Fooled

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lecture Room 806, 8th floor

Building 303: College of Business Administration

Chung Ang University

Heukseok Ward of Dongjak District

7:00 p.m.

 

Bom sat straight, facing the professor, looking like she was paying full attention.

But truth is, she was daydreaming.

 

It’s been weeks since Bom’s first day of college.

However, that Choi-guy still lingers vividly on her head. And she is seriously going to lose her sane mind because of him.

She felt tremendously curious of him, since he succeed on leaving a deep impression on her, whereas no guys for the past 5 years could ever do. Moreover, he didn't leave a clue of who he is nor how to find him.

Let alone those things, he didn't even leave a name behind.

 

Park Bom closed her eyes, paying closer attention to every detail of the past event.

She realized something.

She now understand why she felt this way. It's not only because of his good looks and well-taught attitudes, but mostly because she felt a peculiar connection between them. She is still clueless of that connection, whether it be as the result of her curiousness or something deeper.

 

Everyday passed by with Bom unconciously hoping she would run to him again, but it never happened.

 

“Okay then, that’s it for today’s lecture. I’ll see you later.” The professor raised a hand and quickly disappeared behind the door.

 

Bom shook her head to wake her senses up.

She gathered her things inside her shoulder bag and stood up. She walked out the classroom, towards the elevator. She entered the most crowded space in the university and pressed the lobby’s button.

 

Bom took the subway and later arrived at Hakdong Station.

She continued home by feet and walked in solitude on her neighborhood, it was dark and silent. She checked on the time.

8:00 p.m.

She sighed in relieve, deeming her brother wasn’t home yet to nag on her for coming home late.

Then suddenly, she heard footsteps from behind.

 

Bom creeped out, recalling her trauma.

Her heart beats wild, eyes widened, skin tingled and goosebumps formed all over her body. As she hurried faster, her heels clacked along the asphalt.

Instead of disappearing, those sounds got louder, she started to hear harsh breaths closer to her ears.

 

Bom gripped tight on her bag as her tears started to blur her sight.

God, please save me.

Don’t let this happen for the second time.

 

Bom felt her knees getting weaker and her head getting dizzy.

She forced herself to run, but those footsteps followed her. She chocked in her own tears while gathering the courage to fight back when things got wrong.

“Excuse me,” a hand grabbed on her shoulder.

 

Bom quickly turned around, and with her bag on the grip, she striked towards that hooded person. Hard enough to knock him down the ground.

She aimed for the head and hit continously, without mercy. That person bent down and covered his head.

She cried out and yelled, “What do you want from me?! What do you want?!”

He pulled away quite far, dizzily stood up and raised his both hands.

 

Bom was about to run away when suddenly he opened his hood and showed his face.

She staggered on her feet, swaying as she started to recognize him.

He curved his lips up, “It’s me, the bumped guy.”

Bom dropped down and started crying hysterically on her knees. She felt so much emotions crippling inside her: anger, shock, panic, relieved and shame.

 

The bumped guy got startled and his smile disappeared.

He approached closer and crouched down towards her, “I’m sorry, did I startle you that much? I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,”

Bom didn’t answer and started choking on her tears. She lowered her head, hiding her red face and runny eyes.

Seeing her reaction, he cursed himself and frustatedly messed his hair, “Ah, I’m so terribly sorry, I didn’t mean to do that. I’m sorry, I’m sorry for making you scared.”

After a long minute, she managed to stop crying. Still hiccuping, she raised her face up and gazed at him. He was already staring with those adorable panicked expression.

He waited for her to say something.

 

Bom pouted, “Don’t ever do that again,” her voice was raspy.

He sighed in guilt, somehow relieved, “I won’t, I promise. I didn’t intend to do that, but this happened at my faults. I apologize. Are you feeling any better now?”

She nodded and tried to get up, “It’s okay. I’m fine now.”

 

That man offered his hand to help her up. Bom accepted.

She rubbed her tears off, dusten her shirt, and breathed deep while gathering herself together.

He gave her bag and smiled in guilt, “My name is Choi Seunghyun.”

She popped her eyes and quickly threw her sight to him. That’s when she found his lips bleeding.

 

Bom cursed at herself, finally got back to her senses.

The Choi-guy she was thinking about for weeks is finally bumping to her again and she was like, beating him hard?

She started realizing how over-reacting she was. She felt hot and soon searched for something inside her bag, at the same time hiding her red-flustered cheeks.

 

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows, puzzled by her ignoring him introducing himself.

Suddenly Bom stepped closer to him---which was kind of startling---and gently pressed his lips with a tissue.

He held his breath; popped his eyes and stared at her, then to her fingers.

She glanced at him and their eyes met.

That was the most awkward 2 seconds of Bom's life.

She soon pulled away, “Ah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter