The Flashback

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since that lunch date and Bom has been unreachable ever since.

 

Seunghyun threw himself to bed.

He checked on his phone again for hundreds time and soon threw it away. She still hasn’t been giving any respond to his calls nor texts, which makes him go all uneasy and nervous.

 

What if she got sick?

What if she collapsed on the floor and no one knows about it?

 

Seunghyun stood up fast and reached for his jacket.

He opened the door in rush but soon stopped, staying still.

 

Oh, right. She got an oppa to take care of her.

This isn’t necessary, who are you to worry about her, Seunghyun?

 

Feeling somehow dissappointed of getting too attached to her, Seunghyun threw himself to bed again.

He closed his eyes, trying to calm his nerves and threw his negative assumptions away; suggesting himself that she must’ve been really busy with her assignments or what. Yes, he needs to believe that she must’ve had something important to do for her to not give any single news for a full week.
 

Seunghyun took a deep breath.

The more he tried to not think of Bom, the more he got anxious of her. And he doesn’t know why, but everytime her face shows up on his mind, it always leads to that night.

That night when he saved a girl.

Somehow, he felt that she was Bom, even though he wasn’t sure. But it must be true, by how he remembered Lee Dongwook as the girl’s guardian back in the ER, and now, Dongwook is Bom’s brother.

 

Coincidence enough? Guess not.

Seunghyun is sure, but isn’t a hundred percent sure and he could do nothing to confirm it. He couldn’t ask her since he could’ve mistaken and asking that kind of question to a girl is just mannerless.

His only chance of finding the truth are both kind of impossible. One is either trying to remember the girl’s face, or two is to wait for Bom to unveil on her own.

 

Seunghyun furrowed his forehead, decided to choose on the fastest way: trying to recall his puzzled memories.

His mind flew back to that night: the first day of snow on 2005, at a secluded alley in Gangnam.

 

Choi Seunghyun’s mind was somewhere else that he didn’t realise where he was walking.

He was only 18 years old when he first got his heart broken by a girl. That night, he was rejected by his first love just because she couldn’t accept the fact that he was fat.

 

Seunghyun fisted his fingers, holding his anger.

He still couldn’t believe the girl that he loves, would abandon him, only because he was fat few months ago.

 

Like, what’s so wrong with being fat? Do you date a person just by their physical appereance?

Do you not know what I had to go through to be in this state? In order to fit in your criteria?

 

Seunghyun may still be a little chubby in the cheeks, but really, he is a lot skinnier than he was.

He lost about 20kgs of his original weight during a short period of a month, just because his first love said she doesn’t like fat guys.

And after he went through hell from cutting few kilos off his body, he still got his love rejected.

 

Seunghyun was out of words.

He was mad, confused and frustated. He did everything to win her heart but she still rejected him. He got really curious so earlier, he stopped by her house to demand her reasons for rejecting his heart.

But guess what?

The girl confronted him, saying Seunghyun was doing a surgery to remove his fats.

 

Seunghyun got so hurt, he turned around and left without saying anything.

If only the girl knows what kind of tortures he forced himself into making his appereance a bit acceptable, she would at least praised him for his efforts.

 

Seunghyun kicked an empty trash can and soon an echo followed.

He moved his sight around, feeling clueless of his surroundings. He got no idea why he was at a random alley and how he got there. He then shrugged so carelessly and turned around.

But at that very moment, he heard a scream.

 

Seunghyun got his mind alerted as he quickly turned his head towards the sound. He started stepping deeper as he was doubting whether he misheard the scream or not.

But just then, like God was answering his hesitation, another scream was heard and it definitely belonged to a girl.

Realising a danger may have treathen someones life, Seunghyun, without hesitating, ran as fast as he could towards the scream. Not too far from where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter