Chapter 24

One last time. Jikook.

“Are you sure you didn’t forget anything?” Taehyung asked as Jimin shifted the backpack on his small back.

“Yeah… come one, before he wakes up.” Jimin whispered as he glanced over at Jungkook who was sleeping soundlessly. Jimin inhaled and took Taehyung’s hand.

“Taehyung…” Jimin buried his face into Taehyung’s back and sobbed.

“I know…I know…”

 

“Jungkook ah…” Jimin whispered as he opened his doors.

“Always, ALWAYS remember…” He grinned and closed the door behind him.

“I’ll always love you.”

 

“Jimin, great to see you, and I see you brought someone with you.” Baekhyun glanced at Taehyung.

“Oh, not Jungkook this time?” Jimin bit his bottom lips painfully and sighed.

“No, not Kookie.” Baekhyun giggled.

“What? You got dumped?”

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun on his head. Jimin giggled and scratch his head.

“Well, you can say sort of…” Taehyung blushed and tugged at Jimin’s ears.

“Come on.” Chanyeol took Jimin’s bag and slung it on his back.

“Thank you.”

“No worries.”

 

Jungkook woke up, surprisingly, not to the sound of Jimin singing.

Strange…

He blinked a few times and sat up on his bed, he yawned. The sun was peeking through the curtain as Jungkook rubbed his tired eyes.

"Jimin wake up...I'm hungry." Jungkook sighed. 

He felt beside his pillow for his phone, then he felt something else.

“Paper?” He looked down and saw a neatly folded up piece of paper that has Jimin’s writing on it. Jungkook then realized something he completely forgotten.

“J…Jimin?” He held the piece of paper close to him as he walked towards the bathroom.

“Hyung?” He asked with his quivering voice. No, no, no…this can't be happening...

“Please, stop it it’s not funny…” Jungkook said as he leaned against the wall, sliding down onto the floor.

“You can’t just leave me like that…” Jungkook held his arms in front of his face as he sobbed uncontrollably.

“Hyung…” Jungkook whimpered.

“Hyung!” He took a deep breath in and unfolded the paper.

The first couple of words stabbed him right in the back.

 

Dear my love, Jeon Jungkookie~

 

Hi Kookie…if you’re reading this then I’m probably not there with you anymore.

Now…I know I’ve been annoying, stupid and basically a hassle in your life and I’m sorry…I’m sorry for dragging you down, making you unhappy, and I’m mostly sorry for being by your side when you don’t even need me there.

And I guess I’ll finally grant your wish, I hope you’re happy and spend some time with Taehyung, don’t fight and please eat your veggies… (lol I sound like a mom right now) Oh and remember when you bought me that soda during predubut? Kekeke, I left the three dollars under your pillow, thanks for everything you’ve done…even though I’ll be forgotten…You won’t ever leave my heart!!!!! I’m sure we’ll meet in our next life, and when we meet I’ll definitely make you fall for me ;)

 

With lots of love… Park ChimChim.

 

Jungkook has never felt so bad in his entire life. He stared blankly at the messy scribbles, he buried his head into his arms and scrunched the paper up.

“Bull…” Jungkook sobbed.

 

“Jungkook? I heard some…” Yoongi and the hyungs entered Jungkook’s room, clearly concerned.

“Hyung…” Jungkook stood up and hugged Yoongi tightly.

“Jungkook?” Yoongi scanned Jungkook’s unusually clean room and inhaled.

“Where the hell is Jimin?” He asked quietly, Jungkook continued sobbing and handed them the paper note.

“Jin…” Yoongi said as he looked at Jin with his misty eyes.

“He’s gone…” Jin balled up his fists.

“Are you happy now, Jin?” Hoseok growled.

“Now that Jimin has left…” Hoseok grabbed him by the collar and yelled.

“Are you happy now?!”

“Hoseok.” Namjoon said with his firm yet fragile voice.

“Stop it.”

“Damn it…” Yoongi leaned against the wall and sighed.

“Where is he now?” Hoseok looked over at Jungkook who was pale as a ghost.

“Jin, say something…” Namjoon whispered. Jin didn’t want to…he turned his heels and left.

 

‘Why did he leave…?’ He thought as he roamed the streets just outside their dorm.

‘Was is because of me?’ Jin looked at the cloudy sky and sighed.

‘I’ve been the worst hyung ever…’ And he really meant it, he opened up the piece of paper and took a deep breath in before reading it.

“Oh Jimin…” Jin covered his mouth, but then he giggled and looked at the ground.

“You really do love Jungkook…” Jin put the paper up against his forehead and lowered his head.

“Jimin…” He whispered with his shaky voice.

“Come back…”