Drowning

Guardian Angel

A/N: Warning: This chapter contains a small amount of  dark material that may be sensitive subject to some of you. It is not my intention to offend you, I myself know how bad depression is because I have experienced it first hand. I apologize in advance and if you want to skip some of the parts in this chapter I please do. But please don't skip the whole chapter though because they are some really cute stuff in it that is essential to the story. ///As some of you may already know I had some personal stuff to take care of but now its all done Yay!! I have finally cleared my schedule and I'm able to update weekly like before, thank you for your patience. Anyways I want to take you all for  for reading,commenting and subscribing. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key laid in bed as listened to Onew sing to Jonghyun over the phone. He loved hearing Onew sing, every time he sang it made him feel warm and calm. But this time it was different, this time it felt bitter sweet to hear him sing. It saddened him and made him feel jealous that Onew wasn't singing for him, he was singing for Jonghyun. For the short time Key talked to Jonghyun over the phone, he could sense the sadness and the distress in his friend's voice. Key was mad that Jonghyun didn't confine in him, but he was mostly mad at himself for being selfish and jealous. Jonghyun was always there for him, and the only time Jonghyun needed something from him, he tried to take it away. He knew he shouldn't feel the way he did but he couldn't help it, he didn't want to share Onew with anyone. Key wanted to take the phone away from Onew and hang up, so he would no longer sing for Jonghyun. Key didn't want to hear Onew sing if it wasn't for him. He fought against his jealousy, covered his ears with his headphones and tried to go to sleep. 

"Are you mad?", Onew asked as he laid besides Key and wrapped his arms around him,"I may not be able to read your thoughts anymore, but I can still sense you a little bit.".

Key turned around and caressed Onew face as he then cuddled up to him and rested his head on the crook of Onew's neck."I'm not mad. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not being a good friend.".

"You're a wonderful friend and a good person.", Onew said as he hugged Key tighter.

Key sighed and smiled causing Onew to giggle, "What's so funny?", he asked.

"Nothing.", he smiled,"Just that when your breath hits my skin, it tickles."

"Really?", Key smirked as he started to let out small breaths all over his neck causing Onew to squirm in laughter. 

"S- s-st-stop.", Onew managed to say in between laughs.

Key stopped and looked up at Onew as he then kissed his forehead,"I'll stop only because we need to go to sleep, it's late.". Key then snuggled up to Onew as he slowly drifted into sleep. The next morning Key woke up with a smile on his face as he saw Onew sleeping peacefully beside him. He quietly got out of bed, as he tried not to wake him. Once in the kitchen he started to prepare some eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

"It's smells so good.", Onew walked into the kitchen.

"It's almost done, set the table.", Key said as he flip a pancake over.

Onew began to hum as he set the table, Key immediately joining him as he set the food on the table.

"It all looks so delicious.", Onew commented as he across from Key.

"Thank you.", key said as he served Onew his plate,"Eat all of it okay.".

Onew nodded as he began to eat,"You're the best cook ever.".

"Thank you.".Key blushed at the compliment."I was thinking  we could go to the museum, to go look at those painting you love so much.".

"Really?", Onew asked.

Key nodded and smiled, he was glad Onew was excited about going to the museum. Key had planned the whole day for them, he was eager to just spend the day with Onew, just the two of them. His heart sank when he heard the doorbell.

"It's Jonghyun.", Onew excitedly said as he got up to open the door.

Key sighed feeling a bit jealous of how excited Onew was to see Jonghyun. He tried not to think about it as he began to clear the table. Key immediately dropped the plates he held when he saw Onew walk into the kitchen holding Jonghyun's hand.

"Key are you alright?", Jonghyun asked.

"Let me help.", Onew said as he bent down to pick up the  broken plates.

"I'm fine.", Key forced himself to smile,"Don't touch anything Onew I'll pick it up.". He moved Onew aside and began picking up the small pieces of the shattered plates.

"I want to help.", Onew said as he continue to pick up the mess.

"I said don't touch anything!", Key yelled feeling a bit frustrated and consumed with jealousy.

