I Love You

Spouse Exchange

Now, I was battling with myself here... Thinking whether I should cut this chapter into two because it seemed longer than some of my other chapters but then again, if I were to it.... The chapter after this would be too short so I went and winged it...

Hope u guys like it! Enjoy!!


 

 

 

Min Young's POV

I thought I died when my heart stopped as I heard the name that came out of Eun Hyuk’s mouth. Almost immediately, I ran to where I saw Yunho disappeared last. I ran past the doors and fair enough he had disappeared into surgery.

  My heart was racing, my breath caught in my throat and the thought of losing him seemed almost unbearable. I dropped to the ground on the spot and just broke into tears, hugging myself, wishing for him to be there and hold me, wishing that it wasn’t him in that surgery room, fighting for his life. The nurses that were close by saw me and immediately came to my aid, asking me what was the matter and if there was anything they could help me with. I only cried and didn’t answer them.

  They helped guide me to the benches set outside of the surgery room and left me there in my tears. After I had calmed down a little, I shakily texted to Hye Ryung, stating I had very important matters to attend to so all of my appointments for the day were to be cancelled.

  Next thing I did was I waited, cried, and prayed. What else was there to do? I couldn’t barge into the room and help; I was just a dentist for crying out loud. I felt so frustrated with myself. Why did this have to happen right when I was about to fix things? I grabbed a fistful of my hair each and just pulled on my hair to release the tension and frustration inside me. Mostly, I hated myself for even leaving him. Now, I won’t be able to know how he truly feels about me and I might never know it.

  As I sobbed into my knees with my hands still scrunching up my hair, I suddenly hear running footsteps headed my way. I looked up and saw Yunho’s Action School team coming. The one that really caught my attention was the director, Director Ji Hun. His clothes, hands and face was either smudged or immersed in red, also known as blood – Yunho’s blood.

  He walked over to the counter shamelessly, not caring of his current condition and said, “Jung Yunho. He must’ve come in here a few moments ago.”

  The nurse attending him said after checking her computer, “Yes, he did. What connection is it that you have with him?”

  Director Ji Hun answered, “I’m his boss. I was on sight when the crash happened.”

  The nurse then kindly stated, “I’m afraid you will have to wait as he is still in surgery.”

  He took off the beanie he had on and raked his bloody fingers through his hair. He let out a sigh and took a few steps back. He used the counted as support as he doubles over and takes in deep breaths. I recalled Changmin and he came forth, places a hand on his director’s shoulder and asks, “Are you okay, sir?”

  It took him a while but he eventually spoke up. He lifted his head up and said, “I’m fine. Just go sit down.”

  I gulped when Changmin looked towards me and had to look twice to make sure what he was seeing was real. “Min Young?” he asked hesitantly.

  I nodded weakly and Director Ji Hun’s head snapped immediately into my direction. His eyes that were once glassy and filled with heartfelt worry, soon changed and turned dark and deadly. His stare intensified into a glare and soon approached me.

  “What are you doing here?” he asked me in a cold tone.

  It took me by surprise he was talking to me in such a tone. I had to look away from his eyes and answered meekly, “I saw him come in and just . . . I just couldn’t stay away I guess.” I then pursed my lips and hesitantly looked up only to find his stare still intense and dark.

  I looked down and caught sight of his hands. Tightly clenched into fists, his knuckles were white and the skin seemed about ready to tear against the bone. I didn’t know what I did that made him very angry but I could take a hint it was Yunho. That made the guilt in me build more and I felt a fresh new batch of tears overwhelm me.

  Director Ji Hun didn’t talk to me again after that. He just sat quietly beside me with the team, waiting as anxiously and nervously as I was only his sitting position was different. His legs were spread apart, elbows on his knees as he clasped his hands together and rested his chin on them. I on the other hand was hugging my knees tightly, chewing my lower lip vigorously as I bury my face in my knees.

  Soon, an hour passes and Director Ji Hun had started to bite on his nails. At the same time, he impatiently taps his right foot against the tiled floor. He was getting anxious. Who wouldn’t really? He then asks, “How long has it been?”

  It was probably directed towards his crew but seeing they were silent, I answered voluntarily. “It’s been an hour,” I answered weakly and receive a glare from Director Ji Hun for it.

