The Past: part 2

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

I forgot I had to update today I'm so sorry!! >///< But here it is!  I hope you will enjoy today's chapter too!! I know last chap was super emotional and this one is kinda emotional as well but I promise you won't cry! Its kinda sweet? I wont give you any more spoilers :P

As usual, thanks a lot for reading this and subscribing and leaving comments, I love reading what you think about the fic!! And sorry if I dont answer to them, I'm very lame and I dont want to bore anyone ^^'

So yup, enjoy~


Warm water soak the fluffy contexture of cotton, impregnating itself in it just the right amount before the little piece of cotton goes back to treat the bloody wounds on one particular small hand. Jaebum's movementss are sharp, warily precise, cleaning every tiny inch of damaged skin with detail finesse; not wanting any dirty germen to cause an infection. The immaculate white of the cotton stains once again with dried blood, making Jaebum heart ache a little. He somehow made the bleeding stopped, yet the painful way these fragile hands look doesn’t calm the boy’s agitated heartbeats. The King had said over and over again it doesn’t hurt a bit, but to Jaebum that’s hard to believe. Fingernails had dug too deep in the demon’s skin, cutting it in such way it should hurt as Hell. It doesn’t matter how resistance the King might have to pain, these wounds look like something which could even make scream to the Lord of demons.

“Is Yong Guk this important to you?” Jaebum asks him with a rush of unnecessary jealousy, yet the thought never left mind.      

-Human, for the 20th time already, you do not have to do this.- the demon hisses, massaging the bridge of his nose in an attempt to not lose patience.

-And for the 20th time sir, I do have to do this. Don’t you see how serious the damage is?- Jaebum wonders incredulous, finishing with the right hand and moving on to the left one.

-I told you it doesn’t hurt, and I told you these wounds will be cured by tomorrow. Why do you insist to cure them?- the King asks, stubbornly; glaring down to the boy knelling in front of him.

-Because I can’t let you bleed to death, or let some weird thing get into your system. Human’s disease might be harmful to you and you might not know it. So please let me take care of it without complaining.- Jaebum says with a serious yet soft voice, looking  at those irritated black seas with a silent plead.

He hold the glance a little longer, ever so defiant, but upon seeing how determinate the black haired boy is his dark eyes shift away; mumbling a ‘do whatever you want’ with such a cute childish tone before a pout paint upon his pink lips. Jaebum just smiles at the demon’s adorable display of stubbornness, turning his attention down on those last wounds to treat. The process is the same, careful and delicate like in the right hand; also making Jaebum trembles uneasy at the sight of his beautiful skin so awfully damaged. A nice silence forms in the small bathroom, with only the soft noise of the cotton immersing in the warm water breaking it. Their slow and calm breathings barely could be heard in the room, yet from time to time Jaebum's eyes diverted,  putting special attention in how smoothly the demon’s chest rise and falls in every quiet breath. A strong rush of wanting to hug him tight blooms in him, but Jaebum bites his lip and shakes his head trying to forget about that fervent sensation. He has to dodge any circumstance which can leave that question seep between the two of them.

-Ummm… do you still want to know about Yugyeom?- the demon asks nonchalantly, having his soft glance down on the boy treating him so gently.

-Of course, but if you don’t feel well you can just tell me other day.- NichJaebum khun says with a nice tone of voice, letting him know there is no need to talk about it if he doesn’t want to.

-I’m perfect. And besides, Yugyeom's story isn’t as tragic as Yong Guk’s… well maybe just the beginning is tragic, but the rest is not.- the King comments with a thoughtful tone, sounding truly sincere in Jaebum's ears.

-Okay, I’m listening then.- he says, looking up briefly to give to his demon a quick charming smile. Jaebum doesn’t know why, but the fact that his demon let him take care of him makes him want to smile as he never did before.

-Mmm… how to describe Yugyeom? He is just too peculiar.- the King mumbles with a wonder voice, chuckling slightly for himself. –Yugyeom is really tall, taller than you. He has cute, puppy eyes; and a wide and sweet smile. He is really handsome, to be honest, but what I like the most about him it’s how respectful and polite he is with me. He is actually quite different than you, luckily.- the King comments amusedly malicious, watching in detail how his human just smirks as amused as himself.

-I met Yugyeom around the Eighteen Century. Unlike Yong Guk’s, his story is really funny. He was supposed to get to England, he was going to work as a doctor there; but he got the wrong boat and ended up in Finland. He still worked on the capital as a doctor, but he spent more time learning the language than actually helping people. I remember he told me he was so pissed off because learning English was a pain in the for him, and just because of his bad luck he had to learned another language from square one again.- the demon laughs, seeing the boy’s smile getting a little bit wider and he can’t understand why his eyes don’t turn away from it.

