Chapter 23

One last time. Jikook.

“Taehyungie?” Jimin said softly as he entered Taehyung’s room.

“Oh Jimin?” Taehyung got up from bed and grinned.

“What brings you here?” Jimin sat down next to his friend and leaned against him.

“I’m leaving tomorrow.” Taehyung’s shoulders tensed up and silence slowly drowned the room.

“You can’t even stay just one day?” Jimin giggled.

“No, Baek said I’ve got to go…” Taehyung leaned his head on Jimin’s and sighed.

“I never thought this day would come…I’ve always thought this was just another bad dream…” Jimin closed his eyes.

“Well, this bad dream of yours is coming true.” Taehyung put his arms around Jimin.

“Why don’t we pack up your stuff?” Jimin smiled.

“Yeah.”

 

“I don’t need much…just some clothes and some things so I wouldn’t be bored.” Jimin went through his closet to find anything interesting.

In the end he brought his laptop, his charger, phone, clothes and some novels.

“That’s it?” Taehyung looked at the tiny pile of things.

“Well, yeah, what else do you want to me to bring?” Taehyung stuck out his bottom lip.

“Me?” Jimin laughed and pinched his nose.

“You can come and visit me.” Taehyung giggled and zipped up his bag.

“Food?” Jimin glanced over at the clock, it read 12:45.

“Food.” In the end they just went downstairs and got some cup noodles.

“Luxurious.” Jimin said sarcastically.

“Why thank you.” Taehyung took Jimin’s paper bowl and threw them into the trash.

“Ah~” Jimin looked around their living room and smiled.

“I’ll miss this place…” Taehyung glanced over at Jimin. His silver hair that was barely covering his eyes, his perfectly shaped nose and his rosy pink lips.

Taehyung looked at Jimin and smiled, he took Jimin’s arms and pulled him closer.

“The thing is…hyung…I’ve got to tell you something.” Jimin grinned and ruffled his hair.

“Ask away.” He said playfully. Taehyung tightened his grip on Jimin’s arms, this time he didn’t say it. Because he knew he’d get the same answer.

‘You know I’ll always root for Jungkook!’

‘Either I die or I die with Jungkook.’

‘I just love Jungkookie…’

‘Kookie will always be my favourite.’

Taehyung had had enough of all that bull. He had enough of Jungkook; he wants more of Jimin.

“Tae?” Jimin tilted his head, Taehyung gritted his teeth together and growled.

“Why can’t you love me back?” He whispered and smashed their lips together. Jimin’s eyes were wide as Taehyung leaned into the kiss. It seemed to last for an eternity before Taehyung let go, sprinting off. Jimin stood there, speechless. He touched his lips and watched Taehyung run off.

 

Jungkook didn’t interrupt them and he wished he had. He just stood there watching his first and last love with someone else. He loved Jimin…? He wanted to go out there and ripped them apart, but he didn’t, his feet wouldn’t let him, so he stood there with his eyes glued to the ground, refusing to look up.

 

“Jimin…?” Jungkook entered the kitchen where Jimin stood there, eyes unfocused.

“Jimin!” Jungkook said, louder this time.

“J…Jungkookie!” Jimin stuttered.

“Did you…see that?” Jungkook didn’t want to reply…but he then nodded.

“I’m sorry…Taehyung probably was sleepy and he did it…”

‘Why did he have to explain it?’ Jungkook though as he balled his hands into fists.

‘Why are you so irritated Jeon Jungkook?!’

“Look, Jungkook, can you just forget about what happened?” Jungkook still had his eyes glued to the ground.

“Jungkook? Please don’t make me feel that bad…can you at least say something?” Jimin pleaded. Jungkook finally looked up with a frown plastered on his face.

“Whatever.” Jimin’s smiled disappeared and took a step closer to Jungkook.

“Wait…wh…”

“You’re going to die anyway.” Jungkook spat.

Jimin froze.

It wasn’t something mean.

It was the truth.

Yet.

It hurts.

Like… a lot.

Jungkook turned his heels and walked away leaving Jimin standing on the brown carpet floor.

He remembered this feeling.

It was even the exact same place.

The key chain he made, Jimin wondered where it was now.

The 76th time Jungkook rejected him.

It was the same feeling, but this time it really felt like someone jabbed ten knives into his stomach.

He watched Jungkook leave.

‘This is probably the last time I’m going to see him.’ Jimin thought as he forced a smile.

‘Good bye my love.’