Chapter 17

One last time. Jikook.

“Taehyung! We’re all out on vegies and milk!” Jin yelled from downstairs. Taehyung stretched on the floor and yawned.

“Make Namjoon go!” He yelled back.

“Taehyung!”

“Alright, alright…” He got up lazily and skipped downstairs where Jin waited patiently, leaning against the counter.

“Here’s a list of things to buy, and don’t forget flour and the spices.” Taehyung groaned and took the list.

“I thought it was just milk and vegies.” Jin ruffled his hair and giggled.

“Bring you best bud with you if you want, that always cheers you up.” Taehyung smiled.

‘It really did.’

 

“Jiminie!” Taehyung knocked on Jimin’s dorm door.

“We’re getting food!” Jimin opened the door.

“Coming.” Taehyung rolled his eyes and giggled.

“Come one, get your hat, Jin’s waiting.” Jimin smiled.

“Oh~ We don’t like waiting Jin. Be right back.” Jimin raced back in his room and rummaged through his stuff. Jungkook took off one ear bud and glanced over at Jimin who was more than eager.

“What are you up to?” Jimin put his hat on and did the grin where his eyes turn into a line.

“Going with V ssi~” Jungkook tilted his head, going where? He wanted to ask, but too late. Jimin was already sprinting out the door.

‘It’s probably not something important.’ Jungkook thought to himself and went back to his phone. But something was bothering him, the conversation he had with Taehyung last night.

“I wonder who he’d choose…”

Jungkook threw his phone onto his bed and growled loudly.

“Ugh! Why am I feeling so weird?!” He flopped into his stomach and sighed.

“I use to hate him so much but…but…” He glanced at his lock screen, it was taken on his birthday, Jimin and Taehyung’s arm was around him, but Jungkook looked at Taehyung more in detail. 

‘Why does he irritates me so much?’ He asked himself after a minute of staring at the photo. There wasn’t anything about his personality, Taehyung wasn’t annoying…but something…

Jungkook yelled into his pillow and stood up, he grabbed his jacket and a mask. He headed out for the direction on Jimin and Taehyung.

He didn’t like this feeling at all.

 

“What are we getting?” Jimin peeked at the note Taehyung was holding.

“Same old stuff...are you missing anything?” Jimin looked up, thinking…

“I need some winter clothes…” Taehyung giggled and ruffled Jimin’s hair playfully.

“Away we go.”  

Jungkook tugged at his face mask.

‘Ugh...I came anyway…’ He thought to himself and followed Jimin and Taehyung cautiously.

 

“Do you like this hoodie?” Jimin held up a red hoodie with his name in the front. Taehyung giggled and put the hoodie back.

“I like this one.” He took a hoodie with the word TAEHYUNG on the front and put it up against Jimin’s chest. Jimin laughed like a child and pinched Taehyung’s cheeks.

“Sure why not.”

“Actually?” Taehyung looked at him with amazement.

"Why not? I mean...this is really nice." Taehyung giggled and Jimin ruffled his hair playfully. 

 

Jungkook stood awkwardly in the store alone and flipped through clothes, he peeked over his shoulders and sighed.

‘I want to have fun with Jimin…’ He shook his head and turned back, blushing.

‘I...I’m just curious, there no way I would even think about hanging out with that midget.’

 

“Here.” Taehyung flopped a large coat over Jimin’s head, he looked at the coat fondly and smiled.

“I like it.” Taehyung giggled and ruffled his hair.

“Then it’s my treat.” Jimin looked up at Taehyung and smiled so wide you couldn’t see his eyes anymore.

“Thanks.”

“You’re treating my to lunch though.”

 

“Sir...sir?” The waiter waved his hands in front of Jungkook as he snapped out of it.

“A… large fries please.” Jungkook looked back at Jimin and Taehyung sitting just about two tables behind him.

‘Ugh, I feel like a stalker.’

 

“So…” Taehyung said after they ordered. Jimin looked up at Taehyung and sighed.

“Can we just…” Jimin took Taehyung’s hand.

“Yeah.” Taehyung looked down at his lap and tightened his grip. They stayed like this for while and Jimin kept a straight face. 

“Please don’t leave me.” Jimin felt a shiver down his spine. He lifted Taehyung’s chin up so he was staring at him directly in the eyes.

"No, don't say that." Jimin force and giggled. 

“Just...enjoy these three weeks while you can.” Jimin wiped the escaping tear on Taehyung’s cheek. Jimin bit his bottom lip and let go of Taehyung’s chin.

“What should I say to Jungkookie?” Jimin looked at the ground as if he was ashamed.

“I never would’ve imagine this situation...of course until it happened.” Jimin looked up and a heartbroken expression was plastered on his face.

“Jungkook wouldn’t even notice if I just disappear, would he?”

“He never really cared about me, even though I knew…” Jimin forced a smile.

“I was a fool.”

 

Jungkook stared at his trembling hands and inhaled, but it was suddenly really hard to breath. Was he always like that? Did he ignore Jimin so much that...

 

“No…Jimin.”

“The doctor said my cancer was from stress and mostly shock. He asked me if I was extremely depressed these days or was there anything desperate on my mind, I said no.” Jimin kept starring at his lap.

“Of course I wasn’t shocked.” Taehyung inhaled.

“Is it Jungkook?” Jimin’s shoulder suddenly shuddered.

“Jimin, this is a huge deal.” Taehyung nearly yelled.

“Are you saying that Jeon Jungkook…” Jimin shook his head, as if that would make the reality go away.

“Jeon Jungkook was the cause of your cancer?”