The Nightmare

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost dark when Park Bom walked home by herself.

Bom didn’t wear enough layers to keep herself warm for she had no clue it’s going to snow that day. She wiped her glasses, it was wet from the cold dew.

A tiny snowflake landed on her nose as she shivered in cold when the wind brushed through her hair. She rushed her steps as her bare fingers started to feel numb.

She took a shortcut to the left into a smaller alley since it’s freezing and she needed to be home by now. Or else, his brother would throw a fit. She walked while gazing on the ground, again, thinking about him.

 

It’s been almost a year since Choi Dongwook left for Harvard, yet there’s still no news from him. And it’s not that Bom didn’t try to get in contact with him, but it’s mainly because she couldn’t get any, even when she tried her hardest.

She sent him e-mails almost every single day, but no respond was ever once given. She tried dialing his number for God-knows-how-many-times, but it was never available. And then Bom, so fearlessly, flew herself to America to search for him all alone. Only to be dragged home by his brother in tears.

She was locked inside the house ever since that recklessness of her.

 

Since that thoughtless attempt, her brother, Lee Dongwook, had grew possessive towards her.

His warm side had became cold and unapproachable ones.

The brother Bom used to always rely on, became this hella scary person who always yelled on her. He was never kind anymore, nor smiling at her again. He didn’t even let her outside the house after 6p.m. and kept her grounded on weekends.

Bom never get a chance to have fun in order to forget Choi Dongwook.

All she could ever do was staring at the ceiling---wondering and hoping---which never came to an end. Also do herself a lot of crying to relieve her stress.

 

It was hard for Bom and living was never more her passion, she thought about suicide.

 

Suddenly, Bom heard a sound behind her, which got her back  to her sense.

Starting to feel uncomfortable, she stepped faster. But as her feet steps on the ground, another followed like an echo. She started to run, noticing a danger threatening her.

 

In the middle of being chased, so unexpectedly, Bom stopped.

 

Wait, there’s no point in running away when I don’t want to live anymore.

I can’t even do suicide since oppa has been watching me like crazy.

So this is probably my chance to escape this cruel world.

If I jumped myself into danger, will Choi Dongwook come and rescue me?

 

No one knows why, but she turned around without a slight bit of fearness in her eyes.

 

Please, save me, Choi Dongwook.

 

Bom found a 40-ish-guy standing few meters ahead her.

He smirked while playing with a metal object on his fingers, “Hello, fearless-pretty-girl, so you decided to play with Oppa?”

She gulped, starting to doubt her decision, noticing another meaning in his voice.

He laughed, “Why do you looked so afraid? Didn’t you stop running because you want to have some fun with us?”

She furrowed her eyebrows, trembling in fear.

Us?

 

Then another guy appeared from his back, smirking so devilishly.

They approached closer and Bom could feel her entire body quivering.

She staggered on her feet, decided to change her mind. She stepped backwards before starting to ran as fast as she possibly could.

The chilly wind didn’t slow her as she managed to get away from them.

 

Bom looked back to check on those guys and found no sign of them. They probably decided to let her go since she managed to escape real fast.

She wasn’t looking where she was running and bumped into a wall. She soon felt her head aching from bumping a little too hard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter