A Spark of Jealousy (Part 1)

I (Adore) Despise You

SooJi’s POV

I was about to go to bed when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID: it was SoRi. I answered the call.

“Hello?” I said quietly.

“SooJi-ah, I heard you’re getting married,” SoRi said.

My jaw fell open. “Do… do the others know?” I asked nervously.

She laughed lightly and said, “No. Of  course not. They don’t even know who you truly are so no need to worry.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “So, why did you call?” I asked her.

“Well, HyunShik and I are the only ones who know. HyunShik is kinda upset that you didn’t bother to tell us,” she said, matter-of-factly. “I am too.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you,” I apologized. “It actually happened so fast. What can I do to make it up to you guys?”

“Oh, nothing much,” she told me. “Just go with us to a bar to have a drink. You can wear your usual disguise. We just want to congratulate you.”

“It’s not really something that you should congratulate me for,” I muttered. “But, okay, I’ll come.”

“Good. We’ll see you by the place where you hide your motorcycle,” she said. “Bye!”

The call ended and I went to get dressed. It has been quite a long time.

Author’s POV

SooJi ran out of the estate as quickly as she could. She slipped through the gates and ran to the garage where she hid her motorcycle. She saw that the two had already arrived.

“SooJi-ah!” SoRi came forward to give SooJi a hug. The two hugged and SooJi waved at HyunShik. He raised a hand in response.

“So where are we going now?” SooJi asked excitedly.

“It’s a new bar,” HyunShik replied. “Let’s go!”

We all rode our motorcycles and zoomed through the streets. We halted in front of the bar and we tried to enter past the bouncer. I was still 19 and underage [A/N: The legal age in Korea is 20, for those who don’t know.]. But HyunShik took care of that. He showed his ID and told the bouncer that we were together.

The bouncer looked hesitant at first but when HyunShik asked to talk to the owner (who was his cousin), he paled and immediately let us in. We entered the bar which was full of people and speakers were blasting out music.

“One martini,” HyunShik told the bartender.

“One Bronx, please,” SoRi requested.

“A Tom Collins for me,” SooJi said.

The bartender handed them the drinks and they went to sit down in a booth. They sat in silence until SoRi decided to break the silence.

“So, when’s the wedding?” she asked SooJi.

“In a few months, I guess,” SooJi answered gruffly.

“You don’t seem happy about it,” HyunShik commented.

SooJi shot him a look. “Who would be happy after being told that they’re going to be involved in an arranged marriage?” she snapped. She said ‘arranged marriage’ like it was some sort of contagious disease.

“Chill, boss. No need to get so worked up,” HyunShik said, trying to lighten the mood.

“Do you know who your future husband is?” SoRi asked, sounding curious. Even HyunShik looked at her expectantly.

“Yeah, I do,” SooJi answered quietly.

“Who?” HyunShik asked excitedly. SoRi elbowed him in the stomach. “Yah! It’s supposed to be a secret!” she scolded him.

“But it’s just us! It’s not like we’re going to tell!” HyunShik shot back.

While the two were bickering, SooJi looked around the bar. She looked at random people who were either sitting in booths or in the bar or dancing on the dance floor. A man sitting at the bar, surrounded by his friends, caught her eye. They were all laughing at an unknown joke. A girl approached him and started to flirt with him. SooJi realized who the man was.

“WooHyun-sshi?” she whispered shocked.

SoRi tapped her shoulder. “Where are you looking at?”

“Nothing,” she replied hurriedly. HyunShik noticed the shock and the disbelief in her voice.

“What were you looking at?” he asked. “Or is it a ‘who’?”

SooJi glared at him and said, “There’s no need for you to know.”

He held his hands up and said, “Fine. I won’t ask. Just tell us about your fiancé.”

SooJi clenched her fists and lowered her eyes. “He’s a bastard who flirts with random girls, spends his nights at bars and has no care about his image.”

The hostility in her voice shocked the two. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” HyunShik asked warily.

“If you want to meet him so much, he’s right over there by the bar,” SooJi told them angrily.

“Are you okay? Is something wrong?” SoRi asked worriedly.

“Nothing. I’m going home,” she said, avoiding their eyes. “Thanks for the drink. Bye.”

HyunShik glanced at the bar and tried to pinpoint the location where SooJi was staring at a few moments ago. He caught her arm. “Do you like him or something?”

“No. I won’t be so crazy to fall for such a ridiculous and worthless person,” she said quietly. HyunShik and SoRi glanced at each other. They followed her out of the bar.

But as she left the bar, she suddenly bumped into the girl and WooHyun. Hard. “Ow!” she yelped.

SooJi left without looking back and she jumped onto her motorcycle and headed home.  SooJi hadn’t seen that WooHyun had been pushing the girl away. He wanted to turn his back to all his old habits. He had even resolved to try to become a better person. So that when he marries SooJi, he’d be a better man. He had already fallen for SooJi’s charms.

~~~

A/N: Happy New Year!! We're so sorry for not updating that much during the first few days of 2012 (I was rushing my holiday homework ^_^)... We're back in school so we'll do our best to still update as often as possible. Please comment since it gives us inspiration and it really keeps us going forward. Thank you so much for your support!

Subscribers, saranghaeyo!!

~krystalline14