Meet the Family

Spouse Exchange

 

 

 

Min Young's POV

A three hour long journey and we were finally here. I looked up to the house before us and felt the butterflies fluttering in the pits of my stomach. I clutched the cloth of my peach sun dress that had covered my stomach and felt it churn even more. Maybe I was getting a stomach ache instead on uneasiness.

  “Hey, are you okay?” Yunho asked me as he got out of the car. That was the third time he’s asked me the question. Yunho had worn a formal suit with a black tie for this event and I have to say, he never looked better.

  I turned around to look at him nervously and honestly said, “I think I might just throw up.”

  He walked around the car to meet up with me and places each hand onto my shoulder before saying, “Hey, you’re going to be fine. I should be the one nervous here. You just relax, okay?”

  I took in a deep breath and nod gently. I then asked him when he lowered his hands from my shoulders, “Are you ready?”

  “Ready as I’ll ever be,” he said as he gave his arm to me so I could curl my arm into his. For once, Yunho looked scared. Beads of sweat trickled down the side of his forehead as we both walked up to the door. I waited for him to ring the doorbell and just when his finger was millimetres away from the small gold button, he froze when he heard someone’s voice. I swore I thought he had seen a ghost as the colour in his face left him. “You know what, I think I’ll go take the luggage while you go ahead and explain things,” Yunho said shakily and stiffly took my arm off of his so he could go back to the car.

  “But Yunho . . .” my sentence faltered when he was far. Guess he was more nervous than I thought. I turned my attention back to the door and said to myself, “Well, here goes nothing.”

  I pressed the small gold button that buzzed from outside but I’m sure it rang from the inside. I waited patiently as the agonizing seconds passed. I was shocked out of my skin when the door finally opened and I put on my widest and brightest smile for whomever that had opened the door.

  The elderly woman standing before me wore a light pink sweater over a soft white dress that reached her knees and pearls entangled themselves around her neck. Her silver hair was pulled back in a bun and her skin a creamy white with a hint of pink in her cheeks.

  When her dark brown orbs landed on my face, she gasped and soon a smile lit her face as she says, “Oh My Goodness, Min Young!”

  “Hello Mom,” I greeted her back and came forward to wrap my arms around her frail figure.

  When we pulled back, she said, “We didn’t think you’d make it.”

  “How could I miss my own parents’ anniversary?” I said in appal and then added, “Which reminds me . . . Happy 40thAnniversary, Mom.”

  “Will you look at what the cat dragged in,” I heard an annoying yet familiar deep voice and looked over my mother’s shoulder to find my younger brother standing while leaning against the couch with his arms crossed and a sinister smile on his lips.

  “Geun Suk-ssi,” I said as I cross my arms and made my way to him. “I see you’re still in the entertainment business,” I told him as I studied the ensemble he had on for the day. His fingers were infested with big bulky rings, his clothes were either in black, grey or black, his hair was slick back from the many hair gel he used and his eyes were Smokey due to eyeliner and eye shadow. “Yup, you must be judging from the way you’re dressed,” I said, confirming my theory.

  “If you must ask, these clothes are of my recent project.” Geun Suk said matter-of-factly. “They’re for a drama I am currently working on, entitled: You’re Beautiful.” Geun Suk stated proudly as he checked his manicured nails in black nail polish.

  “Yah, just because you’re an actor doesn’t make you more superior than me,” I stated myself while poking his shoulder which made him jerk. “I am still your older sister whether you like it or not,” I added and smiled in content at his irritated expression.

  “Is that who I think it is I hear,” I heard and my heart beat started to race. Slowly, I look past my brother and saw the one man I feared the most. “Min Young, my sweet Min Young,” he said warmly and walked my way with his arms wide for an embrace. Once they were tightly enclosed around my body, I smiled uncomfortable and prayed for him to not hear my racing heartbeat. “I really missed you,” he said as he pulled back from his embrace.

  I made a lopsided grin and said in a squeak, “Hi Dad.”

  He looked behind me, behind Geun Suk and then looked at my face to ask, “Where’s my son-in-law Si Won? I’d like to greet him. He’s been doing very well these days.”

  His smile soon disappeared when Yunho entered the room with our bags in hand. “Sorry I’m a little late, our luggage was heavy so I had to take my time,” Yunho said as he came in. Everyone’s eyes immediately turned to him as he entered the room. Yunho’s face soon fell when he saw who was with me and gulped.

  When I looked up to my father’s face, I was afraid of what I was going to see but I had to see because I had to face it one way or the other. His smile had completely melted off of his face and was soon replaced with disapproval.

  He turned to me and asked, “Min Young . . . who is this?”

  I looked up to him, unflinching and proud despite the fact the stare he used to look down upon me was intense but I just explained calmly, “Dad, meet Yunho . . . he’s my husband.”

 

 

Sitting at the dinner table where the whole family was around should be a happy and joyous moment. The children would be telling stories of their life in the city with their families whereas their parents would be laughing and smiling, happy and proud that their child turned out well in the city. Our family on the other hand – was the exact opposite.

  At the table, all five of us were very quiet. My father sat at the end of the table while my mother sat at the other end. I sat beside my father and Yunho sat in between me and my mother. My brother was watching us intently in the opposite seat of mine and I only shot him glares. The table was never this quiet, probably because there was a new member of the family they never knew about.

  The only sounds that we could hear were of spoons and chopsticks, clinking against each other as we eat. Yunho was very pale and ghost-like as if he hadn’t eaten in days. I tried to comfort him by placing a hand on his that was on his thigh and he gave me a very grateful look.

  “So,” Geun Suk said which made us all avert our eyes to him as we wait anxiously for his next word he was going to utter. He leans forward, placed his elbows onto the table and clasped them together before saying, “Yunho.” He turned his head to Yunho and Yunho’s eyes widened in alarm. “Tell us, what do you work as?” Geun Suk asked with a smile on his face.

