Starting Over

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you for reading,and commenting I really appreciate it. Sorry for the late update, please forgive me for any spelling/grammar mistakes I think I missed a few. Anyways it's up on Tuesday just like I promise so please enjoy this chapter... 

                                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Onew flew higher and higher; he felt free, unrestricted, unbothered by his unpleasant guilty thoughts. He flew sunward through sun split clouds; topping wind swept heights effortlessly. Onew looked down at the city, it was small and distant from his view; he now knew he didn't belong living among them. He knew his place was next to Key out of his squishy body as his angel. He flew endlessly for hours as he tried to figure out how he could get rid of his squishy body; the only thing that came to his mind was his medallion. Unlike Max's, Kai's and Amber's medallion his had two names on it; his human name and his angel name. Onew thought that if he could somehow get rid of his human name in his medallion; he would not longer be bound to his squishy body and everything would go back to the way it was. He moved his wings in a swift motion creating gust along the way as he happily flew towards Jonghyun's home. Onew was positive that his plan would work; he couldn't wait to be by Key's side again as his angel. By the time he got to Jonghyun's house it was already dark out.

"Jinki where have you been?", Jonghyun asked him; embracing him immediately. 

Onew smiled and hugged him back with both his arms and wings; giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"I thought you ran away for good.", Jonghyun began to silently weep.

He wiped away his tears and smiled,"No, I just needed to clear my mind. I'm sorry if I scared you.".

"It's fine I'm just really glad you're here.".

"Where's Key? Is he still mad?", he asked as he broke the hug; making his wings disappear.

"Seeing us kissing wasn't easy for him.", Jonghyun informed him,"He told me to take care of you and left.".

"Don't lie to me Jonghyun. Key wasn't feeling well at all and you two were rather close for a long time,", he said,"if he said something I want to know. I'm his guardian angel and I want to help him especially if I'm the one who caused him pain.". 

"I know you mean well but you should just leave him alone.", Jonghyun suggested,"I think he needs some time to gather his thoughts. Soon enough he will feel better, and when that time comes you should speak to him.".

"I'm his guardian angel and I'm going to remain by his side. I don't care if he is mad at me and doesn't want to talk to me.", he stated.

"Are you going to go see him now? Don't you think it's better if you see him at school.".

"I'm not going to go see him right now.", he answered remembering the medallion.

"If there is anything I can do to help you two talk to each other let me know.", he said.

Onew smiled; he was certain that his plan would work and he would no longer be in his squishy body once the morning arrived. Onew really cared and liked Jonghyun; he wanted to properly say goodbye to him before Jonghyun would no longer be able to see him. "That isn't necessary. Jonghyun thank you for always being so kind to me. I really had a lot of fun today and I would never forget everything you have done for me.". 

"I thought that you weren't leaving. Why does it sound like you are saying goodbye.", he said.

"I just wanted to thank you that's all.", he hugged him tightly; taking in his scent to remember him."I'm going to go to my room now, I'll see you tomorrow morning.".

"Aren't you hungry? Your dinner is waiting for you in the kitchen.".

Onew smiled breaking the hug,"I want dinner.", he said as he practically ran into the kitchen. He slowly and happily ate his food savoring each bite of what he thought would be his last meal.

"Wow you were really hungry.", Jonghyun commented.

"I would never forget this meal.", he said,"I'm so glad we had chicken for dinner.".

"I just thought it would be a good way to end our date.", he commented.

"Well it was a great idea, if it was possible I'll have chicken for every meal.", he said as he finished his food,"Jonghyun this was the best date I had ever been on.".

"It was your first and only date.", Jonghyun laughed. "I think it could have gone a little better, I imagined a bit of a different ending to our date. Maybe our next date would end a bit differently.".

"I'm positive it will end differently.", he answered not bothering to say it was their last night seeing each other. "I'm going to go finish my homework.".

"You can do your homework in my room.", Jonghyun suggested,"Since I know you don't like being alone.".

"I'm okay, I'll see you tomorrow morning.",Onew said as he put his plate away,"Have a goodnight.".

"Goodnight.", Jonghyun answered.

He quickly made his way to his room and locked himself in. Onew was excited that he would soon be able to be next to Key. He immediately went through his luggage as he searched for his medallion; once he found it he flipped it over to where it said Jinki and softly traced it over with his finger, saying goodbye to his human body. Onew looked  for a sharp object that he could use around the room; unable to find one he went outside and grabbed the sharpest rock he could find. He began scrapping his medallion with the rock hoping that he would be able to remove the name. As much as he tried he was only able to cause a few scratches on his medallion. Onew became desperate he placed his medallion on the cement floor; grabbing the biggest rock he could find and dropping it on his medallion several times. On his twentieth attempt of trying  to destroy his medallion it began to glow, he immediately picked it up. Onew noticed that right under the name Jinki the date December 14 appeared. He knew it was the same date that was on the fake birth certificate he gave Jonghyun's father.

