Awkward Welcome

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you for reading and subscribing, I hope you enjoy this chapter... Also I typed this at night again so please forgive me for any grammar/spelling mistakes...

                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun looked over at Onew as he drove home. He could tell the angel was depress he wasn't feeling the breeze like he usually did he just silently stared out the window. "It's only temporary you'll be back with Key soon.", he broke the silence as he tried to make him feel better.

"I know.", his voice crack.

Jonghyun noticed Onew was silently crying, as a few drops ran down his cheek. He felt a bit conflicted he was happy to have Onew with him, but seeing him and Key so hurt made him unhappy. Jonghyun parked his car on the side of the road and leaned over to embrace him; rubbing his back to comfort him."I know you miss him but look at the bright side you'll see him tomorrow at school.", he stated as he wiped away his tears.

"I forgot Key's blanket.", he whimpered,"Can we go back?".

Jonghyun noticed how heartbroken Key was before he left, he knew if they went back it was just going to hurt Key and Onew even more. "I have an extra blanket for you to use.".

"But I want that one.", he pouted,"It smells like Key.".

"We can't go back I'm sorry.", he stated. Jonghyun thought it couldn't be possible but Onew's expression was fulll of pain as he closed his eyes and let tears fall. He wanted to give in and go back but he knew it would be best for them not to. "Onew listen I'm really truly sorry but we can't go back. I know you really miss Key, but you'll have fun with me too. I planned some really fun activities for us to do.".

Onew wiped away his own tears; looking like a scolded child,"I'm sorry Amber I'll try not to cry anymore. Jonghyun thank you for letting me stay with you.".

"Onew is okay if you feel like crying. It doesn't matter if Amber or anyone else tells you not to, just let it all out it will make you feel better.". Jonghyun hugged him as he loudly began to sob. This was the second time Onew had mention the name Amber in front of him. It was also the second time Onew had apologized to her, he was now more certain than ever that Amber was his guardian angel. What he didn't like was that it seemed like she was often scolding Onew. Jonghyun hoped that she wouldn't prevent him from getting closer to Onew. "Are you ready to go?".

Onew nodded as he put his seat belt back on before they drove off.

"We will put away your stuff later.", Jonghyun said when they arrived,"For now lets just put them in my room.".

"Are we going somewhere?", he asked as he got his suitcase out of the trunk.

"Yes.", he closed his car doors with a  press of a button as he took one of Onew's suitcases and led him to his bedroom. "Change into something more comfortable, and grab a jacket. It's going to get chilly later on.".

"Key always picks my clothes.".

"Okay.", Jonghyun opened up one of Onew's suitcases,"I'll pick your clothes for you.". As he looked through he suitcase he found some of Key's shirts. He thought it would be nice and would make Onew happy if he wore one. Jonghyun handed him one of Key's shirt along with a comfortable pair of pants,"Wear this.", he handed him the clothes."I'll let you borrow one of my jackets since it looks like you didn't bring any.", Jonghyun said as he grabbed walked over to his closet to get a jacket.

"Thank you.", he responded as he began to change.

"What are you doing?", Jonghyun face redden as Onew stood in front of him almost completely . He would have never thought he would see him in such an intimate way.

"I'm changing.", he simply answer.

Jonhyun turned around to give him some privacy,"Onew you not suppose to change in front of other people.".

"Key said the same thing.", Onew commented as he continued to change,"Why can I change in front of other people, we are all the same.".

"True, but you can't trust some people. You need to protect your body Onew is precious and if some people see you like that they may want to take advantage of you.".

"What do you mean by take advantage of me?",he asked as he finished changing,"All done.".

Jonghyun exhaled as he turn around to face him,"They'll touch you inappropriately or do stuff to you that you don't want them to do.", he answered feeling a bit flustered; he felt like he was taking away his innocence.

"Do what? Can you please tell me or show me an example? I don't quite understand.".

Jonghyun felt blushed and a bit nervous,"Well I can't show you an example. It's not that I don't want to because I well I do but only if we both wanted to, when the time was right.",he covered his face with his hands no longer able to face him.

"I'm confused. You say you want to and I'm telling you I want to too, so why can't you show me?", Onew got closer to him as he tried to uncover his face,"Why don't you want to show me?". 

He shut his eyes tightly when Onew managed to uncover his face,"You don't understand what I'm talking about, if I show you I would be taking advantage of you which is wrong. Just forget everything I said.",he opened his eyes; his heart began to race when he realize how close Onew was to him. "What's important here is that you should never take your clothes off in front of other people. Especially people you don't trust and that can hurt you.".

"But I trust you and Key, I know you'll never hurt me.".

"I know but its something that should be done in private.", he stated as he looked at the time through his phone,"We should really get going, Minho and Taemin are waiting for us.".

"Wait Jonghyun. Is it a bad thing?", Onew asked.

