Bet

He Stole My Heart

You were confused as to why L.joe was in the interrogation room. You looked towards the double sided screen, knowing the director would be there. *I have to make sure I don't reveal anything. Calm yourself ~~~~~.* You let out a breath and you took your seat in the metal chair across from L.joe.

L.joe was leaning back in his seat, hands casually resting on the back of his head. *So cliche, getting my detective girlfriend to interrogate me. That old man knows everything yet, he forgot one thing.*

"You're alive," you broke the long silence and started to flip through L.joe's files.

"Fooled the whole world but that old man over there," L.joe pointed towards the screen. "He ruined everything."

You looked at him, your eyes feeling like they were going to burst into tears. *If only he didn't find out...*

"But at least my last days of freedom will be with a smoking hot detective like you," L.joe winked at you and leaned forward.

Your cheeks tinted red and you cleared yor throat, "Please keep on topic."

"I am," L.joe smirked at your flustered self. *Cute and adorable as ever.*

"You will be charged as guilty as evidence here shows proof of your bad deeds. Your sentences will most likely be ten years unless you have the money to bail yourself out," you flipped through more of his file. Your heart cracked at ever page you turned as you swallowed the huge lump in your throat.

"You know pretty lady, my sentence wouldn't even last three years," L.joe smirked. "I'll tell you a secret," he leaned in extra close, so that no one else but you could hear him. "Don't worry about me babe and concentrate. I can't go to jail peacefully if I'm the one that got you fired from your job."

You nodded slightly and glanced towards the screen. The director had his eyebrows furrowed, annoyed that you and L.joe had made a secret exchange. *That sly brat!*

"So, are you convinced now that my sentence wouldn't even last two years?" L.joe leaned back, his arms crossed in front of him.

"This is not a joke L.joe," your eyes darkened, for more than one reason.

"Never said it was," L.joe's eyes turned into dark orbs as he assessed you. "You are cute but that personality of yours will definitely not do. I feel sorry for our boyfriend, if you have one that is."

*As a matter of fact, I do and it's you!* You rolled your eyes and looked down at the files again. "Your being charged for illegal drug trading, being an unauthorised gang member, identity theft and stealing," you read over the charges again in your mind.

"You forgot making fake identities, having a underground chain of clubs and gangs and bank robberies," L.joe was now leaning over the files and pointed to the charges you had just read out. "Want me to write it down for  you sweet heart?"

You clenched your teeth. *That idiot is adding oil to the already lit fire! Does he not know that I'm trying to lighten up his sentence?!* You let out a frustrated, silent sigh that caught L.joe's attention.

"I'll repeat slowly for you, no need to get worked up," L.joe smirked. *I know you're trying to help but please don't. The way I'm trying to use will help to lift my sentence more since they aren't as serious. I can bail myself otu of those but not the ones you mentioned babe.*

"Y-Your just making your sentence worse!" your hands started to shake as you flipped back to the front page.

"You're as clueless as him," L.joe jabbed a thumb towards the already fuming director. "Like i said before, I'm not going to stay long in that filthy place for a maximum of two years."

"You're insane," you meant it in more than one way. "Do you think I'll believe those words?"

"Believe it or not, I'm coming back to my girlfriend sooner rather than later so just watch," L.joe's eyes grew warm and he smiled geniunely. "She doesn't like being lonely you see..."

"I don't care about your love life," you hissed at him. L.joe's eyebrow rose as he plastered an amused expression. "I'm done," you gathered your things and stood up, the metal chair screeching along the tiles.

"Nice knowing you y thing," L.joe winked and clawed the air.

You were slightly grossed out but you knew he was trying to make you feel better. "Someone will take you back to your holding cell." With that, you walked out, your legs shaking underneath your upper body.

The director came out and went into the interrogation room without you knowing. "You made a really big mistake."

"Tell me how?" L.joe leaned back casually.

"You made your own sentence heavier and by the time you get out of that filthy place, you'll be growing a beard and twice your present age."

"Want to make a bet?" L.joe's eyes turned playful. "Just to let you know, I've never lost a bet in all my gangster years."

"You disgust me," the director hissed in L.joe's unwavering face. "Take him away."

"You'll lose the bet, and when you do, I'll come for you. You ruined my perfect life so when I return, don't think your family will be safe where ever they go," L.joe spat in the director's face with a smirk. "Let's see who wins."

-----------------------

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in AGES !

I had some technical issues but now it's all good since I now have a new laptop ! :D YAY !

Anyways, I didn't know how to make this chapter as intense as I wanted but yeah... :/

So apologies if it wasn't as suspenseful/intense as you guys wanted...

Well ! Thank you all for being patient :)

<33333