Befriending Minho

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you all so much for commenting and subcribing to this story it means a lot to me that all of you are enjoying it...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Minho tried to concentrate on the book he was suppose to read for his and Jinki class project, but Jinki constant giggling kept interrupting him. "What's so funny?", he asked looking up from his book,"We are both reading the same book, and there is nothing funny about it.".

"I'm sorry.", Onew said as he covered his face with his book.

Minho sighed and went back to reading, only to once again be interrupted by Jinki's giggling. What's so funny Minho thought to himself. He glanced over at Jinki as he pretended to read the book, he saw that Jinki was starring towards his direction. Minho quickly turned around, but there was no one behind him.

"You won't be able to see him.", Jinki told Minho, "But he is very funny.".

"Who are you talking about? Do you see ghost?", Minho asked.

"I see ghost once in a while, but what you have standing behind you isn't a ghost.", Jinki said as he laughed once again.

"What is behind me, and what is it saying that is so funny?", Minho questioned as he began to get a little scared.

"An angel, your guardian angel,", Jinki replied with a smile, "he said I can't tell you what he is saying, sorry.".

Minho again turned around once more and didn't see a thing, he simply smiled at Jinki and pretended to go back to reading his book. He first though Jinki was a little weird but now he was starting to believe he was a bit crazy.

"I'm not crazy.", Jinki said.

"What? How did you, what's going on?", Minho said a bit freaked out.

"Your angel told me you think I'm a bit crazy.", Jinki said, "I can assure you I'm not.".

Minho didn't said a word he was a bit freaked out, he had never met someone that saw ghost and apparently talked to angels. Minho didn't believe in any of those things but now he was starting to. As much as he tried to concentrate and get back to reading he couldn't, he just kept thinking and questioning himself on whether guardian angels were real, and if Jinki could really see them. 

"Minho, everything is going to be okay", Jinki said as he caressed his face, "You can trust me, as long as I'm here in my squishy body, I'll help you out.".

"Squishy body? Help? I have no idea what you are talking about.", Minho said pushing Jinki hand away. Minho hoped that Jinki hadn't discovered his secret,"I don't know what my suppose guardian angel told you, but I don't need you. I don't need him, and I especially don't need your charity."

Jinki looked down, "I'm sorry you're seeing it as charity, but I'm your friend and I want to help you."

"I don't want or need your help,", Minho said," and we are definitely not friends. Friends are just a waste of time.".

"Once you meet Kibum, I'm sure you won't think that way. I believe you two would be really good friends.", Onew said.

"I am not going to talk to Kibum. I told you I would if he worked on our project,  we haven't even started it. So you can go be friends with Kibum on your own.", Minho said feeling a bit pissed off and vulnerable.

"I'm sorry.", Onew said, "I'll do the whole project on my own. Just go talk to Kibum and be his friend.".

"No, that wouldn't be fair.", Minho said, "I don't want any friends okay, lets just work on our project.". Minho said as he actually went back to reading his book. Hoping Jinki wouldn't say anything else.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"The new guy is cute.", Luna commented, "He has this kinda glow to him, his flawless.".

"What glow what are you talking about?", Key said as he looked over at Onew hoping that he was actually not glowing.

"I just meant that he is gorgeous. Look at his smile,", she said,"It makes my heart flutter. Do you think he has a girlfriend?".

"I don't know, lets just get back to our project.", Key said as he pretended to read his book. It really bothered him that Luna was interested in Onew. He wasn't ready and didn't feel like sharing Onew with anyone. Key was finding it very hard to concentrate on his book, he couldn't keep his eyes off Minho and Onew. It pained him to see Onew laugh, it upset him that he wasn't the one that put that smile on his face. Key immediately became jealous when he saw Onew caress Minho's face.

"You saw that?", Luna asked.

"Saw what?", Key replied.

"The new kid totally just touched Minho's face.", Luna said,"No one talks to Minho, let alone touch his face.".

"Maybe he just had something on his face." Key said as he started to feel more jealous.

"You're probably right. He looks like an affectionate guy", she responded,"Do you think he would say yes if I asked him out on a date.".

"I don't know Luna, and I don't care.", Key snapped, "Let's just do our project.".

"Okay calm down, I won't say anything anymore.", she responded as she then went back to reading.

"Sorry, I over exaggerated.', Key apologized. He then covered his face with his book and went back to spying on Onew. Key immediately became angry when he noticed Onew was on the brink of tears, the sad expression on his face clearly noticeable. Key waited for everyone to leave, when the bell rang to end first period. When he noticed everyone was gone, he went to embrace Onew with a hug,"Onew are you alright?", he asked.

Onew began to whimper as he hugged Key tight, "Minho doesn't want to be you're friend," he said as he began to cry louder.

Key grabbed Onew's book bag as well as his own as he led Onew out of the classroom. "It's okay don't cry. I don't want him to be my friend, we don't need him.", Key said as he gave Onew another hug and wiped away his tears.

"His guardian angel and I both want you two to be friends. You see Minho doesn't have any friends, he is very lonely.", Onew commented,"His family is going through a very tough time right now, Minho was working a part time job to help them out, but he just got fired."

"Onew you can't go around fixing people's problems, even if you're an angel there is way to many for you to fix them all.", Key commented, "Besides I thought you were here for me.".

"I am, I'm doing this for you.", Onew said,"Everything I do has a reason and a purpose.".

"Well its weird that you're trying to find friends for me when I didn't ask for any.",Key stated,"Also what did you and Minho talk about? What did you told him?".

"We talked about his guardian angel, ghost,", Onew quickly looked down like a scolded child,"I also delivered a small message from his guardian angel to him.".

"You what?" Does he know what you are?",Key said as he got scared and pulled Onew towards the school's field,"We need to go, we need to hide you before he goes and tells everyone.".