"Is what a bad thing?".

"What I asked you to show me? Amber said I should never get close to you in that way.", Onew said as he then closed his eyes as he shield his face. "I'm sorry.".

Jonghyun sighed; what he feared was actually happening. His guardian angel Amber was trying to get in the way of him and Onew. "When it comes to you and I, don't listen to her. Got it?".

"Okay.", he nodded,"So is it bad?".

"No it's not bad, its wonderful but only if you both agree to it.", Jonghyun smiled,"You will see when and if the time comes. Come on we really need to get going.". Jonghyun grabbed the cooler the small grill and put in the trunk of his car,"We are going to have a ton of fun today.".

"Did you bring chicken?.", Onew asked as he got in the car.

"Yes I brought chicken.", he answered as he began to drive.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"That game was so good.", Taemin commented,"I never knew how much fun soccer could be.".

"I'm glad you're actually enjoyed it. I thought you were just watching it because of me.", Minho .

"In the beginning I was but I actually like it now.", he said as he then grabbed a handful of chips."Thanks to you I'm experiencing things that I never had the chance to.".

"That's good to know, I'm glad I could be of service.", he chuckled,"I can believe I wasted so much time keeping to myself. I really like you, you're my best friend."

"Just your best friend? I hope that changes in the future.", Taemin smiled.

Minho liked how blunt Taemin could be, but this kinda shocked him a bit. He really didn't know what to say. He was attracted to Taemin and he thought he was very cute, but he felt that he wasn't ready for a relationship."So what do you have on that backpack?", he asked as he tried to change the conversation.

"Hiking boots.", Taemin smiled,"I don't want to hike with my regular shoes on.".

Minho started laughing,"Hiking boots? Seriously what do you have in there?".

"What's so funny?", he asked, as he open up his backpack and took out the boots."You see I seriously have hiking boots.".

"We aren't going hiking we're going to a camp site.", Minho informed him as he laughed.

"You're kidding right? Please don't tell me I brought this for nothing.", Taemin said as put the hiking boots back in his backpack."I feel so stupid.".

"Don't that could happen to anyone rather than stupid I find it cute.".

"Really?", Taemin blushed as he got closer to him.

Minho's heart started racing, his instinct was telling him to back away; he was afraid to let people get close to him. But he trusted Taemin and wanted to kiss him. Minho leaned forward slowly, causing Taemin to back away and fall back on the couch. They blankly stared at each other, he then pressed his lips against his; giving several small kisses before sliding his tongue in to his mouth. Minho's whole body began to feel hot as their tongues brushed against each other. He pressed his body closer to his; slightly on his tongue as they parted. Minho smirked as he steadied his breath,"You tasted like chips.".

"I'm sorry.", Taemin blushed under his gaze,"I'm probably a bad kisser.".

"I just say it taste like chips, not that you were a bad kisser.", he slightly pinched Taemin's cheek before getting off of him.

"So am I a good kisser?", he asked.

"You're acting as if that was your first kiss.".

"It was.", Taemin looked down; his face quickly redden.

"I wouldn't have known it was your first kiss, if you didn't tell me.", he commented as he recived a text from Jonghyun.

"I'm outside", he read Jonghyun's text.

"Jonghyun is here, I'm going to get my jacket.", Minho said as he rushed to his room and got the first jacket he found.

"I'm going to leave my backpack here is that fine?", Taemin asked.

"Yes, I don't want to embarrass you in front of everyone about bringing hiking boots.", he .

Taemin slightly hit him in the arm before walking off and getting into the car. 

Minho locked his house door and rushed into the car, sitting in the back seat with Taemin. On the way to the camp site Minho noticed that Onew kept looking back at him and Taemin periodically. He probably knows that Taemin and I kissed, he thought to himself; feeling a bit embarrassed. 

"Onew how are you feeling?", Taemin asked.

"I'm feeling a bit better, Jonghyun has been really nice to me.", he answered,"But I still miss Key, I really wish he was here right now.".

"We'll see him tomorrow at school.", Taemin stated,"I'm really happy that all of you are returning to school. Now I won't be alone anymore.".

"I was enjoying not going to school to be honest.", Minho said,"Waking up late, working out.".

"I'm excited to go.", Onew smiled,"I get to see Key."

"Let's not talk about school anymore, it irritates me.", Jonghyun said as he parked the car.

Minho helped Jonghyun get the things out of the car as they all set up. He felt a bit uneasy not knowing whether or not Onew knew anything ."I'm going to go with Taemin for a quick walk, we'll be right back.", Minho said as he and Taemin walked off.

"Should I have brought my hiking boots?", Taemin laughed as they walked down straight trail.

"Do you think Onew knows about us?", Minho asked him, ignoring Taemin's joke."You saw the way he was staring at us in the car.".

