Tick Tock

I (Adore) Despise You

Infinite – Tic Toc [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suEMcdkpH4A]

[A/N: Hey, guys!! Sorry for the long period of no update. We have an announcement. From this chapter onwards, the character’s thoughts will be in italic. The two main characters (WooHyun and SooJi) have their own colors. But if it’s a minor character, it will be written who. SooJi’s thoughts will be in pink and WooHyun’s thoughts will be in blue. Enjoy~]

Author’s POV

Time passed by quickly. It had been decided to keep it a private event. Plans were finalized and were prepared. The dresses, floral arrangement, the venues, the catering and every other detail were taken care of by Mrs. Han, Mrs. Nam and SooJin. They were all good planners and the preparations were going smoothly.

~~~~

It was the day before the wedding. SooJi kept a perfect facade and pretended that she was ready, not only for the wedding but also for the marriage. Every time that the wedding came up in conversations, her mother and father would quietly ask her if she was sure about the wedding; they would also tell her that it wasn't too late to back out.

She would always reply that she was ready and that she was sure about her decision. But inside, she wanted to scream all her frustrations out. She wanted to run far, far away. WooHyun knew this. He felt guilty. He thought that he should have backed out, since SooJi wouldn't do it herself.

Ever since that dinner in the hotel, SooJi would only talk to him during business or political gatherings. Otherwise, she would ignore him and wouldn't even spare him a glance. During the wedding rehearsal, she had maintained a poker face but when her father walked her down the aisle and handed her over to WooHyun, she looked as if she wanted to cry.

On the night before the wedding, SooJi quickly ate dinner, not even knowing or tasting what she was eating. She hurriedly excused herself and went to her room. She felt as if she was going to suffocate if she had to keep her mask on. She needed some time alone.

She closed the door behind her and changed into comfortable pajamas. She laid down on her bed and turned off her lamp. The room became dark. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

The wedding's tomorrow. It's really going to happen. A tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered her wishes as a child. What happened to finding true love? What happened to being with that special someone for the rest of my life? I regret agreeing to this. I regret this more than anything else I've done in my whole life.

She cried, thinking of what's bound to happen to her now. She fell asleep, sobbing as she let out her frustrations and regrets. 

Meanwhile, WooHyun lay in his apartment, also thinking about the wedding. I like SooJi but I regret agreeing to this too. I know she doesn't want this but we both have no choice.He closed his eyes and thought, All that I can do is make her NOT regret this wedding. I'll do my best to make her happy. He too fell asleep as a tear fell down his face. 

~~~~

The sound of the bridal march echoed through the whole venue. SooJi looked like goddess in her wedding dress as she walked down the aisle. WooHyun stood there, looking dazzling and handsome in his suit. Mr. Han handed over SooJi's hand to WooHyun and he accepted it. He smiled at her and they both stood in front of the altar. 

"We are gathered here today to bond two souls through marriage," the priest began. He looked around at the people gathered.

He continued, "Those who have any reason to prevent this wedding from continuing, speak now or forever hold your peace." He paused and looked at the people again. "If there are none-" 

He stopped abruptly as the doors banged opened and three girls walked in. SooJi's eyes widened. She knew these girls. She knew them better that she knew her own sister. "HaNa unnie? YeonHee? JiEun?!" fell open as she stared at the one in the left.

"Yes, it's me, my dear friend," the one named JiEun said. "You thought I was dead, right?" She smiled and everyone burst into flames. They were all covered in flames and yet they all looked unharmed. It seemed that the fire didn't hurt them in any way. They looked as if they didn't even notice they were on fire. WooHyun was still normal and he was also gaping at the three intruders.

"Unnie, what happened to inviting each other on our wedding days?" YeonHee asked with her big eyes.

SooJi opened to talk but her voice was stuck in . "Who's this man? Is he your future husband?" HaNa asked. 

"It looks like it, unnie," JiEun said.

SooJi looked at WooHyun and she stumbled in her hurry to move away from him. He looked as if he was rotting on the spot. His face was no longer handsome, but was now disgusting.

JiEun smiled at SooJi again and WooHyun also caught fire. He was still holding SooJi's hands. SooJi who was desperately trying to pull away. Suddenly, SooJi's hand also caught fire. She screamed as the fire burned her while everyone else watched her expressionlessly.

"Unnie!" A voice screamed. But SooJi paid her no attention. She was too busy freaking out because of the fire that was now burning her dress.

"Unnie!" A voice said, impatiently. Someone shook SooJi. She opened her eyes to be blinded by the sunlight that was now streaming into her room. She sat up. SooJin was sitting at the edge of the bed, looking worried and shocked.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "You've been screaming and thrashing since I opened the curtains. Are you a vampire or something?"

SooJi wasn't listening. I thought it was true. I'm so scared.HaNa unnie. YeonHee. JiEun.                                                                         

"Unnie, you're sweating," SooJin said, handing her tissues. SooJi snapped out of her reverie and accepted the tissues.

"Why are you in my room?" SooJi asked.

"I came to wake you up," SooJin said. "I have to get you ready. Today's the big day."

Designers and stylists all came streaming into her room. SooJi looked dazed. "Oh yeah. It's today." She whispered as she slid off the bed.