Coffee Gone Blue

Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grand Banquet Hall

The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel

Jung District, South Korea

09:10 a.m.

 

“In conclusion, The Westin Chosun Seoul promises to continue our tradition of being the finest in this industry and to provide you with The Westin Chosun Seoul’s unparalleled services and warm hospitality. Thank you so much for your attention.” Dongwook smiled politely and formally bowed down.

The audiences clapped their hands, and so did Bom.

 

Dongwook walked away from the podium and took a seat next to Bom.

“How was it? Was I cool?” he whispered while grinning stupidly and soon his earlier charismatic side disappeared.

Bom pouted, “You looked so firm and fierce just a moment ago, but look at yourself now,”

He bursted out laughing and silenced himself, “Ya, let’s get out of here, I’m bored,”

She furrowed her eyebrows, “But the event was just starting. I don’t understand, I thought you are the chairman? Aren’t you supposed to be here until the end?”

He smiled, “Because I’m the chairman, I’m capable of doing anything I want. Besides, my job here is just to make sure the investors saw me. I did my job well and now it’s time for me to rest, come on,” he grabbed her wrists.

She nodded and followed her brother, but soon feeling uneasy because of the sullen glances which were following their movements.

 

CEO’s Office

The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel

Jung District, South Korea

09:30 a.m.

 

Dongwook was in his desk, signing some papers while Bom was standing by the full windows, staring emptily with a cup of coffee in her grab.

The coffee has already been cold, yet the memories are still bold.

 

Park Bom still remembers every single thing about her trauma, not a single piece of the event are missing, except one:

Face of the man who saved her. Her rescuer. Her hero.

Even when Bom tried her best to remember his face, she still couldn’t get a glimpse. Probably because she was so in shock that day, her brain didn’t function well. Moreover, Bom wasn’t in her best condition since she almost lost her fingers due to moderate symptoms of hypothermia.

 

All that’s left from him, is a goddamn scarf. An oversized red scarf anyone could find in the stores.

But even though Bom hasn’t found the owner until now, she is still hoping that she would ran to him again. Even just for a brief moment, or if it’s only for 5 minutes, both will do the job, for her to say her sincerest thankfulness. Because ever since that day, her desperate days full of gloom, had changed for the best.

Her brother, Lee Dongwook, was never cruel and cold towards her again. He changed, and to be more precise, he was back to this warm-hearted brother Bom always remembered him to be.

Dongwook never kept Bom locked inside, nor grounded her on weekends again.

He destroyed the wall between them and stayed by her side 24/7, and even though it was kind of annoying, it couldn’t be more comforting.

To have someone who stayed by yourside, and making sure you’re healing from your scars.

 

So that man who saved Bom, played an important role in her life.

Not just for saving her from a heartless criminal attempt, but also for saving her entire life:

Turning around her darkest days full of depression, throwing away her suicide thoughts.

Making her to be completely aware, that there is more in this world to be explored. Which includes: finding him.

 

Bom needs to find him, but couldn’t do a thing.

She doesn’t have a single clue.

And for that, she felt blue.

 

“I didn’t bring you up here so that you could have a peaceful time thinking about how to kill yourself,”

 

Lee Dongwook’s old-style-nagging brought Bom back to the present.

She turned around, eyebrows furrowed as hard as she could, “Ya! I wasn’t!”

Dongwook tutted, eyes still on the papers, “Yeah, tell me about that.”

 

Bom got offended.

She wanted to yell but refused herself, noticing his brother was sounding odd. Instead, she walked towards him and sat across the desk.

“Are you that busy? What can I do to help you?” she diverted the conversation, flinching a little when she sipped the cold coffee.

Dongwook carelessly nodded, still didn’t lift up his face, “Hm-hm,”

Bom pouted and repeated, “Can I help?”

He shook his head, “No, thanks,”

She leaned closer, searching for his eyes, “Oppa, why are you acting like this?”

 

Dongwook stopped turning pages and freezed.

He put down his pen and took a deep breath before lifting his face up to Bom, with a gaze which was oddly warm. That was unexpected.

 

“I hate what you’re doing right now, Park Bom-ssi,” Dongwook sounded somehow desperate.

Bom popped her eyes and tilted her head a bit, waiting for his words to utter completely.

“Stop following me to work a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter