I'm giving up...

One last time. Jikook.

 

Jimin wiped his swollen eyes and sat up straight, looking at Taehyung.

“W..what?” Taehyung mumbled, he dind't dare to look up at Jimin. 

“It’s just...” Jimin smiled.

“I feel like I haven’t seen you in a long time or something…” Taehyung’s bottom lip started quivering.

“I’m sorry.” Taehyung said with his head down, gripping onto Jimin’s hand.

Jimin’s expression turned serious again.

“No need to be sorry, I was just plain worried.” Jimin ruffled Taehyung hair and looked out the window.

“What did the doctor say?” He asked plainly.

“You won’t last long…” Taehyung replied.

“I knew it.” Jimin smiled forcefully.

“Jimin…I’m so, so sorry…I couldn’t do anything about…”

“Taehyung, how many times do I have to say it?” Jimin held Taehyung’s face in his hands.

“It’s not your fault.” Jimin looked at the clock after a long pause.

“You…should go…we have a tight schedule today.” Jimin forced a smile.

“But…”

“Go.”

 

“Jungkook!” Taehyung called after he saw him in the waiting room.

“Taehyung.” Jungkook growled.

“Are you happy now that he’s like this?” He stood up and balled his hands to fists.

“I’m not here to fight, it’s Jimin…” Jungkook lowered his fist and stood his ground.

"Wh...what did the doctor..." 

“He’s…not gonna last long…about a month or so…” Jungkook froze.

“A month…?” Taehyung nod.

“What did Jimin say?” Jungkook gripped onto the sleeve of his hoodie.

“He told me to go…” Jungkook inhaled with his quivering breath.

“We have a tight schedule today…maybe we should go, too.” Jungkook starred at the ground. Taehyung nodded unwillingly.

“I’ll call a cab.”

“You go first…I have to…go to the bathroom.” Taehyung nodded and left Jungkook alone.

“A…a month…?” Jungkook ran his fingers through his messy hair as tears ran down his cheeks.

“He’s going to leave us in a month?”

 

“One month…? That’s all I’ve got?” The doctor nod.

“Do I have any other choices than to just wait?” Jimin pleaded, the doctor thought for a momentand sighed.

“We can continue with your treatment, but you only have at most 3% chance of surviving. But if you decide to ignore that fact, you can go now and do what you have to do. Until the day comes…we’ll contact you.” Jimin looked down at his hands.

“Okay, I’m going to go.” The doctor clicked his pen and nods his head at Jimin.

“Take care.” Jimin smiled.

“You too.”

 

“Should we tell them?” Jungkook and Taehyung sat in one of the small cafes, it was Jungkook favourite place to go when he's depressed or frustrated, in this case, both. 

“Tell who?” Jungkook glared at Taehyung.

“You know who I’m talking about.” Taehyung sighed and took a sip of his coffee, he stopped to put more cream in it. 

“I mean…” Jungkook began, but stopping thinking about what he should say,so he started to stir his coffee. 

“I know it was hard for you to take in all this, but I think we should hold for now and see what happens.” Jungkook starred at Taehyung.

“Look, Jungkook..." Taehyung crumpled up the empty cream cup.

"You know how much Jimin likes you and you know how long he’s going to stay with us…so…” Taehyung buried his head into his arms.

“Please be nice to him for once…just once Jungkook, please…that’s all he’ll want.” Jungkook looked at Taehyung, feeling his insides turn.

“Sure.”

 

Jungkook sat alone in his room; it sure is quiet without Jimin around. He glanced towards Jimin side of the room and grinned when he saw a picture of them together during trainees on Jimin’s shelf. Jungkook giggled to himself, he remembered when this was taken. It was right after their first dance class, in front of the vending machine. Jungkook turned the frame over.

‘Still own Jungkookie 3 dollars’ Jungkook smiled.

“Stupid…” A knock interrupted his thoughts, he glanced at the clock.

“It’s almost 12…who would come this late?” Jungkook looked at the photo again and slid it in his drawer, he closed it carefully and headed for the door. 

“Coming!” Jungkook opened the door, to his surprise, it wasn’t Jin telling him to sleep early.

“Yo, Jungkookie.” Jimin smiled.

“Jimin?” Jungkook said as Jimin pushed into their room.

“Yeah?” Jimin started to unpack his things.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in the middle of your treatment?” Jimin smiled again and sat down on his bed.

“I decided that I’m gonna die anyway, why not spend my last moments with you?” Jungkook balled up his hands.

“What do you mean?! There has to be some way to fix you!” Jimin sighed, his smiled still plastered to his face.

"Jungkookie..." Jimin looked up at Jungkook.

"Does 3% sound promising to you?" 

"But there's still a chance...maybe..." Jungkook took a step towards Jimin. 

“Can’t you tell Jungkookie…?” Jimin smiled finaly disappearing, turning into a frown. 

“I’m giving up.”