Approval.....

Spouse Exchange

Dear Readers,

I know I said after 5 comments I'd post up this chappie but I had a little problem along the way. I was having trouble connecting the storylines together... hehehe ^^''  So, here it is.... To me, it kinda . . .  ?? because I hit a dead end so... hopefully it's good....

ENJOY!!  ^^


 

 

Yunho's POV

It was a really quiet and awkward night. When I entered our room, Min Young was sitting on the bed, hugging her knees as she stared into oblivion with red blotched eyes. I couldn’t say anything to her because she had become a statue. I just took one of the pillows on the bed, searched the room for a blanket and settled on the floor by the foot of the bed.

  I looked over my shoulder as I made my way to the switches so I could switch the light off. “Goodnight, Min Young,” I wished her but stopped just as I place my hand on the switch when I heard her start to sob.

  I turn around and saw her shoulders shake as she sobbed into her knees. I walked over to her, sat at the edge of the bed and tried to calm her down. Seeing she wasn’t the least bit comforted, I scooted closer and placed my arm around her as her head leaned against my shoulder, soaking my shirt with her tears. I was used to it so I just let her do so.

  Her hands gripped my shirt as she sobbed harder. I just soothed her back and brushed her hair with my fingers. I leaned my cheek against her head and just brought her closer until I cradled her in my arms. She didn’t seem to mind as I did so.

  “Why must he be like that?” she said all of a sudden in a cracked voice.

  “He just doesn’t understand what you are going through . . . what we are going through.” I reasoned.

  “I just wish he could,” she said and buried her face in my neck.

  My arms around her tightened her in my embrace when she started to cry again. I then whispered in her ear what I always say when she’s like this, “It’s okay. Everything is going to be fine. We’ll get through this.”

  After a while, she had stopped and eventually she fell asleep in my arms. I smiled at the sight of her sleeping. It never ceased to make me smile.

  I lay her head onto the pillow and tucked her under the covers. After that, I took off my shirt, hung it on my luggage by the side and – luckily I had decided to wear boxers today – I took off my pants and just slept in my boxers and tank top. I didn’t want to create a ruckus looking through my bag for the perfect attire for the night, not after Min Young had successfully fallen asleep after what she had went through.

  After that, I went back to the switches by the door and flipped the switch off.

 

 

The next morning, I woke up earlier than Min Young. I quickly went into the bathroom after scurrying through my luggage for any appropriate clothes for the day. Of course, I had to do it swiftly and silently so not to wake Min Young up. I had to thank the Action School for my experience as a stuntman on a movie that involved being a ninja for this.

  Once I had taken a shower, I changed into a pair of linen pants, a pale yellow sweater and then I checked on Min Young. She was still asleep so I just left her undisturbed. I went downstairs and saw Geun Suk on the couch, watching news of some sort.

  I sat beside him and greeted, “Good morning.”

  “Good morning,” he replied back in a sombre tone.

  “How was your sleep last night?” I asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

  He harrumphed and said in the same sombre tone, “Miserable. I miss my king-size bed.”

  “Uh . . . what is it that you do for a living actually?” I asked him with an eyebrow raised in his direction.

  “I’m an actor slash singer,” he said with a smile when he turned to me. I just stared at him blankly as he explained, “You’ve probably seen my work on ‘You’re Beautiful’. It’s airing as of right now.”

  I smiled weakly and said, “No wonder you seemed familiar.”

  I lied to him because I didn’t want him to think I was some guy left behind in the entertainment world. I never cared for dramas, only action-packed movies for my work. When we became quiet, the both of us turned to the TV and watched as the news caster reported the news of the morning.

  I was actually watching it intently because the news was interesting when suddenly Geun Suk asked, “How’s Min Young holding up?”

  I turned to him and answered solemnly, “She’s asleep as of right now.” I looked away and added, “She must be completely worn out from yesterday.”

  “You know . . . I never liked that Si Won guy.” Geun Suk suddenly confessed and turned to me the same time I turned to him. He further explained his reason, “He keeps kissing up to my father so it irritates me. Just because my father is the director at the Seoul General Hospital, he keeps giving him flattery and praises.” Geun Suk then made a face and said, “Makes him sound . . . fake.”

  “Well, you know how I feel about him . . . I completely hate his guts.” I told him frankly.

  “The girl he’s cheating on my sister with . . . it’s your wife, isn’t it?” he asked. I nodded and he asked, “What does she do for a living anyway?”

  “She’s an actress,” I said.

