A New Home + The Bodyguard

I (Adore) Despise You

LED Apple - Time Is Up [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN7jzNPs37kAuthor’s POV]

Author's POV

Sooji woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed and recharged. She sat up and stretched her arms while letting out a big yawn. She looked around her room with the sunlight streaming through the curtains. Her eyes widened at the huge lump beside her. She pulled the covers of it and freaked out when she saw Woohyun sleeping peacefully. Her reflexes kicked in and she half-pushed half-kicked Woohyun off her bed. He rolled onto the floor before actually waking up.

“OWWWW!!!” he shot up.

Sooji scampered back to the bed and glanced at Woohyun. He rubbed his face and glared at her, “If any bones of mine break, I’ll make you pay.”

Sooji gulped but she managed her expression. “What were you doing on my bed?” she asked icily.

Woohyun shot her a look but explained, “You made me sleep on the floor. I’ve never slept on a floor my whole life, okay? I got up in the middle of the night because it was so uncomfortable. You were staying still on the right side of the bed. You didn’t seem like a person who moves a lot in their sleep so I took the left part of the bed.”

“Why couldn’t you just take it like a man and stay on the floor?” Sooji asked, trying to keep her voice even.

You try sleeping on the floor. I’d like to see how you handle it,” Woohyun said spitefully.

Sooji raised her hands up, “Fine. I’m going to apologize for pushing you off the bed.”

Woohyun smirked, happy that he won the argument. “Goo-“

Sooji cut him off, “If you apologize to me for sneaking onto my bed in the middle of the night.”

“W-w-what?! Why should I apologize?” Woohyun blubbered. “Me? I was innocently sleeping until you decide to push me off!”

“I was also innocently sleeping until you sneaked into my bed and I woke up with you by my side!” she retorted, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Woohyun glared at her and stalked off towards the door to the outside world. “I’m going to try and see if it’s open so I can get out of here. I’m going to go crazy if I stay in here any longer.”

He grasped the knob in his hand, turned it and, to his relief, it swung open. Suddenly, there were loud thuds and squeals. Both Woohyun and Sooji raised their eyebrows at the sight of Soojin and some of the maids sprawled on the floor. Soojin looked up at her older sister and immediately stood up. She cleared and said meekly, “Good morning.”

“You traitor!” Sooji growled, making Soojin flinch. “Why’d you lock us here? We had to sleep in this room! Together!”

Soojin ignored her older sister and spoke as if she was completely unaffected by the laser glares that were boring holes into her forehead, “Breakfast is ready. Woohyun oppa, I have some clothes for you.”

A maid stepped forward and offered Woohyun clothes. He gracefully accepted them and headed towards the shower in the guest room. A couple of maids followed him while the rest stayed behind.

Sooji glanced at them and requested for them to leave. The maids glanced at each other but left immediately after bowing to the two mistresses. The moment the door snapped shut, Sooji caught Soojin in a headlock and gave her a noogie.

“Unnie!” Soojin choked.

“Yah, don’t you dare try anything like that again! If you do, you’ll die! Arasso?!” Sooji snarled. Soojin was turning blue from her sister’s tight and deadly grip but nodded her head. Sooji let her go and Soojin stumbled and clutched her neck. She coughed and sent a scared look towards her sister’s direction and scurried away.

Sooji sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She plopped herself on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. I’ve been showing my other side too much lately. To Soojin and Woohyun. I need to regain my gentle and feminine image again. Starting today. She sat up and went to get ready.

~~~

The moment she entered the dining room, all pairs of eyes were on her. She blushed and went to give her parents a peck on the cheek. Her mother gave her a smile and patted her cheek, “You look nice today, Sooji-ah.”

“Thanks, umma, but this is casual clothing,” she said, feigning confusion.

“Really? You look nice in whatever you wear, unnie,” Soojin commented. Sooji gave her a small smile as she started to sit down beside Soojin but her appa cleared his throat and looked pointedly at the empty seat beside Woohyun.

Sooji raised an eyebrow (which was unnoticeable because of her bangs) but went to sit beside her husband. When she had finally settled down, her father started to say something about a new house but Sooji was confused. She nudged Woohyun with her elbow and whispered, “What did I miss?”

“Your parents are giving us a mansion as a wedding gift but, as your appa just explained, it’s not yet fully available,” he whispered back. Sooji nodded in understanding and focused on her dad’s words.

“So, you two should just stay in Woohyun’s apartment. At least, until the mansion is completed,” her mother finished for her dad. Sooji’s eyes widened and Woohyun choked on his water.

I’m going to live in Ahjusshi’s apartment?! That apartment?!

Being locked up with her in her room was bad enough but I have to live with her too? In my house?!

Their train of thoughts was broken by Sooji’s father informing them that they were supposed to meet someone today.

“What? Who?” Sooji asked, dazed.

“You two are supposed to meet your new bodyguard today,” Soojin repeated for her without looking up from her phone.

Mr. Han nodded, “Yes, bodyguard.”