Spending Time Together

I (Adore) Despise You

SNSD – Let It Rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YUTYOh_r5w

Author’s POV

After buying the wedding dress, the 2 adults decided to go meet a wedding planner. SooJin immediately followed after them. SooJi and WooHyun tried to go with them but the two wives refused and told them to go spend time with each other.

“We want to keep most of the wedding plans secret,” Mrs. Nam said.

“You two should spend time together before the wedding,” Mrs. Han told them. “At least get to know each other a bit.”

“Yeah, go eat lunch or something,” SooJin agreed. “Now, shoo. Go away.”

The two had no choice but to leave the three to plan the wedding. SooJi and WooHyun were left standing awkwardly after the others left.

“Should we go for lunch?” WooHyun asked. “You must be hungry. SooJin told me you’ve been trying on dresses for hours.”

SooJi made a face. “Yup. That’s true. Where should we go eat?”

“I know a good restaurant. Should we go?” WooHyun opened the door to his car. SooJi had to ride with him since she didn’t have a car of her own.

The ride to the restaurant was awkward and quiet. They got stuck in traffic and WooHyun tried to make the atmosphere by turning on some music. He tried to lighten the mood by dancing along to K-Pop songs but when he saw the looks that SooJi was giving him, he finally gave up and decided to just concentrate on driving.

I give up. She’s too much of an ice princess, WooHyun thought.

After arriving at the restaurant, WooHyun immediately got out of the car and jogged to the other side to open SooJi’s door. When he got there, however, SooJi was already at the stairs of the restaurant. WooHyun sighed. Why is she being so difficult to approach?

During the meal, it was also quiet and only the sounds of forks and knives hitting the plates could be heard. WooHyun attempted to make conversation once again. “So… What can we talk about?” he asked SooJi. She remained silent.

“How about we properly introduce ourselves? We haven’t done that yet,” WooHyun suggested.

“Okay, you first.” SooJi said.

“Me?” WooHyun echoed, pointing at himself.                                        

“Who else is here? It’s just you and me,” she said, sounding irritated.

“Okay, okay.” he said. He opened his mouth to say his full name but stopped. If this girl is going to be so cold and short-tempered, I might as well be irritating, he thought. “What happened to ‘ladies first?” he asked.

“Just get it over with,” she said, looking extremely pissed. “I’m starting to get a bit impatient.”

He just looks at her, as if daring her to say more.

“You know what, this conversation is going nowhere,” SooJi snapped. “Since I’m done eating, I’m gonna go now. Thanks for the meal.”

She got up and picked up her purse. “Wait!” SooJi felt a hand on her wrist and looks back to see WooHyun gesturing for her to sit back down.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” WooHyun said. “Let’s give this another try, okay?”

SooJi stared at him. Is this guy dumb or something? Can’t he see that I don’t want to talk to him? she thought.

“My name is Nam WooHyun and I’m 20 years old,” WooHyun said. “But I guess you already knew that.” He laughed.

“Why don’t we go buy coffee? We can also walk around the area,” WooHyun suggested.

SooJi realized that her bodyguards weren’t with her. In other words, she’s free! If only she could ditch this guy… She nodded. But in her head, a plan was already forming.

 

SooJi’s POV

After stopping by Starbucks, I convinced WooHyun that we should go to Hongdae.

“Hongdae? Why?” he asked.

I shrugged. “I just wanna go there.”

“Okay. Let’s go!” he said cheerfully. If only he knew my plan… I grinned without him seeing. I felt bad for being so cold to him but he’s the person who’s about to take away my perfect life.

After arriving at Hongdae, I brought him to the park. I sat down on a park bench and began my plan to ditch him. “WooHyun-sshi, I have a small request,” I began.

“Why aren’t you calling me oppa?” he suddenly asked. “Call me oppa.”

“Okay. WooHyun oppa.” I said. He looked surprised. He probably expected me to throw a tantrum and pretend that I didn’t want to. Well, too bad for him. I’m trying to escape. I’m still going to call him WooHyun. Just not to his face.

“Please get me some of those dukbokki they’re selling over there,” I requested.

“Okay. Stay here. I’ll be back,” he told me. The moment he was out of my sight, I got up and ran away. I ran and ran.

 

Until I felt a pair of arms around me. I stopped in my tracks, shocked. I was about to scream but the person clamped a hand over my mouth. I struggled hard.

“Why did you run away?” I heard WooHyun’s voice ask. My eyes widened.

He released me and I glared at him. “I wanted to escape and have some time for myself, in case you didn’t notice.”

“You could have just told me,” he said quietly. “I’m not the type of guy who would force a girl to spend time with him.”

“Oh. So you’ll let me go?” I asked hopefully.

“Yup. On two conditions. Deal?” he said. I nodded.

“One, you can’t act cold towards me,” he said. “Two, you have to spend time with me before I let you go.”

“Huh? But you just said that you’re not the type to force girls into spending time with you!” I complained.

“Yeah, but you’ve been ignoring me and you’ve been acting so bratty too,” he said.

