Rumors

I (Adore) Despise You

 

SooJi’s POV

I was at home, lying down on my bed, wearing sweats. I decided to read the news online and I was shocked at how much these people got to know.

There have been rumors about Han SooJi, the hospitalized Senator Han’s eldest daughter. It has been rumored that Han SooJi is engaged to a member of the Nam family, the family of Senator Han’s best friend, Senator Nam. However, Senator Nam’s eldest son, Nam BooHyun, has already been engaged to his long-term girlfriend. Does SooJi and BooHyun have a secret relationship or is this an arranged marriage? – Showbiz Korea

Although the part about me being engaged to BooHyun oppa makes me want to laugh, I’m curious at how they found out I’m getting married. I looked at the diamond ring [http://lovepromiseandring.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/sell-diamond-ring.jpg] on the ring finger of my left hand. I remembered what had happened on the day I decided to accept the marriage.

-Flashback-

“I accept my father’s offer. I will marry Nam WooHyun,” I told both my family and the Nam family.

“Are you sure, SooJi-ah?” my mom asked, sounding worried. I nodded.

“I… I will marry WooHyun-sshi as soon as possible,” I said. I tried hard not to show any emotions and I forced myself to remain calm. “It might help appa become better if he finds out.”

I heard the door open and I heard the ahjusshi’s voice, “SooJi-ah, are you sure about this? Once we get married, there’s no turning back.”

I spun around to look at him. I met his eyes and I saw that he was worried about me. I nearly laughed. Ha. This ahjusshi is worried about me?! He doesn’t know anything about me.

“I’m very sure of my decision, WooHyun-sshi,” I told him. “If you are planning to back out, then please say so.” I hardened my gaze, trying to make the hostility I felt towards him obvious.

I saw his father glare at him and he noticed it too. “I’m sure I don’t want to back out either,” he told me firmly.

“Then there’s nothing to discuss.” I said, putting an end to the conversation.

-End of Flashback-

I sighed. My phone suddenly rang and I checked it to see Manager oppa calling me. I answered it and his greeting was shocking.

“Yah! Han SooJi! Why didn’t you tell me about this engagement business?!” he asked me angrily. I pulled the phone away from my ear and said, “It happened all so suddenly. I didn’t have time to tell you about it. I’m so sorry, oppa. Forgive me please?”

He sighed and told me, “Fine, I forgive you. But there’s a problem. Reporters are bombarding the company with questions. Even your fanclub is waiting for answers. They won’t stop pestering us. What do we do?”

“Just tell them that I am engaged, just not to BooHyun oppa,” I said.

“Okay. Arasso,” he replied. After a short silence, he added, “I have to admit, the idea of you marrying BooHyun is a bit ridiculous.” We both laughed together.

“I’ll go and tell the management what you told me,” Manager oppa said. “Bye, SooJi-ah!”

“Bye, oppa,” I said. “And, thank you.”

“No problem.”

I turned off the call and placed my hands on my face. I sighed. Why does my life have to be so complicated?!

My phone rang again and I groaned before lifting my head up. I grabbed my phone and checked the caller ID. It was SooJin.

My eyes widened. Did something happen? Something so important that SooJin is the one calling me? I accepted the call and said, “Hello?”

There was silence from her end. I became worried and started asking her loads of questions. “SooJin-ah, why did you call? Did something happen there in the hospital? Did something happen to umma? Or appa? Yah, answer me!”

“Unnie…” she said slowly. “We need to talk.”

“Huh? Why?” I asked, curious.

“Just… Just come, okay?” she said, obviously trying to make this conversation quick. “I’ll meet you in the park near the house. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

“A-arasso,” I replied, nervous about what SooJin was going to talk to me about. “I’ll go now.”

I looked at my phone in shock. That was new. I got off my bed and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and a small bag which contained my wallet and some other necessities. I ran out of the house, telling the head maid and my bodyguard that I would be out for a while to meet SooJin.

I went to the park to see SooJin sitting on one of the swings. I occupied the one beside her. After a few moments of silence, I asked her, “So, why did you ask to meet?”