I’m Getting Married?! Um, okay…

I (Adore) Despise You

 

WooHyun’s POV

My dad summoned me to his office all of a sudden. I wonder why.

“WooHyun-nim, what are you doing here?” Appa’s secretary asked.

“Uncle asked to see me.” I answered.

Suddenly a voice came warbling out of his telephone. “Mr. Lee! Has WooHyun arrived? If he has, send him in immediately!”

I smirked at him. He got up from his chair and led me into appa’s office. “Sir, WooHyun-nim is here.”

My dad looked up and said, “Oh. You’re here.” he looked at Mr. Lee who was still standing there by the door. “You can go.” He bowed deeply before moving out of the office.

“You called for me, sir?” I reminded him.

“Ah, yes. I wanted to tell you something very important for your future.” he started. I waited expectantly. What could it be? Money?

“You’re getting married.”

“WHAT?!” I yelped. He glared at me. “No need to act so surprised. You knew this was coming.” he told me.

“I had no idea!” I replied.

“Whatever,” appa said. “You’re getting married to Han SooJi, the daughter of my best friend, Senator Han SooRo.”

“Oh… Her.”

“So, do you agree or not?” he asked, scanning my face.

I sighed. It’s not like there’s anything I can do to change my dad’s mind so I just said, “Ne, appa.”

My dad looked surprised. I guess he expected me to object. But I knew that no matter how much I say no and refuse, it’ll still go on. I had no choice. My dad was a man of his word. Even though he never acknowledged me as his own son, there was still this ‘I’m-your-dad-and-you’re-still-my-son’ thing between us. I could never defy my dad.

“Wait. Do you have a picture of this SooJi person?” I asked him. “I don’t want to marry a complete stranger. I want to at least know what she looks like.”

My dad grabbed this month’s copy of Elle Girl Korea. I had been wondering why it was there. “Flip through the advertisements. Look for the advertisement for Elite.” he ordered.

“Okay.” I started browsing through the magazine. A page which said ‘Elite’ caught my eye and I immediately turned back to that page. “Whoa. This is her?”

“Yes. That’s Han SooJi. 19 years old and model for Elite.” he informed me.

I wolf-whistled and said, “She’s pretty.”

I meant it. This girl was really, really beautiful. She looked like a goddess. She could easily beat those idols when it comes to looks. She had really big eyes and really white skin.

“Your future wife is pretty. You’re lucky,” said a voice.

I whirled around and saw BooHyun hyung standing by the door. “Hyung! When did you come?”

“I came a few minutes ago but you were too busy drooling over SooJi,” he joked.

“Hey, son! How are you doing?” appa asked. He got up and clapped BooHyun hyung’s back. I looked on with envy. I wish I could be that way with my dad. I guess that could never happen. They wouldn’t even reveal that I was their kid.

“I’m fine, dad.” Hyung replied. He turned back to me and told me, “SooJi might seem like a person who only has brains and beauty but trust me, that girl can be really scary. She’s tougher than me.”

“Seriously?! I’m getting married to a tigress?!” I joked. Hyung pushed me and said, “You call her that and I’ll beat you up myself. She’s my best friend.”

“Okay. Okay.” I defended myself. “No need to get physical.”

“Hey, dad, I’m taking this rascal out for lunch, okay?” Hyung asked appa. “You wanna come?”

“No, I can’t go out right now. You boys enjoy your lunch.” he replied, waving us out.

“Bye, dad!” Hyung yelled, heading out the door.

“Bye… Uncle.” I said, before closing the door. I shut the door and sighed before following BooHyun hyung to the elevator.

We were already in the lobby when BooHyun hyung’s phone rang. “WooHyun-ah, wait a minute.” we both halted and I waited as he took the call. “Hello? Oh, umma. Why? What happened to Senator Han? Okay, we’ll be right there.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Umma just called. Your future father-in-law is in the hospital.” he told me.