Old Friends

I (Adore) Despise You

 

A Pink – Wishlist [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiQ5xf0M1A&feature=related]

SooJi’s POV

Right after the wedding, we headed towards the hotel for the party. Of course, being the new married couple, WooHyun and I had to ride together in the white limousine. Even though we were now husband and wife, the atmosphere was still awkward and silent. I looked out my window and watched the scenery as we sped by.

I still couldn’t believe I was already married. I was Mrs. Nam WooHyun. Argh. So frustrating. I sighed and rubbed my bare arms. I was feeling cold since it was winter and I was still wearing my wedding dress which left my upper back, my shoulders and my arms exposed to the cold. I looked up when I felt something drop onto my shoulders.

WooHyun had removed his blazer and placed it on my cold shoulders. “But you’ll feel cold!” I protested.

He shook his head, “Probably not as cold as you.”

I pulled his blazer tightly around me and muttered, “Thanks.”

“No problem. Mrs. Nam.” He said.

My eyes widened and I glared at him. He looked back at me, with innocent eyes. “What?” he smiled and added, “You should get used to it now. I’m sorry that you don’t like it but you’re my wife now.”

“I know that. It just takes a bit of time to get used to that.” I grumbled.

We plunged back into silence and soon I began to feel drowsy. My head lolled to the side unconsciously and I hit my head on the window. “Ow!” I yelped. I straightened up and rubbed the side of my head.

“If you’re that sleepy, you should sleep,” WooHyun said quietly. My head snapped towards his direction. He was looking out the window and he felt my gaze and said without looking at me, “We still have a long way to go. Sleep.”

“I’m not sleepy. I’m fine.” I replied.

“Suit yourself,” he said.

I turned my gaze back towards the outside. But after a few more minutes, I was half-asleep. The last thing I remember before falling deeper into my slumber was two gentle hands placing my head on something to lean on until I wake.

 

-An hour later-

A hand shook my shoulder and I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up and saw WooHyun’s face within an uncomfortable distance. I immediately scooted away from him and tried to hide my red face. I looked at him and asked in a hoarse voice, “What?”

I felt blood rush to my face and I lowered my gaze and cleared my throat. I glanced out the window and noticed that we were in the hotel. I opened the door and stepped out. SooJin came rushing towards me to help me drag out the train of my dress. “Thanks,” I whispered to her.

She mouthed a “No problem” before WooHyun appeared beside me. The doors that led to the wedding reception opened and WooHyun held out his arm.

“You only have to act happy for a few more hours then you can go back to hating me,” he said softly.

I nodded and slipped my arm through his. We entered the huge room with applause echoing. We both bowed to our guests and the party began. Halfway through the party, SooJin led me to a room and told me to change into a shorter dress. The new dress reached until my knees and it made walking around easier. I went back to the party to continue greeting the guests with WooHyun. Thankfully, there were only a few left. Soon, the guests left and only our families were left. We reached the table where our families were gathered.

“Umma, Appa,” I called, heading towards their table. Half-dragging WooHyun, I hurriedly walked to their table. I gave my parents a hug and my sister a kiss on the cheek. I greeted my new in-laws and gestured to him to sit down. He sat down and I also made to sit but my sister stopped me. I raised my eyebrows and she grinned apologetically before saying, “There’s someone you should see. They’ve been waiting, you know.”

My face showed my confusion and surprise as she grabbed my arm and led me out to the garden behind the hotel. I was about to ask her what this was all about but she handed me a glass of orange juice. “You might get thirsty.” she said, grinning.

I opened my mouth to yell at her but she already left. I stomped my foot in frustration. What was with all the surprises today? I groaned inwardly and looked around the garden. It was well cared for and it was covered with flowers which were beginning to lose their color, signaling the beginning of autumn. I sighed and decided to walk around. I was really curious on who that person was. I sipped the orange juice my sister gave me and looked at the garden until I bumped into someone. The glass of orange juice slipped off my fingers and spilt onto the girl’s white clothes.

She yelped and hurriedly tried to wipe the mess off. I hurriedly apologized and asked a passing waiter to bring me some tissues. He went off running and I turned back to the girl. “I’m so sorry,” I said, looking embarrassed. “I’ll pay for the damages.”

“Unnie?” the girl said, looking closely at my face. I stared at her and realized who this person was. “YeonHee-ah!” I squealed.

I tried to give her a hug but she stopped me with a small smile, “Your dress might get spoiled.”

“Oh. Right.” I grinned and memories started to come back to me. The waiter from earlier appeared and handed me a couple of tissues. He bowed and left. I helped YeonHee wipe away some of the orange stain but it was stuck there.

“It’s okay, unnie. I can just get it dry cleaned,” she reassured me.

We started to walk around until she stopped in her tracks, “Have you seen HaNa unnie yet?”

“She’s here?!” I asked, surprised.

“Yup. Come on,” YeonHee took my hand and led me to a gazebo. Sitting inside was my unnie, Kang HaNa.

“Unnie!!!” I called and ran to her. She looked up and smiled at me. She held out her arms and I jumped into them. She hugged me tightly before pulling away to say, “Aigoo, SooJi’s married now.”

We all sat down and I looked at my two friends. I sat beside HaNa unnie with her arms around me. Kang HaNa was the dependent and doting unnie. Although she came from a rich and prominent family, she never flaunted that fact. She would always be the peacemaker since she was the cool-headed one. She was responsible and took care of the three of us exactly in the same way she would treat her own siblings. She was mature and always got us out of trouble when we did stuff that got us scolded by our parents.

I shifted my gaze towards the girl sitting across me. Song YeonHee was the energetic and aegyo-filled maknae. Although she didn’t seem like it, she was tough and had black belts in karate and taekwondo and a red belt in judo. She had a bull’s strength. Her aegyo only comes out at times when she is desperate to get something she wants. She was the type of person who wants people to depend of her instead of the other way around. She hated people who expected her to be fragile and graceful because she was a girl. In school, she was a genius. She always got first in class. Even though she was naturally smart, she still studied hard while juggling her part-time job in her family’s business.

A voice brought me back to the present, “Unnie! Earth to Han SooJi!” I blinked and saw YeonHee waving a hand in front of my face.

“Sorry,” I said. “It’s just that a lot of memories are coming back to me.”

“It’s been a while,” HaNa unnie said. “How long has it been already? One year?”

I nodded. “It’s been a year.” My gaze snapped towards YeonHee. “Do you… Do you remember now?”

YeonHee looked confused and asked, “What? What am I supposed to remember?”

“SooJi.” HaNa unnie warned, shooting me a look that said “Do not continue.”

“Nothing. Never mind.” I said to YeonHee.

“So, how have you guys been?” I asked them. “I missed you two.”

“I missed you guys too,” HaNa unnie agreed. “We haven’t seen each other since that time.”

“Yup. We haven’t seen each other since she died.” I said softly to HaNa unnie. So softly so that YeonHee couldn’t hear. She can’t remember yet. She’ll be broken and traumatized all over again.

~~~~

A/N: Guys..... So sorry!!! We've been really busy lately so we haven't update that much... How long has it been? 1 month and 4 days, right? We feel so guilty...We've been writing chapters but never had the time to post them up... We've even wrote some stuff during free time in our computer lab.... Anyway, we have 3 chapters for you!! Enjoy~~

Oh and I need your opinion on something. Do you think that our chapters are too long? Do you think it's getting boring or it has too many plots? We need to know your thoughts so please comment and let us know... Thanks for everything~!!!!

~krystalline14 & eLement16