No Longer Friends

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you for reading and commenting I really appreciate it. Sorry for the late update I was a bit busy.  Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter...

                                                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Minho had just bowled a strike,"Did you see that?", he excitedly asked as he walked towards Jonghyun.

"That was amazing.", Jonghyun smiled and high fived him as he then picked up the ball to take his turn.

Minho was watching Jonghyun about to take his turn his phone vibrated his pocket. "Taemin?",He immediately answered.

"Why does it sound like you're shocked that I called you?".

"Because I am.", Minho confessed as Jonghyun sat down in the seat in front of him,"You said you were going to call me yesterday and you didn't. I assumed you weren't going to call me today again.".

"I'm really sorry that I didn't call you.", Taemin apologized,"But you could have called me too.

"I wanted to but I didn't know when your practice was over, or if your mom was going to answer your phone.", he defended himself.

"I understand and I'm sorry.",Taemin apologized again,"I know is my fault that we dont spend much time with each other, but there's nothing I can do about my parents.".

"I know it's not your fault, but I don't think I can continue on this way.".

"You're seriously breaking up with me over the phone?", Taemin asked.

"I'm not breaking up with you. I just need time to think.", he answered.

"Where are you?".

"It doesn't matter where I am is not like you can come here anyways. I'll talk to you later bye.", Minho ended the call.

"Aren't you being a bit to harsh on him.", Jonghyun commented.

"I don't think so. I feel like I don't even have a boyfriend.", Minho commented as he stood up to take his turn; managing a spare.

"Why do you say that? It looks like Taemin really loves you.", Jonghyun commented,"If wished Jinki would look at me the same way Taemin looks at you.".

"We used to be together all the time. Now we just see each other at school for less than an hour.", Minho informed him.

"I don't think it's because he doesn't want to spend time with you, its because of his parents. You can't blame him for that.", he said as he then went to that his turn; knocking down everything but three pins.

"I know but I don't want to be in a hidden relationship. Where I only get to see him once in a while, I just rather not be in a relationship at all.".

"I see your point.", he commented,"But to be honest you're are being a bit unfair. I think you're a scared and are trying to push him away.".

"I don't want to talk about this anymore.", Minho answered as he went to take his turn; getting another strike.

"I really at bowling.", Jonghyun pouted,"You're ahead of me without bumpers. I thought I would be winning since I can't get a gutter ball.".

Minho laughed at Jonghyun,"You're not throwing your ball with enough force. Come here let me show you.". Minho stood beside Jonghyun once he got his ball; he placed his hand on Jonghyun's hand to show him how to guide and throw his ball.

"I did it I got my first strike.",Jonghyun said as he did a mini victory dance.

Minho laughed,"Well let see if you can get one on your own next time.",he picked up his ball to take his turn. Just when he was about throw Jonghyun tickled him causing him; causing him to do a weak throw only knocking down two pins. "I still have another turn you know.", he laughed.

"I know, but now there's no way you'll get a strike.", Jonghyun smiled as he went to sit down,"And I now get the chance to catch up.".

"But I can still get a spare.", Minho threw his ball knocking down the rest of the pins,"Spare!", he yelled.

"Move aside.", Jonghyun slightly pushed him,"Here comes a strike.". Jonghyun took a deep breath before he threw his ball as he actually got a strike on his own this time.

"Now this is about to get interesting.", he commented as he went to take his turn,"Maybe we should get your bumpers remove.".

"I don't want them removed, I like the security of having them there.", Jonghyun said as he went back to his seat.

"That's a bit unfair, don't you think?", he laughed.

"I don't think so, you're better than me. I needs some sort of advantage.", Jonghyun smiled.

Minho went to take his turn knocking everything down but one pin. After they were done bowling they went out to eat. "Next time we go bowling you should definitely play without the bumpers.", Minho said as he then took a bite of his burger.

"Why I like my bumpers, besides even though I had them you still won.", he commented,"Minho you're really fun to be around with. Why do you always say you never had any friends? I really doubt that we're your first set of friends.".

Minho took a sip of his drink,"I have a few acquaintances, but I wouldn't consider them friends. I just never really had the time to socialize.".

"How come?", Jonghyun asked as he then ate some fries.

Minho didn't like talking about his personal life; especially his past but he felt like he could trust Jonghyun."When I was about eight years old my parents got a divorce. My older brother ended up leaving with my dad and I stay with my mom. Since the divorce my father didn't help us out financially so my mom ended up having two jobs. She used to come home very tired, so I stop playing with the neighborhood kids so I could help around the house and focus on my studies.".

"So you've been cleaning and cooking for yourself and your mom since you were eight?", Jonghyun asked,"That's really amazing.".

"Not really that amazing, it took me a while to properly learn how to cook.", he chuckled.

"I still think that's pretty amazing. Not many people would have done what you didn't they wouldn't have cared whether their mom was tired or not.", he commented,"So you basically have been working since you were eight.".

"I guess you could say that. I got my first actual real job on my second year of high school.", he stated,"I was just to busy with work and school to socialize with anyone. To be honest I used to consider having friends a waste of my time, until I met you guys.".

"Well I'm glad you don't consider me a waste of time. I would have been mad if you did.", he chuckled."So is Taemin your first boyfriend?".

"First boyfriend yes, but I have had a girlfriend before if you could call her that.".

"Really? Where did you met her? Why did you guys break up?", Jonghyun asked.

"Does it really matter? Why do you want to know?", he asked.

"I want to get to know you better. You are always quiet and reserved.", Jonghyun commented, "You know almost everything about me and all I used to know about you was that you love playing soccer. It's time for you to allow people to get close to you.".

"Fine I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone. Especially Taemin.".

"I don't know why you don't want Taemin to know, but I won't say a word I promise.", Jonghyun smiled; taking a sip of his drink.

"I don't want him to know because it's kinda embarrassing. I don't even know why I'm telling you.", Minho stated.

"You're telling me because I'm your friend and we trust each other.".

"When I was working I met a girl that was a bit older than me.", he confessed,"We dated for a both two months but then a broke it off because I found out she was cheating on her boyfriend with me. What about you have you dated anyone before?".

"I've only had one boyfriend.", he answered,"I met him when I was on summer vacation with my family, I guess you can say it was more of a summer fling.".

"So are you a ?", Minho asked him; causing Jonghyun to blush,"You don't have to answer if you don't want to.".

Jonghyun shook his head,"No I'm not a . Are you?".

"No.", he answered as he and Jonghyun threw their trash and left the restaurant."

"I really think you should call Taemin when you get home.", Jonghyun said as he unlocked his car doors.

"Even if we fix things, in the end we are still going to be stuck in the same situation.", he stated; fastening his seat belt as Jonghyun began to drive,"We aren't going to be able to spend that much time together.".

"This problem that your having is temporary, we're almost out of high school. He'll be free to do whatever he wants, it will work itself out.".

"We will most likely end up going to different universities, I don't see the point.", Minho stated.

"Based on what you told me I now understand why you tend to push people away.", he stated,"But just because your dad and that girl hurt you doesn't mean Taemin or anyone else for that matter is going to do the same thing.".

"If you I knew you were going to use it against me, I wouldn't have told you anything.", Minho said as he began to feel irritated.

"I'm not using it against you, I just want you to be happy. I know you like Taemin and I don't want you to screw yourself over because your afraid he is going to end up hurting you.", Jonghyun said,"Fix things with him allow yourself to be happy.".

"I'll call him.", Minho said knowing Jonghyun was right; he shouldn't end things with Taemin this way. "So what are you going to do about Onew?".

"I don't know I just really hope he's home. I really didn't get to see him all day since he was following Key everywhere.", Jonghyun said as he stopped the car in front of Minho's home. "I just want to spend some time with him.".