-Why didn’t he just took a boat to England? It isn’t that far away.- Jaebum says, changing the dirtied cotton for a new one; apparently not feeling the intense way those onyx orbs are watching him.

-Boats were majorly expensive in those days, Yugyeom didn’t have much money and he had been traveling for months and months. ‘If it was my destiny to end here, then I should not find against it’ that’s what he thought, and that’s why he stayed. A year later the little hospital he worked for asked him to go the North of the country because the only doctor there had just died. Yugyeom moved and quickly adapted to the town and to his new life. He was just 24, with a stable job in a nice city; everything was perfect. Or it was it, before that one Sunday night when he got attacked by a wolf.- the blonde demon sighs, pouting because of Yugyeom's unfair destiny.

-He told me that night he was coming from the house of a baby who got a fever. In a minute he pass from being just a few meters away from his house to being down on the cold concrete with a wolf attacking him. The animal went straight to his neck, biting it hard and soaking Yugyeom with his own blood. He doesn’t remember how, but somehow he managed to chase the wolf away. He run to home as he could, and quickly started to treat the mortal wounds. He did stop the bleeding and cure himself, but it wasn’t because he was such a good doctor. Yugyeom wasn’t human anymore by that time, yet he found that much later on.- the King tells, his calm voice echoing softly in the room.

-You mean… he become a werewolf?- Jaebum wonders incredulous, looking up at those black orbs with a shock expression.

-Indeed.- the demon nods, smirking amused at how big his human’s eyes are opened. –Yugyeom kept living like if nothing ever happened, but deep down he knew he should’ve died that night. The amount of blood the lost was proof enough, but Yugyeom choose to believe otherwise. Yet it was difficult for him to sleep, because he started to get awful nightmares. And it was even more difficult to explain why he had marks on his neck. He invented some excuse to tell to his patients, yet people didn’t buy it for long. The bite mark was still on his neck after months, and Yugyeom was quickly running out of lame excuses to tell. In those days werewolf and vampires were quite common, it was just logical that everybody was going to presume something like that.- the blonde demon’s voice gets lower, just like his eyes got a little darker.

-One night I was sitting at the limits of my Kingdom, just watching the Moon and enjoying the cold breeze of the night when suddenly I heard screams, angry screams getting closer and closer. Immediately I got defensive, humans knows they cannot enter my Kingdom but that doesn’t mean they won’t do it. The screams were getting louder, I heard their heavy, hurried steps and I saw the dim light of the torches becoming brighter as they came closer. I turn into my human form, just to tell them once to get the away from my land, but in between the darkness I saw a young man crawling on the snow, staining it with blood. He had cuts all over his head, arms and legs, but the more serious wound was the bullet on his chest… I still remember how he was crying, begging me to help him, begging me to not let him die like that. I was actually going to kill him, if he was dying then his destiny surely was to die there. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it; there was something inside me forbidding me to kill him. It was my instinct, which against I can’t never fight.- the demon tells, a little bit more lively now.

-I forgot about the people and took Yugyeom to my burrow. It was just a cave, I’ve made it cozy and warm for the winter; it was better than being out in the snow. I spent the whole night trying to save him, until I finally could take that damn bullet of his body. Luckily the shooter was awful and didn’t damage Yugyeom's heart, but it was quite close to it. He had also lost so much blood, but when I saw the mark on his neck I didn’t worry any longer. I had already take out the only thing which could actually kill him, so I just cured the rest of his wounds and watched him sleep until morning came.- the King comments,  remembering how peaceful was to look at Yugyeom after all what happened that night.  

-What happened after he wake up?- Jaebum asks curios, changing the cotton one more time.

-Well, he thanked me for saving him… and… then he just started to live with me.- the demon simply answers, having those brown eyes looking back at him with a questioning gaze.

-What do you mean?- Jaebum wonders confused, eyebrows frowning deeply, not understanding.

-He just stayed with me. He couldn’t go back to the town, because the people were going to try to kill him again. He didn’t have anywhere to go, so he asked me if he could stay there. I wasn’t happy with the idea of having someone else in my Kingdom but Yugyeom gives me a strange feeling, a good strange feeling. I can trust in him, I know he is incapable of harming me or my Kingdom or anyone; so just I let him. Besides, he is not human; he is a werewolf, he can defend my land almost as I can do it.- the blonde boy explains, looking down at those orbs with an amused glance.

-So… he still is living with you, huh?- Jaebum says with the most uninterested tone he can fake, turning his eyes away before the demon could see in them the strong spark of jealousy.

-Yes, he does. He even built a little cottage for the two of us. It isn’t a palace, but we live quite nicely there.- the demon comments with a playful smirk slowly painting in his mouth, feeling how quick jealousy arise in his human’s heart.

