Call Me A Star

EXTEEN - The True Story of EXO and Seventeen

(Flashback -1 year ago-Pledis training room)

“Attention everyone! We have a new trainee, his name is Minghao. He’s not very fluent in Korean, so please teach him and help him. Today’s training will conclude now.” Announced the Pledis CEO.

“H..i.i..i……, uhh, m….y name is Minghao…” Minghao tried speaking in Korean.

“Are you Chinese? You don’t… uh… sound very fluent in Korean and according to your name I’m guessing you’re Chinese?” Jun asked in Chinese.

“You’re Chinese too? Or you can speak Chinese?” Minghao asked, again in Chinese.

“I’m from China. I came here around 3 years ago. If you need any help you can ask me. I can do everything such as look through the Korean

Dictionary. All the answers you need are in there.”

“Ohhh, that’s great. Can you help me look for the definition of life and with Korean? Also with just like homework and all. Be my personal tutor. Please.”

“Yeah of course sure. Twenty bucks per day Mr.”

“Uhhh…. I’m broke….. So uh I don’t think I can pay you…”

“It’s okay I was a star actor in China. Everyone knew about me.”

“Yeah right and I was Jay Chou. Anyway, what’s your name?”

“First, I’m not lying about being an actor. I might not be the star actor but I was an actor. And my name is Junhui. Geez what’s your name again?”

“Uh… dummy I just said that my name was Minghao, MR. STAR ACTOR. My parents gave me The8 as a nickname since they love the number 8, but I don’t like that name.”

“The8… what a crappy and interesting name.” Jun mumbled.

“Whatta what you say?”

“Nothing, just thinking about my beautiful past experience when everyone knew me. It’s so sad because no one knows me in Korea.”

“You know that I was a b-boy when I was in China, I’ve even been on extremely popular shows like Day Day Up.”

“Yeah right I even went on Happy Camp when I was a famous actor.”

Months later-

“Jun you’re such a bad teacher you’re super mean and you can’t even teach me Korean properly. Stop abusing me. I request another teacher.”

“Awwwww, look at how cute you are when you’re mad. But what better teacher do you want? I’m like the best teacher out there man.”

“Do you have any friends that can teach me?”

“Well, I do know Lay from EXO, you wanna go ask him?”

“Woooooooooo, you mean I get tutored from a superstar???”

“Uh, lemme call him first and let’s set up a date for you to meet him.”

“Seriously?!?! You mean I seriously get tutored by him???”

“I’m not sure, maybe. Or maybe another member of EXO. Would you like to be tutored by the other chinese members?”

“I don’t care. Anyone else is better than you.”

Minutes later;

“Lay hyung said that he’s busy these days, so he won’t be able to tutor you. With the other chinese members, he said that they’re also busy in China. He could get one of the better speaking Chinese members in EXO, just that the chinese members are busy. For example, one of the better chinese speaking members would be Sehun, and if you would like he could tutor you.”

“Can you be my personal translator and come as well? You know that I can’t speak Korean well.”

“What happened to me being like the worst tutor ever?”

“Did I ever say that you were the worst translator?”

“Why don’t you just bring a translator with you anyways. I can’t always be at your side.”

“But I like you being at my side. It’s makes me feel cozy.” Minghao pouted.

“Stop I can’t take aegyo man. Fine… I’ll come.”

Just like that, Sehun and Minghao soon met up. They realized that they were really enjoying each other. It was rare that people like them had such close interests. However, the month of January came, and both groups became busy as hell. EXO went to prepare, and was almost ready to set out their new song, Call Me Baby with their full length album, Exodus. Seventeen, on the other hand, was preparing for their debut, and was in full function mode to make the best debut possible. Therefore, Sehun and Minghao were never able to meet again, and at the dorms were the first time they were able to meet after January.

 

Flashback ends