He didn't know why it appeared on his medallion but he knew the date was soon approaching. Onew when back to his bedroom and started to pack his bags. Even though he was unable to return to his angel form, Onew knew he had to go back with Kibum. He wanted to guide him, protect him; he just wanted to be his angel again. After he finished packing all his stuff he went outside and flew straight to Key's home. He set his luggage down as he then stared at Key sleep through the balcony door; deciding not to go in, since he didn't want to disturb him. He took out his wings to shield himself from the cold as he laid down to sleep. 

                                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Key pouted as he heard his cell phone buzzing; he ignored it and covered himself up with a blanket to block the morning sun. He became annoyed when his cell phone continued to buzz; he reached over to his nightstand and grabbed it. He sat up when he saw Jonghyun name on his cell phone screen. "There is still some time before school starts. If you and Onew were going to skip again I don't care just let me sleep.".

"Key, Onew is gone. None of his stuff is here he completely disappeared.", he said in a shaky voice.

"What do you mean he disappeared?", Key yelled,"Jonghyun I trusted you, you were suppose to take care of him.".

"Key please calm down. I've been looking for him everywhere.", Jonghyun said,"He was acting a bit different last night, but I never imagined that he would leave.". 

"What do you mean by different?", Key asked as he tried to hold back his tears."What did he say?". Key was beyond worried, just imagining Onew out there by himself frightened him. He didn't want anyone to take advantage of his innocence and kindness.

"He didn't want to sleep with me last night, like he usually did, and.", Jonghyun manage to say before Key interrupted him. 

Key felt a bit jealous,"I don't want to hear it.", he yelled as he got out of bed,"Lets stop wasting time. I'll change and I'll call you when you can pick me up, In the mean time keep looking for him.".

"Bye.", Jonghyun said before hanging up.

Key began to cry; he open his closet door and grabbed his clothes for the day as he then began to change. He hoped that Onew hadn't went to far and that they would be able to find him. Just when he was about to call Jonghyun and leave he noticed a shadowy figure on his balcony. As he slowly approached his balcony he noticed that the shadow displaying on his balcony doors belonged to Onew. He got his cell phone out and texted Jonghyun,"Found him! He is safe with me, I'll call you to let you know when you can pick us up.". As soon as the message sent he threw his phone onto the bed and went outside. Onew's body shivered as his feathers slightly moved along against the cold morning autumn wind. Key knelt down beside him slowly running his fingers through his hair,"Onew wake up.", he whispered into his ear.

Onew squinted adjusting his eyes to the sunlight.

Key felt a sense of relief just by having Onew by his side,"Why did you spend the night out here?".

Onew smiled; immediately causing Key to fall over as he embrace him, nuzzling closer and closer to him,"I'm really sorry Kibum. I promise that I won't leave you alone ever again.".

Key tried to hug him back but his wings were in the way,"I'm just glad you're safe. But why did you ran away from Jonghyun? That was a very unsafe thing to do.".

Onew immediately got off him and sat down; covering his entire body with his wings,"I'm very sorry Key. I didn't mean to scare you or Jonghyun.".

"Well you did.", Key sat back down as he scolded him,"Jonghyun called me scared he had been looking for you like crazy. You shouldn't have done that to him.".

"I know and I'm sorry . I wasn't thinking straight, I just wanted to come back home.".

"Onew this isn't your home anymore. Your home is with Jonghyun now, you shouldn't have come here.", Key informed him.

"No! I belong here with you I'm your guardian angel, not Jonghyun's.", he yelled.

"You are my guardian angel and you can still protect me, but Jonghyun is your boyfriend. I don't think he is happy that you ran away from him to be here with me.".

"Jonghyun isn't my boyfriend.", he yelled,"I don't even want a boyfriend, I just want to be with you.".

"Well you can't be here with me.", he yelled."Uncover yourself and look at me when I am talking to you.".

Onew made his wings disappear as he then directly stared at Key with tears running down his face,"I'm still your angel even if I am in this squishy body. You are not going to get rid of me, I am not something that you can give away. I'm going to remain by your side forever whether you like it or not. Even if I have to sleep on this balcony every single day.".

"I know you are still my angel but you are also human.", Key stated as he pulled Onew into his room; closing the balcony doors. "I really want you to be happy, you don't have to be with me just because you feel obligated to.I know that you and Jonghyun like each other and I don't want to get in your way.".

"I don't feel obligated to do anything, I genuinely want to be with you.", he informed him."I don't want to be in my squishy body anymore, I don't want to be human.".

Key felt guilty knowing he was to blame for giving Onew his human body; if he had never made that wish Onew wouldn't be suffering.