“What?!” I yelled. I took a deep breath. Freedom. Think of freedom. “Okay fine. Where do we go now?”

“Let’s walk around,” WooHyun ‘oppa’ said, grabbing my wrist.

We walked around Hongdae, playing games and trying on stuff from stalls. Thank goodness I’m not wearing heels. I grabbed a pair of rabbit ears from a stall and placed them on WooHyun’s head.

“Hey!” he yelped. I laughed at the sight of him. Suddenly, I felt something huge being forced on my head. I looked into a mirror to see my face peeking through a huge frog headdress.

“Yah!” I whined, removing the headdress. I whirled around to see him holding his phone, laughing. He must’ve taken a picture of me. I tried to grab the phone but he held it up so I wouldn’t be able to reach it.

I stomped my feet in frustration and walked away. I headed towards the playground. I was already tired. Where am I going to get my energy for my time alone? It was already getting dark. I decided to call WooHyun and tell him that I was leaving.

Out of nowhere, he was there beside me, holding two cups of hot chocolate. He handed me one.  We sat there silently for a while.

Suddenly, I felt something wet on my cheek. Rain started to fall. I glanced around for somewhere to take refuge in. A hand dragged me towards the slides.

“Go under,” WooHyun told me. “We’re too far from the car and rain’s falling fast.”

I did as told and squatted under the playhouse. He also sheltered himself from the rain. [A/N: Think Sunggyu and Hoya’s experience when they were trainees. Mentioned in Infinite’s Sesame Player. XD]

“I hope the rain goes away fast,” I whispered. I reached out to catch raindrops in my hands. A family ran past by. The little girl paused and tugged on her mother’s coat. “Hey, mommy, there’s a beggar couple over there! Look!”

The mother glanced at us and bowed before picking up her daughter. The family quickly went into their car. Once the car began to move away, I caught a glimpse of the child trying to peek at us. She caught my eye and waved. I waved back, surprised.

I heard a chuckle coming from my right. I looked sharply at WooHyun who stopped laughing immediately. He blinked at me innocently and asked, “What?”

“Why are you laughing?” I asked, irritated. “Do I look that pathetic to you? That pitiful?”

“Why are you so snappy?” he asked. “I was just laughing at that kid. Laugh a little.”

I harrumphed and turn my back to him. I watched the rain fall and played with the engagement ring on my finger. Do I really want to get married to this carefree guy? Suddenly I felt a hand tapping on my shoulder. I turned my head.

I got splashed with water. I closed my eyes when I got hit with water. I opened one eye to glare at the criminal. I opened both eyes and pushed WooHyun into the rain.

“Yah!” he yelled as he got wet. Rain poured over him and I laughed loudly, remaining under my shelter. I laughed and pointed at him, “Haha! You’re all wet now!!!”

He scowled and then smirked evilly. “Yah, come here!”

I shook my head and stuck my tongue out. “No way!”

“You’re not coming out?” he asked. I shook my head. He came closer to me and tried to pull me out. He succeeded. I was become drenched within seconds.

“You’re really gonna play like that?” I asked him seriously. He just smirked at me.

“Aish!” I ran towards him and tried to push him. I tripped and fell. “Ow…”

 

WooHyun’s POV

I quickly ran towards SooJi. I helped her up but she winced. “Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked, concerned.

“I… I think I twisted my ankle,” she muttered, her face contorted with pain. “Ack, it hurts a lot.”

“Let’s go back to the car,” I suggested. “We’re already wet anyway.”

She gave me a look. “Do you seriously think I can walk with this?” she pointed to her swollen ankle.

“I’m not that inconsiderate,” I said, shaking my head. I crouched in front of her. She didn’t move so I glanced back and said, “Get on.”

“What?” she yelped, surprised. Then she blushed. “I’m heavy. You’ll become like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.”

“I don’t think so. You’re a model so you’re probably light,” I said thoughtfully. “Just get on. I’ll carry you to the car so I can bring you home.”

“Are you sure?” she asked, sounding cautious. Yes, CAUTIOUS, not concerned. “Don’t complain that your back hurts later.”

She placed herself on my back and I stood up. “You were lying.” I said.

“Eh?” she said, surprised.

“You said you were heavy,” I said seriously. “You’re not.”

“Aigoo...” she muttered. “Let’s just go. It’s getting cold.”

“Yes, boss!” I said, cheerfully before walking towards the direction where I had parked my car.

Author’s POV

The two walked back in silence. They were both in deep thought.

[A/N: I’m gonna write their thoughts here.]

WooHyun: After spending time with her, I think this girl is something special. I felt sorry towards SooJi, though. She didn’t get her ‘alone’ time. At the same time, I felt happy that I had spent some time with my future wife. At least, I got to know her a bit better. Maybe I might even like her. She might be the answer to my prayers.

SooJi: Okay. I admit it. Spending time with WooHyun wasn’t that bad. I might, I repeat, MIGHT have liked it. I still don’t know if my feelings towards this marriage have changed. I got to know him a bit more today. Maybe he might be different from what I thought.

Both: Maybe this marriage isn’t such a bad idea.