The Bitter Reality

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Bom felt a soft fabric covering her body, keeping her in warmth, pleasuring her with the feeling of safety. She smiled in her sleep, nuzzlling herself with the blanket which reeks of expensive detergent.

 

Ah. Smells like home.

She mumbles to herself.

Wait- home?

She popped her eyes open, in shock, she forced her body up.

 

Her colour goes pale when she realised she is on a white king-sized bed, sitting alone, and was even sleeping on the unfamiliar.

Ugly scenarios starts swirling around her head, leaving her with nervousness for she has yet to remember where and why she was even here at the first place. She glances around, only seeing full-windows in front her---with a full view of the sea reflecting the moon---and nothing else in the room, but the bed she’s on. She sees no door, but realises she’s on the second level from the ground. Panicking, she grabs the blanket close to her pounding heart.

Her nerves suddenly went numb as she turns her sight to her trembling self being wrapped by the fabric. The cause of her stomach twisting is the thought of only fabric wrapping around her body and not her single clothes beneath it. She doesn’t want to confirm herself, but still, it is necessary. Slowly, she lifted the blanket, exposing herself while praying to not found herself being .

 

Bom doesn’t remember if she ever been so relieved before, but it felt so reassuring to see herself still completely dressed. Well, not completely, since she is only on her sleeveless blouse and blue jeans.

Someone did took off Seunghyun’s sweat shirt and her cardigan.

Realising this, she felt chills all over her nape and spine, followed by standing applauses from her body hairs. She starts to remember vividly, about how and why she got here. Her stomach dropped at the face showing in her head.

 

Choi Dongwook.

The name reappeared on the surface of her mind again, after a long time it didn’t. Screw it, not just the name, even the person stood before her eyes, ready to mess things up when life starts going right, or at least it will finally be, for she has found Seunghyun as the answer of everything.

Bom gripped tighter on the blanket, eyes feeling hot and watery, her teeth clenched to contain each and every negative emotions trying to crawl out from her body.

 

Why now, when things are getting better, have you made your appereance?

Why now, when I am finally living in present and not stucked in the past anymore?

When I have found one than you, than everyone else?

Why now?

 

It took Bom some time to brace herself to get up from bed and face her bitter reality in a form of a man. Her foot stood below the white marble, she hissed at the coldness. At a glance to the side, she found a staircase to the lower level. First thing in her mind, is to escape here quickly. Well perhaps, finding the missing fabrics which were on her body first, then she can get the hell out of this place.

 

The room---or two-stories bedroom---is so huge, even the bed itself is separated from the rest part of the bedroom. Bom climbed her way down the glass stairs, her moves are silent. Reaching the last step, she glances left and right, making sure there is no sign of her bitter reality there. When she felt sure of herself, she slinked, spotting her missing clothes folded on a weird-looking stand in the middle of the room. Then she realised, as she glances around again, the whole room looked weird---for her taste.

The room is spacious, with white as the main theme; hints of reds and blacks everywhere. There are also glasses everywhere, from the furnitures to the ornaments hanging from the ceiling. The previous stand, is a big crystal, though, and it’s shaped like the most perfect hexagonal she has ever seen. The light hits from the bottom of it and shoots everywhere to the ceiling and walls when she lifted the fabrics off it. She was amused for a second, doubting that weird may not be the perfect word to describe the room. Artistic, is more like it.

Artistic is more like Choi Dongwook.

 

With the name being mentioned inside her head again, Bom felt another twist in her stomach. Not because of the flustered feeling, somehow, but from the bitterness which came all of a sudden. The thought of him doesn’t bring her up to the seventh sky anymore, nor do it gives her a sudden asthma she never had in her gene. The longing is gone, the feeling has fade.

Choi Dongwook is nothing more than a flash of memory.

He belongs to the past, along with her trauma. She can finally said that out loud.

If possible, she doesn’t want to see the owner of this place when she stepped out the room. She doesn’t want to find him there, standing before her, with a smile that used to be her source of strength. She doesn’t want to recall the way his pupils widens when he looks at her, nor how his eyebrows flinches when he is about to speak. She doesn’t need to see all of those with her own eyes again, after seeing them only in her nightmares, almost every single night for half a decade.

 

Bom walked past through everything in the room and reached the doorstep. She grabbed on the handle and opens it slowly, peeking through the little gap she made to see what is going on outside the room.

She saw a kitchen, again, the artistic looking one, and while she was pulling the door open a little bit more, causing a slight crack-ing sound, she found a man standing there. The guy who left without saying anything, with his back in her sight, is there, doing something she couldn’t get a glimpse of.

She gasped, inhaling an amount of oxygen before covering with her palm. This reaction is far from what she visualized. She thought seeing him wouldn’t hurt a single bit, considering her heart is not attached to him anymore. But feeling an ache in her heart and marshmallows as her legs, she knows she is ed up. Her old scars are cracked open again.

She swayed on her marshmallows, almost falling on her knees if that door isn’t there. She pulled herself from peeking, her head dizzy in a sudden. She couldn’t help, but holding her breath as her eyes are getting hot and fingertips are going white from gripping the handle a little too tight.

 

“So, you are awake,” the melodious voice echoed in the spacious room and her head spins wildly.

Bom didn’t say a word, nor breathing.

“I’m sorry, I had to bring you here without your permission. You fainted, on the beach, remember?” the voice is getting closer.

She bites her lip, still not breathing.

“Jenny?” the footsteps can now be heard.

Her grip goes tighter than ever.

“Jenny-ssi?” and the door was pulled open, causing her to be pulled along.

 

Bom didn’t fell on his arms as like in most scenes of dramas. She felt her nerves started responding again, so she stopped herself when she was about to fall and took few steps back when she realised she was only inches apart from him.

Dongwook who was reaching out his arms to her as a reflect, pulls them, and wrinkled his forehead at her reaction. Looking puzzled before relaxing his face muscles, he asked, “Are you sick?”

She doesn’t respond.

He took a deep breath and stepped closer, “Jenny, are you okay? You look pale and dehydrated. Come, follow me, I made you some tea.”

Before she could even catch what he was saying---screw everything, even Bom is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter