The Trap

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Guys! Sorry if these chapters are boring but trust me, it does get better~

I dont have much to say so i will just say thank you and I hope you will enjoy today's chapter!


Art. Would ever exist something more boring than Art? Jaebum honestly doesn’t think so. But considering the series of particular events that had occurred in his life Jaebum can let himself believe –not completely- that anything can happen when you least expect it. The peaceful and poetic voice of the teacher echoes like a bothersome whisper in the Art classroom, giving methods to find the inspiration to do the painting of the day and forcing Jaebum focus in his work. Today’s subject it’s Heaven & Hell, quite opportune. Jaebum can’t help but chuckle somewhat bittersweet, passing the paintbrush upon the two dark oceans of the demon he had painted. Jaebum never puts much thoughts in the Art’s projects, because he can’t care less about them, -and ironically he is pretty good at painting- but maybe this morning he should’ve thought in something else to paint. What if he comes out the draw right now?

-My Lord, Jaebum… What a beautiful Angel you have create here.- the teacher says, standing right behind him, sounding so stupidly mesmerized.

Rolling his brown eyes in an act of clear displease Jaebum moves the paintbrush away from his piece; faking a nice smile when he sense the older man moving to his side.

-It’s not an Angel, sir. It’s a demon.- he simply tells, clam and polite as he always fakes.

-A demon?! On what planet?- the man asks, with his irritating shocked voice.

-This planet, where else? Heaven & Hell are only on Earth, aren’t they?- his brown orbs look back at the teacher, asking the question with a hidden ‘checkmated’ in his words.

Silence takes over the conversation when the older male doesn’t answer him. The mild murmur of paintbrushes of the rest of the class caressing softly the white fabric of the canvas is all Jaebum hears at the moment, contrasting with his own mocking laugh echoing in his head. They both knows he is right, since most of religions relate Heaven and Hell to Earth and Earth alone, yet seeing how the teacher tries very hard to find some argument to win over his it’s highly amusing to Jaebum.

-That’s not the case, is it? Just try to finish your painting today.- the man says with a slightly annoyed echo in his words, quickly walking away then.

Tasting the sweet victory on his mouth Jaebum places his brown orbs back on his piece, sighing calmly as he wonders how his real form looks like. He shouldn’t feel so curios about it, since probably is something horrible, but Jaebum has the theory that if his human form is this handsome then his real form can’t be far away from that. Or he wishes so.

-It really doesn’t look like a demon…- a delicate voice says then, coming from his right side where the old teacher was just moments ago.

Turning his gaze once again Jaebum meet with brown eyes as dark as his own, but these one are more feminine and bright than his.

-Well, we haven’t really seen angeles and demons so we don’t know how they look like exactly. A demon could look like what we think it’s an angel, and an angel could look like what we think it’s a demon.- he explains, pretty confidence of his reasoning.

-Ummm… that’s one twisted idea, I think.- she comments, sounding sweetly awkward to him.

“What would you think if I tell you I actually know a demon then?” Jaebum thinks ironic, barely smiling as awkward as she sounds.

-I’m Suzy. Mr.Park was going to tell you we will be working together in the next project but he left before that.- she says, trying to be funny to ease the air around them.

-Nice to meet you, I’m Jaebum. We have never talked so probably you don’t know.- he commenta, smiling weakly charming.

-I-I do know…- Suzy mumbles, her cheeks taking a pinkish color. –And I want to ask you to please don’t say Mr. Lee I wasn’t paying attention in his class the other day.- she suddenly begs, gripping her hands together and putting her best ‘cute’ expression for asking mercy.

-The thought of telling him never crossed my mind.- Jaebum says uninterested, wondering why she keeps doing those ‘puppy’ eyes. –I won’t tell him, don’t worry.- he sighs, holding back to not roll his eyes.

-Thank you so much, Jaebum!- Suzy exclaims content, smiling wide and glad to him.

-Uh, you are welcome… I think.- Jaebum mumbles not really knowing what to say since he didn’t make anything to be thanked for. But even so, he can’t help but look at her smile a little longer.

Is just a common smile any woman can give, but Jaebum has a really uncomfortable feeling by looking at it. He can’t quite say how it feels, it’s just weird and odd -pretty odd- and it makes him feel uneasy. He has never stare at a woman’s lips for this long, yet the way Suzy's lips curve in that smile is intriguing. Well, not really intriguing but… curios? Uh, yes, curios. That’s the adjective Jaebum was looking. The noisy echo of the bell ringing across the building rumbles in his ears then, announcing the end of this Monday’s classes and startling him a little bit.

