Childhood Friend

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a car

On a random street

Jung District, South Korea

11:00 a.m.

 

“Are you doing okay?” Seunghyun turned his head to Bom when the traffic light turns red.

“Yes, I’m fine. Why are you asking me that?” she carefully turned her head to him.

He shrugged with smiles, “Because I can’t get a hold of you since a month ago and I’m worried that something happened to you,”

Her heart suddenly rustled as she swallowed her saliva, “Ah, about that, I’m sorry if I was rude but I had some stuffs to take care about,”

He nodded, smiling warmer than ever, “Well, don’t be sorry. Everything is okay since you’re here now.”

 

Bom got rustled again and was too bewildered to answer, so she made a polite smile before turning her head in front, hiding her dumb-ish expression.

She diverted, “It’s green now, Seunghyun-ssi.”

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow and his face flatten. He turned his head forward and soon after, he stepped on the gas with still maintaining that cold-ish expression.

 

Bom threw her sight to the side window and sighed silently, she managed to avoid further conversations with Seunghyun.

Not that she’s not in the mood of talking, but more because she didn’t want him to realise the odd tone in her voice she can’t get rid of. Her voice is still raspy because of her crying earlier and she sounded like she just smoked 2 packs of cigarettes.

 

Seunghyun must not know about what happened during the month Bom avoided him.

He must not know her past, trauma, and scars. He must not know everything.

 

This time, Bom had to broke her promise of telling Seunghyun about everything.

She had to take back her words and agreed with Dara. Even when she won in their small debate that day, she had to admit, Dara was kind of right.

 

What if he couldn’t accept the fact?

What if he is not that trustworthy?

 

If that’s the case, then at the end, Bom will be the only one broken. For Seunghyun will leave her behind and she will be the one longing.

Again and again, she’s going to face that same phase as when Choi Dongwook left.

So she refused to experience that all over again. Even once is already too much pain.

 

“Is your niece’s birthday near?”

 

Seunghyun’s sudden question startled Bom.

She got back to her senses and turned her sight to him. But he wasn’t looking at her, as he was focusing on the road.

 

All of a sudden, Bom’s attention got diverted as she stared at him.

Seunghyun looked so perfectly hot just sitting there driving.

With his right hand on the steer and the other supporting his head, he looked like he was posing for a commercial ad.

 

“Bom-ah?” Seunghyun turned his head and caught her staring intensely at him.

Bom’s cheeks redden as she hurriedly turned her sight away, “Ah, yes. It’s next week,”

Seunghyun grinned, noticing her flustered movements, “Ya, why are you looking away when we’re talking?”

She cleared and shrugged, “Well, I... I just don’t want to divert your attention. Stop looking at me and turn your head forward. Please, drive carefully,”

He grinned even wider and obeyed her, “Yes, Maam!”

Then Bom finally grew a sincere smile.

 

Seunghyun his own temples, then to his lips to hide his smile.

He just caught Bom staring at him and he swore, her gaze was everything he ever wanted her to look at him forever.

That gaze was hers: the girl in his dreams and the girl he rescued, and now that girl is sitting closely next to him.

 

Seunghyun bit his lower lip as a thought suddenly filled him.

Starting from the month when Bom wasn’t available, he has been searching for a way to tell her that he was the one who saved her. But even until now, he still can’t find a way to do so.

He needs to know Bom better and deeper, to finally start talking about that sensitive matter bits by bits. He still feel like they’re not close enough and that he needs more time to know what condition Bom is in right now. She couldn’t be perfectly fine after what happened in her past, since it was too dark and painful.

 

Seunghyun’s face changed as he remembered something.

Back in the restaurant, when Bom told him to wait for her.

 

Will you wait if I said I will tell you everything?

 

Since Seungri interrupted them that day, Seunghyun didn’t get a chance to sense her implied meaning.

But now, he finally understands what Bom was refering to when she mentioned ‘everything’. It must be about her past, which was too painful to even be called so.

Realising the fact, Seunghyun couldn’t even swallow his saliva.

He is now aware of how aching Bom must’ve been, living with those painful memories torturing her.

So he has decided. He will not reveal himself for the time being, until he found the perfect timing.

But it doesn’t mean that he refused if she wants to tell him everything by herself, so he‘s going to let her know that he’s waiting, and will always wait until she’s ready.

 

“I will wait, Bom-ah,” Seunghyun destroyed the silence between them.

Bom tilted her head and turned her sight to him, “For what?”

He smiled, but didn’t turn his head to her, “I’m answering the question I didn’t get to respond back in the restaurant,”

She furrowed her eyebrows and questioned, “What? Which one-” but soon stopped.

He turned to her, smiling so oddly comforting, “Remember now?”

 

Bom gulped. This is exactly what she had been avoiding, talking about that matter.

She froze there, unable to speak nor turning her sight away from his hypnotizing eyes.

Seunghyun glanced quick to the roads before raising an eyebrow towards her, “What? Is there something wrong?”

She shook her head and forced a smile, “No, it’s not it. It’s just...”

He tilted his head, eyes still on her, “Just what?”

She sighed deeply, “I’ll tell you later when you’re not driving, you’re not focusing on your driving right now,”

He stared at her deeply, his eyes looking somehow soothing, “Alright, I’m sorry.”

 

Bom didn’t respond any further and they stayed in silence, just like that, even until they arrived at the mall.

 

Times Square Shopping Center

Yeongdeungpo District, South Korea

11:30 a.m.

 

“Are you hungry?” Seunghyun asked as soon as they entered the building.

Bom’s smile appeared, “Yes! I’ve been starving!”

He laughed seeing her reaction and soon, his worries disappeared, “Well, do you crave something?”

She swayed her head thinking, “Hmm, porks?” she grinned.

He laughed even harder, but soon stopped, “Oh, I know a place here,” he then grabbed Bom by her wrist, “Come on, follow me.”

She was blushed by him grabbing onto her wrist but before she knew it, Seunghyun was already dragging her towards the escalator.

 

Soega & Cook

Times Square Shopping Center

Yeongdeungpo District, South Korea

11:35 a.m.

 

Seunghyun and Bom entered a comfy-themed restaurant---well frankly speaking, Bom was a bit dragged there---and took a seat in the corner which is a bit private and hidden.

They sat across, facing each other.

 

The waitress approached and greeted them politely in smiles.

She put the menus on the table and Bom was about to read when suddenly, Seunghyun put his hand on them.

“We’ll have a Hansang, the Fried Pork Steak one, please.” he ordered.

 

Bom looked at his hand and dragged her sight up to his face.

She found him looking up to the waitress, which made his bare neck shows from beneath his shirt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter