The Unknown

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Hey guys!!! Since I got lots of super nice comments from you I wanted to thank you with a new chapter!! ^^

I'm really glad you actually like this, I honestly was so sad that no one commented on this. I thought this was boring and lame and that's why no one ever commented about it. I just want to know what are your thoughts about this, since I really like this story (is my fav one so far) and I thought you guys would love it too but since I didn't get any feedback I started to believe this wasn't as good as I thought.

But since that's not the case I just want to thank you for reading this! Thanks for your love and support and I hope you will enjoy today's chapter as well ^^


Bright flashes of an incandescent red reflect on his unfocused black orbs, as Youngjae is sitting silently in front of the burning fireplace. He had spent a sleepless night, not the first one in his long life but surely the most odd. It’s not like he is not used to not sleep at night, since his mean task is always take care of his Kingdom. But last night he lied on his bed, staring at the ceiling of the cottage, hearing Yugyeom's soft snores, unable to fall asleep. The King feels rare, uneasy; like if there’s something off. And it is annoying –highly annoying- because Youngjae just cannot understand why all of a sudden things are this way. Why are his lips itchy? Why does that kiss keep replaying at the back of his mind? Why does his human’s moan echo in his ears?… And what the Hell is that thing fluttering inside him when he remembers the scene? It has been so long since the last time he kissed someone, yes. But these sensations are just too impossible to get because of one kiss.

“And because a kiss of him, nonetheless” Youngjae adds in his mind, a shudder spreading under his skin at the hot flames of the fireplace remember him the warm way he felt in that kiss. “ you, human.” He curses angry, his plump cheeks suddenly burning with an adorable carmine tone.

-My King, are you alright?- Yugyeom's worry and tender voice distract him, sensing the boy standing by his side; those puppy eyes looking down at him slightly impatience.

-Yes, Yugyeom.- the blonde demon sighs heavily, accepting the boy’s big hands which offer him help to stand up. –I was just thinking.- he comments once he was again on his feet, seeing the boy frowning curious.

-May I ask about what? My King looked… afflicted.- Yugyeom says, putting special attention to find the right adjective.

-Well… I’m curious about this one thing.- Youngjae simply comments, playing with the boy’s long fingers. It’s a bad habit of his, but Yugyeom had never complaint about it.

-Does my King want to discuss it?- the werewolf asks politely, his small eyes looking at the demon with its nature friendly spark.

The blonde demon doesn’t answer anything, his black orbs drifts down to those big hands he is holding; giving to Yugyeom a brief nod. The big boy doesn't say anything, just stands there with him; probably knowing Youngjae doesn’t find this any easy to talk and the King thanks him in his mind for that. It has been a few, long years since that horrible night were he saved the werewolf, and amazingly Yugyeom had grown to know him and understand him more of what the King demon could like; but in this precise situation Youngjae is glad of that. Having all that confusion inside him is already too exasperating to add to the mix someone who demands him to speak.

-Why does humans kiss, Yugyeom?- the soft question slides out the demon’s lips slowly, his curious stare still lying upon the boy’s slender fingers.

-That is really difficult to answer, my King.- Yugyeom says calmly, but his somewhat uneasy voice makes the blonde even curiouser.

-Why is that so?- Youngjae wonders, hearing the boy’s breath slightly agitated.

-Well… human kiss to greet. On the cheek.- the werewolf nervously tells, not fooling the King even a little bit.

-You know what I meant with my question, Yugyeom.- the blonde demon says with a loud warning tone, feeling the boy shivering restless in his light hold.

-Ummm… humans kiss because… t-they like each other…- the tall boy explains, in such a trembling tone it makes the demon confuse.

Not only the way Yugyeom talks is rare, the particular smell oozing from his pores is pretty odd as well. The King is slightly surprised by this reaction giving to the fact that Yugyeom had never acted or smelled like this. It’s an unusual mix between nervousness and shyness, with a soft hint of fear and worry. It reminds Youngjae to those times he hug his human, but the way the werewolf smell it’s majorly different. Why is Yugyeom reacting like this over such a silly topic? Youngjae can’t bring himself to think about it, is just too confusing and, even if he does come up with something, he is not so sure if that would be the exact respond. Why is everything about humans so hard to understand?

