Birthday Cake

Guardian Angel

A/N: Sorry for the very very long wait.  Anyways thank you for commenting and reading I really appreciate it, I hope you enjoy this chapter...

                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Thank you for cooking chicken!", Jinki stayed beside Key as he watched him cook.

"Go sit down, everything is almost ready.",Key smiled as he was about finished preparing the Pasta.

"Ouch!".

"I take my eyes off of you for one second, and you burn yourself!", he turned off the stove,"How many times have I told you not to touch food while it's still cooking.".

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The chicken looked so good.", he pouted.

"Let me see your hand!", he examined Jinki's hand, relieved to see he didn't severely burn himself,"Promise me you will never do that again. You could have seriously hurt yourself.".

"I won't do it again, I promise.", he looked down; avoiding eye contact.

"Are you still in pain?".

"A little but a kiss will make me feel better.".

"Anything to make you feel better.", Key smiled;leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I thought you were going to kiss my boo-boo, but that was way better.".

He smiled, slightly blushing"Go set the table so we could eat.".

"Kibum, I'm sorry.".

"Why are you apologizing for?".

"I love you.", he smiled as he then disappeared; prompting Key to wake up.

Kibum woke up in a cold sweat from his nightmare, a nightmare that unfortunately now was his reality. Key tightly clenched onto Jinki's pillow, staring at the empty space in the bed beside him. This was the second time he had a dream like that, and they both ended the same with Jinki apologizing, saying he loved him and disappearing. He hoped it wasn't a figment of his imagination, and that somehow Jinki was connecting with him through his dreams. He closed his eyes wanting and wishing to go back to sleep so he could be with Jinki again.

As he dozed off, he heard a loud banging sound coming from the kitchen; causing him to fully wake up. He got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen. When he got there he saw Commedes quickly run out, obviously scared as Taemin accidentally dropped another pan.

The kitchen was a mess, there were pots and pans everywhere. He stared at Taemin who was oblivious to his presence. Taemin was wearing one of Key's aprons his face semi covered in flour as he attempted to crack an egg. Key didn't understand how those pots and pans got on the floor, and he was definitely clueless to what Taemin was trying bake but he had to admit Taemin looked really cute. "What happen here?".

"Key, I'm so sorry.", he apologized,"I promise I'll clean everything up once I'm done.".

He didn't like the mess but he didn't feel like cleaning, and he trusted Taemin to clean it up. "What are you trying to make?".

"A birthday cake for Minho.".

With everything that was going on, Key had completely forgotten it was Minho's birthday today. "Is he coming over?".

"To be honest I don't know but I hope he does. He's grounded and he didn't call me last night but I send him a text telling him to quickly stop by.".

"I'm sure he'll come. It's his birthday he probably wants to spend it with you.", he smiled,"Let me feed Commedes and I'll help you bake the cake.". Key decided to help him knowing that it was something Jinki would want to do if he was physically here. He may not be able to see him or hear him, but he wanted Jinki to live through him, he wanted to bring him some joy through all this sadness.

"I already fed Commedes.", he smiled,"Thank you so much for helping me, I'm a little lost.".

"Well for starters lets put away all the things that we don't need. I can't work in a messy kitchen.". Key tried to concentrate on cleaning the kitchen, fighting the urge to stare at were Jinki usually sat. 

"Where does this one go?".

Key took it off his hands,"I'll put it away.". As they were cleaning he couldn't resist any longer and he looked over. His vision became unclear as he pictured Onew sitting there happily smiling as he ate his food. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down, not wanting to cry.

"Is everything alright?".

He forced a smile, noticing that they were going to need some more ingredients"I'm fine just take out the flour and butter. We're going to need it.". 

After they were done cleaning, they started to make the cake. Key couldn't keep his eyes off of that spot, he kept taking periodic glances wishing Jinki was really sitting there. He couldn't keep it in any longer and soon enough silent tears started running down his cheeks.

Taemin stop what he was doing and embraced him,"I know it's hard and whatever I say isn't going to help, but I'm proud of you for trying.".

Key broke the embrace and wiped away his tears,'I'll be fine.", he forced himself to smile again,"Let's finish making this cake.". He didn't feel well at all he felt like his life had no meaning without Jinki; everything reminding him of him. But he remained there with Taemin knowing that it was what Jinki would have wanted.

                                                 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Jonghyun slowly closed the car door wanting to make as little noise as possible. Since Minho was still sleeping and he didn't want to wake him up. He had planned to go to the store that was two blocks away to surprise Minho with a birthday cake. As he walked towards the store he decided to turn on his phone wondering if his parents where actively looking for him. He saw he had more than fifty missed calls and text messages from his father and mother. He quickly turned off his phone not bothering to read the text messages or hear the voice mails, he didn't want to be found yet he wasn't ready to see them. 

When he got to the store he went straight towards the bakery, he looked through various cakes unsure of which flavor to pick. Which one would Minho like best?, he thought.

He was about to get a chocolate cake when he remembered that he had no way to cut it. I guess I'm going to need to buy cupcakes instead, he thought as he walked over and grabbed a box of cupcakes. He was a bit disappointed since he wanted to buy a cake, but instead to make up for it he bought him some candy, pop tarts and drinks. 

After he paid he made his way back, feeling a bit upset to see Minho outside leaning against his car. He wanted to wake him up by singing happy birthday to him.

Minho spotted him and ran up to him,"You should have woken me up if you were going to go to the store.".

"If I would have woken you up, I wouldn't be able to surprise you.", he gave him a half hearted smiled,"Actually you ruined the whole surprise you should have stayed asleep.".

"Do you want me to go back to the car and pretend to be asleep?", he let out a small chuckle as he put his arm around Jonghyun's shoulder."It's my surprise in the bag?", he asked as he tried to take a peak through the bag.

"I'm glad you are amused.", Jonghyun softly pushed him away.

"In all seriousness though, you didn't have to get me anything. My birthday isn't anything special.".

"It's special to me, because you're my friend.", he smile,"Now get in the car and pretend to be sleeping.".

"Are you serious?".

He nodded,"You offered.".

Minho got back in the car on the passenger seat and pretended to be asleep.

Jonghyun found it cute that he actually listened; when he opened the front door he tried his hardest not to laugh. He sat down put the bag in his lap before he cleared his throat and began to sing happy birthday to him. 

Minho smiled his eyes fixated on Jonghyun as he sang.

"Happy birthday.", he handed him the bag.

"I still can't get over the fact of how amazing your voice is, you are an amazing singer.".

"Thank you.", he slightly blushed,"Open your gift.".

Minho opened the bag,"Pop tarts.", he laughed,"You seriously got me pop tarts?".

"I will convert you Choi Minho, soon you will love pop tarts as much as me.".

"Don't count on it.", he smiled as he went through the bag and took out some juice boxes,"This takes me back to elementary school.".

"Can I have one?".

"Sure.", he opened the packet handing him a juice box, as he then proceeded to look through the box."Do you want some candy or do you want a cupcake?".

"Cupcake please.".

"Cupcake it is.", he took the cupcake box out and opened it; handing Jonghyun the first one.

As Minho opened up a piece of candy Jonghyun got some of his cupcake frosting and smeared it across Minho's cheek. 

Minho laughed as he tried to stop Jonghyun from putting more frosting on his face. He then managed to get a cupcake from the box and smashed it on Jonghyun's face.

Jonghyun's laughed removing the cupcake from his face,as he then tried getting Minho back.

He chuckled grabbing Jonghyun's by the wrist to prevent from getting hit,"Let's call it a truce.".

"Fine only because it's your birthday.".

Minho let go of his wrist as he reached for some napkin.

Seeing Minho completely let his guard down, Jonghyun's seized the opportunity and mashed his cupcake on Minho's face."Now we are even.".