  “What?!” he yelled. “He dumped my sister, a dentist . . . for a skinny little actress?!” he yelled me questioningly.

  “Look, I’m about as clueless as you are as to how he got attracted to Su Yeon in the first place,” I said as I place my hands up in surrender.

  “I swear, when I see that bastard’s face . . .” he trailed off and mumbled cuss words as he continued to watch the TV.

  I just leaned back and cross my arms as I watch quietly beside him. I then had a thought and wondered if I should give it a shot. Min Young wasn’t up yet so I guess a little chat with her father wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Maybe, I might just be able to enlighten his heart on her situation and he’ll at least cut her some slack.

  “Hey uh . . . where’s Mr Jang?” I asked, sitting up in my seat.

  “He’s at the garage, trying fix up some old junk that hasn’t been able to run for the past millennium.” Geun Suk asked as he flipped to another channel. He then slowly turned his head to me, raised an eyebrow and asked, “Why do you ask?”

  “Perhaps I’ll go and have a little chat with him,” I said as I stood up and made my way to the door.

  As I place my hand on the knob of the door, I stopped to listen to Geun Suk’s words, “Good luck.” Then, I turned the knob and opened the door.

  Slamming the door shut, I walk down the few steps and looked around for the garage. I suddenly heard ruckus coming from my left and jogged over to the sound. Soon, I was standing in front of an old Mustang, with its body paint only red from the rusting and the hood was wide open. I could see the engine inside but I saw no one around.

  Suddenly, I heard yet again ruckus and went in to find Mr Jang standing amidst fallen wrenches, nuts, hammers and other handyman gear. As he kneels down on one knee to pick it up, I offered, “Here, let me.” He seemed surprised to see me there but I just ignored his stare as he watched me pick up the stuff and place them on the table on my right. Once I had put them on the table, I crossed my arms, tucked my hands under my arms and asked, “Need any help?”

  He said coldly, “No, thank you.”

  Casually, he pushed past by me and stood over the engine, gave it a good look before tuning something with the wrench. He then walked over to the driver seat where I was standing and pushed me aside so he could reach for the keys and turn the ignition. Sadly, it still didn’t roar to life like the way it’s supposed to.

  “Maybe you should clean the insides before you start. Sometimes the oil and grease prevents the-” I was cut off from my explanation when he turned around and shot me a glare. “Just . . . just trying to help . . . sir,” I said nervously.

  He stood up straight, places the wrench on the table and asks, “Why?”

  “Well, you are my father-in-law, sir.” I answered.

  He was silent for a moment but then picked up the wrench and handed it to me. “If you’re so clever, why not you try it yourself?” he told me.

  Gingerly, I took the wrench out of his hands and walked over to the old engine. It was a very old model. I’ve never seen it before. Giving it a good study, I just use my hands and turned a knob that connected a wire to the engine. Looking inside, fair enough, it was greased with oil.

  “Could you please pass me the cloth, sir?” I asked him. He grabbed it and tossed it over to me. I caught it in time and wiped it clean before putting it back into its socket. “Try starting the car, sir,” I said and he obliged. For a heart-wrenching few seconds as Mr Jang turned the keys in the ignition, I had hoped for the worst – which was for the car to not come to life – but by some miracle, it did.

  We were in shock. He turned to me and I was surprised he smiled. He then said, “You did it.” He came over to me grabs the side of my arms and shakes me as he exclaims; “You actually did it!!”

  “Yes, I did, sir,” I said, sharing his happiness with a smile. He released me and looked over to the engine. He seemed genuinely happy and excited but it soon disappeared. “What’s wrong, sir?” I asked; a little worried at how sudden his mood changed.

  He turned to me and said, “Despite my cold remarks, you still helped.”

  “Sir . . . you’re my father-in-law. It would be what Min Young would want, to have a good relationship with one’s in-laws.” I reasoned.

  He slammed the hood shut and said, “Your relationship with Min Young seems a little different than with her late husband Si Won.”

  “Yes, our relationship is different indeed,” I admitted bashfully as I rub the back of my head.

  He looked away from me and let out a sigh before saying sadly, “I wonder how she must’ve been during the separation. It must’ve killed her.”

  “It did, sir,” I confirmed for him. He turned to me and only gave me a look of question and I explained, “I was there the night it all happened. She was completely destroyed. Her heart really broke to pieces . . . I’ve never seen someone so badly hurt in my life.”

