Time To Let Go.....

Spouse Exchange

Hey Ya'll!! This chapter is dedicated to ALL of my most FAITHFUL READERS OUT THERE!! And I would just like to say THANK YOU for reading this fic. I really never thought Spouse Exchange would become such a hit..... Oh well... ^^

I would just like to state though that this chapter seems a bit HORRIBLE to me... Towards the end that is. I imagined myself writing it so beautifully but.... It seemed to have turned out otherwise but WTH right? I still have readers!! So, WHATEVER!!

Hope you guys enjoy, kay?? 

 


 

 

 

Yunho's POV

We were now in the living room. Min Young and Si Won were seated on the couch, fairly distant from each other while I watched them with steam coming out both of my ears. I didn’t join them by sitting on the couch but just leaned my back against the kitchen counter with my arms crossed.  

  Si Won didn’t seem to care about what Min Young was wearing. He didn’t ask nor looked to me. He just kept his head hung low as if he was ashamed for making an appearance. He should be, especially after what he did to Min Young. He should be after what he did to me and my marriage. My clenched fists tightened as I continued to glare at the very man sitting in front of me.

  Before I could ask what his purpose for being here was in a cold manner, Min Young said, “What do you want?” I had expected her to sound cold, angry, hurt even, but she just sounded . . . nervous.

  Si Won looked up from looking down to his clasped hands and said miserably, “I missed you.” He even added a little shake when he said ‘missed’ as if he was trying to hold back tears. Please, he didn’t know how to.

  “Why?” I asked snappily. Si Won didn’t look at me as I spoke. “Are you bored with Su Yeon already? I thought the both of you were madly in love with each other!” I stated rather coldly. Si Won closed his eyes as if what I was saying hurt. “Oh come on, you’re not serious are you?” I asked him questioningly. Si Won still didn’t look to me or even reply. All he did was drop his head and hung it low. “Hey Si Won, I’m talking to you here! Don’t you have any cocky remarks to reply my words with?!” I asked angrily.

  “Yunho, that’s enough,” Min Young suddenly told me which really took me off guard.

  I turned to her to see if she was really serious. Judging by the situation, I was guessing she was. When I turned to Si Won, I swore I thought he smirked. When this is over, good or bad, the bastard is going to die one day and they’ll be by my very own hands.

  Si Won looked up slowly and said in a weak voice, “Min Young-ssi . . . I know what I did to you, was wrong. I was stupid, foolish, selfish, blinded even by the glitz and glamour.” I watched and listened in utter disbelief. Does he really think she’s going to believe him? He then pursed his lips before continuing, “I am so sorry, Min Young. I really am. For years, I’ve had such a wonderful, caring – no – loving wife, who loves me and takes care of me! Unlike Su Yeon who couldn’t even cook or make coffee! Did you know I spent the past few weeks on just take-outs? She was horrible! To think I even . . .” he trailed off and took a in a deep breath to get back on track.

  “Min Young-ah,” he started and took one of the hands on Min Young’s lap into his before saying, “I know it would take a lot to get you to forgive me but . . . is it possible, that we could start over?” Si Won then stuffed his other hand into the side pockets of his pants and fished out a ring I found eerily familiar. It was the wedding ring she once wore before throwing it at him on our first day of officially becoming a couple. He slid the ring onto the ring finger of her left hand and continued, “There hasn’t been a day, I have regretted for leaving you.”

  I looked to Min Young to see what reaction she had on and noticed her eyes were glossy. She didn’t let them fall yet but just looked down to the ring now on her finger, joining the ring I got her. I wanted to protest, yell at him that she wasn’t his anymore – but deep inside, I had a feeling, she still loved him. Deep inside, I knew . . . I had no right to stop this because; he was after all – her real husband.

  I watched with my breath unconsciously held and waited for his next words to be uttered. Si Won suddenly smiled and looked up to her warmly as he said, “I still remember the day I proposed to you. I wonder as I recall, do you still have that blue shirt I got you for our 100thday anniversary?” Min Young gasped and covered with her free hand and let the tears fall. “I remember how beautiful you looked underneath the glittering night sky. We sat on a bench after our stroll, you had gotten back from your parents’ after helping out with the decorating and I had just finished doing a project. I also remember, being so flustered and so nervous for the past few days just . . . brainstorming for the perfect way to propose to you because I knew – I didn’t deserve you. I was just waiting for the right time and just chose that moment because the time just never looked so perfect.”

