Locked Up

I (Adore) Despise You

 

SooJi’s POV

“Ya!!! What are you doing in here?!” I yelled at the man standing at my bedroom door. I grabbed a pillow from my bed and hurled it at him. He smoothly dodged and caught the next pillow which I threw at his direction. “Nice aim,” he mused. I glared at him and prepared another pillow.

“Hey, calm down, yeobo,” he smirked. I strode over to him and whacked his head multiple times with the heavy pillow. He yelped and tried defend himself by holding on to my wrists. I gritted my teeth and stomped on his foot. As he jumped around the room clutching his sore foot, I headed towards my bed after picking up my ‘amo’ (pillows), calling, “Your fault. You should be thankful I’m not wearing my stilettos.”

I jumped onto my bed and laid down. I closed my eyes and tried to remove some of my tiredness. I took deep breaths and relaxed myself. It worked until I felt something push down the side of my bed. WooHyun had hopped over and jumped onto my bed. “Aigoo… You have a soft bed,” he commented.

I kept my eyes closed and asked grumpily, “So why are you here again?”

“I’m staying here tonight,” he answered simply, bouncing on my bed. My eyes flew open and I sat up. He fell off the bed in surprise. I turned towards him and told him hurriedly, “If you’re staying in this house, you should go to one of the guest rooms.” Knowing my mischievous sister, she could have planned this all and is now doing who-knows-what while we’re both sitting here. WooHyun, still sitting on the floor, raised his eyebrows, obviously suspicious of why I was suddenly trying to kick him out of my room. I panicked. An idea popped into my head. “Aw, man. I’m sleepy! Could you please leave? I wanna go to sleep,” I said, faking a yawn. I got under my covers and snuggled under them.

He smirked and got up. He walked towards the door and I watched him from my bed, peeking from underneath the covers. He suddenly turned around and I immediately acquired an I’m-in-very-deep-sleep pose and let out a loud (and also very fake) snore. I could imagine him laughing. I heard the door knob turn and I waited for the door to snap open but there was no sound. I warily opened one eye. I heard the knob turn again. I hurriedly closed my eye. I heard the sound of the knob being turned again and again. I opened my eyes. I prayed that it wasn’t what I think it was. I sat up and saw WooHyun standing by the door, the door knob in his hand. He had a surprised and frustrated expression on his face. He was trying to open the door.

“What are you still doing here?” I asked, surprising him. He whirled around and complained, “There’s something wrong with your door!”

“What?” I asked, puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve been trying to open it but it won’t budge,” he said.

“Eh? But it was working just a while ago,” I said, confused. “You even came in.” I added under my breath, “Unfortunately.”

“What?” he asked sharply.

I gave him an innocent look, “Nothing.” I got off the bed and went to the door. My face was a mask of confusion but inside I was already having my suspicions. If this was a plot to get us locked in here, then I already know the mastermind. My sister, Han SooJin, that sly fox. I wrapped my hand around the handle and turned it, praying that it would open.

Silence.

I tried again. It really wouldn’t open. My mouth fell open and my eyes narrowed. “Han SooJin!!!!!”

WooHyun was watching me with curious eyes and I flushed red. I couldn’t possibly tell this unlucky person that my sister locked us up in my room. I pretended to check the lock and grimly said, “Yup. We’re locked in here.”

~~~

What do you think?? Please comment! ^_^