Sweatshirt Effect

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Superior Suite 112, 7th floor

Sun Cruise Resort & Yacht

Gangneung City

Gangwon Province, South Korea

06:30 a.m.

 

The sun has risen beautifully, yet the five sleepy heads are still snoring inside their blankets.

 

Park Bom opened her eyes when the warm sunlight hits her face. She found Dara still sleeping next to her.

She smiled as she saw the scenery outside the windows, it was majestic and looked a bit unreal like it was just a painting which costs more than her life spending.

She got up fast and rushed to open the windows. Soon, the fresh air of the seas blew on her face and hair. She healed as much air as she can, enjoying the breeze she couldn’t find in Seoul.

Feeling too relaxed, she yawned, soon realising she was not in her pajamas, but a black over-sized sweatshirt.

Her face changed as she started to remember what happened yesterday.

 

Last night, after Seungri told her they’re going somewhere fun, Bom dressed herself in a sleeveless blouse and topped it with some laced cardigan. She paired them with a fitted blue jeans and open-toes sandals. She was ready for some adventure; the thoughts of bonfires and riding jeeps excites her adrenaline.

But turns out, they’re only having a party, well, more like, a small gathering in their private decks.

 

Bom was disappointed, for she had such a high expectation on the adventure and fun Seungri mentioned about.

Furthermore, she wasted her time and efforts to re-do all her make-up after removing it and putting on her night cream, as she thought the day has ended.

But looking at how Seunghyun was smiling when she stepped on the decks, erased her disappointment in instant.

Suddenly, she was thankful she got another chance to be near him as she saw an empty spot next to him. Plus, this would be the first time they ever got the chance to spend the night together. And she has been longing for this moment to come.

 

What could be better than sitting next to Seunghyun, doing nothing, but enjoying each other’s companies?

Oh, well, being in his embrace would be better, also absorbing some of his warmth would be best since it was cold.

But again, who is she to ever think like that?

Just a mere girl who keeps on rejecting the one she loves, just because she’s afraid of being hurt.

But luckily, she had changed her mind, for the better.

 

Seeing how improper Bom was dressing, Seunghyun couldn’t bare it.

He gave her his sweatshirt and was left wearing nothing but a t-shirt. She did keep on refusing him for doing so, but because of some disturbance, she totally forgot about it.

And he felt relieved for that.

 

During the night, the squad had so much fun.

They laughed and talked a lot of random stuffs. They roasted some marshmallows, played cards and stack blocks, drank beers and stuffs, until Bom noticed Seunghyun was acting odd.

He didn’t laugh and talk much. He stayed silent and only responds when someone mentioned his name. He didn’t even finish his single can of beer when he usually drank tons of them. Those were already not him, and too add more, his face was pale and color-less.

He looked pretty much unspirited.

 

When it’s getting late and the squad headed to their rooms for some rest, Bom caught Seunghyun was taking a pill in silent.

After snatching the package from him, she found out it was paracetamol.

That moment, she finally understood why he was acting odd.

 

Bom wanted to throw a fit since Seunghyun got sick for lending his sweatshirt, but looking at his feeble gaze and weak smile which were pleading at her, she couldn’t bare herself.

She sighed deeply and decided to let it pass, since it was her fault too that he got sick.

 

The guilty Bom then decided to pay for her wrong-doing.

Even when Seunghyun told her it’s not her fault, she refused to listen to him.

 

Bom stayed up late to take care of the strength-less guy.

When the others were already asleep, she was still busy cooking some porridge for him.

Seunghyun felt bad for stealing her time to sleep, but at the same time, he felt happy she took care of him.

Even when he got sores everywhere in his body and his head was heavy he couldn’t see right, he was still grateful. For he got the chance to just sit there and stares at the girl he loves preparing food for him. He didn’t even bother throwing his sight away since Bom’s attention was to her cooking.

 

But soon after, Seunghyun didn’t feel happy at all.

He couldn’t swallow a thing even when the texture of the porridge was already aqueous. His throat and stomach rejected everything, even drinking water was a torture for him.

But being sick was not what made him felt unhappy, it was the fact that he stressed Bom out with that kind of behaviour.

 

Seunghyun felt uneasy with her desperately trying to make him feel better and yet, he couldn’t do a thing about it.

Bom gave her best shot in feeding him, but after a few scoop, he threw everything out.

Instead of being grossed by that, she looked like she was about to cry. He noticed her getting blue and hope-less before she hid them with a smile, and for that, he felt beyond guilty.

 

Seunghyun firmly decided to push his nauseatic feeling away and forced himself to eat.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter