Watermelon

Guardian Angel

A/N: This is chapter 2 of Guardian Angel, I hope you enjoy it... Also thank you for commenting and subcribing, it meant a lot to me. Also I want to apologize for updating it a bit later than expecting it, some stuff came up, and I had to update my other stories first. Sorry...please enjoy.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key broke free of Onew's embrace as he slightly pushed him away. "It's Jonghyun! You have to hide.", Key instructed him.

Onew pouted, "Why? I always wanted to meet him." Onew walked towards the front door.

Key walked passed Onew and stood in front of the door blocking it, "You can't! Not with those wings, can you hide them?".

"Yes I think so, but I forgot how.", he confessed. 

"Key who's in there with you? Who are you talking to?", Jonghyun asked from the other side of the door.

"No one.", he answered as he pushed Onew into his bedroom.

"I'm not no one, I'm your Guardian Angel.",Onew said.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry.", Key said, "I just need to figure out what I am going to tell Jjong before you meet him."

"Tell him the truth, tell him I'm your angel.", Onew insisted.

"Be quiet okay, I need to think.", Key said as he began to feel anxious.

"Key are you alright?", he heard Jonghyun ask.

"I'm fine!", he yelled, "I'll be right there Jjong.".

"I'm coming in.", Jonghyun said.

Key heard his front door creek as Jonghyun opened it. Key knew he had to get rid of Onew fast, he had no explanation about Onew's presence here. "Onew I need you to go get me some watermelon.", Key blurted out the first thing that came into his mind.

"I can't leave you alone," Onew said, "Besides watermelons are out of season."

"Just go please, I'm not going to school today. I'm staying home,",he lied knowing Jonghyun wouldn't let him miss another day.

"Key are you in your bedroom? I'm coming in.", Jonghyun said.

"Leave now!", Key said as he heard Jonghyun footstep get closer.

"Okay.", Onew walked up to Key's balcony window and fully spread his wings.

Key stood there completely memorize at how beautiful Onew looked, the glow that surrounded him was almost blinding. As Onew began to move his wings, a gust of air with a sweet smell penetrated Key's nostrils. Key ran to his balcony, he stood there as he saw Onew disappear into the sky.

"What was that blinding light?", Jonghyun asked as he walked outside to the balcony.

"I-I-I had my lamp light on.", he lied.

"Oh okay,", Jonghyun shrugged, "so who where you talking to earlier?".

"My mom, she finally called me.", he answered.

"How is she?", he asked.

"Great everything is great.", he said pushing Jonghyun out of his bedroom. "Let me get ready before we are late to school.", he said as he headed to his bathroom to take a shower. After he got out of the shower and changed, he walked out to his balcony once more. He looked up at the sky as he looked for Onew. He should've been back by now, he thought to himself as he began to worry.

"Key are you ready?", he heard Jonghyun asked.

"Yes I'm coming.", he replied leaving the balcony door open so Onew could walk in.

As Jonghyun drove them to school, he was telling Key some story about band practice. Key tuned him out on occasion, he was just to worried about Onew to actually pay attention. What if someone discovered who Onew was? What is someone took him to experiment on him? Key was full of worry and unanswered questions.

"Key what's wrong? We arrived five minutes ago.", Jonghyun said. 

"I'm sorry," he replied, "Don't worry I'm fine come on lets go.".

"If you say so.", Jonghyun said as he and Key walked into the campus, "Key I need turn in this paper, come with me please.".

"Alright.", Key answered as he followed Jonghyun. Key decided to wait outside of Jonghyun class instead of going in with him. He was so distracted thinking about Onew, that he didn't notice his bullies approached him.

"Hello Kibum.", the tall boy said as he pushed him to the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?", Jonghyun said as he helped Key up.

"Forget about it Jjong, lets just go.", Key said as he tried to pull Jonghyun away.

"Jonghyun listen to Kibum and stay out of it. It doesn't concern you.", The chubby boy said.

Jonghyun got in his face, "It does concern me because he is my friend! You and all of your friends better stay away from Kibum. Don't talk to him, don't ever touch him, or you'll have to deal with me.".

