Resolution

Guardian Angel

Hello it has been a while, sorry for the lack of updates. I had terrible writers block and really struggled to write for a while. With that being said I hope you enjoy this chapter, I’m not really satisfied with it but I worked really hard on it. Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes I may have missed. Enjoy :)

                                                           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Minho got woken up when the blanket he was using got snatched away, “What’s going on?”, he groggily said as he tried to get the blanket back.

“Shhh!”, Jonghyun covered Minho’s mouth with his hand completely waking him up, as he tossed the blanket to the side of the bed “My dad!”.

“Jonghyun open up!”, his father knocked on his bedroom door again.

“You have to hide, come on.”, he grabbed Minho by the arm as he tried to get him out of bed.

“Hold on.”, Minho jolted up as he then tried to grabbed his clothes since he was just in his boxers.

“There’s no time for that.”, Jonghyun pushed him towards his closet, “I’m coming!”, he told his father.

“Do you really expect me to hide here?”, he whispered as he got inside the closet.

“I’m sorry, but if my dad sees you here we are both in really deep trouble.”, he stated as he closed the closet door on him.

What did I get myself into? Minho thought as he stood quietly in the closet not wanting to move an inch. When he heard Jonghyun’s dad asking about the air mattress he exhaled; feeling anxious as he was sure that they had been caught. Not wanting to give Jonghyun’s father the wrong idea he grabbed the closest shirt he could find and carefully put it on, trying to make as little noise as possible. Fear creeped in when he heard Jonghyun’s father voice outside the closet, not knowing what to do he covered his nether region and closed his eyes shut, expecting the worst.

“I’m capable of going to school by myself.”, he heard Jonghyun tell his father, “You don’t need to take me. I’ll be there I promise.”.

“Alright, you better not be late.”, he heard his voice get further away.

Silence soon filled the room, as Minho then slowly opened the closet door, “That was close”, he commented as he walked out of the closet.

“I thought we were going to get caught for sure.”, Jonghyun answered as he eyed Minho up and down, bursting into laughter. “Seriously? Take it off you look ridiculous.”.

Minho chuckled noticing the shirt was right side out and buttoned wrong, “I rather look ridiculous than give your dad the wrong idea.”, he began to the shirt.

“Shirt or no shirt he would have still gotten the wrong idea.”, he sat down on his bed,“Especially if he walked in now and saw you changing in front of me.”.

“You can easily look away, you ert”, he chuckled and playfully covered himself.

Jonghyun let out a small laugh as threw a pillow at him, “No you’re the ert who changes in front of people and sleeps practically .”.

He took off his shirt, “I don’t usually sleep like this I was hot. Besides I thought I was going to have time to get dressed in the morning.”.

“If you’re not a ert than you are definitely a flasher. You took your shirt off in front of me.”.

“And again you are the one who is looking.”, he began to change back into his clothes. “So are we really going to school or not.”.

He laid down in bed, “I don’t want to but I have to.”.

“So I guess we’re going.”, he let himself fall on the bed after he changed.

“I'm being forced to go, you on the other hand can go and spent all day with Taemin. I could drop you off before I head off to school if you want.”.

He laid on his side as he turned to face him, “I don't want to leave you alone at school and in all honesty I really don't think Taemin wants to see me right now.”.

“Did you get in a fight?”.

Minho didn't want to tell him the reason why they fought, he didn't want Jonghyun to think badly of Taemin, “Sort of, it was all a misunderstanding.”.

“You should go fix things with him, I’ll drop you off before I head to school.”.

“We will go together after school. I know you really miss Kibum and you should try to fix things with him.”.

“Even if I wanted to he wouldn’t want to see me. If I was him I wouldn’t want to see me either.”.

“It’s not your fault Onew reverted back.”.

“I know.”, he sighed slightly pouting, “But I could see why Kibum would blame me, and why he wouldn’t want to talk to me. I really do miss him, but I can’t give him the apology he wants.”.

“You need to go talk to him, try to fixed things. It will make Onew very happy.”.

“You’re right I’ll do it for him. We’ll go after school, even though it won’t be easy.”, he sat up, “We should get ready for school. You can take a shower in my bathroom, and I’ll take one in the guest room.”.

Minho sat up and went to grabbed his bag, “I left my homework, books, notebooks all at home. School is going to for me.”.

“I have some notebooks you can use to take notes.”, he grabbed some clothes from his closet, “I’ll leave them in the bed for you after I’m done with my shower.”.

“Thanks.”, he finished grabbing his clothes and walked into the bathroom. After he was done with his shower he changed and got ready.

“Tell me if you need anymore notebooks or anything else?”, Jonghyun asked as he laid in bed, his eyes locked on his phone screen as he played a game.

Minho started to put his clothes away, “I’m going to need a mechanical pencil and lose pieces of paper.”.

“Coming right up.”, Jonghyun put his cellphone down on the bed, got up and left the room.

After he was done putting his clothes away he sat down on the bed and waited for Jonghyun to come back. Did I do the right thing? What if Taemin doesn't want to see me, he thought. Minho started to wonder how Taemin would act towards Jonghyun. Thousands of thoughts clouded his head as he failed to see Jonghyun come back.

“Are you okay?”, he asked as he placed a bookbag on Minho’s lap.

“Yeah.”, he gave him a half hearted smile, “What's with the bookbag?”.

“So you can put everything in there. Were you planning on carrying everything?”, he looked at him with concern as he placed his hands on his shoulders, “Minho are you sure you are okay?”.

A small smile spread across his lips, “I’m fine thank you.”.

“Good.”, he let go of him, “I’ll wait for you in the car.”.

“Wait!”,Minho began to put away the notebooks in the bookbag, “We should eat breakfast, we have plenty of time.”.

“There's Pop-tarts in the car.”, Jonghyun grabbed his bookbag.

“You're kidding right?”, he zipped the bookbag back up, grabbing it with his left hand and grabbing Jonghyun's hand with his right. “We’re going to have a real breakfast come on.”, he lead him out of the room as they both walked towards kitchen.

“I’m not really hungry.”, he pouted.

“Stop, we are eating and that is final.”, he held on to his hand tighter as he practically dragged him into the kitchen. “Wow look at all this great food your chef cooked.”, he let go of his hand and grabbed one of the plates that was filled with food.

“Fine, I’ll eat with you.”, he grabbed a plate and followed Minho towards the table. “Wait! You can’t sit there! That’s Jinki’s seat!”, he raised his voice.

Hearing Jonghyun say that stung, the hurt in his eyes was clearly visible. “I’m sorry I won’t sit there.”,he place the plate down on the table as he stared at the pulled out empty seat. Visualizing Onew sitting there happily stuffing his cheeks with food.

“I’m sorry I can’t do this.”, Jonghyun put the plate down at the table and ran out of the kitchen.

Minho followed him, immediately hugging Jonghyun when he saw him crying outside. “I know, I miss him too.”, he tried to hold in his tears but everything came pouring out and he cried along with him.

They remained in eachothers arms for a while comforting one another. “Minho I’m sorry I yelled at you.”, he broke their embrace and sniffled; wiping away his own tears with the sleeve of his sweater.

“It’s alright don’t worry about it.”.

“It’s not okay. You been nothing but nice to me and I treated you-.”.

“It’s fine.”, he interrupted him; giving him a quick hug, “Everything is okay. Now let’s go eat Pop-Tarts in the car. I’m hungry.”.

“We still have time to go inside and have breakfast.”.

“I know, but I would rather eat Pop-Tarts in the car with you.”.

Jonghyun smile, “Thank you.”.

                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“If that is the way you feel,I think you should go home.”, Kibum blankly stared at the ceiling as he laid in bed beside Taemin. His voice tired and raspy from all the crying they did earlier. Both feeling empty with a broken heart.

“Would you be okay?”, he answered almost in a whisper.

“I’ll be fine, you don’t need to worry about me. Even if I can't see him or feel him I know he’s here with me.”.

“Why did everything have to end up this way.”.

“I don’t know.”, he sighed as he then turned to his side to look at Taemin, “I can’t do anything about Jinki but you. You can still fix things with Minho, now that you are going back to school you will be able to see him more often.”.

“I don’t think it’s fixable.”.

“You two love each other, why couldn’t you make it work?.”.

“That’s the thing, I don’t think Minho loves me like I love him.”, he confessed, as he got a bit teary-eyed, “He’s in love with someone else and I’m just the fool who didn’t notice it sooner.”.

“Don’t say that, I’m sure he loves you.”.

“I appreciate what you are trying to do, but he doesn’t love me he’s in love with Jonghyun.”.

Key was taken aback abit, as he sat up, “Jonghyun? Are you sure?”. He was aware that they spend a lot of time together, but he had never seen anything more than friendship between the two of them.

“Yes.”, he looked at him, stopping himself from crying “He’s always with him, and I’m pretty sure he spent last night with him too.”.

“Now that Jinki is gone, he’s trying to take Minho away from you.”, Key commented regretting it right away. “Taemin I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it. I-”.

“I know.”, Taemin interrupted him, “Don’t worry about it. Honestly I don’t blame Jonghyun at all, I think it’s all one sided. It’s Minho who is in love with Jonghyun, not the other way around.”.

“Are you sure you aren’t over analyzing things?”.

“I’m not over analyzing anything. He clearly chose him over me last night. I told him I needed him , and he left. “, he said as he got out of bed, “That’s all the proof I need.”.

“I don’t know what to say.”, he commented as his eyes followed Taemin around the room. Trying decode his strange behavior.

“You don’t need to say anything.”, he began to grab his clothes, “I lost him and there’s nothing I can do about it. What scares me right now is that I have no clue what I am going to tell my parents.”.

“Tell them the truth, it’s better than any lie you are going to make up.”.

“My parents want the perfect son, and I am far from that.”, he confessed as he put his clothes in his bag, his hands shaking as he was in the verge of tears. “I’m scared, how am I going to tell them that one of the reasons I ran away from home was to be with a guy that doesn’t want me.”.

“If you’re not ready to leave you don’t have to go.”, he said as he noticed how scared and hurt Taemin was. Kibum wasn’t in the condition to take care of anyone right now, he couldn’t even take care of himself at the moment. But Taemin was his friend and he wanted to be there for him the only way he could at the moment; by offering his home.

“No, is better that I leave now.”, he zipped up his bag, “You said it yourself, that you think I should go home.”.

“I didn’t mean this instant. You said you wanted to go home, that you have missed to much school already.”,he was surprised by Taemin’s rashed decision, and his behavior “I’m sorry if you took it the wrong way, I wasn’t kicking you out. You are more than welcome to continue staying here.”.

“I know you aren’t kicking me out, it has nothing to do with what you said. It’s just that if I don’t leave now I am going to chicken out and stay. I can’t keep hiding forever.”, Taemin smiled, “But I’ll stay for one more breakfast, please eat with me.”.

He forced a smile on his face, as he got out of bed, “Let's have breakfast.”. Kibum wasn't hungry at all, but he wanted to make sure Taemin was fine, before he allowed him to leave.

“I’m happy you decided to eat something.”, Taemin commented as they walked towards the kitchen.

“I’m going to try to eat, I can’t make any promises. ”, he responded as they walked into the kitchen, “So what would you like? I’ll cook you anything you want.”. He opened the fridge realizing that he didn’t have much food left.

“I am fine with anything.”, he said as he placed his bag on the floor by the table.

“In that case we’re having cereal.”, he took out the milk, closing the fridge afterwards.

“Cereal sounds great.”, Taemin went to grabbed some bowls and spoons while Key grabbed the cereal.

“Are you sure you want to leave? I know your reasons are more than valid and I completely agree with you, but have you really thought this through?”, he asked him as he prepared himself a bowl of cereal, “Don’t you think you should speak to Minho before you leave.”.

“No, everything that needed to be said was already said.”, he prepared his bowl of cereal, “You don’t need to worry about me, I’m not going to regret anything. I have thought about this all night and this is the best decision for me.”.

“I’m not trying to defend Minho or anything but I think you should talk to him, you two went through alot together.”, he moved his spoon around the bowl of cereal, not taking a single bite.

“If by a lot you mean a few dates with him, and me practically begging him to have with me, then yes we went through alot.”.

“You know it was more than that, don’t minimize both yours and his feelings.”, Key exhaled feeling a bit sad, “I would do anything to see Jinki again, to hear his voice again. Don’t throw your entire relationship away because of one mistake.”.