"I-I'm sorry.",Onew said.

"I'm sure, Key didn't mean to yell at you.", Jonghyun said as he put his arm around Onew,"He just didn't want you to get hurt.".

Key sighed as he saw the sad expression on Onew's face,"I'm sorry Onew.", he said as he threw the broken plates away.

"It's okay.",Onew smiled as he rushed over to Key and gave him a hug.

Jonghyun cleared his throat,"Anyways I came to invite you two to the beach.".

"Actually me and Onew had plans to go to the museum.", Key stated.

"I think Onew, would want and appreciate going to the beach more.", Jonghyun stated,"Where do you want to go to Onew. The Beach or the museum?".

"They both sound like a lot of fun.", he smiled,"I'll go wherever the three of us would have more fun together.". 

"In the beach you'll have more fun.", Jonghyun said,"It's the best day to go to the beach the sun is shinning brightly, their is a nice breeze, what more do you need?".

"Maybe we don't want to get sunburned.", Key retorted.

"Key it's called sun screen.",Jonghyun replied.

"Key I want to feel the breeze.", Onew said,"Can we please go to the beach?".

Key sighed,"You two go together and have fun."

"Key why are you being like that?",Jonghyun sighed,"It won't be fun without you.".

Hearing Jonghyun say that made him feel more guilty than jealous. "I'm sorry Jonghyun. I'm just not really feeling like myself today.".

"It's okay.", Jonghyun smiled,"Now you two go get ready so we can pick up Minho.".

Key and Onew went upstairs to their bedroom. Key grabbed some swimming trunks and handed them over to Onew,"Wear this.".

Onew nodded and received them as he began to undress.

"Don't change in front of me!", Key said,"Go change over there.".

"Sorry.", Onew said as he walked into the restroom."Key do I need to wear underwear with this.".

"Yes please do, and don't change in front of anyone okay.", Key said as he began to change,"That is done alone and in private.".

"I won't change in front of anyone I promise.", Onew said as he came out of the restroom.

"Good.", Key replied as he packed himself and Onew some clothes,towels and beach essentials,"Let's go.".

"Key wait.", Onew said,"I hope you're not mad because I choose to go to the beach. It's just that I want to feel the breeze, I want to spread my wings and fly again.".

Key smiled and hugged Onew,"I'll make sure you get to fly today okay. Now lets go!".

                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

"All set?", Jonghyun asked.

"Almost.", Key responded as he put a pair of sunglasses on Onew,"All done.".

"Thank you.", Onew smiled.

Jonghyun chuckled,"Alright then lets go.". Jonghyun put Key's and Onew's stuff in the back, as he then started the car. On the way to Minho's place he blasted music as he and Key sang along. He was glad his friend was feeling happy again, as he looked at the rear view mirror he laughed as he saw Onew with his head out the window again. 

"I'll go get Minho.", he stated,"I'll be right back.". Jonghyun ran to Minho's door and knocked.

"Coming!", he heard Minho yell from the other side of the door.

"Good afternoon.", Jonghyun laughed as he saw Minho in his pajamas and  bed hair."Did I woke you.".

"Yes.", Minho answered as he yawned,"What are you doing here?".

"Hurry up get changed.", Jonghyun said as he walked into Minho's house"We are going to the beach.".

"Fine I'll go change, wait right here.", Minho said as he went up to his room.

Jonghyun sat down on the couch and took out his phone to text his mom."Thank you for letting me go out. I'll try to be back before dad gets home.".

"Have fun.", his mother replied.

"Ready.", Minho said.

"Alright lets go.", Jonghyun said as walked out of Minho's home.

"Jonghyun wait.", Minho said as he locke dhis house door,"I thought I told you not to tell anyone were I live. What are they doing here?".

"They're your friends, they don't care about where you live or how much money you have.", Jonghyun said.

Minho sighed,"If you say so.".

"Alright lets go to the beach.", Jonghyun said as he and Minho got into the car.

"Onew what are you doing?", Minho asked.