He smiled handing Jonghyun a napkin,"Thank you.".

"For what? Smashing a cupcake in your face?",he laughed as he then cleaned the frosting of his face."You don't have to thank me for that, the pleasure was all mine. Trust me.".

"No, I'm not talking about the cupcake. This has been one of the best birthdays I have ever had.", he admitted as he wiped his face clean.

"I'm sure you have had better ones than this.".

"Not really. For most of my birthdays I was either at work or completely alone because my mother was working.", he stated,"Birthday have never been anything special to me but today you showed me how special and fun they could actually be. I'm really happy and thankful to have you as a friend.".

"I'm the one who is thankful.If it weren't for you I don't know were I would be right now, or what I'll be doing.", he got a little teary-eyed,"You have made everything less painful for me. Thank you for remaining by my side when everyone else abandoned me.".

"I already told you, that I don't blame you for what happened with Jinki.", he reached over and grabbed his hand,"You are a good person Jonghyun, I know you are going through a lot right now, but you aren't alone. As long as I am here you'll never be alone.".

Jonghyun took a deep breath as he tried to contain his tears,"Your birthday isn't over yet. We still have the whole day ahead of us.", he smiled,"What do you want to do? Where do you want to go?".

He let go of his hand,"I thought we were going to go bungee jumping today.".

"You were serious about that?".

"Yes, if you are afraid we can jump together.".

Jonghyun felt a bit uneasy,"If that is what you want, then I guess we are going bungee jumping.".

"Let me go throw this out so we can go.", he smiled as he got out of the car to throw away the trash; from the mess that they made earlier. 

Jonghyun reached over and opened up the pop tart box; grabbing one of the packets inside as he then the car.

"Is driving and eating pop tarts your thing?", he asked as he got back in the car; fastening his seat belt. 

"It's not a thing, I'm just hungry.", he fastened his seat belt; opened up the pop tart packet, took a bite and started to drive,"So did you talk to Taemin while I was gone?".

Minho sighed,"I messed up I totally forgot to call Taemin last night.", he said as he took out his phone.

"Don't call him.".

"What?".

"Taemin is probably hurt that you didn't call him, and you probably have a lot of missed calls from him. You need to make it up to him, you need to see him in person,", he smiled,"and I am going to take you.".

"Your house is pretty close to Key's house. What if your dad spots you.".

"I know my dad and he wouldn't miss work for anything or anyone. As a matter of fact let's stop by my house so we can take a shower. I also need to pack some clothes, I have nothing to wear.".

"Isn't that a bit to risky.".

"Trust me, no one is going to know we are there.", Jonghyun said as he started driving towards his house.

"Taemin is probably very mad at me right now. What if he doesn't want to see me.".

"I'm sure he does want to see you, so relax.".  

"I sure hope so.".

When they arrive at Jonghyun's house no one was there just like he had predicted,"I told you no one was going to be home.".

"You were right.", he answered as he got out of the car,"Jonghyun can I get a couple of roses from your garden to take to Taemin.".

"You can take all of them if you want, they are going to die out soon anyways.".

"Why?".

"This was my mother's garden. I kept on watering it for her thinking she would come back, but now I see it was a complete waste of my time.".He forced a smile,"I'll help you pick them out before you go.", he unlocked his house door.

"Jonghyun I".

"I don't want to talk about that right now.", he  said as they walked towards his bedroom,"I'll take a shower in the guest room you can take one in my room.".

"I'll take one in the guestroom instead.".

He then started leading him to the guestroom."Okay.", he answered as they entered the guest bedroom. He opened up the bathroom door making sure Minho had everything he needed to take a shower. "It looks like you are all set, if you need anything let me know.".

"Thank you.", he said carrying his back pack into the bathroom as he then closed the door.

Jonghyun exited the guest bedroom and went straight to his; grabbing a fresh set of clothes and underwear as he then entered the bathroom to take a shower. After he was done taking a shower he finished changing and headed out to his room to pack his stuff. He grabbed a small duffel bag from his closet and started packing.

"Do you need any help?", Minho asked as he walked in.

"No I'm almost done.".

"Don't forget to pack underwear.", Minho said as he sat down on Jonghyun's bed.

"Thanks for reminding me.", he said as he continued to fold clothes and put them in his duffel bag,"Can you grab some for me? They are in the top drawer.".

"Are you sure you want me to touch your underwear?".

"Yes, it's just underwear is no big deal.", he smirked as he decided to ,"Unless if you are a ert that is going to sniff them or something. Minho are you a ert?". He found it odd that Minho didn't respond"I was just kidding. If you don't feel comfortable getting them for me I'll get them myself.".

"Shhh!", Minho walked over to him giving him his underwear,"Do you hear that?".

Jonghyun put his underwear and clothes away as he heard police sirens,"They are probably just passing by.".

"They seem to be getting closer.", Minho walked up to the window to check,"Jonghyun come here you are going to want to see this. I think we're in trouble.".

Jonghyun rushed over to the windown,he began to worry when he saw the police car enter his driveway. "My dad probably send them.".

"But how did he know we were here?".

"He doesn't he most likely reported my car as stolen.", he sighed, as he saw the police officer get out of his car"It was the only way he had to track me down.".

"What are we going to do? I don't want to go to jail.".

"If anyone is going to jail is probably me. My dad doesn't know you are with me.", he continued to look out the window,"I wonder how they manage to track my car down.".

"Jonghyun that isn't important right now. You can get arrested.", he stated,"You need to call your dad. Let him know you are home, so he could maybe call off the cops.".

"I prefer going to prison than being here.".

"Stop talking nonsense. You need to call your dad now!", Minho yelled at him,"I don't want to go to jail.".

"You're not going anywhere, I am.".

"If you go to jail, I'm going with you. I'm not going to let you go to that awful place by yourself.".

"You don't have to go there.".

"You don't either. I know you are hurting right now, but that's not a good enough reason to mess up your life. If you go to jail you'll have a record.".

"If I call my dad, I'm going to have to stay here.', he said as his vision became unclear, silent tears started rolling down his cheek,"I don't want to see my parents. I don't want to be here completely alone, so I could frequently get reminded that Jinki isn't here with me anymore, that I no longer have a family.".

"Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about Onew, we just have to live with it.", he said as he went and got Jonghyun's cellphone from the nightstand,"Jonghyun you need to call your dad. Your parents may not love each other anymore but they still love you. If they didn't they would be out there looking for you.".

Jonghyun sniffled, wiping away his tears,"If I go to jail. You would really go with me?", he asked as he took his cellphone from Minho's hand.

"Yes, but I don't want to go so please call your dad.".

"I'm only going to call because I don't want you to go to jail.", he said as he his cellphone.

Minho smiled,"Good because I really don't want to go.".

Jonghyun called his father and he immediately answered,"Jonghyun where are you?", his father yelled at him.

"I'm at home.".

"Don't you dare leave I'll be right there.".

"I'm not going anywhere, but there is a police officer outside. Did you sent him?".

"Yes but don't worry about that. Just stay at home, I'll be there in a minute.".

Jonghyun ended the call without bothering to say goodbye,"He's on his way. He told me not to worry about the cops, so I believe he is going to call them off.".

"That's good.", he smiled,"I should probably leave before your dad gets here.".

"Minho, thank you for everything.", he walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

He broke their embrace,"I'll call you later. Good luck.".

"Are you going back home?".

"I don't know probably, but first I definitely need to go see Taemin.",he answered as he then walked out the door.

Jonghyun let himself fall back into his bed, he hated being alone in his house. It reminded him to much of Jinki, it reminded him of everything he had lost.

                                                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"Let's bake a cake for Minho.", Kyuhyun told Jinki as they entered their home.