  “Uh . . .” Yunho was a little flustered but he eventually stuttered his way to say, “I uh, I’m um . . . I’m a stuntman.”

  “Ooh, stuntman,” Geun Suk said in delight with his eyebrows raised and turned to me to show it. I only intensified my glare but stopped when I heard my father toss his chopsticks into his bowl.

  “Min Young, I would like to talk to you in private please,” he told me before standing up and headed towards the kitchen.

  ‘Oh great,’ I thought as I close my eyes and clench my jaw. I wanted to massage the bridge of my nose at the migraine he was causing me of his behaviour but immediately pushed it aside. I stood up, causing the chair to almost fall and then went straight to the direction of the kitchen where my father disappeared to.

  He was leaning against the island and had his arms crossed. When I entered the room, he looked up to me and asked, “What happened to Si Won? Did you guys have a divorce?”

  “I’m still waiting for the papers,” I said casually.

  “Good God, Min Young. What is wrong with you?” he asked me and I crossed my arms at his words. I was half angry and half in disbelief. He continued, “What happened between you and Si Won? Is this some kind of thing that spouses do to get back at each other when the other is cheating on the other? Is that it?”

  “No,” I said simply as I cross my arms and bite my lower lip to prevent myself from yelling at him.

  “Then, how on Earth did you get yourself involved with this . . . this . . . man?” he asked, as if saying the word was so hard.  

  I looked at him in disbelief and said, “You should be asking Si Won that because he’s the reason I’m in such a situation.”

  “Oh for all you know Si Won is not even cheating on you,” he said as if my words were of some paranoia a wife has, suspecting of her husband to be cheating on his wife. The difference between that and me is that he really is cheating.

  “Dad, you weren’t there when I heard the other woman from the other end. You weren’t there when I saw him in the very apartment of the alleged woman he’s cheating on me with.” I stated angrily.

  “Oh she’s probably some colleague,” he said, waving away my words like they were rubbish.

  “Won bear and he only wore a towel around his waist!” I yelled.

  “Then, who’s at fault here for not being able to hold on to a husband like him?!” he yelled back at me.

  I was in shock. Probably for the fact that he just yelled at me but mostly was to the accusation he had accused. “You think . . . you think it was my fault that he did this to me?” I asked him as my eyes stung from the tears that soon threated to fall.

  “Why else would he leave?” he asked me as he raked his fingers through his hair. “What was the reason he gave you when he left?” he asked me as he turned to my shaking body that was trying to hold back the anger in me. “It’s either he hardly got any or just didn’t like you in bed. Which one was it?” he asked me as he eyed me up and down when I fell silent.

  I my teeth and tried to hold it in for one more second but just snapped. I noticed the blender from the corner of my eyes, grabbed it and threw it at him. Once it had hit him I yelled, “You don’t know how it feels like to come home and find him hardly giving you any attention! You don’t know how it feels like when you try to make a move, you get rejected!! You don’t know how it feels like to call him out of worry from being out late and find him probably in a room alone with a married woman!! You don’t know how it feels like when your very own husband traded you for the very woman he’s cheating on you with!! You don’t know!! You DON’T KNOW!!” Throughout the time I was yelling, I threw whatever it is my hands could catch at him and caused a ruckus in the kitchen.

  Soon, my mother had entered the kitchen and pulled me back from hitting my father. Once she had put her arms around me, I turned towards her and buried my face in her shoulder so I could cry my heart yet another time. I couldn’t care less what expression he had on but I would like to think it was horror.

 

 

Yunho’s POV

As I sit in my seat, I could hear Min Young having a war with her father. I placed my elbows onto the table and rubbed my face with my hands. This was exactly what I hoping not to happen. Her brother sitting in front of me seemed a little guilty for asking me the question that triggered his father’s anger. Min Young’s mother on the other hand looked weak, she didn’t like the fact that her daughter was arguing with her father.

  As we continued to sit in silence, we suddenly hear the sound of something clattering to the ground and Min Young’s yells had become louder. ‘Oh no,’ I thought. I could already imagine what was going on and had stood up to check on it but Min Young’s mother beat me it.

  When I stood by the door, I was in shock to find a very familiar looking mess in front of my eyes. Min Young was hitting her father in the chest and tears had streamed down her cheeks. Once her mother had successfully pulled her away from her father she immediately buried her face in her mother’s shoulder. She hugged her mother tightly and just wept like the night she saw Si Won with Su Yeon in my apartment. I never like seeing Min Young like this. It made her look very . . . broken.

  Her mother shot her father a glare and led her mother out of the room. Her father on the other hand didn’t notice the glare but just watched into oblivion, as if in complete disbelief at what had just happened before his eyes. He looked up and I noticed look of guilt and regret come across but immediately walked away to not show it to us – Geun Suk and me.

  I was surprised his expression stayed at that when he looked up to me but just felt grateful that it did. The both of us gave way to him and just continued to stare at the mess Min Young had made in a matter of seconds.

  “Well,” I heard Geun Suk say. When I looked up to him, at the same time he looked up to me and held out his hand. I took it and he said, finishing off what he had started, “Welcome to the family.”  

 

 

 

 


Dear readers,

Here's the newest chappie!! After this one, am gonna wait for maybe abt 5 - aint gonna be ambicious - 5 comments, then, I'll post up the next chappie. Hope u guys like it. A lil' drama in this one. I wish to not make Min Young as dramatic but, I just couldn't help myself... So, Enjoy!! And uh.... Comments are very much welcomed...

And again to all of my readers....

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!  ^^

Peace Out!!!!! Love,

Durian2003