"Feeling the breeze,",Onew replied,"It feels like I'm flying!".

"He likes doing that.", Key laughed.

Minho laughed and took his head out of the window as well. Bringing it back in a few minutes later,"The breeze does feel nice.".

"We are here.", Jonghyun said as he parked the car.After the got their stuff out of the car they set up their spot. "Onew come here I want to show you something, I think you'll enjoy.", Jonghyun said as he grabbed Onew's hand.

"He can't go.", Key said grabbing Onew's other hand,"He hasn't put sun screen on.".

"Onew, come here I'll help you put some on.", Jonghyun offered.

"It's okay Jjong, I'm helping him.", Key stated.

"Actually I can do it on my own thank you.", Onew said as he puts some on.

"Key does it bug you that I hang out with Onew?", Jonghyun asked as he applied sunscreen on himself.

"No why would it bug me. Sorry if you got the wrong idea, I'm just a little stressed right now.", Key answered as he applied some sunscreen on himself,"Jjong do you need help getting your back?".

"Why are you stressed? And can you please get my back I'll get yours next.", he asked

"I'm just over thinking everything, please forgive me.", Key answered as he applied sunscreen on Jonghyun's back.

"It's okay.", Jonghyun smiled as he then started applying sunscreen on Key's back,"Onew do you need help reaching your back?".

"No.", Onew walked over to them,"Minho did it.".

"Okay then come I want to show you something.", Jonghyun grabbed Onew hand as he led him away from the others.

"What are we going to see?", he asked.

Jonghyun smiled as he stared at Onew his face full of wonder and excitement."We are here,", Jonghyun said as he bent down."Come close.".

Onew sat beside him and smiled as he picked up a small hermit crab,"This is amazing.".

"If we get a bit closer to the water, you may actually get to sea starfish.",Jonghyun informed him.

Onew let the small hermit crab go and walked close towards the shore,"Jonghyun,Jonghyun! I see one.".

Jonghyun smiled at how excited Onew was. He enjoyed spending time with Onew, every time he was with him it made him feel happy and good, it made him forget about everything. 

"Isn't it beautiful.", Onew commented as he stared at the starfish.

"Yes extremely beautiful.", Jonghyun blushed as he stared at Onew.

Onew sat down on the sand and started burying his feet,"Are you feeling any better?".

Jonghyun nodded and sat beside him,"Much better and it's all thanks to you.".

"Glad I was able to help.", Onew smiled as him.

Jonghyun smiled back at him, as he slowly leaned in to kiss him.

"Onew! Jonghyun! Where are you?", Key yelled.

"Key's calling us we should go.", Onew said quickly getting up.

Jonghyun took the hand Onew extended to him,"Thanks you go on ahead I'll catch up.".

Jonghyun sighed as he saw Onew run off. What were you thinking? How could you try and kiss him, he your friend, Jonghyun scolded himself as he kicked the sand.

"Are you okay Jjong?", Minho asked as he ran up to him.

"I'm fine.", he smiled,"Where are Key and Onew?".

"Up ahead, they are talking about hermit crabs and starfish.", Minho commented as he played with the volleyball in his hand,"Let's play some beach volleyball. I already set up the net.".

"Sure that'll be fun.", Jonghyun said. Key and Jonghyun formed a team against Minho and Onew as they then began to play.

                                 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Taemin was walking on the beach shore by himself. He ran away from home that afternoon, he was feeling a bit depress and unloved. Taemin felt like he was his parents trophy instead of their child. They always bragged to family and friends about how great he was playing the piano, how great his grades were and how he was such an obedient perfect son. But behind close doors his life was hell. His mother and father always yelled at him, if he wasn't studying or playing the piano. He was never allowed to bring friends over,he wasn't allowed to see T.V. for more than thirty minutes a week. Every weekend when his parents went out for date night, he was forced to stay home and study. He felt like a caged bird, the constant pressure of not messing up and trying to be perfect took a toll on him. Playing the piano was one of the things that brought him joy, but not anymore, his parents ruined that for him. Taemin grew tired of following his parents schedule, he wanted to be like the other boys his age. He wanted to go out and have fun, he wanted to experience being in love for the first time. That morning fed up with his whole situation he decided to talk to his parents, he wanted to tell them how he felt, but all they did was ignore him and sent him up to his room to study.Realizing his parents and his situation will never change he decided to runaway instead of going to school.