"Minho? I don't believe I have met him.", he answered as he walked towards his bedroom.

Kyuhyun sighed upset that Jinki had started to forget"Trust me you have met him.", he said as he followed him into his bedroom.

"Is he in one of our classes?", he asked as he grabbed a shirt from his drawer.

"Not exactly, but today is his birthday. At least that what you told me.", he smiled,"Let's bake him a birthday cake to celebrate while we read all about him.".

"Read about him? You are confusing me.", he stared at him,"Can we do that later? I promised Chen and Xiumin that I would go swimming with them.".

"Are you seriously leaving?", he asked feeling a bit disappointed.

"Yes, but if talking about this Minho guy is important to you. We can talk about him after I come back.", he smiled as he entered his bathroom.

Kyuhyun went to grabbed the notebooks that Jinki had written on and brought them back into the room, hoping that he could make him stay. "Here!", he gave them to him as soon as he got out of the bathroom.

"What is this?", he asked as he walked over to his desk and put them there. 

"Just start reading!".

"Okay, I'll read it calm down.", he said as he sat down on his desk chair; grabbing one of the notebooks. "Kim Kibum.", he read his name aloud as he then immediately closed the notebook when he heard the doorbell,"That must be Chen and Xiumin. I'll read this when I come back.", he said as he stood up and walked out of the room.

"I really think you should stay!", Kyuhyun followed him out of the room.

Jinki turned around to face him,"Kyuhyun are you okay?".

"I'm fine why?".

"You been acting weird all day, you first decline to come with us. Then you want to make a bake a birthday cake for this Minho guy, and now you want me to sit here and read some notebooks.", he stated,"I really think you should come with us. Cooking class has you a bit too stressed out. You need to relax and have some fun with your friends.".

"I don't want to go.", he answered a bit annoyed,"You know you were the one who wrote on those notebooks? You are not stupid I know you can recognize your own writing.".

"I can tell I wrote it and I vaguely remember doing it last night, but that doesn't mean I have to read it right now. I really want to go with Chen and Xiumin, I'll read it when I come back.", he said as he then opened the door and left.

He walked into the kitchen disappointed that things didn't turn out the way he wanted them to. Even though Jinki wasn't there he still wanted to celebrate Minho's birthday, he took out all the ingredients that he needed out as he then proceeded to make the cake. When he was done making it he put the cake in the oven, he then walked back in to Jinki's bedroom grabbed the notebooks and took them with him to the living room. He was tempted to open them and read them, he wanted to know more about Minho since today was his birthday, but he decided not to read anything since he didn't want to invade on Jinki's privacy. Hopefully one day I'll be lucky enough to meet all of them, he thought as he stood up and walked back into the kitchen; deciding to cook other things to practice his cooking.

                                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

 Taemin was really happy that Minho actually showed up,"So did you like it?".

"It's delicious.", he said as he took another bite,"Did you make it all by yourself?".

"No, Key helped me.", he smiled as he sat down beside him; resting his head on his shoulder,"I'm really glad you are here I missed you.".

"I missed you too.", Minho smiled as he fed Taemin,"I'm really sorry I didn't call you last night.".

"You don't need to apologize I'm sure you had your reasons, I'm just really happy you are here.", he smiled as he then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"So how's Key?".

"He's been sleeping a lot but he's slowly getting better. Well at least that's what I think so.".

"That's good.".

"How's Jonghyun?".

"He's slowly getting better too.", he answered softly nudging Taemin off of him as he then stood up and went to put his plate in the dishwasher.

Taemin felt like Minho was hiding something but he decided to ignore it,"Let's cuddle for a bit in my bedroom, before you have to leave.", he grabbed Minho's hand letting him towards the bedroom.

"Actually I was thinking about spending the night here.".

"Really? You're staying?", he asked as they entered the bedroom.

"Yes unless you don't want me to.".

Taemin locked his bedroom door,"Of course I want you to stay. Did your mom unground you because it's your birthday?".