"I really enjoy being with all of you, but I really can't handle being this way. I sometimes don't understand why my body feels a certain way and I clearly don't understand my own feelings.", he said,"All I know is that I've been very selfish. I've been to focus on trying to be human and experiencing things I never done before that I failed you as your angel. I don't know what you and Jonghyun talked about yesterday but you aren't getting in the way of anything, I just want to do what I'm good at. I want to be by your side so I can guide you and protect you.".

Key smiled and nodded,"Fine but you have to sleep at Jonghyun's house tonight I can't let you sleep in the balcony. Tomorrow you can come sleep here again since my parents are leaving in the afternoon.".

Onew smiled giving Key a kiss on the forehead and hugging him tightly.

Key broke the hug and smile,"Go get ready for school, Jonghyun is going to get here any minute now.".

As soon as Onew went into the bathroom to take a shower Key went down into the kitchen and grabbed a few cereal bars to bring to him.

"Where are you taking those to?", his mother asked.

"To put them in my book bag, I want a snack for lunch.", he lied as he ran upstairs and locked him bedroom door.

"Are those for me?", Onew asked.

"Yes and eat all of them, since you wont be able to eat a complete breakfast today.", Key said as he grabbed a towel,"Once you're done eating leave through the balcony and wait for Jonghyun downstairs.". 

"Thank you.", he said as he began to eat.

Key took a quick shower and changed as he then headed downstairs.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast?", his mother asked.

"I am.", he answered as he walked into the kitchen and drank a cup of milk,"I really need to go now.Bye.". When he exited the house he saw Onew get in the back seat of Jonghyun's car. He quickly got in the passengers seat next to Jonghyun so they wouldn't arrive late.

"I'm really sorry that I scared you Jonghyun, I'm never doing something like that again.".

"It's fine I'm just glad nothing happened to you.", Jonghyun answered as he drove.

"I want to apologize to you too, I shouldn't have yelled at you.", Key said.

"It's okay I completely understand I would have done the same thing.", he said as he parked the car. "I need to turn in my school work, I'll see you two later.", Jonghyun locked his car doors and left. 

"Let's go turn in your homework.", Key said as they walked to their first class together.

"Hi Onew, I'm really glad to see your back.", Luna said as key and Onew entered the classroom.

"I really glad to see you too.", Onew said as he left his work in the  teacher desk." I really need a huge favor from you.".

"Whatever you need if I'm able to do it I will.", Luna said as she twirled her hair with her finger.

Key rolled his eyes in annoyance he really hated seeing anyone flirt with Onew. He knew Onew didn't want a relationship with him or anyone for that matter but he couldn't help feeling jealous.

"Can we please switch seats? I really want to sit by Key.".

"Sure.", she smiled as she grabbed her book bag and went to Onew previous seat.

"Why do you want to seat next to me?", Key asked as he sat down at his desk. 

"Because I want to be close to you. Does it bother you that I'm sitting next to you?".he asked as he sat down.

 "No, you can do whatever you want.". Key was really happy and excited to have Onew next to him, but he tried his best to hide it. He knew Onew was having a though time and he didn't want to confuse him. In every single one of their classes Onew sat beside him; he followed him everywhere that day. Onew even skipped lunch to be in the library with him. Key was beyond happy he was really enjoying having Onew to himself; it made him feel loved especial and not so lonely."You should have stay with Jonghyun and Taemin at band practice, you could have kept Minho company while he waited.", Key said as Onew walked him home.

"They're fine, they don't need me.", Onew happily skipped.

"I think Jonghyun is going to be upset you didn't wait for him.".

"Jonghyun is very nice, he'll understand. Besides its better if I start creating some distance between him and I. He really likes me and I don't want to have a relationship with him or anyone, I just want to focus on being your angel.", he smiled,"Maybe that way I could get rid of my squishy body and be with you forever the way I'm suppose to be.".

"Do you really not want to be here anymore?", Key asked feeling a bit sad,"If you get rid of your human body I won't be able to talk to you anymore.".

"We will still be able to talk, you just wont be able to hear me.", Onew put his arm around him and rested his head on Key's shoulder.

Key felt really sad just the thought of not having Onew around broke his heart.

"Don't be sad. To be honest I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get rid of my squishy body. But if that day does happen I don't want you to feel sad or lonely, I will always be with you even if you won't be able to see me.", he smiled,"Besides you will never be alone you have Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin.".

"It won't be the same though, I love you and I want to have you around forever.", he confessed.

"You say that now, but when you get married, you are not going to want to have me around in this form trust me.", Onew laughed."I really hate seeing you all pouty and sad. Come on smile for me or I'm going to be forced to tickle you.", Onew said as leaned closer and began to poke him.

Key wanted to tell Onew that he wanted to marry him and be around him forever, but he could tell that Onew really didn't want to be human form anymore; so he decided to stay quiet. Even though he was feeling down , he couldn't help but smile when he stared at Onew's happy cheerful face. 