-Did… that human kissed my King?-

Words embarrassedly drop from Yugyeom's plump lips, flying to the demon’s ears and making him shudder at the memory of that kiss flash quickly at the back of his mind. Youngjae feels a little taken back by the boy’s question, not knowing how Yugyeom could possibly figure it out so easily. The warm hands he holds give to his own little ones a light, impatient squeeze; sensing Yugyeom getting more nervous. Soon his onyx orbs lift up; meeting with the tall boy’s brown orbs which pleads for something Youngjae does not know what it is. Yugyeom's deep eyes are also sad, and Youngjae doesn’t have idea of how that happened. Yugyeom is acting weird, smells weird, and the blonde King feels lost. What the Hell is actually happening?

-So he did, didn’t him…?- Yugyeom mumbles, his always bright puppy eyes lowering to the floor dully.

His nice hands drop the demon’s ones softly, and for a moment Youngjae sniffed in the air the salty hint of tears. He doesn’t want to exaggerate and say he is in shock but he really doesn't know what to do at the moment. He is a demon after all, and he is sure the last thing any human would want is being comfort by someone like him. Without saying anything he just vanishes, landing in some tall building in Seoul seconds after. The fresh summer breeze receives him gently, flooding his lungs with the sweet scent of the warm station… but the salty perfume of tears still tickles his nose, causing an odd discomfort inside Youngjae which makes the King even curiouser and even slightly worry.

What could’ve possibly made Yugyeom cry?

Youngjae is clueless, yet his nature tells it has to do with him and his heart ache a little with unknown guilt. He is not so sure if he wants to know what he had done to hurt the young boy, but if Yugyeom keeps smelling like that when he comes back then Youngjae won’t have other choice than bring the subject out and discuss it. After all, the werewolf isn't the type to cry over nothing. Yes, Yugyeom had always been a sensitive kid but the King demon had notice it takes something majorly important to make him cry… like that one night when Youngjae saved him from an awful death.

“Still, I hope it won’t have to do anything with me” the thinks, feeling the nice wind caressing his face as he jumps silently from one tall building to another, soon sensing his human’s scent closer and closer.

Feeling the hard wood of a branch strong enough to hold his weight Youngjae lies against the strong tree trunk, seeing in the distance the well-shaped silhouette of the black haired boy. Youngjae finds him once again in the rooftop of that old building, lying comfortably against the concrete railing. Watching covertly how the gentle breeze tousle those onyx locks while the boy just looks down at the front yard full of students the King demon soon finds himself caught by the delightful sight. From the very instant his black eyes saw his human for the first time when he was summoned Youngjae had always thought this boy was quite handsome. It isn’t just because of his perfect features and amazingly toned body, the boy has something all too attractive which more than once had pushed the King to get too close for comfort to the black haired human. From time to time Youngjae hates it –whatever it is- yet still Youngjae cannot stop himself from enjoy it. It might be that he fell in some sort of spell?

“Nonsenses, he is just a simple human” the King demon argues in his mind, jumping from the tall tree and nicely landing right beside the black haired boy.

-Jumping again? It is a new habit?- the boy asks amused, and perhaps is the demon’s idea but he hears some light seductive tone in that voice.

-No really…- Youngjae mumbles softly, eyes dropping unwittingly to those plump lips and face brighting up in a mild rosy color as one particular memory flood his mind. –Your first favor, have you thought about it?- he inquires, quickly lifting his gaze.

-I already told you what I want.- Jaebum tells clam yet serious, his brown orbs already looking back at his cute demon.

-And I already told you I cannot do that.- the blonde King states annoyed, his eyebrows frowning irritated.

-And I don’t believe you.- the black haired boy sneers, lips curving up in a smirk.

Youngjae wants to punch him at the moment, not only for being stupidly stubborn but for also putting that stupidly inviting expression which cause on the Noble King a strong rush of kissing him. But Youngjae choose to ignore both of those sensations and simply takes a seat on the floor, waiting for the boy to catch the hint and sit along. He feels those dark eyes looking down at him with a questioning gaze and so Youngjae lifts his glance as well; finding the confuse yet amused face of his handsome human. Rolling his eyes in annoyance the King takes the boy’s hand, pulling it down to make his point obvious. Youngjae didn’t really thought about how that tiny act could affect him, and there’s a nice shiver running slowly under his skin while he holds that warm hand; feeling also the tight yet soft way his human squeeze his own little one while he sits down right beside him.

-Like you don’t believe me, I’m force to explain why I can’t do you that one favor.- the King demon says with an emotionless tone, his hand breaking the gentle hold quickly.

-Okay, I’m listening then.- Jaebum softly comments, his eyes never leaving the perfect profile of his cute demon.

