Just Perhaps

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking On The Cloud

63 Building, 59th Floor

Yeongdeungpo District, South Korea

1:30 p.m.

 

“Noona, why are you staring at them like that?” Jiyong tapped on Dara’s shoulder.

She shook her head and quickly smiled at him, “Ah, nothing, really.”

Jiyong nodded and smiled whilst Dara peeked another sight to Seunghyun and Bom.

 

Right at that moment, the foods came.

Dara tried to hold her assumptions for later, when she is alone with Bom.

She needed to know everything, to be able to support her.

 

“Bom noona,” Seungri’s voice was casual.

“Yes, Seungri-ah?” Bom smiled, but her focus was to her dish.

“Can I ask why Dongwook hyung-nim is so protective of you?”

 

Dara choked on her water whilst Bom freezed hearing his blunt question.

 

Seunghyun and Jiyong thought Seungri’s question was normal, since it was their concerns too.

But after seeing the noonas’ reactions, Seunghyun realized it was inappopriate for them. So he eyed Jiyong to stop Seungri before he goes any where further.

Jiyong quickly understood and kicked Seungri’s knees.

Seungri winced and mouthed ‘why’ at him.

 

“I’m sorry if his question is a bit private, Noonas. Seungri is a bit obtuse since he is still young, please understand that fact.” Jiyong apologized in Seungri’s behalf.

Seungri frowned and furrowed his eyebrows, still clueless of the situation.

Bom forced a smile and nodded.

 

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows at Bom, wondering why she was acting odd.

He turned his sight to Dara who looked tensed.

He couldn’t read anymore further than to the fact that she was worried.

 

What is this? Why are they being like this?

There must be something going on here.

Seunghyun tilted his head.

 

Something must’ve happened for them to act like that.

Soon, Jiyong’s old words swirled around his head again.

 

I wonder if something bad ever happened to Bom-ssi which made him acting like that.

 

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows more.

Is that ‘something bad’ is what I’m thinking right now?

If it’s true, is she okay now?

 

“Anyway, let’s start eating then,” Dara broke the silence, she smiled awkwardly.

Jiyong seconded her, also smiling the same way, “Yeah, that’s right, I’m starving.”

Bom faked another smile.

Seungri raised his glass, starting to notice the awkwardness in the air, “Cheers?”

The other four raised their glasses and toasted, “Cheers!”

 

Seunghyun sipped his drink while peeking a sight to Bom.

He found her smiling but somehow her eyes wasn’t, which is very unlike her.

He got so curious of what she was thinking and whether if his assumptions were true.

 

If it’s true, then Seunghyun finally found the girl he’s been looking for years.

He found the girl who took a mere part in his past, but stayed for a long time in his head.

The girl whose face he doesn’t even remember, but always haunts him in his dreams. Whether it be in his nightmares or happy dreams, she has always been on both, constantly leaving him with questions he could never get the answer.

Which drives him a little crazy, since he doesn’t have a single clue of who she is or why she was inside his head.

 

Seunghyun couldn’t hold his thoughts any longer.

He leaned closer to her and whispered, “Are you okay?”

Bom shook her head, waking herself, and smiled, “Yeah, I’m fine, Seunghyun-ah,”

He tilted his head, looking in disagree, “But you’re not, Bom-ah. Is this because of Seungri’s rude question?”

She shook her head, “No, it’s not rude. It’s not like that. It’s... It’s a bit complicated.”

 

Seunghyun put his glass down on the table and breathed deep.

He turned his head to her again, ”You know, I’m capable of understanding complicated things. So that kind of excuse won’t work with me. Tell me, what is bothering your mind?”

Bom freezed, taking a while to get her senses back.

She smiled politely, “Nothing, actually. Nothing is bothering my mind.”

 

Seunghyun sighed, he wanted to disagree but he couldn’t.

Right now, Bom looked like she was hurting and her eyes were telling him to stop asking questions.

Afraid of making her feel worse, Seunghyun decided to push away his curiousness and obeyed what her eyes were telling him.

“Alright, I’m sorry if I was being pushy. Forget what I said, I know I crossed the line between us.” he smiled bitterly and turned his sight away.

 

Bom’s voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter