Explaining feelings and all

Who are we searching for? (And who are they hiding from?)

“Sue! Open the door! Please! You don’t realize how important it is for me to find her!” Baekhyun sounded weak by now.

Sue pouted. She felt guilty for doing this to him. She had to lose one of her friends and she decided it can be him….maybe.

A while later the banging stopped and she could feel him sitting down leaning on the door.

“Do…” he started off, voice low “do you know why she did this?”

Sue kept mum.

“I…I really loved her, you know. I was really serious about her and…I was going to propose her next month. Those were the savings for our married life. It hurts me that she…played with me like that.”

“She didn’t play with you.” Sue interrupted finally.

“How do you know?” he asked, sounding hopeless.

“I just know that. She loves you.” Sue sat next to the door as well. She could feel his warmth from this side. “Do not doubt for even a second that what she had for you was fake.”

It was silent and Sue gently touched the door. She wasn’t sure why she did that.

“Sue…” Baekhyun spoke again “why have you been so distant to me?”

“Hmm?” Sue pretended to not hear because she just didn’t want to answer.

“I asked...why have you been so away from me? You have been in touch with Hana all this time but why did you ignore me?”

Sue thought. She could tell him now. Infact she must tell him now, for how long will she hide her feelings?

“It’s because you guys were dating.”

“What does that have to do with you and me?”

“I…I liked you.”

She could just imagine his parted mouth and curious eyes.

“What?”

“Yeah. Since we were little. When I got back and she met me, she told me that you guys were together since two years and I…I just knew that I had no chance. I didn’t want to come between you and if we had been in touch I think that would have been hard.”

“And just because of that you never—”

“It’s not just because. It means a lot to me Baekhyun. Even now as we’ve met after so long…I keep having these selfish thoughts that involve Hana not being a part of us. It’s difficult for me. Can’t you understand?”

“Do you like me that much?”

Sue was silent again. She didn’t know. Maybe she does like him that much.

“I guess. But I’m sure that Hana loves you more. She really does, believe me.”

“And so she tricked me and ran off.” There was sarcasm in his voice.

“I’m sure she had a reason. Instead of going around hunting her, why don’t you sit down and listen to her?” Sue advised him “would you try that?”

“I don’t know.”

“Do you trust me?”

“Are you asking this to the man you’ve locked up in a janitor’s room?” Baekhyun asked playfully and Sue chuckled.

“I’m sorry for that.” She said and got up, opening the door for him.

He stepped out and dusted his clothes, smiling at her.

“Listen…when we find her, please act cool and talk to her about it. Okay?” she asked and put her hand forward. Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes.

“All right, if you say so.” He clapped her hand and nodded “but not that easily.”

 

 

 


Double update because I'm happy :D