-Well I will see you later, Jaebum. Bye!- she greets him, waving her hands and quickly rushing to walk out the classroom.

Hearing the rustle of the rest of the class accommodating their thing as fast as they could Jaebum wonders why that girl turn out to be so friendly with him so suddenly. He shrugs at that thought, not really concerned about it, standing up and calmly picking up his Art things and putting them in place. He washes the paintbrush and everything he dirtied with paint, leaving them in his table before taking the unfinished painting and putting it inside the wardrobe where all the class’s works are safe. Kindly he places the canvas against the wall, seeing how the sunlight illuminates dimly those beautiful black seas; making them look so alive.

-You won’t come out of there, will you?- Jaebum asks in a soft mumble, a weak amused smirk playing at the edge of his mouth.

The boy on the painting doesn’t answer, obviously, and Jaebum feels a little bit stupid –and incredibly disappointed- to even have some hope that he will actually appeared today. A heavy and deep sigh slides out his plump lips then, as he close the wardrobe’s door and finally walks out the classroom. Two days had passed since the last time he saw the demon, and it’s not that he is dying to see him again but… in some way; Jabeum can’t wait to tease him a little and make him irritated over small, silly things. It’s such a great spectacle for him, so amazingly amusing that Jaebum hasn’t even thought in the three favors he will ask.

“There are not much things I want…” he thinks, crossing the school’s gates and quietly heading home.

Jaebum has never been a greedy person, and to be honest the economic situation of his family was something that he could never complaint about; luckily. His mother and father are well-known architects across the globe, so the abundant money comes from there. But thanks to his parents' work he had lived his childhood moving in and out from different countries and different houses, which to Jaebum wasn’t something to feel glad about. Up until 10 years of his life he couldn’t make any friend, since his time in new places was always short, but that changed when they moved to America. For five years straight he was able to live his life like any other boy, going to school every day without having to transfer after just two or three weeks. And finally he made friends, the only three friends he still has today even if they are miles and miles away.

“I can ask for a plane ticket, but I can also afford that myself.” Jaebum considerates, passing by the familiar café and flashing some fake nice smile for all the women there. “I can’t miss school, that’s the problem” he sighs as he turns down the corner, reaching home.

The soft grind of the door being open echoes quietly around the place, mixing lonely with the murmur of it being closed behind Jaebum's back. Ignoring the fact that the house is completely empty he leaves the bag on the living room’s couch, walking up the stairs and going into his bedroom then. He changes the boring white and green school’s shirt for a red and much comfortable one, before sitting down in front of his computer to have his Monday’s video-chat with his three friends. It’s not that they talk just on Mondays, because he is constantly texting with Jackson, Tweeting with BamBam and having late night’s calls with Mark; but Monday is the day where he can actually see them.

-Yo, pretty boy~! It was about time!- the video-chat windows opens as soon as he log in, having his shortest friend –Jackson- greeting him with a wide smirk.

-Hey, Jackson. How are you doing?- Jaebum smiles, having the warm sensation he only feels with his friends.

-Tired, you know how dancing is. But it was a nice day.- Jackson comments, the smirk on his face only getting more excited. -How about you? Did something good happen?- he asks as his dark brown eyes shine mischievous.

-Something good like what?- Jaebum wonders carefully, having a slight idea of what is his friend is thinking.

-Chu know~~ Something good like… having fun with some girl.- Jackson winks, being so stupidly ert.

-Well…- Jaebum says softly, not saying anything and thinking if he should tell to his naughty friend about Suzy.

-Oh my ing God! Bam, Mark get your asses over here! JAEBUM FINALLY GOT LAID!- but before he could say something, Jackson was already screaming and having irrational ideas.

-The Hell! For real?!- Bam, the younger one among the four of them, jumps behind Jackson; resting all his weight in the short boy.

-I talked to you last night, and you didn’t even think in mention something like this, uh?!- Mark, the older one exclaims as he quickly walks in the living room; arms cross above his chest as he stares at him pretty much upset.

-First, my life it’s none of your business. And second, you really believe everything Jackson says?- Jaebum wonders sarcastic, his eyebrows raising to put emphasis on his tone.

-Hey, I’m not a liar! I do joke around a lot but I’m not a liar- Jackson tells honest, his big eyes opened wide in shock. –And dude, of course your life it’s our business. We care about you, man~- he smirks with his most erted face, so gross.

-Anyways, I didn’t have fun with any girl, okay? Stop getting weird ideas out of nowhere.- Jaebum tells amused, seeing his shortest friend’s disappointed expression.