As Taemin walked along the shore he began to cry the emotional pain he was feeling was unbearable, he no longer wanted to live. Taemin started to walk into the water with the intention of committing suicide. As he walked in deeper he felt some seaweed wrap around his legs, but he didn't care he just kept on walking. He finally got to the point where his feet no longer touched the sand and he began to drown. As he drown and gasped for air he regretted his decision, he tried to swim but the seed weed that wrapped around his legs prevented him from moving. Taemin grew scared and gasped for air every time he could, as his lungs slowly started filling up with water.

                                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

 "Onew and I need to go to the restroom, we'll be right back.", Key said as he grabbed Onew's hand and led him away from the group.

"Hurry back I really want to beat Minho.", Jonghyun said.

"We'll try.", Key said as he picked up the pace.

"Do you really need to go to the restroom?", Onew asked as he looked back towards the opposite direction,"The restrooms are that way.".

"We aren't going to the restroom Onew.", Key informed him,"We are going to the other side of the beach so you can spread your wings and fly, without no one noticing you.".

Onew smiled as he began to walked faster, he really missed flying and seeing his wings. He wanted to feel the air again.

Key looked around, "This is perfect is completely empty. Are you ready?".

Onew smiled and hugged Key as he gave him a kiss on the cheek,"Thank you Key." Onew then made his wings appear and spread them. Feeling the sun rays touch his wings made him happy, it felt warm and right. 

"Stay were I can see you. Don't go to far.", Key said.

Onew nodded as he began to move his wings as he finally took off into the air. At first he flew around Key but then he ventured out a bit further, still making sure Key could see him. As he flew over the water he touched the water with his fingertips causing him to giggle with joy. As he flew over the water he noticed a lot of splashing and a guardian angel in a panic. The guardian angel flew quickly towards Onew.

"Please you got to help me. Taemin is drowning and I can't safe him.", the angel said as he flew back.

Onew quickly flew a bit lower and followed the angel towards the splash.

"Please get him out of the water.", the angel begged.

Onew grabbed both of Taemin's hand and pulled him out, as he then flew him over to the shore.

"You're and angel.", Taemin smiled as he then spit out some water and fainted in Onew's arms.

"Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay?", Taemin's angel asked.

Onew checked for a pulse and if he was was still breathing,"He is alive, he's still breathing and has a pulse. I think he fainted due to the shock.".

Taemin's angel smiled,"Thank you so much for saving him. You don't know how much this means to me.".

"You welcome.", Onew smiled,"How did he start to drown?".

Taemin's angel looked down,"He tried to commit suicide, I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen to me. My Taemin is a bit depress and lonely, he is always trying to please his parents, that he really doesn't take care of himself. He feels very much unloved".

Onew began to tear up,"I want to help him, would you allow me to?".

"Of course!", his angel smiled,"I was just about to ask for your help. As you know I am limited in what I can do. Thank you so much.".

"Key is coming I can sense him, he should know what to do.", Onew commented.

"Key is your human I'm assuming.", the angel said.

Onew nodded with a smile.

"I'm Kai what's your name?", Taemin angel asked.

"Well I always thought my name was Onew, but apparently is also Lee Jinki.", he answered,"At least that what my medallion says.".

"That's odd I only have one name in my medallion.", he commented,"Maybe having to names has something to do with why your all squishy.".

"Maybe I don't know I haven't got around in to investigating the matter.", Onew replied as he hid his wings.

"Well since your helping Taemin, let me help you in figuring this all out.", Kai smiled.

"You would do that?", Onew asked with a smiled.

"Would do what?", Key asked as he appeared immediately running to Taemin,"Who is this? What happened to him?".