"Key skipping school is bad, besides he does know I'm your guardian angel. He just knows that I could see his.", Onew answered.

"That's practically telling him.",Key said as he began to climb the fence,"Come on hurry before the school's security comes.".

"No!", Onew answered.

Key climb down and looked at Onew, "Listened if we don't go now, they'll take you away from me. I can't lose you Onew, please lets go.".

"Minho, didn't figure it out and he isn't going to tell anyone,", Onew smiled as he held Key's hand, "Nobody can take me away from you, lets just go to class okay.".  

The calmness in Onew's voice and his bright smile was enough to make Key feel safe. He had never trusted anyone as much as he trusted Onew, "Alright, lets go to class.". Key sat beside Onew in his second and third period class, which pleased him. Key began to worry as they walked to their fourth classroom, Minho was in that class and he didn't want him to get close to Onew. Onew ended up sitting in front of Minho again, as Key sat beside him. Throughout class Onew tried to talk to Minho, but Minho ignored him. When the bell rang to end class and begin lunch Minho rushed out quickly.

"We need to catch up to him.", Onew said.

Key held Onew hand preventing him from following Minho, "He doesn't want to be our friend, lets just leave him alone." Key then grabbed Onew hand and led him towards the cafeteria. 

"How's your first day of school? Do you like it?", Jonghyun asked as they waited in line to get lunch.

"I love school, except for these group of five boys I met they aren't very nice.", Onew answered as he got his lunch tray.

"Don't tell me they are bullying you too.", Jonghyun said as they all sat down.

"No but they aren't to nice to Key.",Onew answered.

"Let's not talk about them please.", Key said," I don't want to lose my appetite.".

"May I sit here?", Minho asked.

"Sure.", Jonghyun answered.

Minho sat down next to Onew which caused key to get jealous again."Did you came to make Onew cry again?", Key asked.

"What? Who's Onew?", Minho asked.

"That's Jinki nickname.",Jonghyun answered,"Why  did you make him cry?".

"I had no idea I did, I'm sorry.", Minho answered.

"It's okay.", Onew said,"I'm just glad you're here, now you can be friends with both Key and Jonghyun.".

"Actually I came to talk to you Jinki.", Minho said, "I was wondering if we could work on our project now, since I won't be able to work on it after school.".

"Don't worry about the project, I finished it.", Onew said as he took out a stack of papers from his book bag.

"When did you do that?", Key asked a bit shocked.

"During third period class.", Onew answered, "All there is left to do is type it and print it out.".

"This is all correct. How did you manage to finished this in an hour.", Minho asked.

"The subject was quite simple.", Onew answered with a serious tone.

"I'll go type it then.", Minho said as he stood, "Thank you.".

"Wait don't go.", Onew said,"Come here sit besides Kibum.". 

Onew quickly got up and sat besides Jonghyun, causing Key to feel uncomfortable as Minho sat beside him. 

"What is all of this about?", Jonghyun said as he looked over at Onew.

"I want them to be friends.", Onew admitted.

Jonghyun laughed, "You can't force them to be friends if they don't want to.".

Minho sighed, "So how do you and Jinki know each other? He seems rather attached to you.".

"Our parents are work colleagues.", Key lied, "I'm sorry if Jinki has been bothering you. They have different custom where he is from.".

"I thought he was from Seoul?", Minho asked.

"That's just were he previously lived.", Key answered.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After finishing their lunch, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Onew headed out towards the soccer field. Minho wanted to show them what he could do with a soccer ball. Onew stared in amazement as he saw Minho play around with the soccer ball. He found the trick he did rather fascinating.

"Do you want to give it a try?", Minho asked.

"Can I? Really?", Onew asked as he stood.

Minho laughed and handed Onew the soccer ball,"Start with a side kick first.".

Onew tried to do a side kick but he fell, causing Key and Minho to laugh.

"Are you okay?", Jonghyun asked.

"Yes I'm okay.", Onew said as he stood up. He then again tried to do a side kick, causing him to fall once again.

"Onew, I think you should stop.", Key said as he help him up,"None of us will ever be as good as Minho.".

"With a little practice you can be.", Minho said, "I can train you guys.".

"That'll be nice.", Key said,"So are you in the school's soccer team?".

"No, I used to work after school. So I didn't have time,", he responded," now my schedule is all free, but it's to late.".

"I can talk to my dad, with your talent I'm sure they'll let you join the team.", Jonghyun said.

"Really?", Minho smiled,"That would be amazing.".

As they talked and kicked the ball around, Key's bullies appeared and began to make fun of Key once again. Both Minho and Jonghyun defended Key, which made Onew happy. But what happened next Onew didn't expect, the bullies started to hit Minho, Jonghyun and Key. They threw them all to the ground and began to kick them. 

The tallest boy started to approach Onew,"Look guys we forgot one.", he said as he punched Onew on the face.

Onew whole body started to shake, as he felt an emotion he had never felt before. For the first time ever Onew was angry, he clenched his hand into a fist, and punched the tall boy causing him to fall into the ground. The other four boys surrounded Onew, as they then tried to hit him, before they could hit him, Onew punched them first causing  them all to fall into the ground.  Onew stared at Key, Jonghyun and Minho as they laid on the ground, pain visible on their faces. He then looked over at Jonghyun's and Minho's guardian angel, as they starred blankly at him. He could tell they were frighten by what Onew just did. "What have I done?", Onew said as he kneeled down, un-clenching his fist. "I'm sorry.", Onew apologized to god for his actions as he began to cry.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Thank you for reading my story. I hope you enjoy this chapter please leave a comment it would mean a lot to me ... Also for those wondering Taemin is in this story and he is going to make his apperance soon. Thank you and see you all in the next chapter