Chapter 26 END 1/2

One last time. Jikook.

“What the are you doing here?” Jungkook hisses as Taehyung slammed the door to Jungkook’s room.

“Jimin told me to come back.” Jungkook raised both brows and rubbed his temples. 

“And you listened?” Taehyung blushed and nodded.

“Ah , you should’ve stayed.” Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

“Why did he…”

“He said you guys needed me…” Jungkook snort and pinched Taehyung’s ear.

“As if.” Jungkook rolled his eyes at the more than depressed Taehyung.

“Come here…” Jungkook said as he choked on his own tears, he hugged Taehyung and rocked him back and forth.

“Jungkook…” He nodded as his shoulder started to shake.

“If he’s gonna go he’s gotta go…okay? I’m sure he’s happy where he is now.” Taehyung cried in Jungkook’s shoulder until he ran out of tears to cry.

 

“Where are your friends?” Baekhyun asked as he entered Jimin’s room with a couple of other people including Chanyeol.

“I told them to leave…so is it time?” Jimin plastered a forceful smile on his face.

“Actually Jimin…I want to tell you something.” Jimin tilted his head and shrugged.

“Sure, I mean, you are my doctor and best friend.” Baekhyun chuckled and sat own next to him.

“It really is just a question.” Jimin grinned.

“Go ahead, I won’t bite.” They both giggled.

“Would you do anything…just about anything for you to return to your normal life? To…your family?” Jimin sat up immediately.

“Yes, anything in my power! Anything at all, I’ll do anything.” Baekhyun bit his bottom lips and looked up his fellow doctors and gave them a nod. 

“But Jimin…the consequences…” Jimin’s eyes widened as he held back tears.

“I don’t care about consequences…I want to go back to my family healthy and in one piece.” Jimin starred at Baekhyun’s adverted eyes.

“Isn’t that what you promised dad?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened and slowly lifted his head, starring into Jimin’s dark pupils.

“You….” He said between gritted teeth.

“Jimin?” It was too late, Jimin stopped in mid-sentence and started to twitch on his bed.

“Dr. Byun…are you sure…” One of the doctors in front of Baekhyun said as medics came in the room and started to wheel Jimin into the operation room.

“Operation commence.”

 

“Hello? Is this Kim Taehyung?” A calm and steady voice whispered in Taehyung’s ears.

“Yes, who is this?”

“This is about Park Jimin.” Taehyung inhaled sharply.

“What about him?” Jungkook glanced over at Taehyung.

“He’s in the middle of his operation, we hope you can come as soon as possible.”

“Okay.”

“We hope to see you soon.” Taehyung stuffed his phone in his pocket and grabbed his jacket.

“Hey, where are you…” Before Jungkook could finish Taehyung took his arm and headed downstairs.

“Jimin’s in the middle of his operation, we’re going.” Jungkook’s face turned pale as he followed Taehyung downstairs.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Yoongi asked as Taehyung frowned.

“Jimin’s about to die so we’re going to see him, want to come?” Yoongi starred at Taehyung blankly.

“Thought so.” He said bitterly.

“N…no, wait.” Jungkook took Taehyung’s shoulder.

“Everyone needs to come, we’re a family, we’re always there for each other.”

“Not always.” Taehyung muttered.

“No, we’re coming whether you like it or not.” Jin said between sobs that he couldn’t keep in.

“Oh god, don’t cry Jin…” Namjoon said as he tossed a jacket to Hoseok.

“Hobi.”

“Yeah.” He gulped.

“Jungkook?” Taehyung looked behind him but he wasn’t there anymore.

“Damn it…Jungkook!” Taehyung sprinted out the door.

“Wait!” Namjoon sighed and ran after them, and the rest followed.

 

‘Jimin!’ Jungkook panted as he turned the corner.

‘Hyung!’ He sprinted and stopped at a red light, he closed his eyes and only thought of one thing...Jimin, ChimChim, Jiminie...hyung. 

‘I’ve always…’ The green light came on and he started running again.

‘I’ve always…always…’ Girls were squealing and taking pictures as he ran towards Jimin’s hospital.

‘Loved…’ He pushed the doors opened, leading to the lobby. 

“Jungkook!” Chanyeol looked up and jogged towards him.

“Where’s Jimin?” Jungkook asked between harsh breaths. Chanyeol sighed and looked at the operation room. Jungkook was about sprint in, Chanyeol stopped him.

“You can’t go in…they’re in the middle of an operation…”

“I don’t care!” Chanyeol grabbed Jungkook by his arm.

“Jimin’s at a life or death situation. Do not screw this up for him.” He growled. Jungkook took a step back.

“Jeon Jungkook!” Taehyung ran in to Jungkook and slapped him right in the face.

“Stop ing around! Who do you think you are?” Jungkook starred at the ground.

“Stop making your own decisions, stop it! Jimin is in there, who knows if he’s going to make it and here you are, running off on your own, not giving about us!”

“Taehyung.” Yoongi stepped between them.

“Stop it both of you.” He glanced up at Chanyeol and bowed.

“Hi.”

“Hi, um…” Yoongi turned his heels and glanced over at Jin.

“Seokjin, aren’t you going to say anything?” Jin sighed as a response.

“Fine.” Yoongi eyed the operation doors mutedly.

“He’s going to be fine.” Namjoon said as he gave Yoongi a bottle of water.

“Thanks.”

 

Baekhyun finally came out of the operation room after a very long time and sighed while taking off his gloves. 

"Hey, hey..." Yoongi nudged the sleeping Taehyung on the shoulders and glanced over at Baekhyun. Chanyeol quickly jogged towards him...

“Baekhyun!” The six ran towards Baekhyun.

Something wasn’t right.

Something was definitely off.

“Baek?” Chanyeol whispered as he touched his shoulder. He shuttered and took hold of Chanyeol’s arms, tears streaming down his face. 

“I tried…I really tried…” He sobbed in Chanyeol’s shoulder, Jungkook stare at the ground, trying not to believe what he's hearing. 

“No…” Taehyung’s glaze wondered about the white tiles, lost.

“I…I’m sorry…” he continued to sob.

“There has to be a mistake! There must be another way…” Hoseok stuttered between words.

“Jungkook…are you…” Namjoon asked, but he stopped when he saw how much Jungkook was crying, his eyes were wide opened as tear poured out.

“C…can we see him…?” Jin asked Baekhyun as he glanced behind at the opened doors.

“One person at a time…please...” Baekhyun said between sobs. Jungkook took a deep breath and walked in to the cramped hospital room.