Chapter 18

One last time. Jikook.

Jungkook ran all the way back to his dorm.

‘No…it’s impossible…’ He repeated it over and over in his mind.

‘I couldn’t be the cause…’ He sprinted upstairs and shut the doors to his room.

'How could it even...' He placed his hand over his chest and squeezed at his shirt, 

‘Am I’m the one killing Jimin?’ He ran his fingers through his hair desperately and slid down to the floor.

‘That’s…impossible…it must be some infection…something…’ Jungkook's bewildered eyes wandered around the dark room for something to distract him...he starred at the white walls and smashed his fist against it. So hard that his knuckles burned, but he didn’t care. He wanted something…anything to distract him from this thought.

‘It was his fault from the beginning.’

' It was because he ignored Jimin too much....' 

'No...that wasn't it..'

‘He never even cared about Park Jimin.’

Jungkook exhaled loudly and looked at his bloody knuckles.

He held his face in his hands as his shoulders shuddered.

“I’m sorry, Jimin…”

 

“Jungkookie? I’m back with some snacks you like!” Jimin opened the door, entering the pitch black room.

“Kookie~ Can you at least turn on the lights?” Jimin flicked a switch on and placed the bag down on the counter.

“Jungk…” Before Jimin could finished his sentence he looked at the ground. Jungkook was crouching in the corner on the room rocking back and forth, crying.

Jimin didn’t say anything, he didn’t even mutter a sound. He quickly crouched down in front on Jungkook and hugged him tight.

“It’s alright…” He whispered in Jungkook’s ear. Jungkook couldn’t stop himself from crying. He buried his head into Jimin’s shoulders and cried. Jimin looked at Jungkook’s hands that were squeezing his and inhaled.

“What happened to your hands?!” Jimin literally yelled as he wiped the tear off of Jungkook’s puffy cheeks. Jungkook pulled his hands away from Jimin, but he pulled his hands back towards him.

“Jungkook…tell me what happened.” Jimin said firmly, even though his heart was broken in pieces seeing Jungkook like this.

“I…I overheard your conversation with Tae…” Jimin’s expression immediately changed, it wasn’t’ anger… Jimin wasn't annoyed...it was sorrow.

“Is…is it true that it was me…?” Jungkook looked up with his teary eyes. Jimin embraced him once more, tears escaping from his closed eyes.

“You’re dying because of…me?”

“Even if it is..." Jimin said softly, like a mother conforting a child.

"Even if it kills me you’ll always be my favourite, I’ll always love you until the end, you know that right?” Jungkook sniffled and nodded. Jimin tightened his grip around Jungkook and sighed.

“Why did you follow us there?” Jungkook looked at the ground.

“I…I was curious.”

Jimin quickly ran out and back with a first aid kit. He kneeled down and took Jungkook’s hands and started to wrap his bloody knuckles.

“Aren’t you mad?” Jimin giggled.

“At what?”

“Following you guys.” Jimin smiled and ruffled his hair. Jungkook tilted his head.

“Not at all…it’s just…about you know.”

“Overhearing something like that must’ve offended you a bit…sorry.” Jungkook shook his head and buried his face in Jimin’s shoulder.

“Don’t apologize.” Jimin’s cheeks immediately turned pink.

“L…let me see your… hand.” Jungkook stretched his hands out and hid his smile behind his bangs.

‘Even if I was the reason he’ll still love me huh…’