  “I am to blame partially for what I did. I had expected so much from her.” Mr Jang admitted and turned to me to say, “I only want what’s best for her. Si Won seemed so capable and . . . now this happens.” He looked away for a moment to place his hands on his hips and then turned back to me to say, “You were there too, huh, when it all happened?”

  “It took place in my apartment, sir,” I said and his eyebrows knit together in confusion. “The woman in question he’s cheating on with is allegedly my wife, sir,” I explained and his eyes lit up in surprise.

  “You don’t say,” he says in a whisper.

  “You can say I pretty much well know how Min Young feels,” I said casually and traced my fingers along the lines of the hood of the Mustang.

  As we stood there in silence, Mr Jang suddenly broke the silence by moving on to another topic, “I thought you were a stuntman.”

  I looked to him and agreed, “I am, sir.”

  “Then, how come you knew just what to do to my engine here?” he asked.

  I smiled sheepishly and answered, “I had taken a course in Engineering and we had a practical on Engines.”

  “Engineering,” he repeated and seemed impressed. He then looked up to me and asked, “But why are you a stuntman?”

  “Let’s just say the adrenaline and action I craved took the better part of me,” I said with a shrug.

  “Well then, since I have a mechanic in my presence,” he said as he places a hand around me and over my shoulder, “How about we tune this baby up? I might have a few things that might help improve the air-conditioning.”

  “Well then, we better get started.” I said and the both of us smiled.

 

 

Min Young’s POV

When I woke up in the morning, I have never appreciated being in my parents’ home so much. I looked out to the window on my left and sighed. The sky was blue, accompanied by a few fluffy-looking white clouds, the trees stood high with its green leaves on its branches. Down below the ground would be completely covered with the leaves that have fallen and dried up. It would’ve been a beautiful day for a stroll if it weren’t for the memory of that fight with my father yesterday.

  I got out of bed and realized on the floor was a blanket and a pillow. Yunho must’ve slept on the floor last night seeing he couldn’t sleep downstairs. I felt sorry for the guy. After what he’s been through, he’s still yet so nice. I could help but feel a pang of guilt overwhelm me. I then wondered where he might be seeing he was nowhere in the room. I just thought maybe he went for a stroll around the area.

  Not wanting to ruin my day, I went straight into the bathroom, took a shower and went straight downstairs. I planned on making today a great day, start it with a good note and hopefully end it with one too. I saw Geun Suk on the couch, watching some cartoon and greeted him despite me shaking my head in disbelief behind his back. I then went to the kitchen seeing my mother was cooking up something.

  “Good morning, Mom,” I greeted her and gave her a tight hug from the back.

  “Min Young-ssi,” she called out warmly. “How did you sleep last night? Well?” she asked me as she flipped the egg over.

  I pulled back and leaned against the sink beside the stove my mother was using as I cross my arms. I answered her question, “It was okay.”

  “Just okay?” she asked while eyeing me.

  I merely smiled and offered, “Need any help?”

  “Why not you set up the table and then after that, help me prepare the vegetables,” she ordered as she checked her egg in the pan.

  “Right away ma’am,” I copied and giggled as I picked up the plates and set them at the table. Once I was done, I went back to the kitchen and asked, “What veggies need my tending?”

  “You can start with the lettuce,” she said and got to work.

  I grabbed a plastic carton of fresh green lettuce and separated them into palm-sized leaflets so they’d be easy to fold and stuffed. Once I was done, I grabbed a plate and decorated the plate in some pattern as some decoration. I know it was for breakfast but I just wanted to indulge myself for once.

  As I arranged them, my mother suddenly asks, “So . . . what’s the deal with you and Si Won?” I froze and looked up to her. She flipped the egg into a plate and took out a knife so she could cut it into strips. “Well?” she asked as she was done with the egg.

  “We’re just having some trouble, that’s all,” I said casually.

  “And this trouble is okay if you bring another man to meet with your family?” my mother asked with an eyebrow raised and a smile on her lips.

  I smiled and said, “Mom . . . if only you could understand that what he did to me was just downright wrong.”

  “I know . . . he hurt you,” my mother said. She then places a hand on my shoulder and says, “But why? What does Yunho have anything to do with you and Si Won?”

  “Si Won is cheating on me with Yunho’s wife,” I answered and she gasped. “It’s true . . . he traded me for her over a game of Poker. She was his prize when he won.” I explained.

  “So . . . how long has it been since you were separated with Si Won?” she asked.

  “A week,” I said and added, “Another three and the bet is over but I doubt Si Won would still want me after he has had his time with his .”

