Caller IDs & Rings

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Min Young's POV

I stifled a yawn as I woke up due to the heat of the morning sun on my skin and stretched out my limbs on my bed. I turned to my left where the window that had let in the sun’s rays in and smiled at the sight. Its warmth rejuvenated me and I had never felt happier to be on my comfy bed with my sheets wrapped around me.

  I stretched out in my bed again, sprawled on the comforter like an eagle and just closed my eyes to get more sleep when I suddenly asked myself – what day is it? My eyes snapped open and I sat bolt upright on my bed. The events of last night came in a flash and I had to wonder, how did I get on my bed? Only one person could be held responsible, Yunho.

  Pushing my covers aside, I got off of my bed and nearly rushed down to get to him but he was casually sipping his tea by the dining table, reading the morning paper. I called out to him, “Yunho?”

  He looked up and smiled. “Finally, you’re up,” he said and put the paper aside. “Did you get a good night’s rest?” he asked me before taking another sip.

  I ignored his question and asked, “What time did you get home last night?” I came closer towards him as he answered.

  His smile slowly melted off of his face as he noticed my expression held no sign of interest. “I got home about four,” he answered.

  “Four? Is that normal for a stuntman to go home by?” I asked with my forehead creased in worry.

  “There were times I didn’t even go home and stayed at the Action School because we got back at six in the morning and had to get back at seven.” Yunho explained.

  “Yah, don’t you know how important sleep is?!” I asked him in almost a yell. Yunho flinched as I raise my voice but stayed silent. “If you keep this up Yunho, if you continue to not sleep and not get plentiful amounts of rest your heart will eventually stop!” I stated angrily.

  He then leans forward and asks, “Are you saying this because you’re worried or are you saying this because you’re angry I didn’t come home for dinner?”

  I let out a grumble and answered, “Both!”

  I noticed a smile creep up the corners of his lips as he got his answer before I turned my back to him and huffed. Then, Yunho asks, “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for work, anyway?”

  I turned my head around and asked back with a frown, “What about you? Shouldn’t you be hurrying over to that site of yours by now?”

  “Ah . . . I’ve always been early and the first one on the scene. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind me being late for once.” Yunho said casually before turning his attention back to the paper he had pushed aside.

  I had wanted to say something to him if I only hadn’t been interrupted by the doorbell. My shoulders sagged and I walked straight up to the door. I opened it and there stood a mail man, holding out a bundle of mail for me and had a smile plastered on his face. I took the bundle gingerly out of his hands and replied his smile with a weak imitation. He merely smiled wider and walked away. I was still in a blur from just waking up but I quickly forget about him and turned my attention to the mail in my hands.

  “Who was it?” Yunho asked as he was in the kitchen, refilling his mug with coffee.

  “It was the mail man,” I answered as I sat on the stool by the kitchen counter.

  Yunho leaned against the counter and comes closer to me to ask, “Since you’re getting all comfy here, does this mean you’re not going to work?”

  I looked up to him from looking through the letters and just smiled. “Maybe,” I merely answered and he smiled too.

  I continued to go through the letters and stopped at one particularly eye-catching letter. I pushed the others aside and studied the letter. The writing looked familiar. I turned it over and when I read the recipient the letter was from, the colour in my face was immediately drained.

  Yunho noticed my sudden change in expression as I tore the letter open and read it anxiously, asked, “What’s wrong?”

  I handed the letter to him for him to read and messaged my temple as I say, “We’re doomed.”

  He read the letter intently at first but as I waited for him to get to a certain part, his eyes widened and he said aloud, “What?!”

  “What are we going to do, Yunho?” I asked him, as if in despair.

  “How long will we be going – if we’re going anyway,” Yunho asked as his eyes stayed glued to the letter even after he placed it in front of him.

  “Usually it’s for a week,” I answered solemnly. “I never thought I’d have to go through this,” I confessed as I eyed the letter uncomfortably.

  “Guess we’ll just have to face it,” Yunho said and finished up his coffee.

  As we both stared silently at the letter, I suddenly realize how quiet the house was. If Yunho was late, he should be receiving calls by now but he didn’t. “How come no one is calling you in?” I asked.

  He said simply, “I switched my phone off.”

  I let out a laugh the same time he did. “Give me your phone,” I said and he eyed me with an eyebrow raised.

  As I held my hand out for it, he asked, “Why?”

  I admitted, “I just realized yesterday I didn’t have your number.”

  He chuckled and placed his cell onto my palm and watched as I keyed in my number. “Where’s yours then?” he asked. He probably wants to do the same thing to my cell phone.

  I answered, “I don’t know. I think I left it somewhere down here. I don’t recall it being in my room.” An idea popped into my head and went with it without telling Yunho. As soon as I had pressed the ‘Call’ button, I could hear my ringtone playing. It was the OST of Miss Ripley, name: Glass by Hwa Yo Bi.

  He went searching for it and found it stuck in between the cushions. He collapsed onto the very couch he found my phone in and started to tap onto the screen, saving the number of the call it had missed. I walked over to him to sneak a peek at what he had saved his contact under what name.

  I pouted when he covered the screen from my view with his hand. I pushed his shoulder and said, “Yah. What did you do?”

  “Call me,” he said and waited for me to do so with the screen faced down on his baby blue t-shirt.

  Once my phone started to ring, he lifted up my phone so I could see who the caller ID was. I smiled as I said aloud, “Yeo Bo Yunho.” I then told him, “Now call me.”

  He did as told and when his phone started to ring, I showed him whose caller ID was displayed on the screen. When he saw it, a wide smile spread across his face as he said, “My Wife Min Young.”

  “Now that we’re a set, what’s left is a set of rings,” I told him.

  “I guess there’s no going back now,” Yunho said and looked up to me to suggest, “How about I get a pair from that stall by Coffee Prince?”

  I looked at him like he was crazy and asked, “Seriously?”

  He asked back, “Why not?”

  “Don’t they like sell those cutesy rings with the plastic flowers and bands and stuff?” I asked with a pout on my lips.

  “Well, I’m not exactly the type to be able to afford a million dollar diamond ring.” Yunho stated solemnly.

  I giggled and stood up straight. “Guess we better start packing,” I told him and made my way up to my room.  

 

 

 

 


Dear beloved readers,

I know this chapter seems a bit short but the next one I'mma post will be longer... Promise! Hope u enjoy... ^^  Comments are very much welcomed! 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003