“It wasn’t just one mistake. When we were together he always talked about him, not to mention the day I ran away from home, I waited for him for hours. While he was was in the amusement park with Jonghyun, he took him on what was suppose to be our date. I was suppose to go to the amusement park with him, not Jonghyun.”.

Key couldn’t stop thinking about Jinki, how he always talked about Jonghyun, how he left after they were done being intimate to go see him. Anger soon consumed him, a hatred towards Jinki that he had never felt before.

“Are you okay?”, Taemin asked in complete shock.

“Yes, why do you ask?”, he placed his right hand on his head, as he got a terrible headache. The feeling of anger completely gone in a matter of seconds.

“You threw your plate off the table.”, he looked at him concern, frozen in his seat.

“I did?”, Kibum replied in a low tone, confuse about the whole thing.

“How can you not remember? Are you sure you’re okay?”.

“I’m fine.”, he forced a smile on his face as he got off his seat to clean the mess, “Of course I remember, I zoned out for a bit.”.

“Let me help you.”,he got off his seat and helped him, clean the mess.

“Thank you.”, he started to pick up the broken bowl pieces, not noticing that he cut himself.

“Key, you’re bleeding!”.

He looked up at him, “What?”.

“You’re bleeding, I’ll go bring the first aid kit.”, Taemin said as he left the room.

Kibum stared at the trinkles of blood in the palm of his hand, the physical pain he was feeling was nothing compared to the empty void Jinki had left behind.

“Kibum!”, he called him to get his attention.

He looked up at him,“What?”.

Taemin helped him up walking over with him to the sink so he could rinse his hand, “I know things aren’t easy right now but you seem really out of it today. More than usual.”, he commented as he helped him disinfect his wound.

“I just have a headache but I’m fine.”.

“Take something for your headache and go rest. I’ll be here when you wake up.”.

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me.”, he grabbed a bandaid from the first aid kit, “I can take care of myself, go finish your breakfast.”.

Taemin went to sit back down to finish his cereal, “Talking about taking care of yourself, you should really consider going back to school.”, he ate spoonful of his cereal as he then looked up towards Key, “I know it sounds weird coming from me considering well you know, but finals are coming up and if you don’t show up and take them. It’s like you wasted the whole year.”.

He exhaled slightly pouting, “I know.”, he knew he was right but he felt like he wasn’t ready, “I’ll try my best to go.”.

“Try to go? No you’re going.”, he got up rinsing his plate in the sink as he then put it in the dishwasher, “And hopefully I will be able to join you too. So you and I won’t be completely alone in school.”.

“You still think your parents are going to sent you away?”.

Taemin leaned against the countertop, “I don’t know to be honest, it all depends on what I tell them and if they missed me enough while I was gone to let me stay.”.

“I’m sure your parents will allow you to stay with them, they’re your parents they love you.”.

“You don’t know my parents they care more about the family image than me.”.
 

“At least they care enough to be around you. My parents only send me money and call me once in a while.”.

“I’m sorry. I kinda always thought you enjoyed living on your own.

“It's fine.”, he forced a smile on his face,as he felt a bit depressed, “I was truly never on my own I had Jonghyun and Jinki.”.

“And now you have me.”, Taemin smiled at him as he then hug him.

“Thank you.”, Kibum hugged him back, “You know you can count on me for anything too right?”.

“I know.”, he broke their embranced and sighed, “Well I should really get going.”.

“You want me to get you a cab or something?”.

He shook his head, “No I want to walk home. I need to clear my mind, think about what I’m going to tell my parents.”.He walked towards the door, then turned to face him, “I really hope I get to see you tomorrow.”, Taemin gave him another hug.

“I’m sure we will see each other again soon.”, he hugged him back, “And if for whatever reason you need somewhere to stay, you are always welcome to come back.”.

Taemin broke their embraced and looked at him, “I’ll be calling you so please answer your phone.”.

Kibum nodded not saying a word as he forced a smile on his face. He didn’t want Taemin to worry about him since Taemin had problems on his own, but he was afraid, afraid of being completely alone again. He held in his tears as he waved goodbye to Taemin. He waited by the door watching Taemin get smaller and smaller as he got further away, not wanting to go inside and face his reality. He stood there for a couple of minutes staring into the distance, “It’s just the two of us again.”, he talked to Jinki as he got the courage to walked back in, closing the door beside him. He felt stupid as he waited for some sort of response from him, and again he began to feel angry. He took Jinki’s medallion off and tossed it across the room as he broke down in tears. What is wrong with me, he thought as he found himself crying for Jonghyun.

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was finally time for cooking class and Jinki was already exhausted. “I don’t get it?”, he looked at Kyuhyun who was looking through a cookbook.

“What’s to get? We haven’t even started.”, he answered not looking at him as he looked for a recipe.

“I’m not talking about cooking, I’m sure this will be fun.”, he looked around making sure no one was close enough to hear him, “I’m talking about my human life the one I use to have.”, he whispered.

“What about it?”, he glanced at him as he then continued to go through the cookbook.

“Based on what I read this whole thing is kinda similar to school.”, he sighed, “But why don’t I like it, when apparently I used to love school. Am I changing am I becoming someone completely different?”.

“I don’t know. I only know the you, you are now.”, he looked at him and gave him a knife, “What I do know is that we better start cooking. Cut the lettuce please.”.

Jinki stared at the knife, seeing his reflection in it as he questioned who he was; for the one hundred time.

“Jinki the lettuce!”, Kyuhyun tried to get his attention.

“Sorry.”, he began to chop the lettuce.

“What are you doing?” he moves him aside and begins to chop the lettuce himself, “This is how you do it. If you chop the way you did it you could definitely cut yourself.”.He warns him as he places the knife down and puts the lettuce on a pan. “Turn on the stove please.”, he begins to cut the carrots.

“Kyuhyun, this doesn't look right. I don’t think you are suppose to fry lettuce.”.

“Trust me I know what I’m doing? Turn it on.”.

Jinki turns on the stove, immediately getting mesmerized by the flame. He extended his hand, reaching to touch it.

“Don’t touch the stove!”.

Those words resonated deep within him. He could have sworn he heard someone beside Kyuhyun tell him something similar to that before. He repeated those words in his head as he tried to remember.

“Don’t get near the stove, okay?”, Kyuhyun commented as he put the lettuce and carrots to fry.

Everything came back to him, hitting him like a bucket of ice cold water.Jinki whole body began to slightly shake, tears threatening to come out. He remembered Kibum always use to tell him not to get near the stove.

“Are you alright?”, he looked at him concerned.

“I remember everything!”, he smiled as he sniffled trying to contain his tears.

“Be quiet!”, Kyuhyun whispered as he looked around then looked at him. “I get that this is a happy moment for you, but if they found out you remember. They might search our home and who knows what else they would do.”.

“I remember Kibum’s face, I remember all of their faces.”, he excitedly exclaimed, ignoring what kyuhyun just said.

“Jinki, please.”, he cups his face with his hands as he tried to call him down.

“You don’t get it, I remember everything. I feel like my heart is going to explode.”.

“I know, but I am going to need you to remain quiet”, he chuckled as he squeezed Jinki cheeks together, “You look funny.”.

“My angel name used to be Onew.”.

He let go of his cheeks, “What?”.

He looked around, and whispered, “My angel name is Onew.”. He smiled unable to hide his excitement. He finally wasn’t lost, he no longer felt like a mindless robot who forced himself to feel a certain way because of what he wrote. Even though what he wrote completely made sense now, it didn’t equal to the way he actually felt. His emotions and love for Kibum and all his friends were way stronger than how he described it when he wrote it down. He yearned to see them again, to hug them to talk to them. He missed their game nights, the long drives in Jonghyun’s car. “I want to see Kibum again, I want to kiss him. I want to go back and see all my friends.”.

“I know.”, Kyuhyun smiled, “Let’s focus on passing all these task so we can get out of here.”.

Jinki nodded as he tried to concentrate and learn how to cook, but all he could think about was going home.

                                                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun parked his car in front of Kibum’s house as he then looked over at Minho. “You should go by yourself. Kibum isn’t going to want to open the door if he sees me.”.

“Maybe not but Taemin will open the door.”, Minho smiled at him, “Come on Let’s go.”.

“Wait I’m not ready.”, he stayed in his seat not budging an inch. His hands remained on the steering wheel, he wanted to leave. He was afraid Kibum will reject him again. “Do you really think this is a good idea?”.

“I know for a fact you miss him and I am sure he misses you.”.