  “What does Yunho say amidst all of this?” my mother asked.

  “He’s about as hurt as I am,” I answered as I looked to her.

  She then turns me around so I could face her and places her other hand on my other shoulder to say encouragingly, “You need not worry, my dear Min Young. Even if there will be a divorce . . . we will be by your side and support you.”

  I threw my arms around her and hugged her tight as I say, “Thanks Mom! How I wish Dad is as understanding as you.”

  She pulled away and said with a sigh, “Oh you know how men are, thinking that us women are just a handful but a day without us . . . they’re down to nothing.”

  I giggled at her and continued to rearrange the lettuce on the plate. We continued to prepare breakfast and when I set the plate of lettuce and other vegetables onto the table, I heard the door swing upon.

  I watched with my eyes wide when my father and Yunho came in with each other’s arms around each other. Not to mention the fact that the both of them were laughing about the same thing. I shook my head lightly and massaged my temple to try and make me wake up from this dream but when I turned back to their direction, they were chatting happily about something.

  I hurriedly walked over to the kitchen and lightly shook my mother’s arm to get her attention. She looked up to me and I tilted my head to the side to give her a good view of the two people in the living room. Her reaction mirrored mine and she made a ‘How’ gesture. I merely shrugged as a reply.

  As I stirred the soup Mom had told me to keep an eye on, I suddenly felt a presence behind me. He rested his chin on my shoulder and whispered, “Hmm . . . smells good.”

  I turned my head a little towards the male behind me and said, “Yunho . . . what are you doing?”

  “Just checking up on you,” he said and suddenly snakes two arms around my waist. “Can’t I check up on you like the good husband I am?” he asks me again in a whisper in my ear.

  I gulped down the lump in my throat and said restrictedly, “Yunho . . . this is not like you.”

  “Of course it should be,” he said and then added in plea, “Your father is in the next room so try and be natural.”

  ‘So all of this is just for show?’ I thought and released a sigh of relief but a part of me hoped too that maybe he just did it for fun.

  Suddenly, pulling me down my thoughts, I hear my father say, “Yunho-ssi! Come! I’d like to let you taste my Bourbon collection in my study.”

  ‘Father’s Bourbon Collection? Even Si Won hasn’t gone to his study yet and Yunho already gets to see it in a day?’ I thought with an eyebrow raised in wonder.

  “Oh, father-in-law is calling,” he whispered and uncurled his arms around me. “Have to go, I’ll see you later,” Yunho says and unexpectedly gives me a peck on the cheek. When I turned to him in surprise, he merely smiles and waves goodbye.

  I just looked at him in disbelief and noticed my mother’s gaze following the two males walk up the stairs to my father’s study. She must have the same thoughts as me because once she turned her head to face me; she shot me a wondering look. I only shrugged and continued to focus more on the soup.

  I received another shock which was during breakfast, Yunho casually sat next to my father while I sat in between him and my mother. He no longer looked sickly around my father’s presence. I was surprised to find him much calmer and collected than me! I just watched in awe as my father yapped away about his life story to Yunho.

  Once or twice, Yunho would say something regarding the topic they were talking about and my father vigorously nods his head in agreement. Soon, after my father was done, it was Yunho’s turn to talk about his life story. He made it short and sweet, removing all of the hard and painful memories of him having to go around scouring for food, money and work. He instead filled it with jokes and hilarious episodes of him with the Action School he worked at. I couldn’t help but laugh along myself.

  The great atmosphere continued till the day we head to get back. We had decided to only stay for the weekend seeing we had expected something bad to happen from our current situation. We regretted a little that we had come to such a conclusion because Yunho was doing so great with my father. He had warmed up to him faster than any son-in-law should – Yunho even broke Si Won’s record. But do you know what the best part about it all is, the fact that my father liked Yunho, he was also a normal man, talking to Yunho what fathers are supposed to talk about with their sons. With Si Won it was all work and business but with Yunho . . . Dad was himself and I liked that.

  We had our lunch and started to get the stuff into the car. Once Yunho was done, he went over to my mother, shook her hand and she just pulled him into an embrace. My mother liked him too seeing he had helped with the dinner preparations in the kitchen last night. After Yunho was done with my mother, he went over to my father.

  I only noticed from the corners of my eyes of their gestures and was too far away to catch what they were talking about. I wanted to know but just let it drop after thinking I could ask Yunho later in the car – if he wants to tell me that is.