"It's already late I'm sure he is probably waiting for you.", Minho got off the car,"See you tomorrow at school.".

"Have a goodnight and good luck with Taemin.", Jonghyun said before he drove off.

As soon as Minho was done cooking his mom a quick dinner, he went up to his room and called Taemin.

"Minho, I thought you weren't going to call me.", Taemin answered.

Minho felt a bit guilty, since he was easily able to tell Taemin was crying,"I'm sorry about the way I talked to you earlier.".

"It's okay I'm just really glad you called me.", Taemin said,"We didn't break up right?".

"I don't want to break up with you, but we really need to figure out how to spend more time together.

"I know but I need to regain my parents trust so they can give me a bit more freedom.", he informed him,"For now we just have to settle seeing each other at school.".

"At school we never spend time alone, I just want to have some alone time with you.".

"We only have one more day to go, before we spend our whole Saturday together. Things are going to change I promise.".

Minho knew Jonghyun was right; he shouldn't let his past ruin the great relationship he had with Taemin,"You don't need to promise me anything, I trust you. I'll see you tomorrow my mom just got home.".

"I love you, have a goodnight.".

Hearing Taemin tell him , he loved him made him happy,"I love you too.".

                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

"Do I really need to go? I'm going to start living here again tomorrow, can I just stay tonight too?", Onew begged. He didn't want to leave Key side; he hadn't felt this close and connected to him in a very long time. He was starting to feel like his angel again, he finally thought he was doing what he was brought here to do.

"As much as I want you to stay, you can't. My parents and I are going to go out for dinner and unfortunately you can't come. I don't want to leave you here all alone.".

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Commedes.", Onew tried to convince him.

"Our neighbor is going to doggysit Commedes while we're out.", Key informed him,"I really don't want you to be here alone. It's just for one more night, after that we'll be together all the time again.".

"I understand I'll leave to Jonghyun's house now.".

"Let me call him so he could pick you up, I don't want you to walk all by yourself at night.", Key took out his cellphone from his pocket.

"I'll fly over to his house, I like feeling the breeze anyways.", Onew embraced him in a hug giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Key held on to him tightly; giving him a kiss on the cheek,"I can't wait to start living with you again. I really miss having you around.".

"Kibum are you almost ready?", his mother knock on his bedroom door.

"Give me a minute.", he said snuggling closer to Onew,"Text me as soon as get to his house.".

"I don't have a cell phone, how am I suppose to text you?"

"I know that, just borrow Jonghyun's phone.".

"How am I suppose to leave if you don't let me go.", Onew chuckled giving him another kiss on the forehead.

"Don't forget to text me okay.", Key said as he let go of Onew.

"I'll text you right away I promise.", he walked into the balcony; spread his wings and took off into the air. Onew felt at ease and happy as he flew towards Jonghyun's home, he was glad everything was going back to the way it used to be.

"Where have you been?", Amber asked him as soon as he arrived.

"I was with Key.", Onew smiled,"Amber I'm extremely happy, I think I'm starting to figure out why I'm here.".

"I'm really happy for you Onew, but I need you to go talk to Jonghyun now.", she stated,"He is very upset.".

"Why? Is he okay?".

"He feels like you been avoiding him.", she stated.

"In all honesty Amber I want to create some distance between Jonghyun and I.", he informed her,"I'm going to go talk to him, but I just want to focus on Key, I haven't felt this close to him in a while.".

"Do I have to remind you that Key hurt you. Jonghyun has been nothing but nice to you, you shouldn't act this way towards him it isn't fair.", Amber stated.

"I know that Key hurt me, but it isn't his fault at all it's mine. I shouldn't have developed feelings and I shouldn't have went out on a date with Jonghyun.", he stated,"I finally realize that I'm never going to be human like them. I was given this squishy body to help Key out and I think my time here is running out.".

"Why do you say that?".

"Key's bullies don't really bug him anymore, and he isn't as lonely as he use to be.", he informed her,"I feel like they don't need me anymore, they all have each other.".

