Chapter 19

One last time. Jikook.

“Sheesh, Jungkookie, you got blood over our walls.” Jimin scratched at the stains that already turned black. Jungkook snort.

“Ugh…we can’t have Jin see this or else he’d be pissed.” Jungkook sighed and grabbed a towel next to him.

“Here, let me try this…” Jungkook reached his hands around Jimin’s waist and reached for the wall. He rested his chin on Jimin’s shoulders and started to wipe the stain.

“Good thing you’re still short or else I’d be tired af.” Jimin felt Jungkook’s breath on his neck as his cheeks burned.

“There, better?” Jimin wanted to get out…he’s too embarrassed…he turned around and glanced at the door.

“Hey what…” Jungkook didn’t expect Jimin to turn around to abruptly, he almost fell forward but he supported himself by using both arms, pushing against the wall.

They stopped. Everything stopped.

“Uh…” Jimin’s face burned as Jungkook’s nose brushed against his.

“Jimin?” Taehyung suddenly opened the door. Jiminmearly squealed, but Jungkook placed his hands over his mouth and dragged him into the closet, closing the doors behind them.

“Why are we hiding?” Jimin hissed, Jungkook shushed him.

“I don’t know.” The closet was a cramped space, well, it was a closet after all. Jimin was squished against Jungkook, he could feel Jungkook’s heart racing.

“Jungkookie are you okay? Your heart’s beating really fast.” Jungkook blushed, and thank god it was dark in the cramped space that Jimin couldn’t tell.

“Nothing…I could even hear yours from a mile away.” Jungkook hissed back.

“Jimin?” Taehyung came closer to the closet. Jimin tensed up, and Jungkook felt it. He wrapped his arms around Jimin and face his back to the closet doors.

“It’s fine…he’ll see me first, I’ll hide you here.”

“Don’t’ get out before I say so.” Before Jimin could protest Jungkook jumped out of the closet and pretended that he wanted to scare Taehyung.

“Oh my god.” Taehyung giggled. Jungkook laughed nervously and placed a hand on Taehyung’s back.

“Oh yeah, can you come with me for a sec? Some interviewer came and he wanted to see you or Jimin, I couldn’t find him, can you go?” Jungkook lingered a bit.

“Come on! Their waiting…” Jungkook glanced behind him and followed Taehyung downstairs.

 

“Why are we here?” Jungkook tapped impatiently while sitting in a restaurant.

“They’ll be here shortly.” Taehyung replied.

 

“What is your ideal type of girl?” Jungkook sighed and pretended he was thinking.

“Someone pure, has a pretty laugh…oh and short.” Taehyung raised a brow.

“Are we done?” Jungkook asked. The reporters seemed please and said goodbye.

 

“Let’s get something to eat, maknae. Jin’s not making us anything you know.” Jungkook belly growled.

“Fine, you’re treating me.”

“Gottcha.”

 

“Aww…you guys ate already?” Jin whined when Taehyung and Jungkook came back from the restaurant. It was already 12. Jungkook yawned and nodded lazily.

“We’ll take you next time, hyung.” Jin grinned and ruffled Taehyung hair.

“Okay, I’ll be keeping that in mind.” Jin frowned and glanced over at the clock.

“Now go to bed, both of you.” Taehyung sighed and obeyed.

“Jungkookie, go to sleep, and make sure Jimin does too.” Jungkook suddenly was awake when he heard the word Jimin.

He completely forgot about Jimin.

“Hey what…” Jungkook was sprinting up stair to their room. He pulled the door open violently and teared the doors of the closet open.

Jimin was crouching in a ball beside a pile of Jungkook’s clothes, he didn’t seem to notice Jungkook opening the doors.

“Oh god…” Jungkook crouched beside Jimin and brushed his bangs away from his closed eyes. Jungkook sighed and shook his head.

“Pabo…” He smiled and giggled.

