Figuring Things Out

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you all for reading, subscribing  and enjoying my story... I hope you enjoy this chapter, also sorry for any errors I may have missed. My bad habit of typing at night hasn't left me...

                                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I'm not leaving with Jonghyun! You can't make me!", Onew yelled.

Jonghyun could tell Onew was distraught; he was no longer glowing. The usually permanent smiled on his face was gone; his hands tightly clenched into a fist. He was shocked to see the angel act this way; the last time he saw him like this, was when they got in a fight at school. But this time it was slightly different, he felt like he was seeing a couple fight. Pain and jealousy resonated within Jonghyun.

"I don't want you to leave either,", Key tried grabbing Onew's hands but he pulled them away. "but you can't stay here.".  

Onew knelt down before Key; hugging his legs,"Please let me stay. If you don't want me to go let me stay.".

It hurt Jonghyun to see Onew like this, it pained him to know that he didn't want to come with him. Unable to keep watching the scene in front of him, he decided to leave."Key we're going to head out. If you need anything please let me know.".

"Thank you all for coming.",  he smiled at them,"Jonghyun, please come and pick up Onew tomorrow at noon.".

"I'm not leaving!", Onew yelled as he stormed off.

Jonghyun was about to go after him, but he stopped himself. He knew that the person who Onew needed right now wasn't him, but Key. Even if Onew wanted to be with him, he knew he wouldn't be much help; right now he couldn't even help himself. The calmness and relief he felt when he was in Onew arms; was starting to wear off. The whole situation with his mother, finding out the guy he liked was an angel, who was extremely attached to his best friend; was enough to make him physically and mentally exhausted. "I'll be here.", he assured his friend.

"Thank you, I know I can always count on you.", Key said embracing Jonghyun in a hug. "Minho, Taemin thank you. I'm so sorry that everything ended up like this.".

"Key try to explain things to Onew, don't just simply push him away.", Taemin commented,"He doesn't understand what's going on.".

"Taemin is right, by pushing him away you're just making him feel unloved.", Minho added,"Go easy on him.".

"This is hard for me too you know. It's the first time I'm going to be away from him for such a long time. I know the way I'm doing things isn't the correct way, but I feel trapped and frustrated. I want to make this as painless as possible, but I don't know how.", Key confessed,"I don't know what I'm going to do without him, I'm scared.".

Jonghyun tightly embrace his best friend,"Don't be scared, you can call him every night. You can come over to my house at whatever time you want. Besides you are also going to see him at school, you have all the same classes." Jonghyun cupped his friends cheeks with his hands as they made eye contact,"And when you can't be there, I'll protect him and take really good care of him. I won't let anything happen to him.".

"I know I can always count on you, Jonghyun.", he smiled,"I know I can count on all of you.".

"Now go enjoy your last night with him, he needs you.", he hugged Key once more.

"I'll see you tomorrow.", Key gave Jonghyun a kiss on the cheek.

Minho and Taemin hugged Key goodbye before the exited the house with Jonghyun.

"Are sure you don't want me to drop you off at home?", Jonghyun asked Taemin as he unlocked his car doors.

"I'm positive.", Taemin replied as he got on the back seat of the car. 

"Taemin I don't want you to get in trouble. We can hang out tomorrow.", Minho stated as he got into the passengers seat.

"I'm not going to get in trouble.", he stated,"Everything is fine.".

"I really wished everything was fine.", Jonghyun commented as he drove towards Minho's house. He was upset that he couldn't be with Onew, he was upset that when he got home his mother would no longer be there.

"So are you finally going to tell us what's wrong?", Minho asked,"You usually aren't this pessimistic.".

"My mom and dad are getting a divorce.", he informed them."My mom left home today, and well it's not everyday that you find out that one of your friend is actually an angel. I'm just mentally exhausted.".

"I'm sorry. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.", Minho said,"You were there for me, and I want to be there for you. You can count on me.".

"You can count on me as well.", Taemin added.

"Thank you both.", Jonghyun said as he parked the car,"Just knowing I have your support is enough.".

"You are more than welcome to stay with us.", Minho offered.

"Thanks but I just want to go home.", he answered.

"Jonghyun, I wouldn't worried to much Onew.", Minho said,"I'm sure he doesn't mind being with you, he just has an out of this world attachment to Key. I think you still have a chance with him.".

"How did you knew that I had feelings for Onew?", he asked.

