'Honeymoon' Night

I (Adore) Despise You

 

SooJi's POV

“So… What do we do?” WooHyun asked loudly. I was lying down on my bed, massaging my temples while he stood near the balcony door, calmly watching me. We had been trying to call SooJin’s phone so I could threaten, I mean, convince her to unlock the door. We were unsuccessful since she wouldn’t even pick up our calls.

“What do you want me to do?” I snapped. “I’m locked up with you in my own room with no way of getting out.”

“You sound as if you’re trying to say that I’m the problem here,” he shot back.

“You are!” I told him angrily. “Why did you even come in here?”

“I was going to just say ‘Good night’!” he replied. He sighed loudly and said, “Are you sure there’s no other way out?”

“The only other way out is the balcony,” I mumbled. “Jump off for all I care.”

“I have no intentions of jumping to my death, thank you very much,” he grumbled. “Why don’t you try jumping off?”

“I can’t,” I lied.  Of course, having to escape when going out with the gang made me learn how to jump off but he doesn’t need to know that.

“Look, can we just stop bickering? I’m tired.” he said.

“Fine by me,” I replied.

“Where should I sleep then?” he asked me.

“I don’t know,” I muttered. “I guess you’ll have to sleep in here. I’ll bring out some blankets for you.”

“Blankets? Why?” he asked stupidly.

I looked at him, questioning his thinking ability. “Duh. You have to sleep on the floor.”

He blinked at me before saying, “Ohhh… Okay.”

I shook my head before going to the closet near the bathroom. I pulled out some thick blankets and a spare pillow. I handed them to him and he took them, mumbling his thanks.

“I’m gonna sleep now. Good night.” I said, crawling under the covers.

“Okay. Good night.” WooHyun replied. I glanced at him suspiciously before reminding him, “Stay on the floor!”

He just nodded. I was already half-asleep when someone tapped me on the shoulder. “What?” I asked groggily.

“I want to take a shower,” WooHyun’s voice informed me.

“Uh, just go ahead,” I mumbled, pulling the covers tightly around me.

“I don’t have clothes,” he reminded me.

“Send SooJin a message or something,” I answered from under the covers. “Tell her you need clothes.”

“What if she doesn’t answer?” he asked worriedly. “I don’t want to go to sleep .”

“She will,” I assured him sleepily.

“Which shampoo should I use? Do you have an extra toothbrush? Do you have a shower gel?” he kept on pestering me.

My eyes snapped opened. I pushed the covers off of me and snapped at him. My patience was at its end. “Gosh! Seriously! I’m trying to get back to sleep here! Just do what you want!”

“Okay then.” he said. After a few moments of silence, I started to pull covers over me again until he decided to bug me again. “Where’s the bathroom?”

I let out a frustrated sigh and just got up. I was wide awake now. I showed him the clean bathroom and gave him a towel and showed him where everything was. I got out and instead of going back to bed; I headed out to the balcony in my pajamas. I rubbed my arms and looked out.

After a couple of minutes, I heard a door open. I whirled around and saw someone placing a pile of clothes on the floor. I ran towards the door, determined to stop it from closing. I was too late. It snapped shut just as I was a few meters away.

I sighed and picked up the clothes. I knocked on the bathroom door and told WooHyun through the door, “Hey, SooJin received your message. Here’s your clothes.” I placed the clothes near the door and was about to walk away when it opened. WooHyun stepped out, only clad in a towel. I could see his six packs. My eyes widened and I felt myself going red. I hurriedly turned around and got into my bed. I covered myself with the comforter. What was wrong with me? As a model, I see a lot of stuff like this. But still, it felt so awkward seeing my ‘husband’ that closed to . I puffed out my cheeks and sighed.

After a few moments, a hand tapped me on the shoulder. “What?” I asked from underneath the comforter.

“Can I have another towel?” WooHyun requested.

“Um, sure,” I answered. I peeked from under the covers and saw that he was still shirtless. My eyes widened and my reflex was to burrow under the covers again. “Just take one from the closet over there. Take as much as you want.”

I heard his footsteps walking away from my bed. A few seconds he later, he called out, “Where? I can’t find it.”

“Just look for it! You’ll see it!!” I said loudly. I was still in my area of safety for that night: under the = covers.

“Where?!” he yelled, sounding frustrated. I sighed and carefully walked towards the closet. Avoiding him, I took two towels from the cabinet. When I turned around to give them to him, the distance between him and me was shocking. He had crept up behind me and was standing in front of me, still shirtless. My eyes raked his well-built body and I felt my face flaming up. I forced myself to look at something else and the towels into his chest. I immediately walked away but he grabbed my wrist.

“Is something wrong?” he asked me. I forced myself to look at him to say, “Nothing.”

“So why are you acting like… this?” he sneered. I shot him the evil eye and growled, “Like what?”

He thought deeply and his eyes glinted as if he had an idea. “It couldn’t possibly be that you’re embarrassed to see me like this, are you?” he grinned evilly.

“I am not!” I said loudly, trying to tug my wrist out of his grip but he had a steel grip.

“If you’re not, then why is your face so red?” WooHyun whispered, leaning in. My eyes widened and I pushed him away. He stumbled backwards and I ran to the bed. I leapt onto it and grabbed a pillow. I covered my face with it and let out a groan. I touched my face and it was burning hot.

I hate SooJin for planning all this. I hate myself for blushing. Most of all, I hate Nam WooHyun for making me blush. It’s our first night as husband and wife too. What sort of honeymoon is this? Can this be even considered one? I sighed. So much for getting along with my new husband.