I Do...

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Min Young's POV

It had been a few hours since Yunho woke up. I was sitting comfortably on the bed, with him cradling me in his arms. It felt so natural. We have yet to utter a word and just spent our time in silence, enjoying each other’s presence. His arms were tightly wrapped around me while I rested my head on his shoulder and played with the collar of his gown.

  “You know . . . I thought I’d lose you,” I voiced out.

  “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere,” Yunho told me and leaned his cheek against my head.

  We fell into silence again. I snuggled closer to Yunho and he chuckled. His arm around me tightened itself around me and took my hand on his chest. As he entwined his fingers around mine, I noticed the ring I had put around his finger. Although the one he had on was the red one – my ring – he didn’t complain.

  After a while, Yunho said, “Are you trying to get back at Si Won for last time because I don’t see your ring anywhere.”

  I chuckled and told him, “I’m filing for divorce. I realized . . . Si Won’s no more the man I knew and loved. I have someone else in my heart.” I could sense the smile spreading across his face and looked up to him to add, “I can’t say the same for you. Which reminds me . . .” I lifted my head up from his shoulder and reached for his cell phone in the drawer.

  “What are you talking about and . . . what on Earth are you doing with my phone?” he asked with both his eyebrows furrowed as I reach out for my cell phone next.

  “Su Yeon, I need to call her to tell her you’re awake,” I answered as I scrolled through his contacts list.

  He covered the screen and weighed it down, making me look up to his face as he said, “Why would you want to do that? She wouldn’t care anyway. And what do you mean by you can’t say the same thing for me?”

  I looked at him, bewildered by his words and wondered if he had suffered from memory loss. “Are you okay?” I asked him and felt his temperature with the back of my hand by feeling his forehead. “Do you remember anything?” I asked as I turned my hand around so my palm was feeling his forehead.

  He pushed my hand aside and answered with a sigh, “Yes, I remember. I was in an accident and didn’t wake up for four days. Now could you please explain why you need to call that woman of my awakening?”

  “She’s your wife, isn’t she?” I asked with now my eyebrows furrowed.

  “What?” he asked as if the question struck him odd and ridiculous. “No!” he denied my claim and harrumphed, “Our divorce finalised the day before the accident. I thank my bank account for being unable to afford a pre-nuptial.”

  “So . . . so you guys are no longer husband and wife?” I asked with my eyes wide in shock.

  “No!” he affirmed and asked, “Why do you think I’m here so cosy with you?”

  “Well, because she was here the day you were admitted. Demanded to see her dear beloved husband and even mourned for you.” I told him and his was his turn to have his jaw drop and eyes bulge in surprise. I then add lastly, “But she never came again after that.”

  “Good!” he said in relief and looked into oblivion. After he took in and had digested the information I had given him, he turned his attention back to me and said, “So what happens now?”

  I was about to answer him if only we hadn’t been interrupted by some sudden nuisance. “Jang Min Young!” I heard someone yell out my name and looked over my shoulder to find a very angry Si Won. I swore I thought his face had turned Scarlet with all the rage and fury running through his veins. “What in God’s name are you doing?!” he demanded.

  I merely rolled my eyes and cuddled back into the crook of Yunho’s neck. Yunho smiled in contempt and tightened his already firm grip on me. Si Won of course turned purple at the sight. He stomped a foot on the marble floor and clenched his fists.

  “Jang Min Young you get off of that bed this instant!!” he yelled at me in an order.

  “Says who?” I asked nonchalantly.

  Si Won’s eyes widened as I watched from the corner of my eye and if people could have steam coming out of their ears, his would have. “Says me!!” he answered – or yelled really – in defiance and stated why, “I am your husband!”

  “Soon to be ex,” I said and added, “Here,” as I pulled out his wedding ring out of my pocket. I threw it someplace behind me and said, “I won’t have any need for that anymore.”

  I thought I heard Si Won squeaked as the sound of the ring twinkled onto the floor. “You . . . you just . . .” Si Won stuttered to say what he had in mind but only stammered and eventually trailed off.