"I could tell it was pretty obvious.",Minho answered.

"Not that obvious, I had no idea until now.", Taemin commented.

"Please don't tell Key,and especially not Onew.", Jonghyun said."I just need to think things through.".

"We won't say a word.", Taemin promised.

"Thanks for the ride.", Minho said as he and Taemin got out of the car,"Are you sure you don't want to stay.".

"I'm positive, have fun you two.", Jonghyun waved goodbye before he drove off. The car ride home was very silent , he didn't feel like listening to music. Jonghyun sighed he knew Minho was right, Onew had an out of this world attachment to Key, an attachment that he would never have with him. When he arrived home he noticed his mother's car was still there; he quickly parked his car and went running inside. "Mom? Mom?".

"It's about time you got home.", Jonghyun's mother embraced him.

Jonghyun hugged her back and began to cry,"I'm so glad you didn't leave.".

"I couldn't leave without seeing that you got home safely.", she rubbed his back.

"So you're still leaving?".

"Unfortunately yes.", she answered.

"You can't leave I need you now more than ever.".

"What's the matter sweetie?",she asked.

"I really like someone but they're in love with Key.", he decided to confide in his mother,"What do I do? I don't want to end my friendship with Key, but I also can't stop myself from falling more and more in love with him.".

"Does Kibum also like him?".

"I think so. They have this connection that I will never have with him. I'm just so confused he always tells me he loves me, we even kissed twice, but I don't think I can compete with their connection.".

"Having a connection with someone, doesn't always mean is a love connection; maybe they just have a very good friendship.", she stated,"He kissed you and told you he loved you without having this connection you're talking about, I think you still have a chance. I mean who wouldn't love you.". 

Jonghyun smiled, what his mother said made sense; he started to believe he did have a chance."What should I do about Key? What do I do about Key?".

"You need to be honest with Kibum, he has been your friend for years. He deserves that you tell him the truth.".

Jonghyun knew his mother was right. He decided to talk to Key tomorrow at noon; they had been friends for years he deserved to know. "Thank you mom, before I forget can my friend come live here for a couple days? His family had to leave for an emergency and he couldn't go with them. I offered for him to stay with us because I didn't want him to be all alone, so can he please stay?".

"He can stay, and if your father says otherwise let me know.", she said as she broke the hug,"I should really get going now.

"Thank you so much mom. Are you sure you need to go?"

"I do, I can no longer stay here with your father. As soon as I find a place you can come with me, that's a promise.",she smiled hugging him once more,"Please don't forget to talk to Kibum okay.".

"I won't.", he walked his mother outside and gave her a goodbye kiss before going back to his room. Even though it pained him to see his mother leave, he understood why. Ever since he came out to his parents, his father changed and started treating him and his mother differently. Jonghyun could no longer stand living with his father, he wished for his mother to find a place soon. 

                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"It all makes sense know.", Minho commented,"When I first met him I thought he was odd,for talking about ghost and angels; but I never expected him to be an angel.".

"It's amazing isn't it?", Taemin commented,"Key is very lucky to have his guardian angel in the flesh. I wished I could see mine, and hear him talk back to me.".

"How do you know your guardian angel is a guy?", Minho asked.

"Onew talks to him often. I was hoping to find out his name today; but you know with all that happen it was impossible.". 

"You'll get a chance soon enough.", Minho smiled,"I'm assuming my guardian angel is a guy as well. Onew told me he was a very funny, but apparently he doesn't want to talk to me. He didn't want Onew to tell me what he was saying.".

"Maybe it was just something you couldn't hear.", Taemin commented,"I'm sure you'll have contact with him.".

"I really hope so, I'm kinda curious to see what he has to say or what he thinks.", he said,"I believe is fair enough since he knows everything about me.".

Taemin laughed,"True I know exactly what you mean.". 

"Aren't you going to answer that? It has been buzzing since you got here.", Minho stated.

"It's just my parents, I rather not answer.". Taemin admitted. He knew his parents were probably mad that he skipped his lessons and hadn't return home yet; but he didn't care. Taemin wanted to spend more time with Minho, he made him feel happy.

"You should answer or else they won't let you be around me.".

"Would that upset you?", he asked as he moved closer to him on the couch,"Would you miss me if I was no longer around?". 

"Of course I would you're my friend.", Minho said as he got off the couch,"Do you want anything to eat or drink?".