  He was silent after his little talk, walking down memory lane with her like it was something he should be talking about. My fists clenched tighter and tighter when he spoke. I had never hated anyone so much in my life. When he stopped, I waited with an uneasy and racing heart for her response. She was quiet and only sobbed.

  I closed my eyes and looked down to my shoes, half hoping for something good to happen. I wanted her to just push him away so badly. After what we shared last night, I wanted us to be together so badly, I could already imagine the pain of having to lose another lover. I opened my eyes and looked up hesitantly when she started to speak.

  She said in a whisper, “Si Won,” and pulled her hand down from covering . I had expected her to say something nasty and yell at him to get out. What happens next God knows what but that is all that I wanted. But I guess . . . we were just not meant to be.

  Min Young smiled and threw her arms around him, pulling him close like she had never seen him for the past millennium. She repeatedly said in glee, “You remember! You actually remember!”  While I watched by the side with a slowly breaking heart and an unbearable pain I never thought I would experience, Si Won but of all noticed.

  He secretly turned his head towards me and shot me smile before winking as a sign of his victory as I slump my shoulders and could only look into oblivion at my great loss.

 

 

I had gone up to pack up while the couple were too busy recuperating downstairs. As I packed, I tried my best to hold back myself from just exploding or going into frenzy. Once I had zipped my duffle shut, Min Young entered the room and her smile melted as she realized I was still around.

  She looked down to the t-shirt on her and said, “Your shirt.”

  “It’s okay,” I said to stop and pulled the bag off of the bed before continuing, “Keep it, throw it; do whatever you want with it.” I left her in the room alone and made my way to my bike, ignoring the very happy Si Won watching me by the couch.

  I dropped my bag beside my bike and let out a sigh. I bend over my bike and placed my hand on it for support. All of this was hitting me all too hard. But I couldn’t do it here – definitely not here. I was about to mount my bike when Min Young suddenly called out to me, making me freeze.

  Slowly, I turned around and clenched my jaw to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. “Yunho-ssi,” she said ever so warmly as she stopped a few feet away from me. I turned around and faced her with a stiff stature. I tried my best to look at her with a cool look but thought I failed miserably.

  She then pulled out the ring Si Won had put on her finger and felt my heart lift up in hope but it all crushed all too quickly as she pull out the ring I gave her too and put Si Won’s ring back in. I watched with heart skipping a few beats as she hold the ring out and say, “Your ring. I don’t think I have any use for keeping this anymore.”

  I trembled and shivered as my knees buckled at her words. Gingerly, I hold my hand out, palm up and she places it in my hand. I tried to encase the ring quickly so I might be able to touch her one last time but she pulled away too quickly. Weakly, I dropped the ring into the pocket of my pants and looked up to her face one last time.

  She the smiled and held out her right hand for a handshake. It surprised me she would want to, but a handshake wasn’t what I wanted. “I guess this is Goodbye then,” she said and let out a sigh as if her troubles no more can disturb her now prefect world.

  I pushed her hand aside and cupped her face to pull in for a kiss. I wanted her to remember it; I wanted her to never forget, making the kiss her only memory of remembering what we went through, what we shared, how we loved. I tried my best to pour all of my feelings into it but she just had to push me away.

  “Yunho,” she said in protest. I looked into her eyes, I wanted to just tell her what I was feeling, how much hurt she was causing me as if this moment but . . .

  “Is everything okay out there?” Si Won said from the door and immediately Min Young pushed me away like what we were doing was going to get us in trouble. She didn’t want Si Won to see us get intimate because it might just ruin their relationship.

  I watched in stunned shock as she turned around and smiled. She replied his question with, “Oh everything is fine!” She then walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist while he planted a kiss on her forehead.

  Guess it was my cue to leave. I turned around and felt myself reaching the edge but pulled myself back. Repeatedly, I told myself, ‘Not here. Not now. Please . . . not here.’ I grabbed my duffle and hung it over the handle bar.