-You are such an , Jackson. I miss like half of the movie I was watching because of you!- Bambam complains, ruffling Jackson's stylish haircut.

-I just asked him if something good had happened and he answered ‘well…’ without saying anything else so I just deduced he finally got some!- Jackson explains with an obvious tone, glaring at his small friend while fixing his air.

-How can you deduce someone had just by that?- Mark wonders with a slight acid tone, as a mocking smirk paints softly in his lips.

-Well, excuse me but he wasn’t as explicit as you and Bam ing in the bedroom right next to mine.- Jackson tells ironic yet still amused, seeing how his friend’s stares hard at him… and just then he realized what he said.

-Mark and Bam did WHAT?!- Jaebum exclaims, almost freaks out, seeing how Mark pushes Jackson out the chair to sit down in front of the screen.

-Look Jae, things… just happen in life and you can’t help it.- Mark says, sounding somewhat nervous.

- happens, indeed.- Jackson comments, smirking so stupidly mocking; winning his friend's eyes digging holes on him.

-The thing is, I don’t know how to explain it to you. I wanted to take some time to think and be ready to tell you but… I guess that’s useless now.- Mark sighs, glaring at the short boy one more time.

-Oh for ’s sake, get over it. You are gay for each other, big deal.- Jackson tells still sounding amused. –I’m not surprised, honestly. You two always were way too friendly.- he comments, smirking even wider.

-And you want some sugar too, shorty?- Mark asks mockingly, hugging the shorter boy by the shoulder and flashing his most charming smile.

-Well surely not form you, Pikachu.- Jackson chuckles, punching playfully his friend’s stomach with his elbow.

-So… you two are like… dating now?- Jaebum wonders curios, not disgusted or upset,;just very surprised.

-Well, I don’t know if you would call it like that. We are like we had always been…- Bambam comments slightly awkward and maybe a little bit embarrassed as well.

-Just that now they like bunnies and each other faces whenever you are not looking but you know they are making out still.- Jackson adds like if it wasn’t the big thing, smiling mischievously mocking.  

-Oh God, you should get a girlfriend and stop ing about us.- Mark mumbles tiredly, leaning against the chair and shining long.

-And bring her here to hear you two getting on it? No, thanks. That would turn her off and that’s not what I want.- Jackson mocks once again, looking shamelessly into those brown eyes glaring at him.

-Anyways. Jaebum I hope you won’t take this bad. We… just fall in love, I guess.- Bambam says as he places his hands above Mark's shoulders. His calm voice echoing nicely sincere in the room.

-Cheesy~~~~!- Jackson sing-sang beside them, having Mark punching playfully his stomach.

Jaebum just chuckles at his short friend’s cheekiness.

–Of course I don’t take it bad, Bam. I’m surprised, sure, but if this is what you want then I’m glad for you two.- he tells, smiling honestly content.

-Okay this is getting way too gay and I’m hungry as hell.- Jackson says as he pushes the ‘couple’ away from the computer to sit back down on his chair.  –We will talk next week, Jae. Make sure to have something good to tell us and I will try to show you how these two don’t let me sleep at night. Bye~!- he talks fast and waves at the cam, closing the window when Bam and Mark were about to say something int heir defence.

Having his gaze lost in the bright screen Jaebum blinks slowly, gradually realizing what he just found out. ‘Love’ it surely is the last thing on the list of his important matters in life, well it would be wiser to say ‘love’ it’s not even on the list, but in this precise instant Jaebum can’t help but feel amazingly intrigued about it. How could Bam and Mark possibly fall in love with each other? They are friends since practically childhood, how did love worked on them? Why now and not before? Why now and not after? It’s too curios, too unexpected to take it without having one single question but Jaebum believes it could be better to ask them later on.

-They looked pretty happy, though…- he mumbles for himself, turning the laptop off and standing up with the intention to take a shower.

-Who looked happy, human?- but just then that peculiar voice said and his brown eyes rushed to place on his bed; finding a blonde demon lying there so comfortably.

Onyx orbs welcomed him with a waiting gaze; while pink, full lips curved in soft smirk which caught his attention a little bit too long. Jaebum clears his throat, standing in front of the bed where the demon was now sitting down.

-When did you get here?- Jaebum asks, not bothering in answering the boy’s previous question.

-Ignoring someone’s question is awfully disrespectful.- he comments, being more acid than offended.

-But you are not a ‘someone’, you are a demon.- Jaebum says, crossing his arms above the chest while the boy frowns murmuring something like ‘this damn brat’. So amusedly pissed off.

-Anyways, I have not much time so let’s hurry up and talk.- the demon hisses, quickly jumping off the mattress and landing right in front of Jaebum.