“Yeah but that could be easily overlooked by him. Honestly I’m afraid he hates me.”, he lets go of the steering wheel and nervously starts to fiddle with his shirt. He wanted to go see him talk things out, but he knew there was no going back. Even if they forgive each other things will never be the same again. He felt like Kibum would always in some way or form blame him for what happened. “I’ve been thinking about it a lot, and even though I have blamed myself for it. I really don’t think Jinki reverted back because I kissed him.”.

“I don’t think so either.”.

“Really?”, Jonghyun looked up at Minho with a shocked expression on his face.

“Why do you look so surprised?”, Minho chuckled.

“I’m glad my pain is your amusement.”, he looked up at him, letting out a small smile. "But I’m not surprised just shocked. I’ve been thinking about all the scenarios of why he reverted back, and I could definitely see people thinking it was because I kissed him. I thought it was because of that for a while but that really doesn’t make sense.”.

“That definitely doesn’t make sense especially since you two kissed before and nothing happened.”, he looks at him a bit perplexed, “You know what I found weird. When Onew came to see you that day he has his wings out.”.

“You’re right.”, he commented as he began to think about. His mind soon began to get filled with questions. Question that most likely will remain unanswered.”When Jinki talked to me that day he said he would break up with Kibum if I went and made up with him. Do you think he offered that because he knew he would soon revert back? If so why didn’t he say anything?”.

“Maybe he knew, I don’t know. I’m shocked that he offered to break up with Key. Their had to be a motive behind that. Do you think Kibum knows?”.

“About Jinki’s offer no, because I haven’t told anyone but you. About Jinki reverting back, I’m not so sure.”, Jonghyun looked at Minho, spacing out for a bit as he thought about it.”, I mean why would Kibum let him come talk to me if he didn’t know what was going on?”.

“So you think Kibum knew and he let him come say goodbye to you?”.

“I don’t know, and I don’t want to assume things. I’m not going to question Kibum about it either, if I was in his position I wouldn’t want to talk about it.”, he got a bit teary-eyed looking away from Minho so he wouldn’t notice,”If he did know he probably felt hopeless and scared. I would have and I don’t want him to relieve that.”.

“Yeah. It will be better not to say anything.”, he sniffled, “This in ”.

Jonghyun tried to maintain his composure as he tried his hardest not to cry. He understood Minho’s frustration because it was exactly how he felt. He looked over at Minho who was wiping tears off his face. He unfastened his seatbelt, leaned over and hugged him. Hoping that the hug will bring Minho some comfort like it brought him.

Minho hugged him back, letting go of him a few seconds later when he saw Kibum staring at them, “It’s Key come on let’s go talk to him.”.

Jonghyun got out of his car, nervously walking up to Kibum who was struggling to open his front as he held his grocery bags. “Let me help you with those.”, he tried to get the groceries bags off his hands.

“I don’t need your help!”, Key snapped at him not allowing him to take his bags as he unlocked his house door.

Jonghyun stood there, not surprised by Kibum’s reaction. He remained quiet not knowing what to say or whether to follow him.

“Key don’t be like that.”, Minho prevented him from closing his house door.

“Don't be like what?”, he glared at Minho, “I’m not the one who is canoodling with Jonghyun in the car while I have a boyfriend.”.

“I’m was not canoodling with anyone.”, he looks at Kibum, “And I’m not going to defend my actions because I know I’m not doing anything wrong. ”.

“Maybe not but Taemin won’t see it that way.”, Kibum looks Minho.

“I get it that you are mad but what is going on with me and Taemin has nothing to do with this.”, he looks at Key then at Jonghyun, “You two have been friends for years and you own it to yourselves and Onew to at least talk.”.

Jonghyun looked at Kibum, he to tell by just looking at him that he was mad. “I never wanted to hurt you, and for that I’m really sorry.”.

Kibum didn’t say a word he just stood there by the door looking rather pale as he held his head.

“Are you feeling alright?”, Jonghyun asked concerned for his friend’s well being.

“I’m fine, we’ll talk in just a second.”, key answered in a rather low tone as he then directed his attention towards Minho, “Taemin went back home -”.

“He what?”, Minho was so shocked he didn’t let him finish, “Why didn’t he told me anything?”.