"Are you sure you're no longer going to have a human body?", she asked.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure but it's what I want.", he stated.

"I understand, but please don't avoid Jonghyun.", she begged,"If you really do end up leaving he is going to be really devastated that he didn't get to spend any time with you. Please don't do that to him, he doesn't deserve it.".

"I know, I'll go talk to him right now.".

"Enter through the front door, the back door is locked.", Amber informed him as she then disappeared.

Onew didn't know what to do. He thought he was doing the right thing by creating some distance between him and Jonghyun; but now that he talked to Amber he was starting to doubt himself. He quietly entered through the front door and went straight to Jonghyun's bedroom. "Are you busy?", he asked as he walked in.

"No!", Jonghyun answered.

"Are you mad at me?", he asked him as he began to feel a bit of guilt.

"What's going on between you and Key? Are you two dating?", he questioned him"I seriously don't understands what's going on. First you go on a date with me and tell me that we will definitely go on a second one, but then you go back with Key and avoid me all day. Just tell me what's happening. I have the right to know.".

Onew felt horrible for avoiding Jonghyun all day,"I'm really sorry that I made you feel a certain way. It wasn't my intention to hurt you, I'm really sorry.".

"So you are dating Key?".

"No, I'm not dating anyone, and I don't want to.", he said as he decided to be completely honest with him,"Jonghyun you should forget about me, I can't give you what you want or need.".

"Are you in love with Key? Is that the reason why you can't be with me?", Jonghyun began to get teary eyed.

"I'm not human, I'm Kibum's angel. I belong by his side.", he stated,"I can't be with you, or anyone else for that matter. I'm staying with Key as his angel until I have to go.".

"What do you mean by have to go?", Jonghyun wiped his own tears away.

"I don't want to be in this squishy body anymore, I just want to be by Key's side.", he informed him,"I feel my time here is running out, and I don't want to leave knowing your upset because of me.".

Jonghyun hugged him tightly,"I don't want you to go.".

"I don't know when or if I'm going but I just want you to be prepared for when that time comes. I want you and Key to be happy.", he broke their embrace,"Jonghyun please take really good care of my Kibum once I'm gone. Protect and comfort each other, just like you use to do before I showed up.". 

Jonghyun wept silently,"It just won't be the same without you.".

"Everything will be fine, trust me.", he smiled; wiping away his tears. Onew felt emotionally drained this was the second person he had said goodbye to and he felt like crying."I'm going to bed,I'm tired. Have a goodnight.", he gave him a quick hug as he then tried to leave the room, but Jonghyun stopped him.

"Aren't you going to sleep with me?".

"No, I think if for the best if I sleep alone.", he smiled at him once more and before exiting and closing Jonghyun's bedroom door. As he walked to the guest bedroom he silently began to cry; he quickly locked himself up in the room, laid in bed and began to cry. It hurt him to say goodbye to Key and Jonghyun; just knowing that he still had to say goodbye to Minho and Taemin made him even more depressed. He was really going to miss being around them all, but he felt thankful and blessed to have met them. It made him happy to know that Key wouldn't be lonely once he was gone.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

As soon as Jonghyun was done getting ready for school; he quickly went to the kitchen to have some breakfast with Onew. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with Onew, before he left. "Are you feeling okay?", he asked him; noticing that Onew looked a bit pale.

"I'm fine I just had trouble sleeping last night.", he answered as he then went back to eating his breakfast. 

"You should sleep with me tonight, that way you will be able to get a goodnight sleep.", he commented as he served himself some milk.

"Key's parents are leaving today, so I'm going back home.".

Jonghyun immediately dropped the cup of milk he held in his hand,"Why are you telling me this now? Why didn't you tell me yesterday?".

"I forgot I had a lot of things on my mind yesterday, I'm really sorry.", Onew apologized as he began to pick up the broken glass on the floor.

"I can clean this up on my own, go eat your breakfast.",Jonghyun said as he began to clean the mess."I'm sorry if I over reacted I was just surprised.".