"No exactly, I kinda ran away from home.", he confessed.

"Why? What happened?", he asked as he sat down beside Minho in bed.

"Yesterday my brother came back.", he answered,"I didn't want to see him so I ran away from home.".

Taemin remember the way Minho and his mother acted when they saw a picture of Minho's brother on the family photo album. He knew there was definitely some sort of problem there,"Your mom must be having a very hard time, have you at least called her to tell her you're okay.".

"No, but I'll call her later.", he said as he laid down in the bed; pulling Taemin down with him,"I don't want to talk about my brother right now, I'm tired.",he put his arm around Taemin waist inching closer to him; nuzzling his face into his neck.

Taemin smiled;slightly blushing as he felt Minho's breath brushed against his neck. 

"I'm really happy being here with you.", he looked up at him; a smile spread across his face.

He took one look at him, he found it very attractive when he smiled. The way he stared at him sent chills up and down his spine,"I love you.".

"I love you too.", he laid his head on Taemin chest.

Taemin ran his hands through Minho's hair, he was feeling a bit depressed since Onew's disappearance but just being with Minho made everything better. He smiled as he stared at Minho who had already fallen asleep. He kept running hands through his hair, until his eyes felt heavy and he fell asleep. 

When he woke up he was surprise to see Minho was gone, he immediately got out of bed and went to go look for him. He was a bit surprise to see him cooking in the kitchen."Why didn't you wake me up?".

"You looked really peaceful, I didn't want to disturb you.", he answered as he continued to cook.

"What are you making?".

"Pasta, do you think Key will like it?".

"I'm sure he would like it.", he answered feeling a bit worried,"Key isn't eating much, he sort of lost his appetite.".

"Do you think if I take it up to his room personally he will eat it?".

"Maybe, it's worth a try.", he smiled,"Minho you said your brother came back home yesterday right?".

"Yes why?".

"If he came back home yesterday where did you spend the night?".

"In Jonghyun's car.".

"He let you borrow his car?", Taemin asked finding it a bit strange."Why didn't you come here?".

"I couldn't leave Jonghyun alone.", he turned of the stove as he then turned around to face him,"Are you hungry? Do you want me to serve you?".

"I'm not hungry!",he was starting to feel slightly jealous,"Did you spend the night with Jonghyun in his car?".

"Yes, he has a lot of stuff going on right now, so he also ran away from home.".

"So the reason you forgot to call me was because you were to busy being with him!", he was now feeling a mixture of jealousy and anger.He had always been a bit jealous of Minho's and Jonghyun's friendship,"What did you two do last night?".

"What makes you think we did anything?", he raised his voice,"Are you seriously accusing me of cheating on you?".

"When I asked you to run away with me so we could be together, you didn't want to.", he stated,"But you have no problem running away with Jonghyun. Do you like him?".

"If I liked him, I wouldn't be with you. I would be with him. I don't understand why you".

"I can tell you why you aren't with him.", he interrupted him,"The only reason why you aren't with him is because he doesn't want to be with you.".

"I'm leaving before I say something that I'm going to regret.", Minho stormed out of the kitchen.

"Why are you leaving does the truth hurt?", Taemin followed him.

"You know what hurts, you not trusting me. You claim you love me but yet you don't trust me. I blindly trust you and I have never question your love for me. I wished you would do the same.", he grabbed his book bag."And just so you know I have never cheated on you. Yes I have spend a lot of time with Jonghyun, but nothing has ever happened between us. I thought you were a good enough friend to understand that he needs me right now.".

"I need you too.", he said as he got teary eyed,"I feel like you like being with him better than you like being with me.".

"I'm really sorry you feel that way but it isn't true. I love spending time with you, but it's nearly impossible.".

"It's impossible because you don't make the effort.".

"We'll talk once you calm down. I can't deal with your jealousy.", Minho walked towards the door.