Kai smiled and nodded as he rushed over to Taemin side.

"His name is Taemin, he was drowning and I saved him.", Onew responded," His angel said he is abit depress. He is okay right?".

Key sighed with relieve,"He's alive, I'll call the ambulance.".

"Please don't!", Taemin said as he grabbed Key's arms,"I'm okay please don't call the ambulance.".

"How can you be okay? You were drowning, can you even sit up?", Key asked.

Taemin sat down, "I'm okay, I'm just a little cold. Please don't call the ambulance my parents will find me.".

Key sighed and looked at Onew,"What should we do?".

"You're an angel, please convince him. Tell him not to call the ambulance.", Taemin begged.

"You know?", Key said as he stumbled down into the ground from the shock. Onew immediately caught him.

"I won't tell anyone I swear.", Taemin promised,"he saved my live I won't do anything that would endanger him.".

Key sighed,"You promise!".

"I promise, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here. I owe him my life.", Taemin said.

"Okay, how did you even drowned in the first place?", Key asked.

Taemin looked down and began to cry,"I tried to commit suicide. I regretted it immediately right after but I got tangled in some seaweed and couldn't swim.".

"Why would you do that?", Key said as he began to cry and embraced Taemin in a hug,"Are you okay? What led you to that?".

"I was feeling depress I wasn't thinking straight.", Taemin said as he cried into Key's shoulder,"I'll go get some help but please don't call the ambulance. Seeing an angel changed my life, it gave me hope. It made me feel that someone is out there watching over me.".

"Key he is being honest.", Onew commented as he sat near them,"His angel told me so.".

"I have an angel?", Taemin asked in between tears

"Tell him that I love him.", Kai said.

Onew nodded with a smile,"He says he loves you very much.".

Key smiled,"I won't call the ambulance but promise me you going to get some help.".

Taemin cried for about an hour in Key's arms as Key consoled him."I promised I'll get help.", Taemin smiled as he wiped his tears away,"Thank you both.".

"Come on. Let us take you home.", Key said as he help Taemin up.

Taemin put his arms around both Onew and Key to steady himself.

"Thank you so much.",Kai whispered into Onew ear.

Onew smiled and nodded,"It's my pleasure to help him.".

"What?", Key asked.

"Sorry I was talking to his angel.", Onew replied.

Taemin smiled and nodded as they almost reached where Minho and Jonghyun where.

"Taemin?", Jonghyun said as he ran up to them,"Are you okay? What happened to you?".

"I'm fine.", Taemin looked down.

"How do you know him?", Key asked.

"He's in the school band, he is like a prodigy with the piano.", Jonghyun commented.

"Here's a towel you.", Minho said as he wrapped it around Taemin,"You seemed like you were cold.".

"Thank you.", Taemin blushed.

"Why aren't you at school?", Jonghyun asked.

"I didn't feel like going.", he replied as he sat down in one of the beach towels,"Why aren't you guys at school?".

"We got suspended.", Minho sighed.

"Can we take Taemin home, right Jonghyun.",Key said.

"It okay with me.", Jonghyun smiled,"Do you want to go now.".

"No!", Taemin shook his hand,"If you don't mind I want to stay a bit longer and have fun with you guys.".

"Are you sure you're up for it?", Key asked.

"I feel much better thanks to the both of you.",Taemin said with a smile as he stood,"I want to have fun for once, I want to enjoy live.".

They all headed a little futher down the beach to start to build a sand castle. Onew stayed a bit behind to talk to Kai, Taemin's guardian angel.

"Taemin has never been this happy, I can sense it.", Kai commented, "Seeing you and angel gave him some hope, and I can't thank you enough for that. I'll figure out everything I can about your medallion".

Onew smiled,"Thank you so much.".

"Go on.", Kai smiled,"Go build a sand castle with your friends.".

Onew caught up to them and sat besides Key as he joined in the sand castle building.

                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed chapter 7 please leave a comment.It would mean a lot to me, reading your comments gets me inspired to write some more.  Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors...Anyways see you all in chapter 9