Wedding Day

I (Adore) Despise You

IU – Last Fantasy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uBwDUlOOU4]

Author’s POV

The rest of the morning passed by in a blur. Make up was applied, dresses worn and adjusted, hair styled, shoes slipped on, jewelry tried on and photos taken. SooJi was in a daze through all this. She kept on replaying back to her nightmare. She couldn't get it out of her head.

SooJi-ah, don't worry, it's not gonna happen. It's just a nightmare. She kept on telling herself. When it was time to head to the venue, she was still scared. The people left and only SooJi was left sitting on her bed, wearing her wedding dress. She took a shaky breath and tried to calm herself.

The door opened and her family came in. SooJin looked like a princess in her bridesmaid gown. The adults looked prim and proper. They also looked as if they wanted to cry. Mrs. Han was the first one to crack.

"SooJi-ah!" She wailed, dashing towards her daughter to give her a hug. She hugged SooJi tightly and whispered, "I never thought I'd see you get married at 19. You look so pretty my daughter." Tears welled up in the mother's eyes and threatened to ruin her makeup.

SooJi pushed the nightmare out of her mind and tried to comfort her crying mother. "Umma, it's okay. Don't worry. I'll live. Right, appa?" She looked at her father who nodded and said, "Yeobo, our daughter is very strong. She's tougher than you think."

"See? Even appa thinks so." SooJi said, giving her mother a smile. Inside, though, she felt like sobbing as well. "Don't worry. I'll live."

"Umma, you shouldn't cry," SooJin chided. "You'll ruin your make up. Save it for later."

The family laughed and they all left the house and headed to the venue. During the ride, SooJi held her father's hand. He looked at her with sad eyes. "Appa, what with the sad eyes? I'm not gonna die." She joked.

"Aigoo, my little girl's getting married," he cooed. SooJi giggled. "I'm sorry for forcing this on you. I hope you can forgive me." he said, bowing his head.

SooJi gave him a smile and said, "There's nothing to forgive." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

When they arrived at the venue, SooJi looked around to see a lot of people, mostly her relatives and the Nam's family members. She felt her father squeeze her had and her mother gave her a smile from the other car while SooJin waved at them. The car door opened and Mr. Han got off. He smiled and offered her a hand. SooJi took a deep breath and took his hand.

The moment SooJi stepped out of the car, there was loud applause. Then the wedding march started to play. SooJin walked gracefully down the aisle and soon it was SooJi's turn to go down the aisle.

SooJi held her bouquet as if it was some sort of lifeline. The walk was slow and graceful. Halfway down the aisle, SooJi looked around to search for any familiar faces. She caught a glimpse of a girl and met eyes with her. SooJi stumbled and nearly fell. There was a loud gasp as she held her father's arm to prevent herself from falling.

She straightened up with her heart pounding in her chest. It can't be.

WooHyun looked worried and surprised as he watched his bride get up and continue to walk with grace and poise. He saw the shock and fear in her eyes although she kept a poker face. When they finally reached the altar, Mr. Han gave SooJi a hug and a kiss on the forehead. Some sniffling could be heard and SooJi glanced at her mother who was already wiping her tears with a handkerchief.

Mr. Han gave SooJi's hand to WooHyun and he accepted it with a gentle smile. They both stood in front of the altar and SooJi thought, It's going exactly like in the dream. Please don't let that happen.

"Are you ready for this?" WooHyun whispered as he searched SooJi's face. SooJi forced herself to look in his eyes as she said, "I am."

The wedding began. The priest began by saying, "We are gathered here to join two souls in marriage. Anyone who has any reason to object to the bonding of these two people, speak now or forever hold your peace."

He looked around and SooJi waited with baited breath. "If there are none, let us continue."

SooJi exhaled in relief and WooHyun looked at her curiously. She avoided his gaze and just focused on the vows. Soon, the priest was asking, "Do you, Nam WooHyun, accept Han SooJi as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," he replied giving SooJi a smile that made her heart skip a beat.

"Please say your vows," the priest said.

WooHyun took a deep breath and recited his vows, "I, Nam WooHyun, take you, Han SooJi, as my lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer of poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part."

People who see us now will think we actually love each other. Ha.SooJi thought sourly.

The priest turned to SooJi and she gulped. "Do you, Han SooJi, accept Nam WooHyun as your lawfully wedded husband?"

She took a deep breath and said, "I do."

"Please say your vows." He said.

Tears welled up in SooJi's eyes. She began, "I, Han SooJi, take you, Nam WooHyun, as my lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer of poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part."

A tear fell down her cheek. I thought I'd be saying this to someone I loved. A finger gently wiped it off. WooHyun looked into her eyes. I know those aren’t tears of joy.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Applause filled the place and the priest added, "You may now kiss the bride."

SooJi's eyes widened and WooHyun whispered, "I'm sorry" before putting his lips lightly on hers. He backed away and gazed at her with sad eyes.