  I looked to the happy couple watching me and wished it was me that she had her arms around with. “Hey, Si Won,” I called out.

  He answered, “Yeah?”

  “Make sure you take good care of her, you hear?” I said.

  “Of course,” he said and looked down to Min Young who was looking up to him dreamily.

  Unable to watch it anymore, I just slid on my helmet and turned the ignition on before riding away. The speed I was going could match up to any sports car. The needle told me I was going about a 120 km/h and I wasn’t about to slow down.

  I needed a place to let it all out. I only knew one place that I could seek solitude and that was, the Action School. I increased my speed and reached the Action School almost in no time. Not caring for anything, I just got off and killed my bike. I didn’t even bother with locking the vehicle. I just let it drop to the ground and threw my helmet onto the floor to join my bike as well.

  I just stormed into the Action School where my trainees were all practicing. Because of my late arrival, they had been taken over by Dong Hae who ordered them to stop as soon as I entered. He immediately went over to me, places a hand on my chest to hold me back.

  He then asks, “Where have you been all morning?” I just shot him a glare and pushed his hand aside. As always, he never took no for an answer so he called out, “Yunho!”

  I stopped in my tracks and just lost it. I took off my jacket, threw it by the side and grabbed s long staff. “Fine, you want me to train, I will just do that!”

  I stood in the middle of the mat and ordered one scrawny trainee to come forth with a weapon. He seemed scared as I told him to start but what care did I have. I showed him no mercy and flipped him over like he was just a sack of potatoes. After he was done for, I turned my attention to the others who were watching with wide eyes at what just happened.

  I yelled, “Well?!” and they winced. “Who’s next?!” I yelled and Jonghyun hesitantly came forth with a staff. He got into position and didn’t need to make a move as I just swiped him with my staff off the ground, making him fall backward with a loud thump.

  After him, one after another, trainees attacked me, trying to use every ounce of training I had taught them to defeat me but would just as easily drop to the ground after faced with me. None could match up as I kicked and smacked them. Dong Hae tried to stop me but he himself got beaten up by me.

  I yelled, “Anyone else?!” as I looked around at the hurt people on the floor around me.

  “Yeah,” I heard and turned around only to be taken by surprise by another wooden staff. Luckily I was fast enough to use mine as a shield to hold it back. I was surprised my next competitor was the Director himself. I was thinking of backing down but he insisted, “Well? You asked, I answered. What are you waiting for? Scared are you?”

  His last question ignited the flame inside me and I pushed him away so we no longer faced off. The other troops practicing had stopped their training and watched as I got myself caught in a duel with Director Ji Hun. Some had helped up the hurt and moved them aside so not to get in our way as they formed a circle for us.

  Like a rink, we walked along the sides, twirling our staffs as we warmed up before charging towards each other with our staffs held high. With a loud clank, our staffs met and the fight began. Our spectators watched in silence as some rooted silently for the Director. I couldn’t care less whoever was rooting for me. All I cared about was getting it all out.

  Of course, being a senior stuntman, you had the advantage of having past experiences to help you in these duels but when you’re fighting with your own director, you had to be real creative. I side-stepped, dodged and swing but he would manage to catch my hit, as if able to read the move before it even happened.

  My clothes were drenched in sweat as I rolled over, jumped and wrestled with him. I was caught off guard when he suddenly kicked me hard with his foot. I fell back and lost my hold on my staff. I was trying to resubmit from the impact because my head was just spinning when Director Ji Hun suddenly said, “Is that all you got, Yunho? I expected more from you.” I could hear my ears ringing from the blood boiling underneath my skin and noticed a couple of blades sitting not far from me.

  I rolled over just as his staff became a mere inch away from impaling itself against me and grabbed the two hilts protruding out of the bag. With a ‘cling’ the two blades were pulled out and I threw one in his direction. His eyes widened at the surprise attack and yet were able to dodge it in time as I ran to the other side to prepare myself with the other.

  “So, you want to change weapons, huh?” he said rhetorically and threw his wooden staff aside before picking up the sword. “You ready?” he said playfully and clanked the tip of his blade against mine just to intimidate me.