Taemin sighed feeling rejected,"I think I should go home.".

"Why is something the matter?", he asked,"Did I say something wrong?".

Taemin sighed feeling a bit irritated, he couldn't believe Minho was easily able to tell that Jonghyun had feelings for Key; but he couldn't even noticed that he had a crush on him. "Isn't it obvious Minho? I've been skipping school, lessons, and I even worked out; just to get your attention.". His face redden, he felt a knot on his throat as he tried to speak,"Minho I-I-I really like you okay. I want to be with you.".

"Taemin I never asked you to do any of that. You skipped your lessons and school because you wanted to, I told you it was a bad idea; but you didn't listen to me.", Minho defended himself."Besides I don't think I'm ready for a relationship, we barely know each other. I mean I'm flattered that you like me and all but I right now I just see you as a friend. I'm sorry.", he confessed.

Taemin regretted confessing to him, he felt vulnerable like the world could see through him. Taemin felt like he had just lost his dream, his future. He began to feel depressed once again, he began to wish Onew didn't rescue him that day; he just wanted to be dead."I'm so stupid, I don't know why I thought I actually had a chance with you. How can I believed you could actually like me, if my own parents don't even love me.", he stated as his vision began to blur."I'm sorry that I wasted your time, don't worry you won't ever have to see me again.", Taemin stated before storming out of Minho's house. 

"Taemin! Taemin! Wait don't go.", Minho chased after him.

"What do you want?", he yelled as he waited for him to catch up,"You made it pretty clear that you don't like me.".

"I never said I didn't like you, I just like you in a different way.".

"You made it pretty clear that you just see me as a friend. I don't need to hear all this again, I just need to go home before I do something stupid.", Taemin said as he tried to leave but was stopped by Minho.

"Listen let me finish.", Minho held Taemin's arm,"I'm attracted to you, actually I find you to be very cute. I think we could be more than friends in the future, but right now I just want to get to know you better, you know take things slow.".

"We can take things slow.", Taemin smiled wiping away his own tears; his phone vibrating once again. "I really think I should head home, if I want to see you the game with you tomorrow I should really head home.".

"Let me walk you home.", Minho offered.

"Thank you I really appreciate that.".

"Since we agreed to get to know each other better, so what's that stupid thing you were going to do if you didn't go home?", Minho asked.

Taemin sighed, he really didn't want want to tell Minho about his depression but he knew he had to. "I suffer from depression. The day Onew saved me from drowing was the day I tried to commit suicide.", he confessed."Ever since I met you, Onew, Jonghyun and Key, I've been much happier. It made me feel less alone; less depressed.".

"Are you getting any help? This is a serious matter.", Minho put his arm around him.

"No, I tried talking to my parents about it; they wouldn't listen. They think I'm making everything up to get out of my practices and studies.", he informed him,"Don't worry about me though, I'll never do something as stupid as that again. I my going to lie to you and say that it didn't cross my mind earlier, but that's why I wanted to head home. I wanted to lock myself in my room and talk to my guardian angel, even though I can't hear him; I know he's there and I know he loves me.".

"We all care about you, I don't want anything bad to happened to you.", he commented,"You need to get some help.".

"I know I'm going to talk to the school psychologist on Monday. I promise.", Taemin smiled as he  gave Minho a hug,"I'll see you tomorrow.". Taemin waved goodbye to Minho, unlock his house door and went inside.

"What is wrong with you Taemin?", his mom greeted him,"Why didn' you show up to your practice today? And on top of that your late for your piano lesson.".

"I'm sorry mom.", he said as he started heading towards his room.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to do your piano lessons?".

"I don't feel like it today, have a goodnight.", he closed his bedroom door, immediately lock it.

"Taemin don't speak to your mother that way. Come out here now, apologize to her and do your lessons.", his father instructed.

"No.".

"Fine then you are not allowed to go out tomorrow.", his father said. Taemin sighed, he was definitely going out tomorrow even if he didn't have his parents permission. He leaned on the door to hear what his parents were saying a little better.

"He's rebelling because of you!", his father blamed his mother,"You should have followed through with his previous punishment. Why didn't you take him to his lesson? Why did you gave him his cell phone back.".

"Don't blame everything on me. Just stay away from me, go to sleep in the extra bedroom tonight.", his mother yelled.

Taemin started to feel guilty when he heard his parents fight. He knew he did wrong by sneaking around but if he didn't he would forever be their puppet a prisoner. "Sorry.", he apologized to his parents even though they couldn't hear him.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Key felt like his whole world was crashing down all around him. Onew hadn't even left yet and he already felt empty inside. He took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down, he knew if he cried it was just going to make things more difficult for himself and Onew. Key pushed all his negative thoughts aside and decided to go cook Onew a nice meal; since he didn't have a bite to eat all day. Cooking served as a distraction for Key; it made him forget all about his problems. He cooked Onew some spicy chicken along with some vegetables. For desert he sliced him some oranges and watermelon. He put Onew's dinner in a serving platter and took it up to their room; placing it in the bed stand. 

Onew was completely covered with Key's blanket from head to toe as he cried.

Key sat on the side of the bed as he tried to lift the blanket off of him. To his surprise Onew had a very strong grip on the blanket, and didn't allow him to take it off, "Onew please let me see you, we need to talk.".

"No, unless you allow me to stay.".

"I can't my parents wouldn't understand. They will send you away and we will never see each other again.", he stated,"This will only be temporary, my parents visits are always short.".

"Key it isn't good to lie, let me talk to them. Let me tell them that I'm your guardian angel.", he pleaded; still under the blanket,"I'll make them understand.".

"They wont, I know them. If we want to stay together for a long time, you need to go with Jonghyun for a couple of days.", Key insisted,"It's for the best trust me.".

"Will I be able to see you during those days? I can't live without you.", he stated,"I can't imagine my life without you.".

"I will never abandoned you; because I can't live without you either. I'll call you every day; we will see each other in school this Monday.", Key hugged him through the blanket," I'll  try to go to Jonghyun's house as much as posiible ; to spend time with you.".

"You promise?", Onew stuck his head out of the blanket.

"I promise.", he said as he leaned in giving him a kiss on the forehead. Key thought Onew was beautiful, even when he had puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. He soon got lost in his eyes, his thumb caressed Onew's cheek then his bottom lip; he leaned in closer as the desire to kiss him grew within him. Their lips brushed against each other multiple times, before Key came to his senses and pulled away. Key felt ashamed for kissing him, he didn't want to cause Onew pain like he did the other night."I cooked you dinner.", he informed him as he went to get the platter,"Eat it before it gets cold.". 

"Thank you.", he answered in a audible whisper as he then began to eat.

"The watermelon is full of love.", Key chuckled as he tried to break the awkward silence in the room.

Onew giggle,"That's the best kind.".

Key smiled and let out a small laugh as he stared at Onew eat. Just being with him made him forget all about his problems. "Did you like it?".

"I love it, it's delicious.", he answered as he finished everything on his plate.

"I'll go wash this, pick a movie for us to watch.", he instructed as he got the platter and plates,"As soon as I'm done, I'll meet you in the living room.".

"Okay.", Onew answered grabbing Key's blanket and running to the living room.

Key finished washing the dishes and headed towards the living room; finding Onew once again wrapped up in the blanket. Key lifted the blanket, uncovering Onew's face,"What are you doing? Why do you keep on covering yourself with my blanket?".

"Because it smells like you.", Onew confessed,"Can I take it with me to Jonghyun's house?".

Key let out a small chuckled as his face became slightly red,"You can take it, but let me wash it first.".

"No, if you wash it. It won't smell like you anymore.", Onew answered, embracing Key in a hug; wrapping him in the blanket.  

Onew action took him by surprise. "What are you doing?", he blushed.

"I want to hold you close, since I won't be able to for a while.".

"I'm really going to miss you.", Key said letting himself fall heavily on Onew; burying his face on the crook of his neck, as he laid on top of him. He snuggled up against him; his heart beat started racing rapidly as he took in his scent. Their bodies molded into each other as they remained under the covers, Key grabbed his hand intertwining his fingers with his. No words were needed between them, they laid their silently; enjoying each others company , falling asleep in each others arms. 

The dim light peering in through the living room window; made Key rub his eyes as he woke up. His heart started racing when he realized that he was still on top of Onew. He blushed remembering the small kiss they shared yesterday; he couldn't think about anything else. He craved to feel his soft lips against his as least one more time before he left. Key inched forward almost pressing his lips against the lips of the unexpected sleeping angel; he stopped himself not wanting to upset Onew before he left. He smiled resorting to kissing him on the cheek. 

Onew slowly opened his eyes and smiled,"Good morning.", he said; kissing the tip of Key's nose.

"Good morning.", Key blushed as he ran his fingers through Onew's soft hair; slowly getting off of him. "We better start packing your stuff.".

"Are you sure that I really have to go?", he asked; getting off of the couch still wrapped in the blanket.

"Unfortunately yes.", Key answered as he walked into the kitchen,"While I cook you breakfast, start putting your clothes in the suit case I left for you.".

"Okay.".

Key inhaled and exhaled as he tried to stop himself from crying. He once again focused all of his attention on cooking as he tried to bury the pain he was feeling inside. After setting up the table he called Onew over for breakfast. He let out a small chuckle when Onew appeared in the kitchen still wrapped up in the blanket. "Take off the blanket, you can't eat with it on.".

"Okay.", he stood leaving the blanket on the couch.

Key could tell Onew was upset, he wasn't his cheerful self. He didn't comment on the food like he usually did; he just silently ate his french toast. After they were done eating Key washed the dishes and headed up to their room, to help Onew pack."Are you all done?"

"Almost.".

Key looked through Onew's suitcase and began taking out the clothes in it,"Onew you packed all of my clothes.".

"I know I just wanted to feel like I was with you. Please let me take them, you could use mine.".

"Fine but you can only take a few.", Key smiled as he let Onew keep a couple shirts,"We need to hurry it's going to be noon in three hours.".

"Okay.", Onew sighed as he began to put his own clothes in the suitcase. 

It was thirty minutes before noon when Onew started to cry. Key's eyes began to water, he wiped away the tears before they reached his cheek. Key locked his arms around him; clutching him close, "It's only going to be temporary please don't cry.".

"I really don't want to go, please let me stay.", he begged once again.

"You know that is impossible.", he informed him; wiping away his tears,"Besides I know you will have a great time with Jonghyun.".

"You're right I do like Jonghyun, he's very fun and kind to me.", Onew smiled.

Key felt a sting of jealousy. He knew how Jonghyun felt about Onew and it bugged him that Onew was going to be spending more time with Jonghyun instead of him. A side of him was afraid that Onew would fall in love with Jonghyun, but he also knew that it was the best and safest place for Onew to stay. "Don't forget me okay.".

"I would never.".

Key sighed when he heard the doorbell ring,"That's probably Jonghyun, I'm going to let him in okay. Make sure you have everything.".

"Key we need to talk.", Jonghyun walked in as soon as the door opened.

Key could tell Jonghyun was nervous as he paced back and fourth in his living room,"What's the matter? Please tell me your parents let Onew stay with you.".

"They did, but that is not what I want to talk to you about.".

"Whatever it is, it can wait.", Key informed him,"You just need to get Onew out of here before my parents come and he changes his mind.".

"Okay.", he sighed.

"I'm going to help him get his stuff. I'll be right back.", Key said as he ran up to his room. As soon as he walked in Onew hugged him and pressed his lips against his. A tear ran down Key's cheek as he gave Onew several small kisses,"I love you, please don't forget me.", Key said feeling the softness of Onew's lips once again.

"I don't want to go.", he began to cry,"Please let me stay, I love you.".

Key wiped away Onew's tears,"We can't keep Jonghyun waiting let's go.", he said as he grabbed Onew's suitcase and headed out of the room. 

Onew followed close behind silently without saying a word; soft whimpers escaping his lips. 

Key heart felt like it was breaking when he saw Jonghyun embrace Onew,giving him a kiss on the forehead. He felt like crying but he held in his tears, "Jonghyun please take good care of him.".

"I won't let anything happen to him, I promise.".

Onew clung on to Jonghyun,"Lets go I don't want to be here anymore.".

Key walked Jonghyun and Onew out of the house. It broke his heart to see Onew ignore him, he just simply got in to the car without bothering to look at Key.

"Don't be upset Key, I'm sure he is just confused and mad.", Jonghyun said as he put his arm around Key. "If you need anything just give me a call.".

"Just take good care of him okay.".

"I will.", Jonghyun nodded; placing Onew suitcases in the car before driving away. 

Key walked back into his house; noticing that Onew forgot to take the blanket. He wrapped himself in the blanket and began to cry.

                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for chapter 12...I hope you enjoyed it, please leave a comment I truly enjoy reading them. Thanks again and I'll see you in chapter 13 where Jinki spends his first day with Jonghyun...