  I looked up to Yunho and smiled as he looked down to me with his. He then looked up to look at Si Won and said, “Yah! Get out of my sight before I call security.”

  Si Won yelled in reply, “YAH!! You DARE order ME around?!!”

  Yunho then used his left hand to press the nurse button on the remote and soon in came a nurse. Yunho told her, “Could you please bring in security? This man is disturbing me.”

  The nurse merely bowed as to comply and walked out. Si Won watched in shock as his mouth hand open and watched the nurse walk out to do as I told her to do. He turned to me and stammered, “You can’t . . . You can’t just . . .” he couldn’t finish off his sentence when two guards – huge and bigger than him – grabbed him by the arms and lifted him up. “Yah . . . I am Choi Si Won!! That is my WIFE in that room with that man!! He’s the one you should get rid of!! HEY!! Min Young-ssi? Min Young-ssi!! MIN YOUNG-SSI!!!”

  I merely curled my arms around his neck and kissed him while Si Won’s yells faded into the background.

 

 

A few weeks has passed since that scenario in the hospital. Now, I stood in the courthouse with my lawyer friend, Eun Hye on my right and Si Won’s on her right. The last decisions were being made and now, all that’s left for it to be official was to sign the agreement.

  I took a step forth and signed the paper on the podium in front of us. I picked up the pen in the pen holder and signed my name in the space provided. Once my part had been stamped with my signature, I turned around to the angry Si Won and passed the pen to him with a smile. He looked at it for a moment before snatching it away and stood in my place as I stood back where I came from.

  He was very hesitant. He would take in a deep breath and gulped before placing the tip of the pen on the paper. We waited for him to sign but then he would his lips and look up to the judge watching him anxiously in her seat. He then held the pen in his left hand for a moment and wiped his right from the sweat he was perspiring on his pants. He bent down his body a little and had the tip of the pen onto the paper but lifted it up again.

  I was growing impatient and was about to say something snappy, but Eun Hye beat me to it. “Some us have important things to do and haven’t got all day,” she stated as she eyed him through her spectacles.

  Si Won looked over his shoulder to Eun Hye and shot her a scowl before standing up straight and scratched his signature onto the dotted line. He then ed his blazer and walked back to where he once stood.

  As soon as that was done, the judge knocked her hammer and said, “Dismissed. Next case, please.”

  I turned to Eun Hye and gave her a huge bear hug. The both of us giggled in glory and victory while Si Won shot me a glare. He didn’t wait for me to pull away from the hug to say, “You’ll regret this one day.”

  I said as I pulled away from the hug with my eyes looking straight into his, “I highly doubt that will happen.”

  He just turned his back to me and stormed out of the court room, leaving me to continue celebrating with my lawyer of our success. Eun Hye then reminded me, “Oh! We better get going, we’ll be late!”

  I smiled wide and followed her out as I snatched up my purse on one of the benches. Once we were out through the double doors, I was immediately greeted by my nurses in waiting. They were no more in their nurse uniforms. Hye Ryung wore a cocktail dress while the other two wore something close to similar and as formal for the occasion.

  “Congratulations!” Hye Ryung shrieked as I went to her for a hug.

  “Yah Hye Ryung-ssi, not yet,” said Jung Ah as she lightly hit Eun Hye’s arm.

  “Oh, right,” Hye Ryung said with a hint of pink in her cheeks.

  “You’re going to be there, right?” I asked and all three nodded in unison.

  “We better get going; it’s going to start soon.” Eun Hye interrupted us and immediately we got cracking towards the room straight ahead.

  Just a few court rooms down, stood a man, smartly dressed. He was waiting patiently for me and looked around the area as if trying to occupy himself of the slowly passing time. When his eyes landed on me, he smiled wide and came closer to me with his arms held out to me.

  I placed my purse into Hye Ryung’s hands and walked up to him before taking his hands into mine. “Dad, I’m so sorry I kept you waiting,” I apologized and rolled my eyes as I stated my reason why, “Si Won was being a big pain, stalling to sign the papers.”

  He merely let out a hearty laugh and said, “Well then, now that you’re here . . . we better get going.” He turned to my crowd behind me and told them, “You ladies go in first. We’ll come in after.”