-Oh… so you two sleep together?- Jaebum wonders casually, holding his breath and cursing himself mentally for envy someone he don’t even know.

-Why do you ask? Are you, perhaps, jealous?- the King wonders with such mischievous silky voice. And Jaebum can’t believe this demon wants to play with him.

He breathes out heavily, clenching his jaw a little bit irritated. If the demon knows what he feels, why does he even ask such thing? Jaebum is not stupid; he just can’t fight against what he feels. He should suppress his jealousy, yes, but the Noble King surely will know it too if he does so… He probably knows more than just Jaebum's jealousy, he probably knows more about his feelings than Jaebum. He probably is well aware of what’s growing strongly in Jaebum's heart as well. There is nowhere to run to now, nothing to excuse himself with, and to be honest Jaebum is getting tired of hiding something both of them accept.

Lifting his dark brown eyes up to those evilly playful black ones Jaebum nods. –A little, yes.- he assures calmly, seeing in that demonic face the most adorable surprise expression.

Smirking widely proud for the effect his simple words causes on the Demon King Jaebum get his head down once again, returning to his important duty. But the smirk on his lips remains still, imagining all the questions which must be flooding that malevolent mind. Seconds pass silently and Jaebum doesn’t hear a word coming from those rosy lips, knowing indeed that his demon wasn’t expecting such sincere respond. Biting back a chuckle Jaebum grabs a new white cotton, thinking in something to bring the King out of his turbulent mind.

-How do Yugyeom and Jinyoung know each other then?- Jaebum asks curious, remembering how his Love Angel seemed so worried for the werewolf’s safety.

-Jinyoung…?- the blonde demon murmurs confused, sign that his mind is still a little bit lost. –Oh, yes, well that is a little bit difficult to explain.- he comments, gaining his composure back.

-You know that when a human being is born, a Love Angel and a Mentor are assign for it. But when a human turns into a vampire or, like in Yugyeom's case, in a werewolf, then it’s no longer a human, it’s no longer a God’s creature. Therefor Love Angels have two choices: they can stay and keep caring for their human, since they are supposedly pure-heart and lovable creatures. Or they can just leave their human forever, which means it’s destiny will be lead only by its Mentor; which for a human it’s never good. You would think, in such cases Love Angels would stay with their humans… but the stories I’ve hear are far, far from that.- the King tells, with an emotionless, cold voice: making shivers spread under Jaebum's skin.

-It’s disturbingly amazing how God’s warriors can think, you know? Even for me. I’ve hear about Love Angels playing with their human’s heart, just to make them suffer for turning in dark creatures, in evil creatures; in enemies of God. I don’t think humans are free of sins, but I believe that people didn’t wish for turning in a beast. Who could ever want something like that? Being a werewolf ruined Yugyeom's life, I know deep inside he hates being what he is today… but that is his destiny, that was written when he born, that was what God wanted, wasn’t it? If I being a demon, a low creature, can think like this then why can’t Love Angels? They are God’s sons, aren’t they? They should believe in this…- the blonde demon murmurs, swallowing hard with fury.

-But… you said Mentors and Love Angels can’t change human’s destiny, and that Love Angels can’t change human’s hearts either. How did those Angels play with that people’s hearts?- Jaebum asks confuse, turning his gaze to meet with those cold dark seas.

-Tch, Jinyoung told you, didn’t him? ‘Angel’s unrevealable secrets’- the demon whispers, staring into Jaebum's eyes, making him tremble with a sudden rush of unknown fear. –I believe Angels are stronger of what they seemed to be, and when God is not looking… they can be as dark as we Demons. Who knows? Maybe worst.- he says, leaving Jaebum with more doubts and a pretty much uncomfortable sensation in his heart.

-You… still don’t tell me how Yugyeom and Jinyoung met.- Jaebum comments softly, looking down at that small hand he is treating; trying to ignore the shivers still running in his body.

-Mmm… well, Yugyeom's Love Angel was an odd duck. He didn’t want to stay with Yugyeom but neither wanted to leave Yugyeom alone. So he asked Jinyoung, who didn’t have a human to take care of at that moment, to look after Yugyeom. Jinyoung accepted, but he fall in love with Yugyeom; and when his new human born, which is actually you, Jinyoung begged me to let him check Yugyeom once in a while. I didn’t agree to that, since ‘once in a while’ is ways too ambiguous for my like; and knowing Jinyoung he would probably come every 5 minutes. Instead, we make a pact: I let him see Yugyeom from a secure distance every 50 years. That’s it.- the King explains nonchalantly, with that warm spark on his onyx orbs already back.