"It's okay, it was my fault for not telling you.", he answered as he went back to eating his breakfast.

After cleaning up Jonghyun went to sit beside him and began to eat his PB&J sandwich,"Did you already packed all your things?".

"Most of them are at home already, I just have a few stuff here.", he informed him,"I was thinking about picking them up tomorrow if that's okay.".

"That's fine.", they both finished eating their breakfast and headed towards the car. "You can ride in the front with me, if you want.".

"I like sitting in the back, besides that Key's spot.", he said as he got on the back seat of the car.

Jonghyun got in the car; put on his seat belt and began to drive,"It's friday, we should go out.".

"That'll be fun, all five of us haven't done anything together in a while.", Onew smiled,"What do you have in mind?".

"We'll figure it out together.", Jonghyun answered as he parked the car and waited for Key.

Key got out of his house and got in the back seat of Jonghyun's car; sitting next to Onew,"Why didn't any of you text me last night?".

"I didn't know I was suppose to.", Jonghyun answered as he began to drive. He was feel slightly annoyed and jealous; he didn't like that Key went to sit beside Onew.

"I'm sorry Key it was my fault. I forgot to text you.", Onew answered.

"Onew are you okay? You look a bit pale.", Key asked as he caressed his face.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired.", he smiled.

"I'm surprise you decided to come to school today since your parents are leaving.",Jonghyun commented.

"I told them goodbye before I left.", he answered; resting his head on Onew's shoulder.

Jonghyun parked his car and immediately got out; slamming the door shut. He was tired of seeing Key all over Onew it really irritated him. Jonghyun knew that Key most likely wanted to spend as much time as possible with Onew, but so did he. He wasn't getting to close to Onew out of respect for Key, but if Key wasn't respecting his feelings; he wasn't going to respect his either.    

"Are you alright?", Onew asked as he got out of the car,"You seem a bit mad.".

"I'm not mad.", he smiled as he grabbed his hand,"Come to the music room with me. I want to hear the new song I composed.".

"Okay I really enjoy seeing you play.", Onew answered.

"Sorry Key, but my music teacher doesn't allow more than two people in the music room when she is not there.", Jonghyun stated."I really want Onew to listen to this, since he was my inspiration.".

"Really?", Onew asked,"

"Yes you were all I thought about while I composed it.".

"I can't wait to hear it, but maybe we should go when your teacher is there so all of us can hear it.", Onew suggested.

"That sounds like an excellent idea.", Key got in between Jonghyun and Onew; separating their hands. 

"That's fine by me.", Jonghyun said.

"Are Minho and Taemin holding hands?", Onew asked.

"Yes, they're dating now.", Jonghyun informed him as he saw them approaching.

"Kai must be really happy, I'll be right back I'm going to go talk to him.", he said as he then walked away.

"What was that all about? I didn't want to argue with you in front of Onew, but you and me both know your music teacher is in the classroom right now.", Key stated.

Jonghyun was hoping Key wouldn't remember that."You don't care about my feelings so I'm not going to care about yours.", Jonghyun said,"It hurt me to see you all over Onew in the backseat of my car.".

"How do you think I felt when I found out you went on a date with him. Not only that but I saw you two kissing.", Key stated, "It really broke my heart when I saw you two together, not only because I love Onew but because you promised me in the music room that you wouldn't get in between us. I really felt betrayed by you.".

"I did nothing wrong, I told you I was going to spend the whole day with him and that we weren't coming to school. You told me that you didn't care and then you hanged up on me.", he said as he began to feel angry. "If you really think I betrayed you why are you still my friend.".

"I don't consider you my friend anymore, a real friend wouldn't have done what you did.".

"What's going on?", Minho asked.

"Nothing.", Key said as he walked away.

"Why is Key mad?", Onew asked.

Jonghyun sighed; he was certain Onew was about to go with Key,"Key and I are no longer talking to each other.".