"Since when are we an us?", Taemin blushed."Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?".

"No. You know what I meant.", Minho stated as he began to feel a bit flustered.

"Yeah I know but I just like the sound of it.", Taemin sighed,"And well who cares if he knows or not. Would you be embarrassed if he knew something?"

"Not exactly but is just felt weird that he knew without us telling him anything.".

"Can I know why you don't want to be my boyfriend?", he asked,"I mean you kissed me so that must mean you like me right?".

"I do like you, but I'm just not ready for a relationship.", Minho was a bit nervous as he decided to give Taemin a chance. "Do you want to go out for ice cream tomorrow?".

"Yeah I would like to go on a date with you tomorrow.", Taemin smiled. 

"Then it's a date.".

                                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Tears ran down Onew's face as he wince,"It hurts.".

"I know it hurts.", Jonghyun said as he held Onew's hand rinsing it with cool water from a water bottle. "Why did you touch the grill?".

"You said the chicken was done, and I just wanted to taste it.", he whimpered as he felt the pain slowly subside. 

"Just wait for me to take it off the grill next time okay.", Jonghyun said as he slightly kissed his burn and wiped away his tears; before going back to the grill.

Onew looked over at Jonghyun and smiled, he was thankful that Jonghyun was being very kind to him but the way Amber stared at him, scared him and made him feel uncomfortable. He was enjoying being around Jonghyun, he wanted to go over and stand by his side since he didn't like being alone. Onew slowly walked over to Jonghyun as he ignored Amber's angry gaze, being with him made Onew feel less lonely, he was beginning to become attach to him. "Thank you.", he smiled as Jonghyun handed him a plate of chicken.

"Let me know if you want more okay?", Jonghyun said as he turned off the grill after he finished cooking everything. "What took you two so long?".

"Sorry, we lost track of time.", Taemin replied as he grabbed a plate of food.

"We need to talk."Kai approached Onew.

"Okay.", Onew smiled,"I'll be right back.', he informed his friends before walking away with Kai. "What's the matter?".

"Why is Amber looking at you like that? I can tell she is really mad.", Kai commented.

"She is. Amber doesn't like the fact that I'm staying over with her and Jonghyun.", he stated,"To be honest it making me feel uncomfortable and sad. If I could go home right now with Key I would.".

"So you're not enjoying your time with Jonghyun?", Kai asked him.

"I really like Jonghyun he has always been kind to me, and I do like spending time with him but Amber makes it Awkward.", he stated,"My friendship with her got ruined when Jonghyun kissed me.".

"You kissed Jonghyun?",he asked.

"Actually he kissed me.".

"But did you kiss him back?", Taemin asked.

"Yes I sinned twice that day. I did what Amber and Max told me not to do I gave in to my carnal desires and kissed both Jonghyun and Key that day.", he sighed,"But I promised myself that I would never do that again, especially since I think Jonghyun would be the perfect guy for Key.".

"Obviously they don't like each other if they both kissed you?", Kai stated,"Now that Taemin experience his first kiss I know the importance of one. If Key and Jonghyun both kissed you I think they might like you. Do you like Key or Jonghyun?".

"Don't ask me that I don't even want to think about that.", Onew stated."You just made this more Awkward for me. I just wished I wasn't in my squishy body right now, so I could be with Key.".

"So you like Key more than Jonghyun?".

"To be honest they both make me feel good and happy, I just want what is best for them. I want them both to be happy.", Onew answered,"I think that they can both find that happiness with each other.".

"You can't force something that's not there Onew.", Kai said,"If I were you I'll would enjoy my squishy body to the fullest and find love. There must be a reason why you have a squishy body right? Take advantage of it. To be honest I don't think all our rules apply to you anymore, I think is fine for you to kiss someone and enjoy it.".

"I don't want to talk about this anymore.", Onew said,"Just tell me how you felt when Taemin kissed Minho.".

"Me and Max got really happy, it was very special. I can't tell you how Minho felt but sharing that kiss with Minho made Taemin very happy. The happiest he has ever been.", he answered.

"I wished I still had that connection with Key, I really miss it.", he sighed, as he started to miss his angel form,"Have you figured out anything about why I'm likes this?".

"I completely forgot about that. It's the reason why I wanted to talk to you in the first place. I meet this angel the other day and he told me he has only seen an angel like you once.", Kai informed him.

"Really? What happened to that angel did he have two names in his medallion like me?", he asked a little scared and intrigued.

"He didn't personally know the angel but he did have two names in his medallion. That is basically all that he told me.", he informed him.

"Onew come have some smores.", Jonghyun called him.

"How does food taste?", Kai asked him as they walked back."I really wish I could taste it.".

"Each food item taste different, I love eating.", Onew chuckled.

"Here tell me what you think?", Jonghyun said as he handed Onew a smore.

"It's delicious.", he smiled.