"Come on guys lets go.", the tall one of the group said as they all left.

"Kibum. Why didn't you tell me they will still bothering you!", he said.

By the expression on Jonghyun face he could tell he was mad, "I'm sorry Jjong, I'm sorry that I made you mad or frustrated.", Key sighed,"I just didn't want you to get in trouble. With your dad being the principal, I know you get it twice as hard.".

Jonghyun smiled, "I can't stay mad at you for to long, and besides you're right, my dad its a bit tough on me." Jonghyun the laughed, "But it also has its perks, you saw how fast they left."

"I know but I won't forgive myself is something happens to you.", Key smiled at his bestfriend. His smiled quickly faded away, when Onew came into his mind.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Onew had been all over South Korea, and he still didn't find a watermelon that was good enough to present to Key. All he got out of his exploration of the whole country, was weird looks from people that stared at his wings. Onew was not ashamed of his wings, it was the third thing he loved most. Of course Key was the first, and the big man upstairs came in second. He was know starting to understand why Key wanted him to hide them. As he made his way towards Japan , he tried to remember what the almighty one told him about hiding his wings. Once he got to Japan he looked to see which will be the best place to land. He decided to land near some Farms where they had a little Farmers market going on. He walked around hoping to find the perfect watermelon for Key.

"You're an angel, aren't you?", a five year old boy with ragged clothing asked.

"Yes.", Onew confessed proudly.

"Can you help me? I'm very hungry, I really want an apple.", the boy said.

"I'll be glad to help.", he smiled, "Wait right here." Onew walked over to a fruit stall and grab a dozen apples. "Here.", Onew said as he handed them over.

"Thank you.", the boy said as he ran away with his apples.

"I hope you are going to pay for those.", the old stall owner approached him.

"Sorry I don't have any money, but I can offer you this.", Onew said giving a hug to the old man.

The old man broke the hug, "I got to say that was the best hug I've ever received."

Onew smiled feeling extremely gleeful, "Its there anything else I can do for you?".

"As a matter of fact yes.", the old man answered, "You see that tree over there, well my cat is stuck and I can't seem to get him down. Can You help me?"

Onew smiled and nodded, "I'll get your cat down safely.", Onew walked over to the large tree and looked up as he try to spot the cat. When he finally spotted it he called the cat, the cat then immediately jumped into Onew's arms. He petted the cat on his way back, Onew had never held anything so soft and fluffy before. He smiled in astonishment as the cat purred and cuddle in his arms. "Here's your cat.", Onew said as he sadly handed over to his owner.

"Thank you young man.", The old man said as he petted his cat, "So what's with the wings? Who are you cosplaying as?".

"Cosplaying.", Onew repeated the word as he tried to figure out what it had to do with his wings, " I don't know what cosplaying means, but the wings are mine. Bye.". Onew took of into the air as he continued on his search for a watermelon.

Why does my tummy hurt he asked himself as he looked over Japan. Onew then spotted an old woman trying to put her fruits and vegetables into her car. he quickly landed nearby and walked over to her, "Do you need help?".

"It will be greatly appreciated.", she answered. 

After Onew finished placing all her items into the car he walked over to her with a smile, "All done, please drive safely.".

"Thank you so much.", the old woman said, "Please wait right here." 

Onew silently waited, as he then saw the old woman come back carrying a huge watermelon. He immediately walked over and took it off her hands, "I'm sorry did I place it on the wrong place. Where do you need it to go?".

"I'm giving it to you.", the old woman smiled, "I know they are not in season, but it was grown with lots of love."

"Thank you so much.", Onew hugged her using his wings as he tightly held on to the watermelon, "This is exactly what I needed." Onew then took to the skies again as he headed home. 

It was about nine o'clock pm when Onew entered Key's room. He was immediately greeted with a hug from Key.

"Where were you?", Key asked with tears in his eyes,"I thought I lost you."

Onew felt really happy and at peace, when he was with Key. "The watermelon, the watermelon is about to fall.", Onew said as he held onto tightly.

Key grabbed the watermelon and threw it on his bed, "Who cares about the watermelon.".