-You have something to do? And talk about what?- he wonders being extremely nosy for his uninterested-of-everything self.

-Yes, you cheek human! A demon like me has important s to do.- the blonde demon says, loud and irritated, sending cold shiver downs the black haired boy.

-Uh, okay I understand.- Jaebum calmly mumbles, trying to not let him know how uneasy he feels now.  -Then… what do you want to talk about?- he asks as polite as he can manage to be.

Hearing how the blonde boy snorts rather upset Jaebum swallows silently, looking into those black orbs which seems to be digging into his soul judging by how hard they stare at him. Jaebum has never felt this intimidated by the demon, he can even sense the palm of his hands sweating a little bit, but there’s a part of himself –in the deepest of his being- that is somewhat enjoying his dangerous side. Quite y, may he add.

-We have to talk about the game.- he says smoothly, his soft voice barely rumbling in the bedroom.

-What game?- Jaebum wonders puzzled, his eyebrows frowning confuse. But just by seeing how the edge of those pink lips curves up in a smirk he has a bad feeling about it already.

-You have three favors, do you not remember?- he asks, with a slightly mischievous ring.

-Yes, I do. The book says you have to greet me three favors, but how is that relate to this game you are talking about?- Jaebum wonders even more confused, not seeing the connection at all.

-The book says I have to?- the demon inquires, his dark eyebrows raising doubtful.

-Well, it says you will.- Jaebum clarifies, knowing that it’s basically the same.

-Exactly, it says I will… that means, whenever I want to.- he smirks, so wide and evilly playful that Jaebum finally gets it.

-You are implying I have to win those three favors?- he asks terrible incredulous, his brown eyes opening wide.

-Well look at yourself, human. You are not as idiotic as I thought.- the demon comments disgustingly mocking, the smirk on his full lips only getting impishly wider.

-But I summoned you, I already won those favors.- Jaebum fights back, not believing what he is haring from this creature.

-Yes, you did… accidentally.- he tells, showing those perfect white fangs. –I already told you, not anyone is worthy of my presence. I still have my doubts about you, human.- he comments, coldly low.

Feeling that warm breathe against his lips and those mysterious eyes staring at his uneasy ones Jaebum trembles slightly nervous. Pretty much unsettled

-Is there any other way to finish the contract?- Jaebum asks, trying to keep under control his irregular breathing.

-Well…- the demon murmurs, his lips slowly. –There are, actually, other two ways of ending it.- he answers, too calm and nice for the other boy’s like.

-So tell me.- Jaebum asks trying to be as docile as he can, feeling way too impatient.

Perhaps it was his idea but Jaebum's saw a slight and short glitz of excitement in those dark, empty eyes. He couldn’t think much about it, when one single pale finger lift up; having his attention immediately.

-One: the contracted, that means me, dies.- the demon starts, his voice not shaking at all. –Second: the contractor, that means you, dies.- he adds, smirking. –Now, there is just one way to kill a demon; while I know plenty of ways to kill a human being.- he tells casually, staring ever so hard at those brown orbs.

-You choose, human… Choose wisely.-

That velvet, low and dark voice wanders around every corner of Jaebum's mind; causing a wild rush of chills to spread under his skin. He won’t lie and say he is not afraid because, Hell, he is freaking out right now inside his puzzled head but under any circumstances he can’t possible let him know that. It’s not a issue of ego or honor, -it’s far from being about that- it’s just that Jaebum knows, if he sees him crumbling because of something like this, then he will used that to make him do whatever he wants and the last thing Jaebum wants is to do a demon’s will. He can’t find his weak points, in other way Jaebum knows he will be more than screwed.

-Okay, let’s play that game.- he says, his voice rumbling loud and confident around them, making those eyebrows twitch slightly.

- I thought as much…- he murmurs emotionless and low, taking a step back.

-Will you tell me what’s the game about?- Jaebum rushes to ask, having the feeling that he doesn’t want to talk anymore.

-Later… I already made you suffer enough for today.- the demon smirks grimly, softly fading once again as he please.

Letting the dense air trapped in his lungs thanks to the nervousness slid out his mouth Jaebum falls upon the bed, feeling his muscles relaxing under the kind touch of the sheets. Things are getting fascinatingly interesting and even if today he felt the danger he still is more than anxious to know about the game. Jaebum nuzzled the pillow under his face and breathes deeply, filling his nose with an oddly exquisite scent of wet grass and wood delighting his senses. Little by little this new, pleasant perfume is lulling him and so on his brown eyes close slowly, falling in a mild slumber while he can’t help but wondering where did this scent came from.