-Wait, Jinyoung fell in love with Yugyeom? And why you didn’t agree to let him see Yugyeom more often?- Jaebum asks, really curious and interested, yet this time his attention remain in those last wounds to cure.

-Love Angels falling in love with humans it’s a cliché, practically every one of them does it. That’s why I didn’t let him see Yugyeom more of what he should.- the demon says, his velvet voice echoing serious in the small room.

-I don’t understand. Why exactly you didn’t let him?- Jaebum asks again, missing the way the demon rolls his eyes in annoyance.

-Because Jinyoung isn’t exactly in love with Yugyeom. He is just… I don’t know! But he is just not in love. I’m sure. He wanted to see Yugyeom so then could meet him, and when they finally met each other Jinyoung was going to play with Yugyeom. I wasn’t going to let that dirty Angel mess with Yugie; he had been damaged enough in his life to have a stupid Angel breaking his heart just for fun.- the King demon exclaims displease, hearing just his own breathing angrily irregular in the silent of the room. And by that he knew something was off.

-Oh I see…- Jaebum murmurs, with the weakest tone the King has ever heard from him. –Yugyeom… really is important to you.- he comments, and the demon notice how the brown hair boy states it, not wonders it as he usually does.

-I will put the bandages and it’s done.- Jaebum comments casually then, letting the dirty cotton on the sink to take a few fragile gauzes; yet his voice sounds so lifeless.

-What for?- the demon asks softly, trying to understand the mix feelings of his human’s heart.

-To cover the wounds, what else?- Jaebum says with an obvious tone which rings so empty in the King’s ears.

-There is no need... I can them and they will be just fine tomorrow, as I told you since the very beginning.- the King tells, in a fail attempt to change that sorrowful aura embracing his human.

-I also told you since the very beginning that you can infect the wounds if you them.- Jaebum sighs tiredly, never looking up at the demon’s hesitant eyes.

-I’ve my wounds ever since I was born, why would they get infect just now?- he wonders, not knowing what else to say at this point.

-There’s always a first time for everything and for everyone, so let’s just not run that risk now okay?- Jaebum asks with a low tone, quick but delicately covering that little right hand with the soft gauzes.

-W-why do you even bother to ask if you are going to do it anyways?- the blonde demon grumbles, clenching his covered hand in a fist of impotence.

-Just to be nice…- Jaebum mumbles simply, ending as well his job on the left hand.

-That isn’t exactly the definition of nice, is it?- the King wonders with a heavy stress voice, as his eyes watch how the brown hair boy stands up ignoring his indirect.

-Don’t be so literal.- Jaebum sighs once again, ending the conversation without looking at those onyx orbs, picking everything up in strict silent to then proceed to wash his hands.

The warm water flows, soaking his soapy hands, creating foam while Jaebum carefully washes all the dirty from his skin. The harmonious sound of the water rumbles in the silent bathroom, making Jaebum feel sadder, because he could hear in his mind the loud noise of his heart breaking apart. But a sudden soft breathing against his ear gets the black haired boy shivering in surprise and longing; wanting something which won’t ever happen.

-Human…- the King whispers, making it hard for Jaebum to breathe.

-What?- he manage to ask, unwilling to look up at the mirror and fall in the spell of those black eyes.

-Why is it your heart breaking?- he murmurs, making Jaebum twitch nervously .

He voice sounds so worry, so desperate, but he doesn’t care for him that much… not like he cares for Yong Guk or Yugyeom… does he?

-You know why. You know what I feel.- Jaebum answers serious, his tone ringing firmly in the deafening silent.

-I know, indeed. But I cannot understand… why is it your heart breaking now? Tell me.- the demon whispers ever so haunting; making Jaebum's heart shake with so many emotions.

Jaebum turns around then, slowly, finding those deep orbs waiting impatiently for him. A soft, irregular sigh scape from his lips then, proof of how nervous Jaebum feels. What will happen after he says it? Will things change for bad? Will things change for good? His weakest part wishes this is all a nightmare and he won’t have to say what his heart is crying, yet his hopeful part longs for a kiss after his confession. In any case, Jaebum will never know if he doesn’t say it first… and that’s the hardest thing to do.

-I… I like you. I want you, I want everything from you and I want you to want me too, I want to be important for you like… them, but that will never happen, won’t it?- Jaebum ask swith a trembling smile, watching the way those pink lips purse tightly; like if they were holding back something.

-Tch, saying things like ‘that will never happen’ with such an annoying confidence voice…- the demon comments, taking a step closer as his hands cup the handsome face of his human; hearing his heart beating anxiously fast.

–I hope this will clear your stupid head a little.- he smirks under the confuse sight of those brown eyes; sealing his words with a new kiss, lighting in his human the fire of something which burn strongly on Jaebum each time their lips meet…

and that is starting to burn him strongly as well.