Am I.....?

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Min Young's POV

I was in the bathroom, fixing my hair for some reason. I was even bothering to put on some concealer and gave myself a good look from top to bottom. I took in a deep breath and thought, ‘It’s okay. Everything is going to be fine. He’s just going to sleep beside you . . . in one bed with you.’ I ruffled my hair and whimpered as I sit on my toilet seat.

  “Who am I kidding?” I asked myself and slapped my forehead with the heel of my palm when I asked myself, “What were you thinking?”

 

                                  *                                             *                                             *

 

I was getting ready for bed and suddenly heard the door to the house slam shut. It must be Yunho. After I had thrown my dirty clothes into the laundry basket, I opened the door and looked through it only to catch a glimpse of a very tired-looking Yunho.

  I opened the door wider so I could get out and just hid by the stairs to see what he was going to do next. He fell backwards onto the couch and was about to put his arm over his eyes, close them, fall into a deep slumber after what he just did – which must be tiresome judging from the change in clothes – but stopped midway as he realizes he still has his jacket on.

  With that, he rolled his eyes and struggled to take it off without sitting, just lifting his back up by arching upward and pulled the sleeves off. Once it was already off, he just threw it onto the floor beside the couch and continued where he left off. He seemed about ready to fall asleep but he suddenly scrunched up his nose and started to shift his legs into every position he could think of to be comfortable.

  It seemed like torture but he finally settled with just dangling his legs over the armrest. Only then did he close his eyes and rest. Watching him, the guilt I had in me increased. The burden in my shoulders added and I suddenly felt a need to make up for it. I mean, he’s been living with me for the past three weeks and sleeps on that Godforsaken couch, I couldn’t imagine myself in his shoes.

  I walked down the remaining few steps of the stairs and called out first once I had stepped down the last step, “Yunho-ssi?” I noticed him opening one eye from where I stood and when his eye landed on me, he opened both eyes. I approached him slowly and once I had reached the couch, I leaned against it and used my arms to support my weight against the couch as I lean down to ask, “Do you want to come up?” I asked him.

  Yunho’s eyes widened in shock and said, “Eh?”

  I backed up at his sudden reaction and said, “Don’t you want to?”

  “Why the offer all of a sudden?” he asked with an eyebrow and his arms crossed.

  I stood up straight, looked down to my feet and liked my bottom lip before answering, “Well . . . after seeing you shifting so uncomfortable for the past week, you can say I felt a little compassion creep up to me.” He looked to his feet, bit on his lower lip and let out a sigh. “Well? Do you want to?” I asked a little too hopefully.

  He looked up to me, uncrossed his arms and sat up before saying in a sigh, “Sure, why not.”

 

                                  *                                             *                                             *

 

As I recall that moment, I chewed on my lower lip and grabbed two fistfuls of my hair and pulled. As I was too busy rolling in embarrassment, I hadn’t realized Yunho had already gotten himself all comfy on the bed. I stopped pulling on my hair and stood up from my toilet seat to tip-toe over to my door where it was slightly ajar.

  I could clearly see Yunho. He was sitting on the bed of Si Won’s side. From carrying me up to my room so many times he must memorize which side I sleep now – my bad. I continued to watch and clamped my lower lip in between my teeth while my eyes widened as Yunho pulled his t-shirt over his head, making his now faced to me.

  I turned around and collapsed onto the floor as I cover my mouth with both my hands to hold in my gasp. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks and fanned myself with my hands as it suddenly felt hot. Repeatedly, I took in deep breaths and mentally told myself, ‘It’s okay. I am going to be fine; everything will be okay’.

  After telling myself that for the umpteenth time, I finally let my shoulders sag, bury my face in my hands and slumped over my legs. ‘Who am I kidding? What am I doing? What was I thinking?’ I continuously asked myself such questions in my head. ‘I can’t possibly live throughout tonight!’ I continued to think, ‘But then again . . . I might just end up sleeping throughout the whole thing. Yeah, that’s what will happen. I’m just going to sleep through it like it’s nothing’.

  I stood up from my position on the floor, looked at myself in the mirror, fixed my hair with my fingers by just raking through it and let out a sigh. Nothing is going to happen. You’re just sharing one bed. That’s all.

  I opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom. Yunho was already laid down on the bed with his left hand under his head. His other arm was splayed across his abdomen where his lower body disappeared underneath the covers. Judging from the pants on the floor by his side of the bed, he must probably be wearing boxers only. I gulped and felt my palms start to perspire.

  I bite on my lower lip harder and as I lean against the door, I close my eyes and prayed to God before continuing my journey to the bed. His eyes were already closed which was the reason why I prayed so openly and could be myself as I walk over to the bed.

  I pushed the sheets aside and sat on my side. I looked over my shoulder where Yunho was probably fast asleep and tried to calm my breathing. Just when I was about to settle, I froze and my heart raced as Yunho said, “You’re oddly calm for having another man in your bed.”

 

 

Yunho’s POV

Min Young was silent as I voice out my thoughts as soon as I felt her weight on the bed. I opened one eye and saw her stiff and frozen. I turned my head towards her and said, “Well?”

  She turned to me and said, “Well what?”

  “Mind telling me your secret on being so calm?” I asked with a lopsided grin.

  She didn’t seem to take it as a joke and just pulled the sheets over her figure. She didn’t even answer my question when she turned her back to me and fall asleep. Guess I must’ve hit a nerve.

  “Sorry,” I said, “I didn’t think it would be offensive . . . especially with what’s going on and all.”

  “Oh no,” she said with a laugh, “Not at all. It’s just . . .” her sentence faltered for a moment. I waited for a few good seconds and was wondering if she was alright but she picked back up where she left off by saying, “It’s just . . . your question really took me off guard.”

  I just nodded and said, “Okay.”

  We fell back into silence again after that. I didn’t know whether I could really fall back into sleep but I tried.

  “You must’ve been furious though, thinking of Si Won with your wife.” Min Young suddenly said which made my heart skip a few beats. She was definitely on spot about that one.

  I agreed by saying, “I was,” and then corrected, “Still am.” I fidgeted with the hem of the sheets as I think over the question I wanted to ask her. After rethinking it over and over, I finally said it, “Do you think I’m a good husband?”

  Min Young was quiet. It took her quite some time to answer but she answered nonetheless despite the agonizing minutes she made me wait. She eventually turned to face me and answered, “From my point of view . . . yes.”

  I turned to her and smiled. “You think so?” I asked to be sure or reassured.

  “Of course,” she said confidently. “I mean, you make coffee, you come home on time, and then . . . there’s you helping me with the groceries. What more could a wife ask from such a perfect husband?” Min Young elaborated greatly. It seemed a little biased but it was too sweet to be corrected.

  “Thanks,” I said in reply and pulled my arm down from beneath my head to join the one over my tummy.

  “You’re most welcomed,” she said happily and lay back so she now looked up to the ceiling. She then asked after a moment of silence, “Do you think I’m a good wife?”

  I turned to her and answered earnestly, “Most definitely.”

  She turned her head towards me and gave me a smile. “Thanks Yunho,” she told me and wished, “Goodnight.”

  After that, she turned to her right and I now faced her back. “Goodnight to you too,” I wished her back and closed my eyes.  

 

 

 


 

I know you guys must've expected but.... This chappie was a little too long so I had to cut it into 2... ^^ This is a mild chappie. Now the ....

It is coming up NEXT!! BWAHAHAHA!!

Comment plz... even if you are a silent reader, comment, say something, anything, just..... SAY!!! Speak out, my brothers and sisters!! LOL

Alright, Enjoy ppl.... XD

 

Peace Out! Love,

Durian2003