“Sorry I forgot about you…” He took Jimin in his arms and lifted him as quietly as possible and placed him on the bed. Jimin glanced at Jimin’s clothes and his pajamas on the floor.

“No, no, no…Jeon Jungkook you can’t…” He looked back again at the perfect chance.

“But this is your one and only chance…”

“Screw it.”

 

“Wah!” Jimin screamed and sat up, hitting his head on the top bunk.

“AHHH!!!” Jimin held his head in his hands. His response was a pillow in his face.

“Shut up, I want to sleep.” Jimin scanned the room, and Jungkook who was mysteriously sleeping in his bed.

“What? Why?” Jungkook furled his brows together and turned his back towards Jimin.

“Jungkookie?” Jimin poked Jungkook on his shoulders.

“Ah…” he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his chest. He limped towards his closet and dug through his piles of clothes.

“Almost forgot…” he opened his bottled of pills and took his dose.

“Ugh…” He leaned his back against the closet and hid his bottled away in his pockets.

“Jimin?” Jungkook sat up and stretched.

“What are you…” he opened his eyes and looked at Jimin who was breathing heavily on the ground.

“Are you okay?!” Jungkook rushed to him, Jimin giggled and waved his hands at Jungkook.

“Completely fine, I have cancer after all.” Jungkook sighed and took Jimin hands to pulled him up to his feet.

“Come on, let’s get breakfast.” Jimin grinned and gripped onto his bottle.

 

“Yah!” Jin yelled. Namjoon giggled and set the table neatly.

“Get down here! It’s getting cold by the minute!” Jungkook and Jimin hopped down the stairs and jogged towards their table.

“Sorry, we just woke up.” Jungkook said as he sat down, while Jimin slowly pulled out his chair and plopped down heavily.

“What’s wrong?” Jin asked, clearly concerned. Jimin looked up slowly and tried to find an answer.

“You didn’t eat dinner last night didn’t you?” Taehyung said out of the blue. He winked at Jimin, he giggled and nodded his head at Jin.

“Exactly, and now I’m starving.” Jimin started eating, as well as everyone else.

“Slow down!” Hoseok laughed and ruffled Jimin’s hair. Jimin grinned and took a long sip of milk.

“Jimin…” Yoongi stood up and held up a box.

“We know today is your special day…” Jimin almost choked and stood up, beaming with joy.

“NO WAY!!”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Namjoon brought a cake up to their table. Jimin giggled again and blew out the candles.

“Oh god…thanks guys you’re the best.” Jimin hugged Taehyung. They spent the rest of the morning goofing around and doing some Vlives for the ARMYS. And soon before they knew it, it was time to leave for their schedule.

“Already?” Jimin checked the time and sighed.

“Come on guys, we need to move.” Jungkook nudged Jimin and they headed upstairs.

“You too, go, go…or we’ll be late.” Jin shooed the rest away.

“I’ll clean up first.”

 

Jin smiled to himself as he picked up the paper plates and throwing them in the trash.

“Yah…” he said to himself.

“They’ve all grown up…” Jin started to pick up bits and pieces of tissue on the ground.

“Hm?” Jin peeked under the table and picked up a small orange bottle with the name Park Ji Min on it.

“Jimin? He never said anything about this…” he looked at the bottle more carefully.

“What’s it for?” He walked towards the couch and sat down, starring at the bottle. Somehow he could feel that something was wrong…that something…

 

“Where’s my prescription pills?” Jimin dug through his closet once more.

“Your what?” Jimin ran his hands through his hair and groaned.

“I need them…” Jungkook stood up and looked around.

“It’s an orange bottle…my name’s on it…” Suddenly his expression changed.

“What if…” Jungkook looked over at Jimin with a confused look.

“Oh god…if someone found it and read the…”

 

“C…Cancer?” Jin looked at the tag in disbelief. Jin felt so empty inside at that moment.

“Jimin has…cancer?” He suddenly felt his eyes burn. How could he not’ve tell from his conditions? Jin sat there…he gripped onto the bottle and headed for upstairs.

 

“I…I need to go…” Jungkook grabbed Jimin hand.

“What? Why?” Jimin looked back with an expression Jungkook doesn’t even recognize.

“I…can’t let them know…I just…” And with that jimin sprinted out the door.

 

“Jimin!” Jin yelled at their door. He can’t just let this slip away.

“Park Jimin! Come on here right now!” The the door suddenly burst open as Jimin ran out and down the stairs.

“Jimin!” Jin yelled at his back. Jimin stopped in his tracks and looked back.

“Yes?” He said, not meeting Jin’s eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Jin asked, he could hear how painful he felt.

 

“What happened?” Taehyung ran into Jungkook’s room where he stood there starring at the ground.

“Jungkook answer me!” Taehyung gripped on to Jungkook shoulders, he snapped out of it and looked up, tears swelling in his eyes.

“Jimin hyung…” Taehyung suddenly realized what happened and immediantely ran downstairs.

“JIMIN!” He yelled. Jimin looked up and grinned.

“Do they…” Jimin looked down again and nodded his head slowly.

“So you knew all along as well?!” Jin yelled up at Taehyung.

“Why are we all yelling?!” Hoseok cried and rested his elbows on the railings.

“Hobi…” Jimin said with as much strength as he could.

“Would you be sad if I left you forever?” Hoseok’s face turned pale and giggled nervously.

“Wh…what do you mean? O…of course I’ll miss you…” Jimin grinned and looked to his right where Yoongi stood there, clueless of what’s happening.

“And hyung…what would you do if I left you?” Yoongis chuckled and shot Jimin his signature smirk.

“I won’t let you go, I get you back as soon as you get out of my sight.” Jimin felt hot tears pouring out.

“And Namjoon?” he said between his hiccups.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Namjoon said with a smiled.

“Jimin…” Jin approached Jimin and pressed the bottle into his hands.

“Why?” Jimin sobbed into his hands.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Yoongi looked confusingly at the two.

“Wh…”

“See for yourself.” Jin threw the bottle at Yoongi.

“Hyung…no…” Jimin pleaded and reached for the bottle, but Yoongi held it further away from him.

“You’ve got nothing to hide…” But his energetic voice suddenly dropped, like a balloon being popped.

Yoongi let his head drop.

“Jimin.” Jimin walked to Yoongi and hugged him.

“Forgive me…” Yoongi gritted his teeth together and pushed Jimin off of him.

“Of what?! Hiding this the entire time?! I thought we were close!” Jimin felt more tear falling down his cheeks.

“Hyung…you don’t understand…”

“What do I not understand? It’s not me, Jimin…no, it’s you.” Jimin looked at Hoseok, waiting for an encouraging smile…but the only thing he received was a frown…a disappointed frown.

“I thought you thought of us as a family…aren’t you suppose to tell your family everything?” Jimin shook his head in disbelief.

“Wait…no that’s not…” Namjoon didn’t look up.

“Namjoon hyung?” Namjooo peeked at Jimin, but let his head drop again.

“Sorry, Jimin.”

Jimin’s chest throbbed.

“Guys…” But they didn’t listen.

“Don’t you all ing get it?” Jungkook growled and stood in front of Jimin.

“It was my fault.” Jin sighed.

“Jungkook, that’s impossible, you can’t spread cancer around just by standing next to each other.” Jin tried to move him.

“You don’t understand…hyung…The reason he has cancer is because of me.” Yoongi’s eyes seemed to glow menacingly at Jungkook.

“Blame me…Just don’t hurt him anymore…” Taehyung bit his bottom lips and took Jimin’s hands.

“He’s been through more than any one of you.” Jimin gripped onto Taehyung’s hands.

“Jimin?” Taehyung whispered.

“It’s okay…I’m…” Jimin shook his head and gestured towards the bottle.

“I need my dose…”  Before he could even finish his sentence everything went dark.

“Jimin!!”