Key hugged him once more as Onew embraced him tightly both with his hands and wings. "That's odd.", Onew said breaking the hug.

"Whats going on? Are you hurt?". Key asked.

"A little", Onew admitted, "My tummy hurts and it keeps on making this weird noises. I though it was because I wasn't with you,but I don't think thats it.".

Key laughed,"You're hungry. Don't tell me you haven't eaten at all.".

"I have to eat?", Onew asked.

"Yes.", Key replied, "Don't you angels eat like some type of angel food or something."

"No.", Onew shook his head, "I guess my squishy body needs to eat. I know lets eat some watermelon, it was grown with love.".

Key chuckled, "I believe its a bit late for watermelon. Besides what took you so long."

"Well there wasn't one, perfect enough for you here in South Korea. So I went to Japan.", he smiled, "Its not the best watermelon, but like I said it was grown with love. So can we please have some?".

"You went all the way to Japan for a watermelon?", Key sighed, "Fine I'll cut you some slices."

As they walked into the kitchen, Key got his knife so he could cut the watermelon. Onew started at Key fascinated as he cut into it. Onew was so happy that he began to sing.

"What are you singing?", Key asked.

"I'm making a watermelon song.", he responded.

"Sing later, and eat.", Key smiled as he handed Onew some watermelon slices.

Onew quickly began to eat it, "It's delicious Key. It's the best thing I ever ate.".

"It's the only thing you ever ate.", Key laughed as he ate a small slice himself. "Tomorrow is Saturday, I'll cook you the best breakfast, lunch and dinner.".

"Okay.", Onew smiled, "But can we also have watermelon.".

"Yes Onew, you'll get to eat watermelon too." Key said, " Trust me after you finished eating tomorrow, watermelon won't be your favorite food anymore.".

Onew stomach ache was gone, as he happily continued to eat his watermelon.

After they finished eating their slices Key asked Onew to help him move some blankets into another bedroom. "Who's sleeping here?", Onew asked.

"You are.", Key answered.

"What! I can't I need to be with you, I need to protect you.", Onew said.

"I'll be in the next room, nothing will happen,", Key said, "Besides I was alone all day and I'm fine.".

Onew vision started to blur, "You don't need me anymore?" He quickly crouched down into the floor wrapping his wings around himself as he began to silently cry. He didn't want Key to see him this way, he was supposed to protect him, yet he left him alone all day. Onew felt disappointed at himself and a bit scared. If he wasn't here to protect Key, why was he here for.".

"Onew I do need you.", Key said, "All day I felt alone and vulnerable. I felt like a part of me was missing, I felt incomplete. To be honest I felt more alone than usual, everything scared me, I felt unprotected. It was my fault for sending you away. I just wanted you to have your own bed, you had a very long and tiring day because of me, I just wanted you to rest well. I just told you I was fine so you wouldn't worry about me. I need you more than anyone.".

"Really?", Onew asked as he slowly began to open his wings again.

"I'm being completely honest for the first time today.", he replied, "Onew you can sleep with me."

Onew smiled and hugged Key, "Thank you."

"Come on Onew help me carry this back.", Key said.

Onew help Key take all the blankets back into Key's bedroom.

"Do you want me to set up an air bed or do you want to sleep in my bed?", Key asked.

"I want to sleep in your bed with you.", Onew quickly answered, "I always lay in bed with you."

"Alright then, lets go to sleep I'm tired.", Key said as he turned of all the lights and headed to bed.

Onew quickly got into bed as well, he then wrapped his arms and wings around Key.

"Onew what are you doing?",Key asked.

"Trying to sleep for the first time.", he admitted, "I think my squishy body needs this.".

"I mean why are you hugging me?",Key asked.

"I was wrapped myself around you when you sleep, besides now I'm going to be sleeping too. I just need you to be protected while you sleep, this is the best way trust me.", Onew answered.

"Okay.",Key yawned and got closer to Onew, cuddling into his chest.

Onew snuggled up to Key making sure he and Key were both warm and covered. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well I hope you enjoyed chapter 2, please comment and subcribe if you havent. It will mean a lot to me, thank you for reading and I'll see you all in chapter 3...