Tears started rolling down Taemin's cheeks as he  saw him leave but he didn't stop him. He felt hurt, he felt that by each passing day he and Minho became more distant. 

                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   

Minho was feeling hurt and angry, this was not what he expected his day with Taemin would end. He walked aimlessly with no destination in mind, he didn't want to return home, especially not in this state. He sat down in a bus stop bench, taking his phone out of his pocket and turning it on. He saw he had many missed calls from his mother and an unknown number, which he assumed it was most likely his brother. He read the text Taemin send him earlier that day, erasing it immediately since he didn't want to see it.

"Are you spending the night at Key's house?", he read the text that Jonghyun had just send to him.

It was already eight pm and he had no clue where he was spending the night. Not wanting to worry Jonghyun, since he already had a lot of things going on he responded with a lie,"I'm going home.".

"Can I call you?", Jonghyun immediately texted back.

Minho decided to call him himself. The phone only rang once before Jonghyun answered.

"Are you still with Taemin?".

He could tell Jonghyun was crying by the tone of his voice,"I'm not with him, I'm on my way home.".

"Can you please come over?".

He knew that Taemin would most likely get mad if he found out that he went to Jonghyun's house after fighting with him. But he didn't care, he knew the pain of having a broken family and he wasn't going to leave Jonghyun alone in a moment like this,"I'll be right there.".

"I'll unlock the gate and the door so you can enter.".

"Okay bye.", he ended the call and started heading towards Jonghyun's home. When he got there the gate was indeed open, he quietly closed the gate. Not wanting to wake up Jonghyun's father just in case he didn't know he was coming. As he got closer to the house he heard a the sound of a piano, he peeked through the window to check who it was. That's when he saw Jonghyun playing the piano; tears running down his cheeks. He walked back to the door and entered the house.

Jonghyun immediately stopped playing and ran up to him, embracing him tightly.

Minho knew the pain he was feeling, he knew that there was nothing he could say to make him feel better. Jonghyun had not only lost Onew, but he had also lost his family, he hugged him gently rubbing his back. 

They remained in each other's arms for short while,"Thank you for coming.", Jonghyun broke their embrace as he wiped away his tears. 

"You don't need to thank me.".

Jonghyun took a seat on the couch,"My mom came to see me.".

Minho sat down beside him,"Are you leaving with her, like you wanted.". He didn't want to see his friend go but he wasn't going to stop him if that was what he wanted.

"No. Apparently she is going to be traveling a lot with her fiance due to work, so I can't go with her.", he said as his bottom lip quivered,"She lied to me. The only person I was sure that loved me abandoned me.".

Hearing Jonghyun speak brought back the memories of when his father and brother left. Till this day he hand't had any contact with his father, it was like he didn't even exist."Don't cry she doesn't deserve your tears.". He could tell Jonghyun was surprised by what he said,"I'm sorry.".

"Don't be, you're right.", he sniffled,"I think my mother lied to me and my father since the beginning. I constantly blamed myself when I heard my parents arguing. I thought it was because of me, but now that I think about it I believe she was seeing her now fiance for years now. Everything is starting to make sense now, I never want to see her again.".

Minho had hoped that somehow things would had been different for Jonghyun, but he knew that there was nothing he could do to help him. "I'm not telling you to forgive her, because at the end it's your choice. But trying not to think about your mom is going to be hard. Whether you are thinking about her in a negative way or just remembering the memories you had. The pain never goes away.".

"Jonghyun what are you doing up is a school night.", Jonghyun's father interrupted them.

"I'm sorry sir, I'm leaving right now.",  Minho got up feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Do you need a ride home?".

"No thank you.", he smiled.

"Jonghyun, you got ten minutes.", his father said as he then walked away towards his office.

"I guess he didn't went to sleep when I played the piano. It usually works.", he commented. 

"I should really get going.", Minho said as he walked towards the door.

"You are more than welcome to spend the night. It's late, you'll have a lot of trouble finding a cab right now.".

"Won't your dad mind?".

"He won't find out. He leaves to work very early and in a hurry.", he stated,"Come on you can sleep in my room.".

Minho felt uneasy but he decided to stay since he had no where to go. 

Jonghyun went into his closet as soon they got to his bedroom and took out an air bed,"I'll sleep here. You can sleep in my bed.".

"I can take the airbed if you want.".

"Use my bed.", he insisted as he took out the air pump and started filling the bed with air.

Minho grabbed a change of clothes and walked into the bathroom. He quickly changed and proceeded to brush his teeth. When he walked out he saw Jonghyun was already laying on top of the air bed,"It seems like you really enjoy that air bed.".

"It's very comfy.", he said as he got off the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Minho laid down on the bed as he blankly starred up at the ceiling. He couldn't stop thinking about his brother and Taemin, he felt trapped. He had no clue about what to do.

"So how was your visit with Taemin? Did you have fun?", Jonghyun turned off the lights as he then got on the air bed.

Minho didn't want Jonghyun to think badly of Taemin,"Everything went fine. He baked me a cake.".

"You are so rude, why didn't you bring me a slice.".

"I didn't know I was going to end up here, besides I completely forgot to bring a slice for myself.", he let out a small chuckle."If you are hungry I still got pop tarts.", he .  They continued to talk about the most random things, with the intention of avoiding the pain that they were feeling. 

                                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   

Jinki yawned feeling a bit tired as he got home. He went straight towards the kitchen since he saw Kyuhyun was there eating some cereal,"Why are you eating cereal when there is perfectly good cake here.", he cut a small piece of the cake that Kyuhyun had out.

Kyuhyun didn't answer as he continued to eat his cereal.

 He took a small bite of the cake then spit it out,"I see why you are eating cereal.".

"Did you had fun?".

He nodded,"Yes, you should have came. It would have been better with you there.".

"Maybe next time, I'm going to bed. Have a good night.", he said as he put his bowl in the kitchen sink and walked away.

Jinki followed closed behind, stopping right in his track when he spotted the notebooks Kyuhyun wanted him to read in the living room. He vaguely remembered what happened yesterday, he knew that he was indeed the one who wrote on those notebooks but he didn't remember why. He sat down on the couch grabbing the first notebook; his hand slightly shaking as he opened it. "Kim Kibum, age eighteen. The most beautiful human being on the planet, my soulmate, my forever.", he read aloud. He had no idea who Kibum was but based on what he wrote he could tell he was important. He continued reading in hopes that he could remember something, in hoped that he could feel something. 

"Good morning.", Kyuhyun walked out of his bedroom.

Jinki hadn't realized that it was morning. He had stayed up reading through the night,"Kyuhyun I don't feel anything. What's wrong with me?".

He yawned as he walked towards,"What do you mean.".

"I read the notebooks you wanted me to read. Well mostly Kibum's part, but I don't feel anything. I could tell by what I wrote that he meant a lot to me but I don't feel anything.", he started to cry,"All I feel is guilt for not remembering him, for not feeling the same way I did when I wrote this.".

"It's not your fault. It's this place, like I told you before the longer you stay here the more it effects you. Look at Chen and Xiumin they live day by day not caring about who they used to be or who their human was. I don't think they even remember that they once had a human".

"Why do you remember? You been here longer than them?".

"I don't know why I remember certain things, maybe the fact that I am still connected to my human is what is keeping me from forgetting everything.", he smiled,"Don't worry about anything I'm sure that when you see your friends you'll feel something. You have too.".

"I'm not like you, I'm not connected to Kibum at all. If I don't get out of here soon, I'll be just like them.".

"I won't let that happen to you. We need to work hard to meet the requirements we need to get out of here.".

Jinki nodded in agreement. He didn't want to completely lose himself,"Tell me everything that I need to do and I'll do it.".

                                                           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N:Well that does it for this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for making you all wait so long and thank you for your patience, I'll see you all in the next chapter.