"Seeing you happy and smiling is the greatest gift anyone can ever give me.", Onew said as he gave him a quick hug.

"Do you want to go get something to eat?", Key invited him.

"Yes please and I'm very hungry.", he answered as he rubbed his belly.

Even if Onew didn't know it, Key was considering this their first date,"We're going to have a great time today trust me.".

                                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"My mom is already here for me.", Taemin pouted,"I'm really upset that we won't be able to be together again today.".

"It's okay I understand , I'm not going to hold anything against you.", Minho answered.

"That's why you are the best boyfriend in the world.", Taemin blushed as he gave him a quick kiss on the lips,"Bye Minho, Bye Jonghyun I'll see you guys tomorrow.".

"Bye.", Jonghyun said as he waved.

Minho waved as well then sighed as he sat down in a nearby bench,"I feel like I wasted my whole day today.".

"I didn't know seeing us practice brought you so much torture.", Jonghyun said as he sat down.

"It isn't that, I really enjoyed hearing both of you play.", Minho commented,"To be honest i feel like I'm wasting my time being in a relationship.".

"Why do you say that?", Jonghyun asked,"I just found out you two are an item and you already want to break it off, that's a little to soon don't you think.".

"We just have to many things going against us.", he informed him,"I really do like Taemin but I know our relationship isn't going to last long. Just knowing that fact makes me not want to get to attached to him.". Minho was feeling a little down, he really felt like spending time with Taemin today but just like yesterday Taemin's mom got in the way.

"I have no idea what you two have going against you, but if you two like each other isn't it worth fighting for.", Jonghyun stated.

"You're right, Taemin is risking a lot for me I should try to do the same.".

"To be completely honest with you, I think you're just trying to push Taemin away.", Jonghyun said,"Since we met I noticed you really don't let people get to close to you, and I don't think it has to deal with the issue of not having money like you tend to say.".

"Am I really like that?", Minho asked.

"Yes, just now you were trying to come up with excuses to break up with Taemin.", Jonghyun said,"You need to let your guard down a bit, let people know the real Minho.".

"Are you saying that you feel like you don't really know me.".

"I feel like I only know twenty five percent of Minho.", he confessed,"You need to break down the wall you built and let people get close to you. I'm not going to lie you are definitely going to get hurt but you will also have a ton of fun.".

"Fine lets go do something.", Minho said,"I don't really feel like going home.".

"Maybe another day, I want to go see if Onew made it to my house safely.".

"You're over here judging me about how I live my life, when you live yours around Onew.", Minho stated,"He left with Key I'm sure he is safe.".

"I am constantly thinking of him aren't I?", Jonghyun asked as Minho nodded his head,"Fine lets go do something fun.".

Minho smiled,"Do you have anything in mind?".

"No do you?".

"If I did I wouldn't have asked you.", Minho laughed,"So how did your date with Onew go.".

"I thought you were suppose to help me not think about him.", Jonghyun answered.

"I know but I'm just curious, since you seem more attached to him than usual.", Minho said,"You didn't stop talking about him during lunch.".

"The date was amazing we got really close to one another, he even said that we could definitely go on another date.", he sighed,"But now he seems more attached to Key than before. I really wish me and Key didn't like the same person.".

"You can't help who you fall in love with.", Minho said,"I'm sure everything will work out in the end.".

"I hope so, you know the funny thing is that I actually hated Onew when I first met him.".

"You did?".

"Yes I was jealous of the relationship he had with Key, I felt like he was taking my place.", Jonghyun confessed. 

"Are you sure you aren't getting your feelings confused? Maybe you don't really like Onew maybe the one you actually like is Key.", Minho said.

"No! I like Onew, Kibum is just my best friend. What made you think that?", he asked.

"No reason in particular, just the comment you made about feeling like Onew took your place, I just found it a bit odd.", Minho confessed,"But I wouldn't know much about that I never really had friends.".

"Well you have friends now, and since your boyfriend can't be with you today,", Jonghyun smiled,"your stuck with me.".

"I don't mind being stuck with you. You're good company.", Minho smiled as he stood up,"Let's go bowling.".

"I've never been bowling before, i really don't know how.", Jonghyun said,"I won't be much competition for you.".

"It's okay I'll teach you is very simple. Besides we can put the bumpers up in your turn.", Minho tried to convince him. He really felt upset that he wasn't able to spend that much time with Taemin today; he had finished his homework while they were in band practice hoping to spend the whole afternoon with him,"Please come bowling with me Jonghyun I have nothing to do.".

"Fine I'll go. I can use a good distraction.", Jonghyun said as he took out his car keys,"You can't make fun of me though.".

"I won't I promise.", Minho said as they walked towards Jonghyun's car. 

                                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter, I hoped you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them. See you all in the next chapter...