  Suddenly, Jonghyun stands up and faces Director Ji Hun. His eyes were glassy and he soon drops to his knees and says hysterically, “Sir,” he started shakily, “What will happen to Senior Yunho? Will he survive? What will we do if he doesn’t make it? I don’t think,” he stops for a moment as he looks down to the floor and shakes his head. Soon, tears streamed down his cheeks and he continued in a cracked voice, “I don’t think I can continue if Senior Yunho is gone!”

  Director Ji Hun looked about as close to the edge already and to see like this, it probably pushed his limits. Luckily Dong Hae came to the rescue and wraps his arms around Jonghyun to comfort him. He would whisper encouraging and positive words in his ear as he helped Jonghyun up as he wailed and cried.

  Director Ji Hun raked his fingers through his hair for a moment before saying, “Dong Hae-ssi.” Dong Hae stuck his head out and raised his eyebrows as he perks his ears up to listen to what the director had to say, “Take the boys out for some air. Maybe you can get me some coffee as well.”

  Slowly, Dong Hae helped Jonghyun up and led Changmin and few of the others through the hospital halls to get some fresh air. I just watched in silence, still hugging my knees, as the director let out a sigh and rubbed his temples.

  “It’s the first time he’s gone through something like this,” he suddenly said, finally breaking the ice between us. “It should’ve been something to expect but . . . I guess it still comes as a surprise to you,” he said with a small smile to lighten up the mood.

  I didn’t know what to comment to that. I was as hurt and torn as he was, thinking of the possibility of what I would do if Yunho was really gone.

  “Yunho never stopped thinking about you,” he said suddenly, which really caught my attention. I turned to him with wide eyes the same time he turned to me to see my reaction. His expression no longer playful, he says, “I never thought I would see it with my own eyes someone so broken. Could you just imagine the hurt you caused him?” I let a tear fall as he continued to tell me his story. “Seeing Yunho like that . . . it almost seemed like he lost a part of him, pulled away by a great force. And did you know what he said that really completed it, the very icing on top.” Weakly, I shook my head from left to right and he leaned closer to quote the very words Yunho had said, “I love her too much but I can’t tell her how much she means to me without having to ruin her happiness.”

  I gasped and covered my mouth as I sobbed harder. Director Ji Hun’s face was now a blur as my shoulders shook and I cried into my knees. Yunho . . . what have I done to you?

  “Why would you even do that to a man?” he asked me, perhaps demanded from me. My shoulders shook harder as he continued, “How could you put someone into such misery?”

  I looked up to him and said, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry!”

  “Don’t say that to me, say that to the man who is on the operating table at this very moment,” Director Ji Hun said sternly.

  I repeated the two words continuously as the guilt completely overwhelmed me. I leaned back against the wall and just hung my head low in shame. After reconsidering what I had done, I was considered to be as bad as Si Won when he left me for Su Yeon. The pain of being rejected for another and of knowing for sure that your other half isn’t in love with you but another, I could already imagine.

  “Yunho-ssi,” I called out weakly, “I’m sorry.”

  I was given another surprise when Director Ji Hun suddenly took my hand into his and said, “I’d like to think . . . that the reason you’re here is more than the fact that you know him.” I looked up to him and as I sniffed, he continued to say, “Min Young-ssi . . . do you love him?”

  I had always asked myself the question and would find it to be such a difficulty to answer. I have yet to solve it and when another asks me . . . I feel so much pressure on my shoulders. With Si Won and my family and then Ji Hun, it makes me feel like I’m trapped. I’m so confused between my heart and my thoughts. Should I hope on Si Won to change and pray for our marriage to be better? Or do I follow my heart by dumping Si Won and just spend my last moments with him?

  “I . . .” I started to say and Ji Hun actually seemed anxious to know the answer.

  I was about to tell him my decision but I was stopped by a certain someone bursting in through the doors. Her trench coat – which was a bright and striking hot pink – stood out in the white room. Her long blonde hair was a mess as she had been running and her make-up had slightly ran from the tears she had shed. In her hand, she clutched a light pink satin handkerchief and went straight to the counter.

  She asked frantically, “Where is he? Where is my husband?!!”

  The nurse said gently, “What’s his name, miss?”

  “Jung Yunho,” she said in almost a shriek.

  “I’m afraid he’s still in surgery, miss,” the nurse said sympathetically.

  “Oh my God, Oh my God!!” she said as she pushed her hair back. She paced back and forth worriedly and started to cry again. When she looked up, her eyes immediately caught sight of me. She points a lanky manicured forefinger at me and snarled, “You. What are you doing here?”