Sighing deeply Youngjae just lies against the concrete rail behind his back, his calm gaze placing upon the endless blue sky high above.

-Every time a human being is born, it born with its fate already written; and a Mentor and a Love Angel are assigned for it. I don’t think I have to explain what a Love Angel is, but a Mentor is a low-class demon. Their job it’s to read their part of your fate and make sure everything which it’s written happens. Every bad thing which you have to endure, your Mentor is behind it. And every happy moment which makes your heart beat, it’s thanks to your Love Angel.- Youngjae explains, eyes closing for a moment. -Do you understand now why I can’t do that favor?- he murmurs, feeling the soft wind caressing his hair.

-No, not at all. And there are a lot of inconsistencies in your explanation.- Jaebum comments with a confuse tone, soon having those eyes demanding him to speak. –If both my Mentor and my Love Angel can read my fate, why can’t my Love Angel fix all the bad things it will happen to me? Or the other way around. It doesn’t make sense.- he tells incredulous, eyebrows frowning along.

-Demons and Angels can speak all the languages in the World, except for one another. It is like that to protect the balance of Earth.- Youngjae explains once again. –I thought it was pretty obvious, otherwise do you think it could be so calm with Mentors trying to make your life a living Hell and Love Angels making you fall in love with anybody?- he smirks mockingly, seeing the boy nod in understanding.

-Okay. But what’s the difference between an Angel and a Love Angel then?- Jaebum wonders, noticing just now his demon talks about them like two different things.

-Angels are just angels. You know, God’s warriors ensuring the welfare of Human Kind.- Youngjae rolls his eyes at his words, hating to explain the obvious. –Yet Love Angels, as their name says, are the one which take care of your emotions and make sure you will find that one person predestinated for you.- he adds, his nose wrinkling at how cheesy it sounds.

-Oh, so they are like Cupid’s sons right?- Jaebum comments surprised, remembering the little boy with bow and arrows.

-I guess…- the demon mumbles not completely sure, yet that wasn’t exactly the main reason. –The thing is, human; I can’t mess that female’s feelings and that’s why you have to think in something else.- he finish, so bored of the topic already.

-No entirely.- the black haired boy says softly, and judging by the spark in his dark eyes the King has a bad feeling about it. -What if I ask you to summoned my Love Angel so I can ask him to erase Suzy's feelings for me?- he tells, and Youngjae knew it was something bad.

-Trust me; you don’t want to summon your Love Angel. If he doesn’t like the person you are destined to love forever, he will do the impossible to make you fall for someone else. They are a pain in the , those ing Angel.- the King curses them, hating those noisy creatures.

-But if my fate it’s already written, then they can’t change it right?- Jaebum wonders with an obvious tone, having his King nodding softly. –So it’s impossible, I won’t fall in love with Suzy.- he smiles, sensing his favor close.

-There is still one more problem, genius. Your Love Angel can’t either mess with other human’s feelings.- the blonde demon points out, feeling a little confuse as the boy smiles wider.

-Then I will ask to my Love Angel to talk with her Love Angel and if he accepts to erase Suzy's feelings then everything will be fine, won’t it be?- Jaebum  smirks, proud of his brilliant mind. 

Youngjae is just lost of words at the moment; he can’t even understand what he just heard. Is this boy in his right mind? Or did he recently had a blow on the head and he didn’t notice?

-Do you know how absurd the whole idea is? Just her and it’s done!- the blonde demon exclaims, his wide opened eyes staring hardly into those brown orbs.

-I told you, I don’t want to hurt her. This is the best, for both of us.- the boy says with a serious voice, which the King doesn’t believe at all.

-You are a son of a for just thinking that way, and you talk about what’s the best for you two? You are unbelievable, human. Not even I'm so despicable.- Youngjae comments with a mocking smirk, smelling the nice perfume of fury oozing from the boy in front of him.

-I would be a despicable son of a if I didn’t give a and her even knowing how she feels about me.- Jaebum tells, in a dark and heavy tone of voice which for some reason has the demon trembling mildly.

-But… what if you are predestinated? What if she is the one for you?- Youngjae finds himself wondering, sensing his heart shudder surprisingly.

But then his human said something, making his heart beat strongly against his chest in a way it has never beat before, startling him to the point that Youngjae vanishes unintentionally, leaving Jaebum alone and strongly confuse. Not wanting to feel his heart beating like that never again.

-She isn’t the one for me, I’m pretty sure. I kinda… like someone else.-