“It’s not my place to say, but if you can please go see him.”, Key answered rather calmly.

Jonghyun was bewildered by his drastic change of behavior. Just a few seconds ago Kibum was mad accusing him and Minho of seeing each of seeing each other behind Taemin’s back; and now he was quite calm. It didn’t make sense, “Minho take my car so you can get there faster.”.

“Thank you.”, Minho took the car keys and walked away.

“Are you sure you’re feeling alright?”, Jonghyun focused his whole attention of Kibum.

“I thought you wanted to talk but if you are going to be asking me stupid questions. Leave!.”, he snapped at him.

Jonghyun walked in not knowing where to start. He had practice this conversation in his head all day and now that he could actually speak he was at lost for words. “Like I said it was never my intention to hurt you.”.

“You sure have a funny way of showing it.”.

“I don’t know why I was the last one to see Jinki conscious in his human form, and I’m not going to question it. But if I had know Jinki was going to revert back I wouldn’t have kissed him.”.

“You shouldn’t have kissed him either way.”, he glared at him, “He was my boyfriend! What kind of friend kisses his best friend’s boyfriend.”.

“I get why you’re mad. If I was you I would be mad too.”, he teared knowing that Kibum was most likely not going to forgive him. “I fell in love with Jinki just like you did and that’s the truth. I’m not going to stand here lie to you or come up with some fake excuse to justice my actions. I’ll understand if you never want to talk to me again, but I really hope we -”.

“I missed you so much.”, Kibum didn’t let him finish as he hugged him and broke down in tears.

“I missed you too.”, Jonghyun hugged him back as he heavily sobbed. This was not how he imagined the conversation was going to end but he was glad he had his best friend back.

                                                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What are you doing?”, Amber looked at Woohyun.

“What do you mean?”, Woohyun smiled as he looked at Kibum and Jonghyun hug, “We achieved what we wanted they forgave each other.”.

“Yes but not the way you did it.”, she looked at him, “They have to process this on their own. You need to respect their emotions not change them. You aren’t guiding Kibum at all, you’re manipulating him.”.

“I seriously don’t understand why you’re mad. We got the results we wanted and at faster time.”.

“It isn’t about what we want. As angels we need to guide them not control them. Let them process their emotions and learn from every choice they make good or bad.”, she sighed, “I’ve seen Kibum become, mad, content and sad in the span of minutes because of you. That isn’t good. You changed his emotions and due to that you changed his thoughts. Kibum had every right to be mad at my Jonghyun. Because of what you did, you deprived Kibum of a learning experience. You’re doing him more harm than good.”.

Woohyun looked at Kibum as he cried in Jonghyun’s arms. Maybe Amber was right and he shouldn’t be changing Kibum’s emotions. But he also didn’t like seeing Kibum cry and lay in bed all day. He wanted to help him and protect him as his angel, and he thought if he changed the way Kibum felt towards Jonghyun, Kibum could become happy again. “I know I am breaking a couple of rules by changing his emotions and in the process his thoughts, but this is good for him. Now that he and Jonghyun are friends again, he’s going to be happy again.”.

“Yes for now but since you didn’t let him process this, and forgive Jonghyun on his own terms. All of these feelings of betrayal might comeback.”.

“No they are not. They are friends again everything is fixed.”. Woohyun stood by his decision. If Amber was right and those feelings came back, he would just change them again. He didn’t want to see Kibum sad and if he had the ability to change his emotions and in the process his thoughts. Why not do it.

                                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Taemin was back to his everyday routine. He was about to finish his first hour of playing the piano. He glanced over at the grandfather clock his parents had in the living room as his fingers began to cramp. Causing him to miss a key.

“I’m adding twenty more minutes to your practice.”, his mother tells him, “What did they teach you in that excursion you went to? You’re messing up more than usual.”.

“Sorry.”, Taemin apologized as he started the song all over again. He was thankful that Onew somehow mystically manage to convince his parents, that he went to a music excursion with the school; the days he was gone. He was happy to be home, he missed his room, his parents, playing the piano but not to this extent. He continued to play as he looked up at the clock again, the time seemed to be going by very slowly. As the time passed, he kept playing and looking at the clock. Wondering if Minho was going to call him, wondering if Minho even knew and cared that he came back home.