  I stayed silent at her question. She didn’t even want to hear my answer anyway so she continued to mourn at the side, crying and wailing like a mad person gone mad. Ji Hun’s hand on mine never left its place and suddenly tightened to get my attention.

  I turned to him and he said, “I think it is best if the team doesn’t stay. If I were to stay any longer,” he turned towards Su Yeon and continued, “That might just be my future.” I didn’t know whether it was a joke but decided to think of it as a serious insight. He brushed his thumb over my hand and looked up to my face to add, “Promise me one thing though.” I looked up into his eyes and he said, “Promise me that you’ll fix what you’ve done by whatever means necessary.”

  “How . . . how do I do that?” I asked him in wonder.

  “Just promise me you’ll fix it,” he said and released my hand. He then stood up and places a light kiss on my forehead before whispering, “I wish you all the best.”

  As he walked away, I stopped him just as he was a few steps away from the door. “Ji Hun, wait,” I said and he turned around. “Thank you, for enlightening me,” I said and he merely nodded in reply.

  When Ji Hun left, I was left alone with Su Yeon, crouched in a corner and attending nurses. I had never felt so pressured in my life. The decision I was going to make was a long shot. I knew I was risking a lot here and prayed to God for Yunho to be fine. I wanted him to live through this. Even if it was for a few more days, just let him wake up for just a moment for me to reply him my feelings towards him. Just . . . give me one more chance to repent.

  We waited agonizingly for another horrendous hour. I had taken my lab coat off and folded it on my lap. I used to bite my nails when I was a little girl and stopped when I entered middle school but it seems the bad habit came back as I wait for the doctor to come out from the surgery room. I thought my heart stopped when Dr Park came out of the double doors, still in his shrubs.

  He looked around and asked, “I am looking for the wife of My Jung Yunho.”

  I stood up the same time as Su Yeon did but stopped myself from saying the words Su Yeon said before me, “I am.”

  I looked down to my shoes and felt myself shrink. ‘What is wrong with me?’ I asked myself as I played with my ring.

  “Dr Jang,” I heard Mr Park call me and looked up. “Do you know the patient?” he asked as Su Yeon watched irritably by the side.

  “He’s a close friend,” I lied simply and he just nodded.

  “Where is he doctor?” Su Yeon fired. “Is he okay? What’s his condition? Can I see him?” she asked all at once.

  “Yes, you can Mrs Jung.” Dr Park answered the last question and led her the way to Yunho.

  I snatched up my lab coat, hung it on my arm and followed suit. Passing through the doors, we pass by a couple of patients in the ICU, warded for specific reasons. It felt like such a long journey but we made it finally.

  I became scared because of what I might see. Su Yeon gasped and was in tears as she first laid her eyes on her husband. I was shaking at the thought of how bad it might be but willed myself, gathered all of the courage in me and peered in.

  I bit my tongue to bite back my gasp and let a tear fall as I let my eyes roam his form. The sight of him made my heart sore to the core. His head was bandaged and he had suffered from a broken leg. His arms stayed limp by his sides and his lips were a shade of blue. Yunho would’ve passed for dead if it hadn’t been for the life support machine on his left.

  Su Yeon was on her knees, laying her head on the edge of the bed, mourning over her husband’s terrible fate while I stood there, in shock. Like a robot, I asked flatly, “What’s his situation?”

  “Bad,” Dr Park said at first. He stuffed his hands down the pockets of his lab coat and further explained, “He’s currently brain dead as of the moment. We were planning on trying again tomorrow.”

  I then asked, “What happens then?”

  “Well, if we’re successful, he might have a higher chance of surviving.” Dr Park answers.

  “And if you fail?”

  He took in a sharp breath and answered, “Then, we’ll just pray he’s able to go through it. What else can we do?”

 

 

Three days has passed since Yunho’s accident and even after Dr Park’s efforts, he still hasn’t woken up. I had taken the week off and would visit Yunho every day from morning till late night. I would switch my phone off because of the incoming calls made by Si Won and just fill my time with tending to Yunho.

  I had asked the nurses that had come to change his IV drip if Su Yeon, his wife, were to come and visit when I was gone. They said she hardly comes over and that I was his only female visitor besides the crew. I wasn’t around when they came. It saved me the trouble of having to stammer my way into a conversation with them anyway.