  My cheeks were starting to hurt as I smiled ear-to-ear at the sight of my girlfriends getting in. Hye Ryung gave me a last minute thumb up and mouthed the words, ‘Good Luck!!’ Once she disappeared behind the door, I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as I look up to the eyes of my father.

  “Are you ready?” he asked me with excitement in his eyes.

  “Ready as I’ll ever be,” I said and curled my arm around his before leading me to the door.

  Stepping into the room, a number of pairs of eyes turned to us. The sound of the song ‘Here Comes the Bride’ played on piano filled the room. Our crowd insisted and allowed it to be played on disc. I turned to my left where my girlfriends, Mom and Geun Suk stood. They were all smiling happily and had worn formal clothing for the ceremony. I then turned to my right where the crew of the Action School cheered as my eyes averted to them. I let out a giggle and gave a small wave. I saw Ji Hun at the front and he gave me a nod and I replied him with mine before my father and I walked, enclosing the space between the man and us standing alone up front.

  His back was to us and his right leg was still in a cast as it wasn’t healed completely but the suit he wore for the day made up for it. I pursed my lips and felt my heart race up a notch as he turned around and lit my world with his smile.

  My father and I stopped a few feet away from him. We faced each other and after he had placed his two hands on my shoulders, he leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. He then looked down to my face and cupped it, brushing a cheek with a finger before turning to the man on his right. He reached out his hand to the young lad and the young lad placed his hand into my father’s. My father then turned to me and took my right hand into his left and joined my hand with the young lad’s.

  I looked up to the face of the man I will soon spend my life with and let out a giddy giggle. He brought me closer and I looked over my shoulder in time for him to blow me a kiss before turning back to the front.

  I turned to the angel on my right and he turned to me. We looked into each other’s eyes dreamily as the judge in front of us said, “All right, all that is present please be seated.” After a while, the judge continued, “Dearly beloved, we have gathered here on this beautiful and holy day to witness the joining of two individuals, Mr Jung Yunho and Jang Min Young. Do you have the rings?”

  Yunho looked up and felt his pockets with his free hand. He seemed a little flustered but I couldn’t blame him. I would be too if I were in his shoes. He looked at me and flashed me a nervous smile and then his eyes lit up as he found them. He fished them out of his pocket and showed them to the judge.

  “Alright,” the judge started and the both of us faced each other. Yunho handed me the blue ring while he held onto the red and waited as the judge said, “Do you, Jung Yunho, take this woman, Jang Min Young, to be your wife, for better or for worse, through sickness and in health, to love and cherish her the rest of your life, till death do you part?”

  He looked down to my hand and answered, “I do.” As he said those two simple, yet binding words, he slid my red sunflower ring onto my left ring finger.

  “Now you, Ms Jang,” the judge said and I turned to her for reassurance but she just shot me a smile so very warm.  I took in a deep breath and looked to the ring in my hand as she said, “Do you, Jang Min Young, take this man, Jung Yunho, to be your beloved husband, for better or for worse, through sickness and in health, to love and to cherish him the rest of your life, till death do you part?”

  Once I had slipped the ring onto his finger, I bit my lower lip and looked up to him as I smiled and said, “I do”.

  After that, the both of us turned to the front and we faced a podium that stood in between us and the judge. On it was a form of our marriage registration. My parents came forth and signed in their specific places after we had signed.

  Once it was done, the judge hit her hammer and exclaimed, “And now . . . by the power vested in me, I pronounce you man, and wife.” She leaned in and added with a mischievous smile and a wink, “You may kiss the bride.”

  The room was filled with cheer as Yunho leaned in and our lips met as to seal the deal.  

 

 

 


 

*sigh* Ahh... What an end to a story but how lucky you readers are that it all doesn't end here... I have decided and planned for so long this bonus chapter. Hope you guys enjoy this and if you guys are lucky, I might post up the last chapter soon... Don't hope though but I will post it up eventually...

Comment plz and to all my beloved and faithful readers...

THANK YOU!! *stands up and gives a low 90 degree bow*

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003         

 

 

  -stay tuned-