“I’ll get it, you keep practicing.”, his mother got up to answer the door as the doorbell rang again.

Taemin kept playing the piano wondering who it could be. He wanted it and wished for it to be Minho but he knew the possibility of that was slim. He probably doesn't even know I came back home yet, he thought again.

“Taemin.”, his mother walked back into the living room, “Your friend Minho came to see you.”.

He stopped playing the piano, immediately getting up and walking towards the door.

“You only have five minutes.”, his mother informed him as he walked passed her.

“Alright.”, Taemin answered as he walked out the door and closed it behind him. “Hi.”, he greeted Minho with a shy smile as he fought the urge to hug him. He was happy to see him, but he knew this conversation wasn’t going to end well.

Minho looked at him and smiled, “Hello.”, he answered back avoiding eye contact with him.

“So umm you wanted to see me.”.

“Of course I did you’re my boyfriend.”, he whispered so Taemin’s mom couldn’t hear. “You are still my boyfriend right?”, he looked at him.

“I don’t know.”, He wanted to be with Minho but at the same time he felt like he was a burden to him.

“What do you mean you don’t know?”.

“I just don’t know okay.”.

“I shouldn’t have walked out on you the other day. I should have stayed and talked things out. I messed up, I’m sorry.”, he stepped closer to him, as he reached for his hand.

Taemin stepped back not allowing Minho to get a hold of his hand, “It wasn’t just your fault. It was mine too, but that’s beside the point.”.

“Are you serious Taemin.”, he slightly raised his voice. “You can’t be jealous of Jonghyun, I already told you we are just friends. He’s your friend too.”.

“I know he’s my friend and I understand he is going through a hard time, but I am too.”.

“I know you are and I acknowledge that I messed up.”, he sighs, “I need to learn to manage my time better.”.

“Managing your time isn’t going to help at all Minho, and I’m not asking you to stop being his friend. Because I’m still going to continue to talk to him myself.”.

“Then what’s the problem, I don’t get it.”.

“The problem is that you are in love with Jonghyun and you for whatever reason, you don’t realize it.”.

“If I was in love with him, I would be with him and not you.”, Minho defended himself.

Taemin could tell Minho was agitated, “Lower your voice my mom is going to hear you.”.

“I don’t care. It frustrates that you don’t think I love you.”, he lowered his voice, “I told my mom about us. I’m here trying to fix things, I don’t know what else I need to do to prove it.”.

“You don’t need to do anything. I know you care about me but caring about someone is different than being in love with someone.”, he held in his tears, not wanting to cry in front of Minho. “I am aware that I kinda forced you into being in a relationship with me. You met Jonghyun before me and I came in between you two. I followed you around until you accepted to be in a relationship with me. I- “.

“Stop!”, Minho interrupted him, “You didn’t force me into anything. I accepted to be in a relationship with you because I like you. I don’t know why you are creating problems that don’t exist, that are irrelevant.”.

“The only reason Jonghyun isn’t your boyfriend, is because he is in love with Onew. If he wasn’t in love with him, you would be with him right now.”.

Minho ran his fingers through his hair, “You’re wrong.”.

“I’m not, open your eyes Minho. You’re in love with Jonghyun and you’re the only one who hasn’t realized it yet.”, he felt at his breaking point, the tears started to escape him, “We’re done. It’s over.”. Taemin opened his front door, walking in.

“Taemin wait!”, he placed his foot at the bottom of the door , preventing Taemin from shutting it, “Don’t be like this.”.

“I’m not doing anything, I’m just setting you free.”, he sniffled, “Minho your actions have proven time and time again that you are in love with Jonghyun. I’m not using this as an excuse to break up with you. I love you and I want you to be happy. Onew is no longer in the way and I’m not going to get in the way either.”.

“But you are not in the way of anything.”.

“Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t love Jonghyun.”.

Minho remained quiet and remove his feet from the door, “Taemin -.”.

“You see! You can’t.”, he closed the door, tears streaming down his face as he walked passed his mother in the living.

“Taemin.”, his mother called him, “Where do you think you’re going you need to finish playing the piano.”.

Taemin ignored his mother locking himself up in his room as he went to lay in bed and cried.

                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for the long wait and thank you for your patience. I’ll see you all in the next chapter… Also for those interested the next story that will be updated is Beautiful disaster...