Five Years Later... ;)

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Min Young's POV

“Yah, are you seriously putting that much?” Yunho asked as he noticed the amount of food I was placing in the Tupperware. He was just pouring himself a cup of coffee.

  I turned towards him and asked, “Why? Is it too little?”

  He looked at me in disbelief and repeated, “Too little? That’s too much!! You should lessen it.”

  Now it was my turn to be in disbelief. I scoffed and said, “Too much? He needs his energy!! It’s so he won’t be energy deficient! He too by the way needs them after playing so hard with his friends.”

  “That’s not to supply energy. That much is going to make him gain extra, unneeded pounds!” Yunho argued.

  I asked him with my hands no crossed, “Oh, really? And how do you suggest I make of your three times a week daily trips to the ice cream parlour? Isn’t that unhealthy too?!”

  He points a finger at me and says, “Now that’s a different story.”

  My eyes widened at his answer, “Eh?!”

  We continued to argue about it and completely caused a loud ruckus in the household if it weren’t for a small commanding voice ordering us, “Mom! Dad! Stop fighting, please!”

  The both of us looked over the counter to see whom the small voice came from and both of us turned Scarlet. I smiled at him and said, “I’m sorry, Jae Hwan-ssi.” I then turned to Yunho and shot him a scowl as I add, “Daddy was just being ridiculous. The arguments seemed a little hard to deflect.”

  Yunho merely ignored my words and placed his mug of coffee down onto the counter after finishing up. He then went over from behind the counter to our three year old son and kneeled down on one knee.

  Yunho placed his hands on Jae Hwan’s fragile shoulders and asked, “How’s my big man? Are you ready for school?”

  “Why is it that Mommy and Daddy always fight? I don’t like it,” Jae Hwan said glumly.

  Yunho let out a sigh and looked over to me who just shrugged and let him do all the explaining for a change. He turned back to Jae Hwan and eyed him before saying, “Well that’s just life, Jae Hwan-ssi. If we were to not fight, it would be . . . well, abnormal. At least we get it out of our chests, you know?”

  “But do you have to yell?” he asked with the frown still present on his face.

  “They have to, because that’s how they show their love for each other,” our five year old daughter, Ye Jin, joined in on the conversation. We could hear her feet stomping on the staircase as she ran down and went straight towards me. She leaned forward and asked me worriedly, “Mom, I think Jae Hwan took my colour pencils again.”

  “I did not!!” Jae Hwan objected strongly.

  Ye Jin yelled him, “Did too!!”

  Jae Hwan argued, “Did not!!”

  Ye Jin yelled triumphantly, “Did TOO!!”

  I turned to Ye Jin, who was looking at me, pleading for me to do something and I gave her a wink. She clapped happily as I leaned forward against the counter and pointed my forefinger to Jae Hwan in a menacing manner.

  “Now Jae Hwan-ssi, I don’t like you stealing Ye Jin’s stuff. Give it back to her, right this instant,” I ordered him.

  “But Mom, I didn’t take it!” he strongly rejected.

  “Look, he says he didn’t take it so he didn’t take it,” Yunho said while turning to me to make me stop. He then turned his attention back to Jae Hwan as he asked for sure, “Right kiddo?”

  “Honest!!” Jae Hwan said.

  “See, what did I tell you?” Yunho said with a smile of satisfaction plastered on his face.

  I merely ignore Yunho’s words and said, “On the count of three, one . . .”

  “But I didn’t take it!” Jae Hwan said.

  I continue, “Two . . .”

  “You better not be lying, Jae Hwan-ssi!” Ye Jin yelled.

  “Three . . .” I was about to say, ‘No lunch pack,’ when Jae Hwan admitted defeat.

  “Alright, it’s in my backpack!!” Jae Hwan yelled.

  I crossed my arms in contempt as Yunho said, “What?!” Yunho took his backpack and ped it and looked at Jae Hwan disappointingly as he took out Ye Jin’s colour pencils.

  Ye Jin immediately took them out of Yunho’s hands and hugged them as she said to me, “Thank you, Mom!”

  “You are most welcomed,” I told her and lightly tapped the tip of her nose with my forefinger.

  “Jae Hwan-ssi,” I heard Yunho call out our son and turned my attention to the two. Jae Hwan was gripping his little hands together as he played with his foot and looked down. He couldn’t face his father. “How could you lie to me?” Yunho asked so seriously and Jae Hwan remained silent. “This requires punishment,” Yunho said and Jae Hwan looked up to him with wide eyes.

  As Yunho prepared for the punishment, Jae Hwan said, “No! I’ll be good! Daddy!! Mom, help me!!” I just watched as Yunho picked him up by the legs and turned him over so he now hung with his feet up in the air.

  “Someone has been a very bad boy,” Yunho said with a smile as he twirled around as Jae Hwan flailed his arms to stop.

  As I watched them, I couldn’t help but grimace at how dangerous it looked. Yunho had resorted to that all this while but I still find it nerve-wrecking to watch. Ye Jin on the other hand merely laughed and giggled as her father ‘punished’ Jae Hwan.

  “Yunho-ssi, I think you can stop now,” I told him while watching Jae Hwan hanging by his legs carefully.

  Yunho turned around and looked at me with an innocent look and said, “Why? I’m just getting warmed up.”

  “We have school, Dad!” Jae Hwan exclaimed as his short arms dangled over his head.

  “He’s right, we might be late again.” Ye Jin agreed while swaying from side-to-side.

  Yunho turned Jae Hwan back up and carried him in his arms as he asked, “Alright, who wants to ride at the back this time?”

  Both our kids raised their hands and yelled in unison, “Ooh Me!! Me!! I want to!!! Pick me!!”

  I watched with surprised as Ye Jin started, “Jae Hwan rode with you last time!!”

  “Who said so? You rode it last!!” Jae Hwan replied back angrily.

  Ye Jin strongly said, “I did not!”

  “Uh-huh, you did,” Jae Hwan said while nodding his head vigorously.

  They were back to bickering with each other and I stopped them by saying with hurt, “No one wants to ride with me?”

  Ye Jin turned her head to me and said, “No offence Mom, but you always drive with the top up.”

  I frowned and turned to Yunho who smiled and raised a hand in defence, “Hey, don’t look at me.”

  “How could I, I have you to blame for the adrenaline rush they get from all of the danger.” I retorted. “Fine, be that way,” I sulked as I pushed their Tupperware to them and added, “You two can ride on the bike with your father while I drive to work with my top, down.” I looked at Yunho the whole time as he his teeth at the competition.

  “Mom, I want to go with you!!” Ye Jin yelled as she clung to my leg.

  “No, I want to go!!” Jae Hwan said and tried to push himself out of Yunho’s grip and come to me. I laughed in victory and at Yunho’s expression as his jaw literally dropped.

  “Now that’s just unfair,” Yunho said as he picked up his helmet while I placed their Tupperware into their bags.

  I merely laughed to myself and followed them out. I locked the door behind me and opened the door to the driver seat of my car to press the button to let my top down. Yunho then hands Jae Hwan to me and I placed him in the passenger seat and strapped him into it with the seatbelt. I got in right after him and buckled myself to my seat as well.

  Yunho on the other hand brought Ye Jin and helped her tuck her hair under her helmet. He let her sit in front – since she’s small, it’s a lucky thing – and mounted right behind her. He slid on his helmet and leaned forward so he could turn the ignition on. It roared to life and he gave me a thumb’s up before swerving to the right and left us to follow him.

  I shook my head and shifted my car into gear and drove off. In order to catch up to Yunho, I had to drive according to his speed and cause Jae Hwan to throw his hands up in the air and yell out from the breeze blowing in his hair. I just shook my head and used one hand to ruffle his hair. He just gave me a goofy grin and I had to laugh at the sight.

  Not long after, we had reached the school and arrived just in the nick of time. Just as both or children’ feet touched the grass, the bell rang. I gave Jae Hwan a tight hug and kissed him on the forehead before running to his father and was faced with Ye Jin. She threw her arms around me and pecked me on the cheek while I pecked hers. After that, we watched them as they ran after their friends, greeting them and greeted the teacher that called them in.

  The school was a kindergarten that also served as a nursery. We found it very convenient as it was very near to the house and Yunho we could just as easily pick them up during our lunch time. Perhaps even eat lunch together after asking Yunho to get take-out when I picked up the kids. Sometimes, we would switch roles.

  As we watched from afar through the glass window, I thought of where I had been years ago. I was a normal wife back then, going through hardships such as work and having to satisfy a very pompous husband every day. After an affair and two divorces, I was now married to the man who is also a divorcee and have two beautiful children just in that amount of time. I had never thought I’d be so lucky and fortunate.

  I looked up to Yunho who had an arm curled around my neck from behind and flashed him my smile before saying, “Who would’ve thought, aye?”

  He looked down and smiled as he leans closer and tries to kiss me but I moved back. He looked at me from where he froze and asked, “What’s wrong?”

  I averted my eyes to the school and then back to him to show what I meant. It only caused him confusion as he knitted his eyebrows together. I gave him a light slap on the chest and said, “We’re at a school. They can see us.”

  He merely smiled mischievously and said, “So?” I just laughed and leaned in while he leans in too for a kiss if only we weren’t disrupted by our cell phone ringing loudly in our pockets.

  The both of us rolled our eyes and fished out our phones. I said first, “Hello, Dr Jang speaking.”

  Later on did Yunho chime in, “Hello, Jung Yunho here.”

  After a moment of silence and giving each other eye contact, we rolled our eyes again and sighed as we said in unison, “I’ll be right over.”

  I hung up and said, “There’s a patient who moved his ten o’clock to nine so I need to get there quick.”

  “Jonghyun is having trouble prepping this year’s new batch of trainees so he calls me for help instead of Director Ji Hun,” he told me.

  I laughed as he uncurled his arm around me and walked back to his bike while I walked back to my car. I had just unlocked the car when I suddenly I was turned around and was kissed by Yunho. It took me by total surprise but I recovered quick enough to reply him the favour.

  When we pulled away, my arms were still curled around his neck while his were still around my waist. He lifted a hand and tucked the few strands of hair blowing in my face before leaning against my forehead with his and said, “I love you.”

  “I love you too,” I replied and watched as he slowly distanced himself between us and walked back to his bike.

  I continued to watch as he mounted his bike and rode away into the distance. I really should count my lucky stars for Yunho was the best spouse I could have. Sure was worth exchanging him for Si Won, huh?  

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

 


 

*sniff sniff* How touching! I'm gonna miss you guys!!  T~T Well, hope you guys enjoy~!! ^^ I had a blast writing this fic and reading the responses. It was a ball.

So, I would just like to say...

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING!!

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003