Back To School

Guardian Angel

A/N:Thank you reading, commenting and subscribing. I first want to apologize for such a late update, a few things came up... I'm also very sorry for any grammar/ spelling mistakes I might of miss due to being tired. I should really stop typing at night...Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter

                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key buried his head on the pillow and wept. Just hearing Onew's voice over the phone made his heart ache. He felt empty and alone all day, he missed having him around. He immediately wiped again his tears when he heard a knock on the door."Come in.".

"Why are you crying? Do you have a stomach ache?", his mother asked him when she walked into his room.

"I just have something in my eye, and no I don't have a stomach ache", he replied as he began to get annoyed. He wanted his mother to get out of his room, he just wanted to be left alone.

"You didn't eat dinner at all, are you sure you're feeling well?".

"I'm okay.", he replied.

"You don't look well.", she commented,"Let me bring you some tea, it will make you feel better.".

Key didn't bother to tell his mother he didn't want anything at all. His mother was stubborn and he knew she wouldn't listen. Key hated when she acted like a caring mother; she had left him completely alone for over a year, and she just brushed it off like it never happen. He felt very lonely every time his parents left, but that all changed when Onew entered his life. Now he wished his parents would leave so he could be alone with Onew again. He missed having him constantly by his side, his bed seemed empty and cold without him. Just then a bright light illuminated part of his bedroom, it was the same bright light he saw when Onew first appeared in his life. The light soon vanished; Key walked towards his balcony where the source of the light came from. He felt warm, and protected like when he was wrapped up in Onew's arms. He only felt that way when he was near him, his heart beat rapidly when he saw him standing outside his balcony; he immediately opened the door to let him in. "Onew", he called out his angelic name as he embraced him tightly; a few tears running down his cheeks.

"I missed you so much.", he said as he broke their embraced to wipe away Key's tears.

"I missed you too.", he responded; looking down as he blushed. Key felt special he couldn't believe Onew actually came, just to see him.

Onew raised Key's head up with his index finger as he traced Key's bottom lip with his thumb; slowly leaning in.

Key completely forgot about his mother; closing his eyes in anticipation as he felt his warm breath against his lips. A rush of heat slowly spread throughout his body as Onew's lips brushed against his own. Their mouths moved in harmony, as if they couldn't get enough of each other. Key introduced his tongue into his mouth as he led him towards his bed. Key slightly nibbled on his body lip as they parted; pushing him on to his bed. He straddled him a smirked forming on his lips; a light glow started to radiate from Onew. He found it odd but adorable at the same time; a tinge of red visible on Onew's cheeks, as the were both slightly out of breath starring into each others eyes. Key leaned in once again pressing his lips against Onew's; he tilted his head tracing his lips with his tongue, deepening the kiss as his lips parted. Onew's tongue was soft and sweet as it brushed against his own.

"Kibum, can you please open the door my hands are kinda full.", his mother said from the other side of the door. 

Key pulled away and got off of Onew. "Coming, just give me a few seconds.", he answered.

"Hurry, I don't want it to get cold.", she answered.

"That's your mother, I want to meet her.", he said as he got out of bed.

Key stopped him before he reached the door."You can't meet her, she would freak out. Specially since your glowing.". Key was extremely anxious,"You need to go now.".

"Why? I want to be with you, I'm in love with you.", he confessed.

"Who are you talking to? Is everything okay in there?", his mother asked.

Key noticed the doorknob started to move,"I can't be with you right now. I need you to leave.". Key stated as he led him to the balcony.

"I'm sorry I came. It wasn't my intention to make you feel uncomfortable or get you in trouble.", he said as he spread his wings,"Have a goodnight.".

"Make me feel uncomfortable.", Key found what Onew said odd as he watched him fly away. He put the whole situation behind him as his mom walked through the door.

"What are you doing standing in the balcony?", his mother asked as she sat in his desk chair.

" I just wanted some fresh air.", he answered,"So where's the tea?".

"You weren't opening the door so I left it in a tray by the door. Go get it.".

Key drank all his tea immediately before reentering his room,"Thanks for the tea. I really need to go to bed now.".

"I was hoping we could talk.", she stood giving him a kiss on the cheek,"We'll talk tomorrow have a goodnight.".

"Goodnight.", he said before locking his bedroom door. Key laid in bed with a huge smile on his face, he couldn't believe Onew just kissed him. "Did he said he loved me or that he was in love with me? He asked himself; replaying the kiss over and over again in his head. For the first time ever he was looking forward to go to school. He didn't care that his bullies were going to be there all he cared about was seeing Onew again. Key wanted to call Jonghyun to make sure Onew made it back okay but he decided not to since it was late; he turned off all the bedroom lights and went to bed.

As soon as Key woke up he took a shower and headed towards the kitchen,"Good morning.", he smiled as he prepared himself a bowl of cereal.

"You seem happy this morning.", his mother commented.

"I'm extremely happy this morning.", he answered as he then began to eat his cereal.

"Can you two please be quiet.", his father interrupted them as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Sorry sir.", Key responded as he then continued to eat his cereal. As he watched his bowl his phone vibrated in his pocket; he dried his hands and took out his phone.

"We're outside.", he read Jonghyun text.

Key found it quite odd that Jonghyun didn't get out of his car like he usually did. "I'm going to school.".

"Have a good day Kibum.", his mother said without bothering to look up.

Key grabbed his book bag and walked out the door. He felt slightly jealous when he saw Onew sitting besides Jonghyun in the car; since he usually always sat in the back. "Good morning.", he said as he sat in the back.

"Good Morning.", Jonghyun answered as he began to drive."You actually seem happy to come to school today.".

"I slept well.", he lied not wanting to hurt Jonghyun feelings, since he suspected that he had a crush on Onew. 

"Well I'm glad at least one of us did.", Onew replied.

Key sighed he didn't think that Onew would get mad for what he said, he thought Onew would be as happy as he was since their kiss last night.

"I slept alright.", Jonghyun commented .

Key smiled he really didn't know what to say, he could tell Onew was mad at him. "What did you two have for breakfast?", he asked since he knew Onew loved talking about food.

"We ate some french toast.", Jonghyun answered as he parked his car.

"Onew are you mad at me?", Key decided to ask.

"I could never be mad at you, I'm your guardian angel.", he smiled before running off to go with Minho.

"Was he acting like this the whole morning?", he asked Jonghyun.

"Not at all its quite weird actually. He was happily humming as he ate his french toast, it was very cute actually.", Jonghyun smiled.

Key felt extremely jealous,"I know exactly what you mean.".

"I'm so glad we are back at school.", Minho commented.

"Where's Taemin?", Jonghyun asked.

"He's at the office.", Minho replied.

"We should get to class.", Key said as he put his books in his locker.

"There still some time left.", Jonghyun commented.

Key completely ignored Jonghyun and grabbed Onew's hand,"Let's go.". He didn't want Jonghyun to be near Onew; they had spent all morning together. He just wanted to be alone with Onew, he didn't feel like sharing him with anyone else.

Onew freed himself from Key's grasped,"I'm going to head back, there is still some time before class.".

"Fine I didn't know you like being with Jonghyun that much.".

"I do enjoy my friends company, besides I want to know how Taemin first session went with the school's psychologist.", he said before walking away.

Key felt disappointed at himself for letting jealousy cloud his judgement. He wanted to go back to be with his friends but he felt to embarrassed and guilty to do so. He just waited alone near his classroom for the bell to ring. He scanned the whole hall a bit nervous hoping his bullies wouldn't show up. He felt relieve and he saw Minho and Onew approaching.

"Why didn't you return with Onew?", Minho asked as they all walked in to class.

"I have some stuff to do.", he lied.

"No one bothered you right?", Onew asked.

"No, thankfully I haven't seen those guys at all today. Maybe they just decided not to come to school.", Key stated.

"I really hope so.", Minho said as he and Onew went to their seats.

"Since when are you friends with Minho?", Luna asked Key.

"Does it really matter?".

"No, but I'm starting to believe the rumors are true.", she smiled.

"What rumors?", Key asked as he turned around on his seat to face her, hoping no one discovered Onew was an angel.

"That the handsome Jinki over there totally beat the crap out of those guys that always bug you. I actually thought they were false since they said Minho was involved in the whole thing with you, Jinki and Jonghyun.", she stated,"But now that I see you talking to Minho, I'm starting to believe their true.".

"I don't want to talk about it.".

"Fine we won't talk about it, but can you please introduce me to Minho.", she begged.

"Do you have a crush on Minho?", Key asked.

"No! He is handsome but Jinki is more my type.", she smiled,"My friend Victoria has had a crush on Minho for the passed three years, I just want to introduce them to one another.".

"I don't like playing matchmaker.".

"You don't have to do anything just introduce me to him okay.".

"I rather not get involved, you should just tell your friend to talk to him. He's a really nice guy.", he informed her.

"But he never talks to anyone, except for you, Jinki and I guessing Jonghyun.", she sighed.

"Quiet down class.", the teacher said as she entered the room."Kibum, Minho, Jinki I'm so glad to have you back, please stay after class.".

Kibum smiled as the teacher then started her lesson. Key wasn't paying much attention to the lecture his mind wonder off. He couldn't stop thinking about Onew, he knew he was mad for something he did but Key couldn't out what it was. Whatever it was he wanted to fixed it as soon as possible. Right when the bell rang Minho, Onew and Key picked up the assignments they mixed from their teacher and went on to the next class. In every class they went they kept on giving them assignments; Onew was talking to him a bit more calmly now, key was glad that whatever their problems was it would soon be over. It was finally lunch time walked along with Onew and Minho to his locker.

"Guess who?", Jonghyun covered Key's eyes.

"Jonghyun you know I can recognize your voice right?", Key laughed.

"I know I just felt like doing that. So where are we going? The cafeteria is that way?", he said.

"I need to get a book for my next class. You guys can go to the cafeteria I'll meet you guys there.", Key said.

"We can wait, the line is kinda long right now anyway.", Jonghyun said.

"Where's Taemin?", Minho asked.

"He's in the music room, he had to stay a bit after class.", Jonghyun informed him.

Key began to cry when he opened his locker, his textbooks were completely ruined; profanity was written across his locker. 

"It's okay.", Onew embraced Key as he rubbed his back. 

Jonghyun immediately closed Key's locker,"They'll pay for this.", he closed his hand into a fist.

"Calm down.", Minho said,"We can show them that it effected us, if we do they'll continue to bug Key. It's better to pretend that nothing happen.".

"You're right they just want to get a rise out of us.", Jonghyun agreed.

Onew wiped away Key tears and gave him a kiss on the forehead,"Everything is going to be alright.".

Key smiled completely feeling love and protected in Onew's arms.

                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Jonghyun knew that Key needed comfort, he felt like a bad friend for being jealous of their embraced. After they got their lunch Jonghyun sat beside Onew as he quietly ate his lunch. He occasionally looked over at Onew and Key, knowing for a fact that he would never be as close to Onew as Key was. 

"Sorry I'm late.", Taemin said as he sat beside Minho.

"Better late than never.", Minho smiled.

"Did the teacher gave you a passing grade?", Jonghyun asked.

"Yes.", Taemin smiled,"She told me you composed the song I played, you really have talent. I loved it.".

"Thank you.", Jonghyun smiled. 

"I didn't know you composed music.", Onew smiled,"I really want to hear you play.".

"When it comes to composing music Jonghyun is the best.", Key stated.

"I'll play you one of my songs when we get home.", Jonghyun promised.

"I can't wait.", Onew hugged him.

Jonghyun smiled; slightly blushing as he embraced him back. He broke the hug immediately when he saw Key was glaring at him,"I'm going to go to the music room, I'll see you guys later.".

"Do you want me to come along with you?", Taemin asked.

"No, its fine eat your lunch.", he smiled. Jonghyun threw the remainder of his food in the trash. By the way Key glared at him, he was now certain that his best friend also had a crush on Onew. As soon as he arrived in the music room, he began to play the piano; tears running down his cheeks. Jonghyun had lost all hope of ever being with Onew.

"Are you alright?".

Jonghyun wiped away his tears,"Key what are you doing here? Are you okay? Did something happen?".

"Everything is fine.", he answered as he sat beside him,"Why were you crying? It's because of me right?".

"Of course not, you didn't do anything.", Jonghyun answered,"Did anyone else come with you?".

"No, they stayed in the cafeteria.", he answered,"Just forget about everyone else, we need to have a serious talk.".

"If it's about Onew we have nothing to talk about. You don't need to worry about me I won't get in your way, Onew and I are just friends.".

"I know you like him don't lie to me.", Key stated.

Jonghyun began to get teary eyed,"I haven't been a good friend Key. I was happy when you sent Onew to live with me, I thought I actually had a chance him. But all he did was think about you, so it  really doesn't matter, if I like him or not. I realize today that Onew and I could never be together. You two have an inseparable bond, it's something that I can't compete with.".

"I'm sorry.", Key wiped away his tears,"I thought you just had a small crush on him, I didn't know you actually loved him. I'm very sorry it wasn't my intention to hurt you, I was just think about Onew without considering how you felt. I understand if you no longer want him to live with you".

"Is alright we both wanted to protect Onew.",he stated,"I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't hurt me to hear him talk about you, but it feels nice to have him around it makes me happy. I just hope that this doesn't affect us being friends.". 

"Nothing will ever stop me from being your friend, even if Onew chooses to be with you.", Key hugged him.

"He already chose you, he visited you last night,", Jonghyun stated,"and please don't tell me what happened between you two I don't want to know.".

"To be honest it doesn't matter what happen last night. Onew mad at me, I have no idea what I did but he is really mad at me.".

"I'm sure he'll get over it soon.", Jonghyun said,"Do you want to hear the song I've been working on?".

"I'll love to, I really need a little pick me up. My mom is going to be mad at me once she finds out she is going to have to replace all those textbooks.", Key sighed,"I'm kinda glad those guys ruined my books and locker instead of hitting me.".

"I think they're probably afraid of Onew.", Jonghyun laughed as he then started to play the piano for Key.

                                           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

It was already after school and Taemin was waiting for Minho outside the school gates. The school was practically empty now, but there was still no sight of Minho. Taemin was beginning to worry that Minho had forgotten about their date.

"Sorry I'm late, I went to tune in some assignments that I manage to complete in my free period.", he informed him.

"It's okay, I'm just happy that you didn't forget about me.".

"I can't stop thinking about you since yesterday. I've actually been looking forward to this all day.",Minho confessed.

Taemin turned a light shade of red,"I've been looking forward to this all day too.". 

Minho held Taemin's hand as they walked; their fingers intertwined with one another."You look really cute today.", Minho complimented him.

"Thank you.", Taemin rested his head on his shoulder. He could tell Minho was nervous he was quieter than usual and his palm was really sweaty."So what do you like besides soccer?", Taemin asked as he tried to make Minho a bit less nervous.

"You.", he answered immediately letting go of Taemin's hand,"Let's reschedule our date for tomorrow, I really need to go.". 

"Wait, I really like you too. Please don't leave, I'm really glad you said that you like me. To be honest I felt like I kinda forced you to go on a date with me.", he admitted,"But hearing that you actually like me, makes me very happy.".

"Don't worry you didn't force me into anything, I genuinely do like you.", he confessed,"I just don't want to rush into things.".

"Minho you need to stop pushing me away, I like you, and you like me. I don't understand why we can't be together.", Taemin said,"Is it because I'm a boy? Are you embarrassed to be in love with me.".

"No, it has nothing to do with your gender. I really do like you Taemin, but I can't be in a relationship that isn't going to go anywhere.".

"Why do you think that? I think we're perfect for one another.", Taemin wanted to cry, but he held back the tears.

"It doesn't matter, your parents would never let you be with a guy like me. I have nothing to offer you. I'm pretty sure they probably want you to be with some rich girl, not a poor guy like me.".

"I don't care what my parents say, I'm no longer going to listen to what they say. Besides I don't care that you're poor I like you. Money really doesn't matter to me.", he stated,"Please give us a chance.".

Minho smiled and nodded,"I really do like you, and I want to be with you. Will you allow me to be your boyfriend?".

"Nothing would make me happier than having you as my boyfriend.", Taemin wrapped his arms around Minho's neck and gave him quick kiss on the lips."Let's go get our ice cream so we can go back to your house.". 

When they arrive at the ice cream shop, they both ordered cookie dough chocolate chip ice cream; Minho payed as they then took a seat. "if you don't like this flavor you can get another one.". 

"No, this flavor is perfect. It's one of my favorites.".

"Mine too.", Minho admitted."Just so you know once we get to my house, all we are going to do is homework.".

"That's fine, I understand you have a lot to catch up on.", he smirked,"But this coming weekend is going to be different. It's just going to be me and you.".

Minho chuckled,"Fine I'll give you the whole weekend, no interruptions.".

"You're Minho right?", a girl asked him.

How does this girl know Minho's name? Who is she? He wondered to himself. Taemin eyed her up and down; he really thought she was beautiful. He began to feel slightly nervous and jealous. 

"Yes I'm Minho, and you are?".

"I'm Victoria.", she introduced herself as she sat beside him."We go to the same school.".

"Do I have you in any of my classes?", he asked her,"I'm sorry but I don't really recognize you.".

"I'm not in any of your classes but my friend Luna is. She's friends with Key", she smiled."Well we were wondering if maybe you and your friend here wanted to come and hang out with us.".

Taemin could tell this girl was interested in Minho; she never even looked his way or asked him for his name. All of her attention was only on Minho. "We have a ton of homework to do, maybe another day.", Taemin interrupted their talk as he grabbed Minho's hand.

"It was nice meeting you Victoria, but Taemin is right I have a lot of homework to do.", he smiled as he walked off with Taemin.

                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"Thank you for playing the piano for me, I really enjoyed it.", Onew said as he stood by the guest bedroom door.

"I'm glad.", Jonghyun smiled,"Well I hope you have a goodnight.".

"Goodnight.", Onew smiled before entering the bedroom. 

"Can we talk?", Amber appeared in front of him.

"Don't worry, I am not going to sleep with Jonghyun tonight.".

"Actually I came to asked you for a favor.", she said as she sat on the corner of Onew's bed.

Onew sat beside her,"I thought you said you no longer wanted me to help you out with Jonghyun.".

"Well you're the only one I can turn to. You're the only one that can fix this.", she stated,"But first why have you been sad all day? Did something happened?".

"Being away from Key yesterday made me realize that I loved him beyond my angelic bond with him. So I decided to listen to Kai and I kissed him. Unfortunately when I confessed my love to him. He told me he couldn't be with me, and forced me to leave.", he told her,"You were right an angel should never give in to carnal desires. Key just sees me as his guardian angel and nothing more.".

"I'm sorry.", Amber tried to hug him but she just past straight to him,"I now definitely know this isn't the right time to ask, but like I said you're the only one that can help me.". 

"What do you need? Is Jonghyun okay?".

"He will be fine if you say yes.", she stated,"This isn't easy for me at all, but everything I try isn't working. You're the only one that can fix Jonghyun, I can no longer watch him suffer. As soon as you left last night to be with Key, Jonghyun broke down. He cried himself to sleep last night, he cried at school. He's even crying right now. I know I'm breaking a rule by telling you all this but my Jonghyun is in love with you." Amber knelt down before Onew,"Please skip school tomorrow with Jonghyun, don't contact Key, Minho or Taemin. Just spent all day with Jonghyun , please just give him a chance. I know your in love with Key and what I'm asking of you its really unfair, but I'm sure if you just focus on Jonghyun you could learn to love him.".

"Get up, don't ever kneel before me.", Onew said,"To be honest I don't know what to tell you. I just got my heart broken so I understand what Jonghyun is going through, all day I've been pretending to be okay, I've been pretending I was happy. I don't think Jonghyun would want me around him while I'm all sad.".

"Please Onew just give him a chance. You have nothing to lose, I'm positive Jonghyun will make you happy again. Let him love you, he could give you the love Key can't".

"All of this feels wrong but okay, I'll give Jonghyun a chance and spent all day with him tomorrow.", Onew said. He decided to listen to Amber to try to heal his own broken heart and to make Jonghyun happy.

"Thank you I know you won't regret this. I won't be there with you and Jonghyun tomorrow. It's really just going to be the two of you.",she informed him,"Starting tonight I'll watch over Key, you can go sleep with Jonghyun.".

"That isn't really neccessary.".

"It's midnight in two hours, you have to be with him all day remember.", she smiled."You know the day  starts at midnight.".

"Fine I'll go but only because I really don't like sleeping alone.". 

"Bye have a goodnight and please take really good care of my Jonghyun. I promise I'll take very good care of Key.", she smiled before she disappeared.

Onew made his way to Jonghyun's bedroom and slightly knocked on the door.

"I'm coming, wait a seconds.", Jonghyun voice crack.

When Jonghyun opened the door, onew could tell that he had been crying. He embraced him in a hug,"Jonghyun can I sleep with you?".

"I don't think that is a good idea."

Onew could tell Jonghyun was trying to push him away."Jonghyun I really want to sleep with you. I also want to spent all day with you tomorrow.".

"Are you feeling sick?", he asked as he placed his hand on Onew's forehead.

"I'm fine. I'm not sick at all. Let's skip school just the two of us, so we can spent all day together.".

Jonghyun smiled,"You really want to spent all day with me? Just the two of us.".

Onew nodded as he walked into Jonghyun bedroom and laid down in his bed."Yes just two two of us.".

"Okay we'll skip school tomorrow.", he said as he laid down beside Onew.

Onew wrapped his arms around him. He felt slightly better, Jonghyun warmth soothe him. It was very different from Key's but it still made him feel good. Onew felt bad, he felt like he was using Jonghyun to make himself feel better. He pushed all his guilt and thoughts aside; he cuddled with Jonghyun until he fell asleep.

                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: I really hope you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them. I'll see you all in the next chapter 15...