  I filled my time by checking on Yunho. I cleaned his face and his arms and legs with warm water and a cloth. I would check the machines and his drip before sitting down in a chair and do a crossword puzzle from my crossword puzzle book I had bought when I went out yesterday. Three days straight of visiting Yunho at the hospital and having nothing else to do but crossword puzzles made me tire and bore.

  I put the book aside and instead just watched Yunho as his chest rose occasionally to show his breathing. There were really no words that could describe what I felt as I watched him, so lifeless on that bed. It was almost as if he was dead but I knew he wasn’t. Deep down, he was fighting, just crawling his way out, scraping the surface to wake up. I took his cold hand into mine and just let the tears flow.

  I rested my head on my hand and just stared at our intertwined fingers. I had no longer worn my ring for I no longer had a need for it. I had packed my belongings and rented a nice apartment because as of now, I was officially filing for divorce. I had told Si Won this the night of Yunho’s accident. I was numb from crying so much in the car and just told him in a flat voice that my decision was final. He tried to argue, demanded answers and reasons for my decision and I only told him to look back to his life. I didn’t tell him of Yunho though because I was afraid he might do something so I kept it in the shadows.

  The next day, I called a good friend of mine who was a lawyer and started getting to work on the papers. As of now, Si Won and I are separated.

  Four days now, and Yunho still hasn’t woken up. I was beginning to worry but still hoped and prayed for him to eventually wake up. Just let me talk to him one last time before he goes. I was sitting at the edge of his bed, watching him lying so still and felt completely helpless.

  I tried to do my crossword puzzle but I had lost my mood completely. Every time I try to avert my mind off of Yunho, it just comes back running. My worry towards him just wouldn’t stop but because I was afraid my worry might just drive towards paranoia and madness, I decided to do something I haven’t done in a long time. I decided to clean the place up.

  Of course you must think there’s no need to clean a ward seeing it had to be spotless and germ-free for the patient to stay in but what’s the harm in doing it, right? I started with his clothes. I didn’t know where he was staying at the moment and decided to go buy new ones for him. I tried to shop for simple yet quality clothes and took a gamble at his size. When I got back, I hung them and folded them nicely in the cupboard.

  After that, I took out the bundles of plastic bags they had stuffed all of his belongings in the drawer. I tore the plastic bags open and arranged them nicely in the drawer. I had come across money, change and notes. I placed his money in his wallet and decided to check out the remaining contents of his wallet seeing there was no harm in doing so.

  There were debit cards, credit cards, ID and all the usual stuff you find in any usual wallet. He carried a few pictures of his Action School crew and I found it cute to see him in them. There was one dated a few years back. He was probably starting out. His hair was drenched in sweat and flat on his head. Despite how tired he seemed, a smile beamed his face as he held up a wooden staff. I had never seen a much happier Yunho.

  I put the picture back with the others and placed it carefully in the drawer. I threw the plastic bag in the trash bin and was down to one last bag. My smile slowly melted as I saw the contents of the last bag. Two rings of the same kind, one in red and the other in blue. I tore the plastic open and dropped them into my palm.

  I turned around to see Yunho’s face and pursed my lips. “Yunho,” I whispered and turned my attention back to the sunflower rings in my hand. They were our rings that were used as our wedding rings. I clenched them in my fist and clutched them to my chest. I closed my eyes and just felt myself overwhelmed by tears. It had been a while since I cried.

  I unclenched my hand and took the one in blue. The blue was Yunho’s and I put it on. I climbed onto the bed and lay beside him. I brought his limp hand up to me and placed my ring on the same finger as mine and held his hand tight to my chest. I hugged him like I was never going to see him again. I shut my eyes tight and prayed to God to answer my prayer.

  “Please,” I whispered a plea, “Wake up.” I slowly opened my eyes and looked up to the blurry vision of Yunho due to my tears and said, “I’m sorry . . . I love you.”  

 

 

 

 


 

WOW! She has decided!! Woot woot!! Now all that's left is for the hero of the story to actually reply her bac with the same 3 words. He has to wake up though. WILL he wake up eventually?? AHA!! Stay tuned for the....

NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Now, the supposed drama between Director Ji Hun and Min Young wasn't so dramatic now wasn't it?? Hmmm... oh well.... and I just wish that I hadn't made Min Young cry so much because that makes her seem so.... oh whatever... the mmost important thing though is....

Plz comment guys, I'd like to know your thoughts on this one.. and uh, plz look forward to my next update!! ^^

 

Peace Out!! Love,

Durian2003