  I lunged forward and he just pushed me aside like I was nothing. I fell onto my back and we were yet again where we started. He was trying to slice me if it hadn’t been for me using the flat of my blade to hold him off. Sneakily, I lifted my leg up and kneed him in the gut before pushing him away with both of my legs. He staggered a few steps back and I rolled over so I could stand back on my two legs.

  I was about to lunge at him again but he deflected my hit with just one swing and made my blade skitter across the floor. I took many steps back as he swung his blade from side to side. I finally made a back flip and ended up nearly falling due to a misplaced footing if it weren’t for the juniors supporting me. They pushed me forward and I looked around me for any form of weapon as Director Ji Hun was making his way towards me.

  I saw a pair of red boxing gloves and just grabbed them. As he saw me putting them on, he actually stopped and laughed. “Changing weapons again I see, alright.” Director Ji Hun said and walked back to the opposite side. I had thought he was going to put on a pair of boxing gloves as well when I heard him say, “Pass me that.”

  I was surprised as I warmed up and jumped up and down to relax my muscles, I was faced with a fully covered Director Ji Hun. His chest was covered like armour. Only difference was, it was a mat and his hands were covered too. He clapped them together and used his fingers to curl towards him as a gesture to say, ‘Come and get me’.

  I ran to him and threw him a punch in the gut in which he groaned but then laughed as he said, “Is that all you got, boy?!” I curled my arms around his neck, pulled him close and kneed him with all my might until I was satisfied. I thought he would double over but instead slapped me on each cheek with his mat hands and said, “Now come on! I know you can do better than that!” I let out a yell and went haywire as I kicked, punched and screamed like a man gone completely crazy. As I hit him furiously, he would say, “Yes!! Let it all out!! Let all your frustrations go!! Just release!!”

  I was even so angry at him for even making a sound and yelled, “Just shut up!!”

  I planned on making it my most fatal blow to the face but he side-stepped and God knows how he got behind me and enclosed me in a tight hold. I struggled to get free but his grip was firm. “Let me go!!”

  I yelled at him numerous times but instead of releasing me, he just whispers in my ear, “Yunho . . . Yunho. Just let it go. Let it go.” He sounded so calm and collected, it seemed so surreal. Just like the fact that Min Young had just left me, the same way Su Yeon had.

  Unconsciously, I dropped to the floor and broke into a mess of tears. “You don’t understand,” I said in between sobs and just cried and cried.

  “Yunho, listen to me,” he said gently and tightened his grip so I would listen, “You listen to me. Life isn’t always easy . . . but you can get through this. I know you can.”

  “No, I can’t,” I told him while shaking my head vigorously. “I can’t do this,” I told him and continued to break down into a million pieces. Holding it back for so long, it felt good to finally release but once it’s out . . . I don’t think I can even make it stop.

  “Tell me why, Yunho,” Director Ji Hun said. “Tell me why you can’t . . . because you seemed to have handled everything quite well from what I’ve seen.”

  “I love her too much,” I reasoned miserably.

  “Who, Yunho . . . tell me who,” he told me.

  “Min Young,” I answered. “I love her too much that I can’t even tell her how much she means to me because I don’t want to ruin her happiness.” I gripped his arms around me and said helplessly, “She looked so happy. I just couldn’t . . .” I trailed off of my sentence and just cried my heart out.

  Love had never hurt me like this, probably because the woman I had lost was never really my one true love. Now that I have found her, I can’t have her . . . because she loves someone else.

  As I cried in the arms of my Director, the trainees I had beaten up, the troops that were once practicing, watched in awe and in silence as they witness . . . a very broken man.  

 

 

 

 


 

*gasps* My Ending.... GAH!! Is it good? Bad? Mediocre? UWAAAAA!! Whatever it is, comment, okay ppl?!! No silent readers, u COMMENT!!

Every reader should be able to voice out their opinion, whether it's a critic or whatever but it's a process I use to learn and reinvent myself for the better. << Gosh, I think I'm talking gibberish... LOL! So, comment please and hopefully I'll try and be quick on the next chappie....

THANKS ALL FOR READING!!

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003