"What were you doing over there by yourself?", Taemin asked,"I was going to go over but it seemed like you wanted to be alone.".

"I wasn't by myself I was with Kai.", he answered as he continued to eat.

"Who's Kai? Did you just made a ghost friend.", Minho laughed."I heard this place was haunted.".

"Shut up, there are no ghost here.", Jonghyun laughed.

Onew laughed,"Actually I seen three ghost today.".

"You're lying.", Taemin said,"So is Kai a ghost?".

"No he's your guardian angel.", Onew said.

"Thank you so much I always wanted to know his name", Taemin hugged him.

"You should have asked me sooner.", Onew said.

"We should really get going now, the sun is about to set and we need to go to school tomorrow.", Minho stated as started to clean.

As Onew started to clean he couldn't stop thinking about what Kai had told him. He really didn't believe him, there was no way the rules didn't apply to him. Just thinking about the kiss he shared with both Jonghyun and Key made him feel guilty. When they were done cleaning Onew decided to ride in the backseat with Taemin, he just didn't want to be close to Amber anymore. He knew once he got to Jonghyun's home he had to face her, but for now he just wanted to avoid her. 

"See you tomorrow at school", Minho said as he and Taemin got out of the car.

"Taemin are you sure you don't want me to take you home?", Jonghyun asked.

"I'm positive, but thanks anyways.".

"Alright have a goodnight.", Jonghyun said as Onew waved goodbye.

"Onew are you sure you don't want to come up front with me?", Jonghyun asked.

"I'm okay, I rather stay here.".

"Is Amber bothering you again?", he asked her.

"No.", he looked at her as she just sat with her arms crossed.

When they got to Jonghyun's home they moved Onew's stuff into the guest room."This is going to be your room for a while do you like it?".

Onew didn't like sleeping alone it made him feel lonely, but just as he was about to say something Amber stopped him. 

"You are not going to sleep with Jonghyun. That is my spot he is my human," she said,"I don't want to share him with you.".

"I'm sorry.", he apologized to her,"I'll stay here.".

"You're talking to Amber again aren't you?", Jonghyun asked,"What did I say? When it comes to you and I she has no opinion or right to speak for me. If you don't like this room and you don't want to stay here that's fine, we can share my bedroom.".

"Really?", Onew asked feeling a bit relieved that he didn't have to sleep alone.

"Yes, come on.", Jonghyun grabbed him by the hand and led him to his room. "I'll sleep in the air bed, you can sleep in my bed.". 

Onew didn't want to take Amber's spot even though he did wanted to sleep with Jonghyun,"I'll take the air bed.".

"No, I'm sleeping in the air bed.", Jonghyun handed Onew a blanket as he then turned of the lights and went to bed.

Onew couldn't sleep at all he tossed and turned several times in his bed. He felt sad to sleep alone, he wished he was at home right now with Key. He looked over at Jonghyun who was fast asleep, he wanted to go lay down beside him, but Amber was there. He covered himself with the entire blanket wishing it was Key's blanket, but the only scent he picked up was Jonghyun's. He sniffed it several times and clung to it tightly; he liked his smell it sooth him. "Jonghyun are you awake?". 

"Yes. Is something wrong?".

"Can I sleep with you?", Onew asked; deciding to listen to Jonghyun instead of Amber. 

"What do you mean by sleep with me?", Jonghyun  asked.

"I can't really sleep on my own, I always sleep with Key. Can I please sleep with you?".

"Sure.",Jonghyun got in bed with Onew.

"Thank you.", Onew said as he wrapped his arms around Jonghyun burying his face on the crook of his neck; taking in his scent.  

Amber angrily looked at him,"I will never forgive you for this.".

Onew knew that the right thing to do was apologize to Amber and leave the bed, but he didn't want to; he didn't want to sleep alone. He started to think Kai was right, he had a squishy body now and he might as well make the most of it. As he cuddle with him, Jonghyun phone began to ring.

"Hello.", he answered,"Yes, he's right here, I'll pass him to you right now.".

"Key?", Onew asked as Jonghyun passed him the phone.

"Did you miss me?", Key asked.

"Very much.", he answered as he looked over at Jonghyun and began to feel guilty."I forgot your blanket at home.".

"I'll get it for you tomorrow, I promise.", Key said,"I'll make it smell more like me.".

"I really miss you.", Onew said as he began to cry.

"I just called to say goodnight. I have to go bye.", he said as he quickly hanged up.

Onew dropped the cellphone in Jonghyun's bed,"I have to go. I'll be right back.". Onew ran out of Jonghyun's bedroom and went straight to his backyard.

"What are you doing?", Jonghyun followed him.

"I have to go see Key, I'll be back.", Onew said as he took out his wings and began to glow. He flapped his wings several times before flying off.

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: I hoped you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them... See you all in the next chapter