  My mother snapped me out of my stare from staring Yunho and my father by the staircase by placing a hand on mine. I looked down to her hand and smiled before looking up. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tight as she soothed my back. It would be another few months until we meet again so she was having trouble saying goodbye.

  “Don’t worry, Mom,” I told her by whispering in her ear, “In just a blink of an eye you’ll see me again.”

  “And Yunho too,” she added which surprised me.

  I pulled back from the hug and looked into her glassy eyes. My smile shrunk a little as I told, “Mom . . . Yunho and I, we’re not even sure if we’re compatible or not. Heck, we might not even still be with each other after the month is over.”

  “Please . . . if Si Won doesn’t come back . . . hold onto him,” she told me and I suddenly felt a shiver run down my spine. She then added, “You deserve him more than anyone after what Si Won has done to you. Hold onto him, will you?”

   I nodded weakly and said doubtfully, “I’ll try.”

  Once she had pecked me on the cheeks, I went over to Geun Suk who had just given Yunho a brotherly hug. Yunho then went out to start the car, leaving me alone with my family.

  “I think I’m going to miss you dearly again, sis,” Geun Suk stated as he spread his arms wide for hug.

  I looked at him with an eyebrow raised at first but when he gave me a scorn I laughed and ran into him whilst wrapping my arms around him tightly. He coughed when I did so and chuckled himself.

  He tightened his arms around me and then whispered, “Make sure you and Yunho stay with each other.”

  I looked up to him and asked wonderingly, “Why?”

  “I like him,” Geun Suk answered and added, “He’s a definite keeper.”

  I just ruffled up his hair and walked over to my father. He seemed almost uncomfortable when I stood in front of him. We haven’t exactly gotten back to being on good terms after that fight but seeing I was leaving already, I might as well make a mends.

  I was about to say something that I had planned to say since last night but the plan failed miserably as my father said, “Take care of Yunho well, Min Young-ssi.”

  “Excuse me?” I asked him in shock and with an eyebrow raised.  

  “Yunho . . . take good care of him. Don’t lose him the same way you lost Si Won,” he said – or advised.

  I looked to him in disbelief and asked, “Do you really think I’m that bad of a wife?”

  “No,” he answered simply and before I could start yelling at him, he added, “I’m just thankful that Yunho’s the man in your life now instead of Si Won. There’s no one else I trust more with my daughter than him.”

  My breath was caught in my throat. I couldn’t breathe. Why am I holding my breath? I placed a hand on my chest where my heart was thumping hard against my ribcage and looked down to my shoes. I felt lightheaded from the intensity of the words my father had told me. The impact it had on me really took me by surprise. A shiver ran down my spine as I rephrased the words in my head.

  Then, my father places both his hands on my shoulders and plants a kiss on my forehead before saying, “And . . . I would like to say I’m sorry for what I’ve said to you the other night. It seems . . . I have underestimated the new husband you had brought home.”

  I looked up to him and felt like smiling for the affect Yunho had brought over to my father. I was at the same time, grateful that things turned out well in the end. Yunho had been accepted into the family and our trip to the in-laws ended on a good note.

 

We were in the car, driving along the roads of the interstate while listening to some songs on the radio. Yunho had offered to drive the car because he was a little scared of what would happen to us in the car with me behind the wheel. For a man who worked with a lot more dangerous things, sure has a great fear for women drivers.

  I tried asking him why, he told me the phobia had been created at the time I drove to his apartment to confront Si Won. I merely laughed at him. He just shakes his head and focuses more on the road.

  As the both of us fell into silence, I couldn’t help but suddenly remember the way my father was talking to Yunho. He had held onto Yunho the same way my father had with me as if giving some advice. I shifted in my seat, turned towards Yunho a little and prepared my question.

  “What did my father say to you before we left?” I asked.

  He smiled and asked back, “Why?”

  “It looked intriguing,” I reasoned and he laughed.

  “I don’t bother asking you about what your parents tell you, so why should I?” he asked.

  I crossed my arms and huffed. “You know what, forget it.” I said in conclusion and just looked out to the window.

  Yunho chuckled and said, “I guess if you really want to know.” I turned my head to him and waited for him to continue. Once he had made his left turn, he said, “He gave me his blessing.” He then turned to me and added with a smile, “Told me to take good care of you, the same way I’ve always had.”  

 

 

 

 


 

UWAAAAAAA!!! Ending.... Aigoo.... @_@ I don't know what to make of it.... Whatever it is, Comments are much apreciated!!

THANKS FOR READING!! I'll try to post up the nxt chappie as soon as possible... ^^

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003