"What! why?", Taemin asked.

"It doesn't matter, I don't want to talk about it.", Jonghyun answered, not wanting to make Onew feel bad.

"I'm going to go fix this, I'll be right back.", Onew said as he went after Key.

"I'm going to go check on him.", Taemin said.

"Wait are you actually leaving right now?", Minho asked him.

"Jonghyun I really hope you don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing against you and I still want to be friends. But Key was there for me when I was having a hard time and I want to be there for him.", Taemin said before he walked away.

Jonghyun noticed Minho blank expression,"You can go if you want to, I won't blame you.".

"No, I want to stay with you.", Minho said,"I like Key he's a good friend but I'm closer to you and I'm not going to leave you here alone.".

"Thank you, in all honesty I didn't want to be alone.", he sighed,"Key isn't going to let me see Onew anymore, I know that for a fact.".

"I don't think he would be that mean.", he said as the bell ring,"I'll see you at lunch.".

"See you later.", Jonghyun answered as he began walking towards his class. As soon as he spotted Taemin he ran up to him,"What did Key say?".

"I don't really know what happened between you two, but all he said was that he felt really hurt and betrayed by you.".

Jonghyun felt like crying he was positive Key wasn't going to let him speak with Onew. "Did Onew say anything?".

"He remained quiet the whole time.", Taemin answered as he and Jonghyun walked into class.

                                                           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"We should have sat with Jonghyun and Minho at lunch.", Onew said,"I felt horrible leaving them all by themselves.".

"They weren't alone they had each other, besides Luna and Victoria were there with them.", Key said as he and Onew walked home.

"I don't like seeing you two mad at each other. You been friends for years, whatever this fight was about it's not worth it.".

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, he betrayed me and he knows it.", Key unlocked his house door,"If he thinks I'm just going to forget what he did, I'm not.".

"I really wanted all of us five to be together today.", Onew informed him,"I wanted to play a board game and eat pizza like we used to do.".

"We can do that another day, but not today. I don't want to see him right now.". It really hurt Key to see Onew upset, but he didn't feel like being around Jonghyun right. "I'm going to pick up Commedes from the neighbors, I'll be right back.". 

Immediately after Key brought Commedes home, Onew began to play with him,"I really missed Commedes.".

"I know he missed you too. He  went to every room looking for you.", Key informed him as he watched him play. Seeing Onew on the floor playing with Commedes really made him happy; he felt complete. "I'm really happy that you're back home.".

"I'm really happy to be back too.", Onew answered as he continued to play. 

Key was about to go get dinner when he noticed a few red dots on the carpet by Onew,"It's that blood?".

"Is what blood?", Onew looked up at him.

"Onew you're bleeding from your nose.", Key informed him."Pinch your nose, I'll be right back.". He went to get some gauze from the emergency kit. Key was worried that Onew was getting sick, not only did he have a nosebleed; but he was looking a bit pale. 

"Don't be worried about me it doesn't hurt.", Onew said in a muffled voice as he continued to pinch his nose.

Key began to clean out the blood from his upper lip,"How do you expect me not to worry. Are you sure you feel okay?".

"I don't feel sick at all I'm fine. I'm just tired.".

"Once your nose stops bleeding, go and take a nap.",Key ordered as he placed his hand on Onew's lap for comfort,"You need to rest.".

Onew un-pinched his nose,"I think it stopped.".

"It looks like it stop.", Key checked,"Go upstairs and take a nap.". 

"Okay.", he yawned,"You're going to wake me up for dinner right?".

Key hugged him,"I'll wake you up for dinner, I promise.".

Onew gave him a kiss on the cheek,"You're cooking chicken right?".

"If you want chicken, I'll cook you chicken.", he broke the hug,"Now go bed.".

Once he saw Onew enter his bedroom, he walked into the kitchen and began to cook.

                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Please forgive me for my spelling/ grammar mistakes I typed this late at night and I'm very tired. Please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them, see you all in the next chapter...