Right Thing To Do

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Front gate

31-9 Nonhyeon Ward

Gangnam District, South Korea

8:00 a.m.

 

“Tell me, what about him?”

“I told you, he’s my colleague and I only met him twice. Well, thrice with earlier,”

“Then why do you look flustered right now?”

“No, I’m not,”

“Don’t deny it. I know there’s something more than that,”

“Fine, you’re right,”

“What? What am I right about?”

 

Bom looked thoughtful.

She knows she will get in a big trouble if she told her brother that she let a stranger inside the house at night. But if she doesn’t tell him right now, Dongwook would’ve known from Jisung, and things will get even uglier.

Besides, Seunghyun is not a stranger anymore, since last night.

 

“Ya, what took you so long? Answer me, what are you thinking about?” Dongwook sounded curious.

Bom took a deep breath before starting, “ I’m sorry, but to be honest with you, I invited him home last night,”

He raised an eyebrow, “What?! Who did you invite last night?”

She nodded weakly and lowered her voice, “I took Seunghyun in for a little chat last night. But it’s not that late and was only for few minutes, I swear. Seunghyun is well-mannered and also, he had already met Jisung Oppa, so you can confirm it with him.”

He sighed and palmed his head, didn’t move nor say anything for a full minute.

She held her breath and prepared herself to be yelled.

 

But Dongwook didn’t nag on her, instead, his voice was soft, “Are you sure you’re doing the right thing?”

 

Bom tilted her head in confuseness.

She didn’t understand this behaviour.

The brother she knows will not act like this, he would throw a big fit and drag this on for weeks.

She started to wonder if that was just an act so he could explode bigger on her later.

 

Then Dongwook’s words swirled around her head.

Are you sure you’re doing the right thing?

Right thing? What right thing?

 

Bom unexpectedly laughed, “Ya, why are you acting like this? And what do you mean by ‘right thing’?”

Dongwook didn’t join in her laughter, instead he looked serious, “Are you sure that he’s the one?”

 

Bom furrowed her eyebrows shortly after.

She protested, “Why are you taking this seriously?”

Dongwook sighed but sounded softer, “Look, Bommie, I know you better than yourself. Back to those days when Choi Dongwook left, you built these enormous walls around your heart that no one could ever climb, including me. But that’s not a problem, since I am your brother and I’m already inside your heart,”

She was puzzled, “So, your point is?”

He looked up and breathed deep before continuing, “It may not be a problem for me, but it is for you,”

She tilted her head, waiting for him to continue.

“What I mean is, because of those walls, you stopped seeing the beauty of the world. You revolved yourself in your own sadness that you forget to see that there is more in this world than just a mere guy who didn’t even say goodbye before leaving,” he paused to see her reaction.

She stood still, staring at him with daze.

He continued, “But you are improving, Bommie-ah, you are starting to open yourself to heal. This Seunghyun-guy, seems like he already remove some bricks off your walls, which is almost imp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter